Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,363 members, 7,860,994 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:35 PM

A Story: Broken Vows - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Story: Broken Vows (96533 Views)

Class Clash- A story about love and family background/status / The University Village - A Story / Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by ohnyeestephen(f): 12:46am On Jun 19, 2013
ok . i actually held my self from saying sumthing but cant do so anymore.
you are so wrong.
so wrong for keeping up till this ty every night for the past three days.
trully you are soooooo amazing . this is a very wondefurl piece
wat i like most is how you expressed the simplicity in becoming born again
bless ur soul glow .

2 Likes

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Nicoleama(f): 12:51am On Jun 19, 2013
Wow,glow luv u ar d bomb...I couldnt help bt picture evritin as I read on.U wil go places wit ur kind of creative mind.LUV DEARIE

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Ariyke: 12:57am On Jun 19, 2013
kissYeeeeeeeeeeeeeees glow am so in love with u *no les intended* wow what more can I say am speechless oh! Such a happy ending for all including salma I guesswink

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by darlynlara(f): 7:56am On Jun 19, 2013
Sisi glow ekaroo hw was ur nyt hop u slept wel o wel me i ova did o dat dose of medcine yesterday was awsome i slept lyk a bom-boi n dreamt lyk a tata may God bless u o uv bin an amazing instrument touching lives through d ways of God ur realy Amazing love u much dear#in nursery 1 voice# 'may God bless u n make u wiser amen'Muuuuuuuuuaaaaaaaaaaahhh!

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by happiezikpe: 9:04am On Jun 19, 2013
I can't read such a lovely piece without saying something
Your story brought tears to my eyes and made me cry out to God in areas where I had been struggling myself as it pertains to my love life.
Your story is clean, was already giving up on finding a story that wouldn't corrupt my mind before I stumbled on your story.
What I however love the most is that you are not ashamed to identify to Christ and you are allowing Him to minister thru you. I think that is just beautiful. Pls keep up d great work.
My suggestion is that I tink it wld be nicer if u made the story Nigerian. I believe your story wld go places and making it Nigerian would give us sthg to be proud of.
Having said that, you certainly rock, and when u decide to publish, be rest assured dat me and all my friends will get a copy each.

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by oyestephen(m): 9:23am On Jun 19, 2013
As candis said, this is amended vows not broken vows cheesy
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by ayobami52(m): 10:48am On Jun 19, 2013
Wow, I can't help myself than to comment to this wonderful piece.... you made me cry and see myself Wat have been missing with God.... more grease to your elbow... GLOW and RULE your WORLD..

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by tonnieblaise(m): 11:05am On Jun 19, 2013
*hits my head against d wall 4 joinin d fun so late* nut just in time 2 follow up till d end..........
GLOWWWWW just one word 4 u......AWESOME....more petrol 2 ur fire...shine bright like a diamond my dear....keep me posted abeg
Love ya......
Nd 2 evry1 dat contributed in takin dis thread 2 frontpage...GOD BLESS ya
God + romantic = GODMANTIC

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Emeraldz(f): 2:11pm On Jun 19, 2013
This is so romantic. Pure unadulterated love right from the scriptures! So so sweet. Oya, na salma remain oh.

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Emeralddan(f): 2:15pm On Jun 19, 2013
Glowing glow......ur story is unique,ur style of writting is unique,ur characters are unique....n u are MORE UNIQUE!!! ( walahi am not exaggerating o)

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jun 19, 2013
Glowingscenes is now a CELEB...
Am hapicheesy

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Degreatjoe: 3:06pm On Jun 19, 2013
Hey guys this is for does who are interested in TELECOMMUNICATION TRAINING TO ADVANCE THEIR CAREER AND FOR EVEN FRESHERS

Certified Telecom Engineer Program from ZTE is starting from 24th June 2013 from ZTE Telecom Bangalore india..... Real Time Training & Certification program..
Training will be on Radio Frequency 2G & 3G 4G LTE, UMTS 3G,RAN,RNC,CORE NETWORK FOR 3 months FULL TIME REAL TIME PRACTICAL TRAINING.
ZTE Certifications is recognized worldwide in 154 countries

Registrations is on going for 24th June batch is extended to 20th June Limited seats Hurry.. Please inform your friends.

Note: we issue admission to Foreign students from all countries
interested nigerians should contact
JOSEPH on phone: +918096579227 skype: degreatejoe for more details
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Angel778(f): 7:35pm On Jun 19, 2013
I was so touchd by ur story that i felt like crying! more ink to ur pen glow. u are indeed a blessing to our generation. God bless u richly.

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Diamonddamsel: 9:00pm On Jun 19, 2013
Beautiful story I love the reconciliation.
God bless u.

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by konklushun(f): 9:14pm On Jun 19, 2013
Whaooooo, u got me glued. Started dis story yesterday and here I am waitin for updates. Girlllll u rock. God bless u. Lemme go nd read Chocolate nd Sushi. B4 I forget, i wld like to say dis 'I love ur writing style'
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jun 19, 2013
Wow, glowing, i didn't know u re writing ds on nl, mehn, i love d piece, i love d change of lives of both joe and maria, anthonio story touched me sotey......
Wat more can i say,than to thank you 4 ds wonderful piece u share with us, and am thanking God 4 giving you ds wonderful brain to write wonderfully. Thanks once more. And expecting more o.

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by waistaa(f): 9:50pm On Jun 19, 2013
ma heavenly father in heaven.may yhu bless GLOw,showa wiv divine favour grace her n continue to shine ur light upon her path. i am astonishd.truly there is GOD n am a testimony

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Veevien(f): 10:15pm On Jun 19, 2013
Thanks a mill Glow , please where can I get other story - chocolate and sushi.

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 10:18pm On Jun 19, 2013
Veevien: Thanks a mill Glow , please where can I get other story - chocolate and sushi.

www.glowingscenes.
my other series you'll find in my blog wink
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 10:21pm On Jun 19, 2013
sooooooooooooooo tired. got back frm work not long ago,.....but lemmie drop something for u guys to show how much i love u guys!!!!!!!
yes!!!!all of uuuu kiss
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 10:29pm On Jun 19, 2013
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Salma struggled to concentrate on the television but she couldn’t. how could joe turn her against her sister so soon and so well. Now there was nothing she could tell Maria that made sense. She seemed to have fallen head over heels in love with him and they strolled out together every night or talking over the phone. They even went to church together and he came to pick her every Sunday. He was acting like a love addict whenever he was with her sister and she hated his act.

Nothing she said even moved him and he greeted her every time. She wished she could do something, anything to make him stay away but she couldn’t and now, her sister was wearing a ring she supposed was an engagement ring and she was so happy while she was boiling inside. Their love was like something unearthly, like heaven on earth and she almost forgot that her sister was pregnant. Even Nick didn’t show her much love as Joe showed her sister and she got angrier for that.

How could a jerk like Joe now become so loving and so different just because he claimed to be a Christian?

Out of anger, she had gone over to stay in Nick’s place and all she wanted to do was to have a good rest after the day’s work but her mind was very crowded.

Nick came over to join her on the couch and passed her a soda can. She accepted it and thanked him and watched him as he stared at the television. She felt upset that he didn’t even notice what she was feeling and didn’t even bother to ask. He wasn’t even surprised that she was spending the evening with him.

She tapped him with her feet and he grabbed it so that he could pull her closer to him. she stopped him immediately

‘what?’ he asked raising an eyebrow

‘are you not gonna ask me why I came over?’

‘okay…’ he smiled coyly and he leaned forward. ‘because you miss me..’

‘no!’ she shrugged him away and sat up on the couch.

‘what’s wrong?’

She sighed. ‘oh, so now you noticed?’

‘noticed what?’

She held herself from slapping him. ‘that I’m not happy.’

‘well, lets make ourselves happy.’ He held her hands and was about to kiss her when she shook her head. ‘I want to ask you something Nick’

‘okay…’he looked down at her and wondered why she was acting weird. ‘I’m listening.’

‘why are we getting married?’

‘well’ he shifted his gaze back to the TV and relaxed on the couch. ‘we’re getting married because it’s meant to be…I mean, you’re a beautiful woman Sammie and you’re hot, really hot and we’ve agreed to move out if things work out with your sister…’he held her face. ‘and I love you.’

‘we’ve been going out for three years Nick…’

‘and I didn’t complain when you decided to keep your virginity. I mean what kind of man would wait around for a girl like that. I’ve been patient enough to understand this ‘special bond’ between you and your sister and the reason behind all these and is this what I get for ‘waiting?’ he scoffed and looked back at the TV. ‘if you have issues with your sister, why don’t you settle it with her and not come here and ruin our evening together. This is your first time you’re actually in my house at night, and I was thinking, ’wow!..., she changed her mind…, perhaps I was wrong.’

‘yeah, you were wrong!’ she jerked up from the couch and slipped into her shoes. ‘you know what happened the last time I came here and I still trust you, cant you at least appreciate that?’

‘hey, babe!’ he stood up. ‘where are you going?’

‘as you said, to settle things with my sister.’ She opened the door and slammed it behind him. she wished he wouldn’t come after her and he didn’t. she didn’t know how relieved she felt. She wasn’t ready to breathe in beer this night or she would have to push him on the ground.

She kept on walking till she got to her sister’s house and saw Joe sanding at the porch steps with Maria and they were both laughing about something. For a while, she stood transfixed watching the both of them and then, like a lovely husband would do, he squatted and pressed his ear close to her stomach and Maria giggled watching him act like a child.

He held her stomach and suddenly pulled back

‘I heard her kick.’ He cried excitedly

‘Which one?’

‘The one who’s going to come out first.’

‘Really…’

‘We’ll sort out the names tomorrow.’ He leaned closer to kiss her. ‘I love you, never forget that.’

‘I love you too.’ She whispered and placed her hand on her stomach. ‘the girls love you too.’

‘I know.’ He touched her stomach and started to move backward not wanting to leave his new family. ‘Tomorrow.’ He repeated and kept waving till he was out of sight. Salma hid in the shadows praying none of them saw her. Now, she knew she couldn’t go inside. She couldn’t even look at Maria in the face. Her sister was happy and here she was feeling so angry and bitter.

Was this not what she had always wanted for Maria, all her life, Maria’s happiness was always her priority and now, she hated that she was with the wrong person, or was he the right person all along?

She waited till she went inside and started walking away unaware of where she was going. She just wanted to be away. Why couldn’t she be the one to make her sister happy? Why couldn’t she be the one to make sure she got married to the right person, why did it have to be some Christians and a God she didn’t trust? Why couldn’t Maria see all that she was doing for her?

She needed to go somewhere and cry and she had nowhere to go. She was passing through a corner in the street and didn’t see till a man came up to her and jerked her by the arm

‘Hey sweetie, need some company?’

‘let go off me!’ she tried to break free but she realized he was far stronger than her and stockier. Her heart suddenly began to beat faster and her other hand searched frantically for her pepper spray can

‘Of all days’ she gritted her teeth and swallowed. ‘Let me go, please.’

‘first your wallet, then you let us have a good time.’ he reeked of tobacco and beer and she could have thrown up. no! this wasn’t happening to her. Maria had gone through this for her and she couldn’t allow them to take it away from her like that. She noticed the second man coming from the left side of the street and she passed him the wallet. She succeeded in jerking free but not for long as the other man grabbed her and pushed her to the floor. She was about screaming but her mouth was covered and she struggled in vain, crying as they pinned her to the ground.

‘let her go, now.’ A deep voice broke through the darkness and the next thing she heard was a gunshot in the air. She suddenly felt free and she broke away scrambling to her feet. There was a little fight and the other ran away while the other was handcuffed.

When she recognized her rescuer, words were too heavy for her mouth as she walked towards him and embraced him, wishing he understood why she was embracing him. she didn’t need to explain, he understood perfectly well.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Eneze1(f): 8:23am On Jun 20, 2013
hmm Glow, I can't get enough, you are the best kiss

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by tonnieblaise(m): 11:11am On Jun 20, 2013
*Eyes glued* waiting 4 more Updates
Göd bless Ya Glow
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jun 20, 2013
Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, mehn, you re too gud.
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by emsheddy(m): 1:05pm On Jun 20, 2013
another nice update from my lady Glowingscenes. U too much jare. Three calabar gunshots for u.
Ikpofioooo, Ikpofiooooo, Kwuroroooooo!
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by emygreat747(m): 1:10pm On Jun 20, 2013
Glow!!!!!!do you want to kill sumbody?come update na pls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by donephi(m): 1:34pm On Jun 20, 2013
It must be joe. U are so good dear, have been following this series from d day it came to d front page.ur work is out of these world.Achebe of our time.More ink to ur pen
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by weezii(m): 1:38pm On Jun 20, 2013
mehn this is a masterpiece. So easy to understand and imagine.

Nice work glow....more ink to your pen and more grease to your phalanges. Too much suspense is not good for ur folks here oooo. Abeg

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jun 20, 2013
Suspense yi ti poju, jowo tete update story yio, or else emi na ma blow-nisin.
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by missvirgorick(f): 6:28pm On Jun 20, 2013
On point!
Salma's rescuer .......its either Joe or Trevor.
Kudos for a job well done Glow(though una neva finish).
Sooo come quickly and finish Ur work so dat U can receive full compensation. God bless You gan!

2 Likes

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 7:29pm On Jun 20, 2013
emsheddy: another nice update from my lady Glowingscenes. U too much jare. Three calabar gunshots for u.
Ikpofioooo, Ikpofiooooo, Kwuroroooooo!

tehehehee....afi calabar gunshots...LOL
thanks dearie
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 7:29pm On Jun 20, 2013
tunspider: Suspense yi ti poju, jowo tete update story yio, or else emi na ma blow-nisin.

LMAOOOOO!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (25) (Reply)

TAMISHO - My Story. My Life / SCHOOL LIFE / FEIRE - A Romance Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.