Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,237 members, 7,836,138 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

A Story: Broken Vows - Literature (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Story: Broken Vows (96353 Views)

Class Clash- A story about love and family background/status / The University Village - A Story / Nairaland - Making A Story Out Of This Forum. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jun 23, 2013
Wow, so dat stubborn maria don born abi? Thank God 4 her life o. Make she run go meet carlos na, who dey beg her.
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by afrikoko: 4:33pm On Jun 23, 2013
thanks glow, i am happy that it was Jeo that took her to the hospital but can maria find a place in her heart to forgive him (jeo) since she already new how carlos is dying for her,after all he was her first love........

At this point to forgive totally and them living as a family is through God intervention and not by human level of critical reasoning.....

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by afrikoko: 4:37pm On Jun 23, 2013
Damex333: Wow, so dat stubborn maria don born abi? Thank God 4 her life o. Make she run go meet carlos na, who dey beg her.

i think she will forgive him..
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Ukavwe: 6:43pm On Jun 23, 2013
Great story,it has not been easy for me, 7 day in took me to be here at first it look less interesting cos it not a story that relate to my environment but as i keep going i could not stop and now i want more or so i tot in flow voice
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Choca(f): 7:42pm On Jun 23, 2013
Haba glow, this one you are doing ain't good fa... No extra post to celebrate sunday ni?
That's not fair at all.
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by bongila(f): 8:36pm On Jun 23, 2013
You've really inspired me babe!Thank you for another mind blowing update!Keep glowing,the sky is just a stepping stone.

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 9:27pm On Jun 23, 2013
Choca :
Haba glow, this one you are doing ain't good fa... No extra post to celebrate sunday ni?
That's not fair at all.
looool...just be patient so gbo... kiss kiss
tanx love
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 9:28pm On Jun 23, 2013
bongila: You've really inspired me babe!Thank you for another mind blowing update!Keep glowing,the sky is just a stepping stone.

thanks love!!!! kiss
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 9:34pm On Jun 23, 2013
Damex333: Wow, so dat stubborn maria don born abi? Thank God 4 her life o. Make she run go meet carlos na, who dey beg her.
LMAO!!! haba na damexx...why u dey vex like this?
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by tonnieblaise(m): 12:44pm On Jun 24, 2013
GLOW GLOW GLOW GLOW GLOW GLOW GLOW
GLOW GLOW GLOW GLOW GLOW GLOW
GLOW GLOW GLOW GLOW....................*finally falls asleep*

Glow come and update o b4 I wake up

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Sleekbaby(f): 3:16pm On Jun 24, 2013
Glow u 2 mch, carry go dearie
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by jendell: 3:52pm On Jun 24, 2013
Miss Glow,u 2 much,i troway 10,000 salute abi na salutes,all join. Never knew i could get smtin pure nd inspiring.....*in my best voice*pls updateeeeeee
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Anonymous007: 4:34pm On Jun 24, 2013
Suspense fild,ily intriguing,mre grace2ur artistic work.
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jun 24, 2013
i want everyone on NL,who likes *wanna say lov* Mama Glow's stories to support moi,beg her to always post on her blog twice a wk.some times suspence dey kill!. Mama Glow plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 6:18pm On Jun 24, 2013
titigold: i want everyone on NL,who likes *wanna say lov* Mama Glow's stories to support moi,beg her to always post on her blog twice a wk.some times suspence dey kill!. Mama Glow plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

LMAO!!!!!titi dear!!!
i wish i could oo...lool...seriously...
dont worry, suspense no dey kill person
oya gba hug ko feel fine
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 6:51pm On Jun 24, 2013
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
‘hey…’

Maria opened her eyes widely on recognizing Salma standing beside her. she smiled weakly. ‘hey.’

‘you did great. Two beautiful girls have been brought to the planet by a strong woman.

‘thank God for that.’

Salma bent to kiss her sister and watched her rise to see Bonnie and Denver making their way into the room.

‘hey sugar.’ Bonnie greeted and came to settle beside her while Denver smiled at them. He went over to look at the girls were they were cuddled up and he carried them both as instructed by Maria. Holding the girls in her arms, she smiled down at them marveling at the great wonder of God.

‘they look just like you.’ Bonnie commented helping her to put strands of hair behind her ear. Maria passed one of the girls to her while others watched.

‘do you have any names for them yet?’ she asked absent minded handling with the toes of the child.

‘I’m still trying to decide.’ She nodded almost ashamed that she had not even thought of any name. before she gained back her memory, Joe had asked about it but they didn’t have enough time to discuss the final names. It was then she remembered Joe wasn’t present.

‘you came all the way?’

‘we had to. Joe called us to pray for you and we knew we had better start running here before he starts panicking.’

Just then, she raised her head and saw Joe standing at the doorway of the room. Her heart melted at the sight of him. his boyish looks and his tousled hair. The way his hazel eyes looked confused for once in his life and the way he stared at her like she was a beautiful sight when she knew she wasn’t presently. The others noticed the tension between them and left them alone for a while.

He came towards her nervously. ‘are you okay?’

‘I’m fine, the girls are.’ She concluded still holding unto them as if jealously guarding them from any harm.

‘can i?’

‘sure.’ She passed one child to him and watched him gaze down at her. he caressed her soft cheeks and watched her grab a
finger with her tiny hands. This was his child, so beautiful and strong. Her eyes moved around his face and he murmured.

‘hey buttercup, daddy’s here.’

‘I was thinking of naming that one Margaret. Maggie’ She looked into his eyes and saw the surprise in his eyes at the remembrance of his late mother ‘and this one, what do you think?’

‘Emmanuella…, Manny’

Maria raised her eyebrow, knowing that the meaning of Emmanuel was ‘God with us.’ He was really with her all through. He was very thoughtful and she nodded trying to hide the tears.

He was tempted to kiss her hair and her head but he wanted to know what was on her mind before he made any move.

‘I was thinking about you when you were here and I wanted to ask you to give me another chance and let’s sort this thing out together.’

‘joe, please…, not now.’

‘I’m sorry.’ He bit his lip

‘I need time to think.’ she looked at him. ‘and I’m still trying to think if Chicago is the best place for me or not. I might have to move if a better offer pops up.’

‘so, how will I get to see you?’

‘salma talked about getting a place in west chicago. She has a good bargain and a job opportunity for me apart from the restaurant and I want the best for my kids.’

‘you have this all planned, already?’

‘I’m still thinking and I need you to give me more time.’

‘’I’ll love to see the girls, more often.’ He kissed the girl’s hand. ‘and I would love to see their mother. I want to know how well you’re improving.’

She could only nod as she watched him wishing she could give him everything and tell him to love her. but she had done that in the beginning just to be treated like garbage by him. he was a Christian now, but a leopard never grew out of his spots. She could forgive him, she wanted to but she had to guard her heart again or she was going to lose it.

‘we’ll work things out enough to see the girls.’ She concluded as a nurse came inside.

‘I hope so.’ Was all he could say
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by glowingscenes(f): 6:55pm On Jun 24, 2013
22……
‘hey!, dinner’s almost ready, so aunt Salma better round up her paper work and come join us for dinner.’ Maria peeped into the room and saw her sister working on her computer.
‘c’mon, you did the right thing.’ She massaged her shoulders to comfort her and relished the fact that her sister rested her head on her hips. She continued. ‘what if you got married and you two started to get things wrong. you thought about it, right…, and you took your decision. ‘

‘you think so?’

‘I know so. Nick is a great guy but maybe not for you. You started having these strange feelings before any wedding and not after the wedding and it’s a good thing you got the ‘signs’

‘what’s the ‘signs?’

Maria laughed. ‘let’s skip that part.’

‘so what did you cook for dinner?’

‘something nice. I thought I should surprise you.’

‘I quit my job yesterday.’ She further explained. ‘I actually got the job in west Chicago. I couldn’t work in Aurora anymore due to complications. Nick insisted but later understood it wouldn’t be convenient for the both of us.

There was silence for a while as maria stared into her sister’s computer and saw a picture that included the both of them while they were quite young. Maria looked closer.

‘where did you get this picture?’

‘you know me…,I always find my way.’

Maria smiled.’ By the way, Carlos called yesterday. He said he was coming over tomorrow to check on me and the girls.’

Salma stood to join her sister as they headed for the living room. ‘really?’

‘yeah. He said he’d been busy for a while and he’ll be in town for a while so he thought it better to spend some time with me.’

Salma felt guilty. ‘but I thought you two weren’t together anymore.’

‘well, who knows what God may be planning?’

‘I don’t think God would want you to move on with someone else.’

Maria raised her eyebrow. ‘and when did you start caring what God thinks about? Or who I’m moving on with?’

‘since when I was five.’ Salma stopped to look at her sister. ‘I’ve cared about what God would think every step of the way but I just couldn’t continue anymore because everything was going wrong.’ she ensured the pitch of her voice was low so that she wouldn’t wake the girls. ‘and I’ve cared about your relationships so much I never had a real one in my life.’

‘you shouldn’t talk like that Salma!’

‘I shouldn’t but I will…’ she put her hands to her mouth. ‘I’ve been holding this for so long it’s been killing me. I wanted the best for you and I wanted to give you that life you lost years ago. You don’t know what I’ve been through.’ She relaxed.

‘I’m sorry’

‘no, don’t be.’ Maria had a look of confusion on her face and asked. ‘have I ever been a good sister to you, Salma?’

‘why do you ask?’

‘do you feel like I burden you with my problems…, I mean I tend to make you take responsibility for things you shouldn’t.’

‘that’s ridiculous…’

‘I want you to be honest with me.’ Maria pleaded. There was something Salma was keeping from her. why was she doing all these. Being overly concerned, moving out and getting a different job, coming over to Chicago so that she could keep a good eye on her, leaving her fiancée that she’d been dating for three years, making sure she got everything she wanted without her asking twice about it. She loved it but she wasn’t going to be like a parasite zapping the life out of her sister and pretending she didn’t notice

‘you don’t burden me Maria. I just feel…I don’t know!’

‘you know and you have to tell me’

Salma held herself from crying. ‘how do you want me to feel Maria. How do you expect me to live life fully or get a good love life when you don’t have one. I mean after what you sacrificed for me, how can I be heartless and leave you in the hard times. I was selfish to have left in the first place. I kept travelling forgetting you needed someone, Amanda died and I didn’t even know till the accident. What if you had died Maria, I would never have forgiven myself because you don’t deserve the way life is treating you. father cheated you, Joe did worse and life left you empty but what did I repay you with, nothing! I wish I was the one that went through all those things you went through and not you.

I was the one who got jealous when Carlos fell for you in high school, and then Joe did and I didn’t even like him because I felt you should have picked Carlos because I had to let go so that you could be with your soul mate. I kept sacrificing for you but it seemed so void to you compared to what you did for me. And then Trevor loved you and I wondered why I kept falling for people who loved you.’

Maria sniffed. ‘trevor was just a friend.’

‘well, apparently he liked you compared to me and I hated falling for him because he hardly glanced my way.’

‘I never knew I was hurting you…’

‘you didn’t. I know. But you have what I don’t and it’s selfless love. You even tried to match make us initially when he came over for dinner but I tried to pretend I didn’t like him but I did so much it hurt. And now, I have nothing and no one, but I’m happy and I want you to be happy with the man of your dreams, with the man you believe God wants you to be with.’

‘and what if joe wasn’t meant to be this ‘man’

‘you two looked so happy together.’

‘that’s not strong enough.’ The tears were beginning to pool in her eyes. ‘please Salma, I don’t want us to talk about Joe for now, please.’

‘you still love him don’t you?’

Maria closed her eyes and went to embrace her sister pulling her close as the tears found way to her cheeks. ‘I’m scared Salma and I hate the fact that I fell for Joe after how he treated me, he didn’t even believe me in our first marriage. I love him so much it hurts but I’m too scared to take that risk. I want my kids to have a decent and selfless father, a father who would have time for them and love them, not doubt if the kids are his. I want a man who would love me and forgive me no matter what.’

‘I’ve wished for that kind of man all my life too, but I know Joe’s turning a new leaf. I look at him and I see someone who’s ready to give you his heart if you ask of it.’

‘I’m so sorry Salma. I love you so much.’

‘and I love you Maria. I love you and I want the best for you. forgive me for being jealous in the first place.’

For a while, they held unto each other and relished the fact that they could speak their minds and forgive each other.

After a moment passed, Maria spoke. ‘did I tell you I was initially jealous of Trevor falling for my amazing sister while I looked bloated with Manny and Maggie?’

Salma broke into laughter. ‘no way!’

‘but I’m over it, and I think he had eyes on you ever since the beginning.’

‘really?’

‘’I can remember him saying. ‘if your sister’s seeing someone as she insisted, is there any way I can change her mind?’

Salma’s eyes widened. ‘and when did he say this?’

‘the day he called for dinner and we had it in our place. it was just a little set up to get you two close and I bet it worked.’

‘you have no idea…, but what if I still insisted on Nick?’

‘I know you too well to go with a boring guy like Nick who talks more about his achievements and sports more than he cares less about how you feel.’

‘he respected the fact that I wanted to wait till my wedding night.’

‘but not for long.’Maria frowned and salma had to agree. ‘I told him I had to settle the scores I had with you. I wanted to keep what you lost.’

‘so…’ maria raised an eyebrow on full realization of why her sister was still a virgin. ‘it was more of a tribute than a precautionary step.’

‘sort of.’

‘do me a favor.’ Maria held her face to look into her sister’s eyes. ‘talk to God this night before going to bed, and tell him how you feel, spill it out and then tell him one spiritual thing you would love to have that you don’t.’

Salma nodded dumbly. If there was anything she wanted, it was how to love in the right way and the grace to do so.
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by weezii(m): 7:04pm On Jun 24, 2013
@glow u cant stop to thrill mua. Nice one! Bt am actually feeling for Joe ryt nw. I pity the guy

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jun 24, 2013
glowingscenes:

LMAO!!!!!titi dear!!!
i wish i could oo...lool...seriously...
dont worry, suspense no dey kill person
oya gba hug ko feel fine

thanks ma'am*huggin u back*
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by oyestephen(m): 8:53pm On Jun 24, 2013
Jealous salma will finally meet God...thanx for making her calm down...maria please naa give joe another chance, i'm on my knees....biko

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by taebtraeh(f): 8:53pm On Jun 24, 2013
Glow u r a blow in d globe....well done

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Smallwoman(f): 9:26pm On Jun 24, 2013
I want to say thank you for this beautiful story and for writing it in a christian manner. I stopped reading novels on nairaland for some times now because the writers always put in all the unnecessary details mostly sexual which i consider unedifying but your novel has entertained and refreshed me in a Godly manner. keep it up and pls don't delay the next post.

2 Likes

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by tonnieblaise(m): 11:51pm On Jun 24, 2013
Yeah...ah don wake up

Glow u da bomb.....keep on xploding

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by emsheddy(m): 7:56am On Jun 25, 2013
tonnieblaise: Yeah...ah don wake up

Glow u da bomb.....keep on xploding

bros u want another state of emergency for nairaland state? Babe abeg no bomb oh. Just glow. Dats all.

2 Likes

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Rukitop(f): 10:51am On Jun 25, 2013
Oh I love love! kiss can't help it but comment,this is a beautiful story @glow,keep glowing sweetheart cheesy. Lots of love kiss

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by nelxsantos(m): 11:23am On Jun 25, 2013
Glow... Me dy hail cos U r too much. More jor . . .
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Lysian: 12:10pm On Jun 25, 2013
Bless you Glow #hugs#

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by emsheddy(m): 1:44pm On Jun 25, 2013
Lysian: Bless you Glow #hugs#
Only u wan take all the hug abi. Abeg e don do jor. Reserve small for others

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Eneze1(f): 3:19pm On Jun 25, 2013
Glow u are always a Darling, keep it up dear

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jun 25, 2013
**subscribing**

1 Like

Re: A Story: Broken Vows by talk2b: 7:13pm On Jun 25, 2013
Madam glow pls am waitin o
Re: A Story: Broken Vows by yummypie: 7:24pm On Jun 25, 2013
Help me tell maria that she shld go 4 carlos cos me I want joe.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (25) (Reply)

SCHOOL LIFE / FEIRE - A Romance Story / TAMISHO - My Story. My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.