Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,702 members, 7,813,319 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:44 AM

Bingeing Caused Furious President Jonathan To Miss Speech Slot At AU Summit. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bingeing Caused Furious President Jonathan To Miss Speech Slot At AU Summit. (1634 Views)

Buhari Shares Table With Mugabe At AU Summit Dinner Last Night (photos) / Abati - Jonathan Didnt Miss Slot At AU 50th Anniversary / Jonathan Misses Speaking Slot At AU Gathering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bingeing Caused Furious President Jonathan To Miss Speech Slot At AU Summit. by Clerverly: 9:48pm On May 26, 2013
Several diplomats at the 50th anniversary summit of the OAU in Addis Ababa have confirmed to SaharaReporters that the Nigerian president was too irate and inebriated to go and address the meeting yesterday.

Saharareporters had revealed yesterday the Mr. Jonathan failed to show up when it was his turn to address a summit African heads of states who met in Addis Ababa starting midweek.

Several sources told SaharaReporters that Mr. Jonathan was so infuriated over the outcome of an election by the Nigerian Governors's Forum that he drank himself to a stupor.

"Mr. President made several calls to Governor Godswill Akpabio rebuking him for allowing the elections to take place even when it was clear that the president's candidate Governor Jonahn Jang was likely to lose", says one of our sources.

The account of what led Jonathan's failure to deliver his speech contradicted an explanation offered by President Jonathan's spokesman, Reuben Abati.

Mr. Abati contacted several media organizations yesterday to claim that President Jonathan was engaged with a small meeting on "West Africa Infrastructure" at the time that he was supposed to give the speech.

One of sources indicated that Mr. Jonathan indeed had a problem with Diarrhoea, adding that the ailment was a direct result of the president's excessive drinking to the wee hours the night before.

A Nigerian who was present in the hall also disclosed that Mr. Jonathan look unsteady when he eventually returned for a photo-op with other African leaders.

Mr. Jonathan is known to have an intestinal disorder referred to as 'Amoebic Colitis'. Last February he underwent testing at the London Clinic on Harley Street to check up on the disease.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/bingeing-caused-furious-president-jonathan-miss-speech-slot-au-summit-addis-ababa

Re: Bingeing Caused Furious President Jonathan To Miss Speech Slot At AU Summit. by Clerverly: 9:49pm On May 26, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. Na wah! why now gods!!! Why Nigeria! Why Ijaw Man!!! angry angry angry angry angry

n
Re: Bingeing Caused Furious President Jonathan To Miss Speech Slot At AU Summit. by dayokanu(m): 9:59pm On May 26, 2013
Drunk fisherman

2 Likes

Re: Bingeing Caused Furious President Jonathan To Miss Speech Slot At AU Summit. by superior1: 10:00pm On May 26, 2013
[size=13pt]You mean Ameachi-induced-excessive drinking resulted to Jedijedi and prevented our dear Jona from delivering his speech cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Kai!, Saharareporters no go kill person grin grin grin grin grin[/size]

1 Like

Re: Bingeing Caused Furious President Jonathan To Miss Speech Slot At AU Summit. by Omen100(m): 10:06pm On May 26, 2013
Wonders shall never end.
Re: Bingeing Caused Furious President Jonathan To Miss Speech Slot At AU Summit. by solomon111(m): 10:07pm On May 26, 2013
If you believe this nonsense,then you need to grow some brain cells.

3 Likes

Re: Bingeing Caused Furious President Jonathan To Miss Speech Slot At AU Summit. by homerac7: 10:15pm On May 26, 2013
una no go wound me with laugh here ... grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Bingeing Caused Furious President Jonathan To Miss Speech Slot At AU Summit. by solomon111(m): 10:18pm On May 26, 2013
Clerverly: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. Na wah! why now gods!!! Why Nigeria! Why Ijaw Man!!! angry angry angry angry angry

n
what do you mean by "why an ijaw man"?
Is he not a Nigerian?
Did obasanjo a yoruba man do better when he was in power?
If an ijaw man whose resources sustain the nation, does not deserves the presidency,then who does?
Re: Bingeing Caused Furious President Jonathan To Miss Speech Slot At AU Summit. by Abagworo(m): 10:29pm On May 26, 2013
solomon111: what do you mean by "why an ijaw man"?
Is he not a Nigerian?
Did obasanjo a yoruba man do better when he was in power?
If an ijaw man whose resources sustain the nation, does not deserves the presidency,then who does?

@bolded. That part is wrong in its entirety. Much of Nigeria's oil today is offshore and is on nobody's land but in the sea. The other oil is in the Niger Delta where Ijaw comprises one of the ethnic groups. Urhobo, Igbo, Ikwerre, Ekpeye, Etche, Kalabari, Oron, Yoruba, Itsekiri, Edo, Isoko, Ukwuani, Ibani, Ogba, Ndoni, Ogoni, Eleme, Okrika, Andoni and several other ethnic groups are in Nigeria's oil belt.

2ndly the oil belongs to Nigeria and not any of these ethnic groups.

10 Likes

Re: Bingeing Caused Furious President Jonathan To Miss Speech Slot At AU Summit. by Nobody: 10:31pm On May 26, 2013
grin kai! na wa o. but come to think of it, saharareporters help shaped our popular opinions during the yar'adua saga. some of y'all may not like their style but often times, there's always some element of truth in their stories.
if you are 18+ and you must drink alcohol, pls drink responsibly. haba!

5 Likes

Re: Bingeing Caused Furious President Jonathan To Miss Speech Slot At AU Summit. by Nobody: 10:32pm On May 26, 2013
This is junk journalism taken out of proportion.

1 Like

Re: Bingeing Caused Furious President Jonathan To Miss Speech Slot At AU Summit. by gogo2003: 10:33pm On May 26, 2013
sheer bullshit,this is not true

1 Like

Re: Bingeing Caused Furious President Jonathan To Miss Speech Slot At AU Summit. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:35pm On May 26, 2013
U knw, i dnt really like jonathan, but i hate cheap points! Sahara reporters are big id!ots!
Nothing less.

2 Likes

Re: Bingeing Caused Furious President Jonathan To Miss Speech Slot At AU Summit. by ballabriggs: 10:36pm On May 26, 2013
You say it is a lie, it sounds ridiculous innit? But these are the type of people ruling Nigeria, FACT! They are a shameless bunch of people. I pity Nigeria, it is a country being led by a drunk and the country moves just like a dunk man crossing third mainland bridge. Someone once told me say by 12 pm wey Jona go reach office those days for Bayelsa e go done high already. It is a fact, he is a chronic drinker.

Sahara reporters is trusted, once they give me gist I take it. It may not be entirely true, but it gives me an idea of what is possibly going on. They gave me Patience's gist, Yar'adua and Turai; and many more. Why I no go come believe them.

7 Likes

Re: Bingeing Caused Furious President Jonathan To Miss Speech Slot At AU Summit. by solomon111(m): 10:46pm On May 26, 2013
Abagworo:

@bolded. That part is wrong in its entirety. Much of Nigeria's oil today is offshore and is on nobody's land but in the sea. The other oil is in the Niger Delta where Ijaw comprises one of the ethnic groups. Urhobo, Igbo, Ikwerre, Ekpeye, Etche, Kalabari, Oron, Yoruba, Itsekiri, Edo, Isoko, Ukwuani, Ibani, Ogba, Ndoni, Ogoni, Eleme, Okrika, Andoni and several other ethnic groups are in Nigeria's oil belt.

2ndly the oil belongs to Nigeria and not any of these ethnic groups.
it's laughable to say that the oil does not belong to the niger-delta.
Yes it currently belong to Nigeria according to the constitution,but the day Nigeria splits the Niger-delta goes with their oil.
That's why they are being paid 13% derivation.
The oil belongs to them whether you like it or not.
Btw,the so-called offshore oil is in the niger-delta.
Those bodies of water containing those oil-reserves share very close proximity to the niger-delta.
They've belonged to the niger-deltans for generations and is/was a major source of revenue.
So any attempt to 'steal' natural resources through the on-shore/off-shore conundrum is just self-deceit.
It won't work.
And yes,the ijaw people are part of the niger-delta,they deserve the presidency more than most ethnic groups.

2 Likes

Re: Bingeing Caused Furious President Jonathan To Miss Speech Slot At AU Summit. by solomon111(m): 10:50pm On May 26, 2013
ballabriggs: You say it is a lie, it sounds ridiculous innit? But these are the type of people ruling Nigeria, FACT! They are a shameless bunch of people. I pity Nigeria, it is a country being led by a drunk and the country moves just like a dunk man crossing third mainland bridge. Someone once told me say by 12 pm wey Jona go reach office those days for Bayelsa e go done high already. It is a fact, he is a chronic drinker.

Sahara reporters is trusted, once they give me gist I take it. It may not be entirely true, but it gives me an idea of what is possibly going on. They gave me Patience's gist, Yar'adua and Turai; and many more. Why I no go come believe them.
If sahara reporters is where you get your 'credible and trusted' news from,then you must be an avid consumer of propaganda and concentrated BS.

2 Likes

Re: Bingeing Caused Furious President Jonathan To Miss Speech Slot At AU Summit. by Chanchit: 10:55pm On May 26, 2013
Na wha for this GEJ sef, very soon e go dey bet wet. What a president.

2 Likes

Re: Bingeing Caused Furious President Jonathan To Miss Speech Slot At AU Summit. by Maxymilliano(m): 11:08pm On May 26, 2013
Several DIPLOMATS confirmed to Sahara Reporters

Haba, you guys should spare us the cock and bull story.

1 Like

Re: Bingeing Caused Furious President Jonathan To Miss Speech Slot At AU Summit. by ballabriggs: 11:17pm On May 26, 2013
solomon111: If sahara reporters is where you get your 'credible and trusted' news from,then you must be an avid consumer of propaganda and concentrated BS.

I will rather take what Sahara Reporters gives me than eat from the lies from Maku, Okupe and Abati where you feed daily. Which is more vile and disgusting?

Maku is a failed cattle rarer turned rent seeker. Okupe a fraudster, duped many people including Baba Iyabo who beat him up. Abati a product of a homo relationship according to Fani Kayode. Keep eating your skunk, we don't want.

6 Likes

Re: Bingeing Caused Furious President Jonathan To Miss Speech Slot At AU Summit. by skyfall: 11:18pm On May 26, 2013
I'm not in the least surprised. We do not have a president, just a confused drunk who uses his brief sober periods to plot towards 2015 and how to defeat his phantom enemies such as Amaechi. Nigeria is in deep poo.

1 Like

Re: Bingeing Caused Furious President Jonathan To Miss Speech Slot At AU Summit. by solomon111(m): 11:24pm On May 26, 2013
ballabriggs:

I will rather take what Sahara Reporters gives me than eat from the lies Maku, Okupe and Abati where you feed daily. Which is more vile and disgusting?

Maku is a failed cattle rarer turned rent seeker. Okupe a fraudster, duped many people including Baba Iyabo who beat him up. Abati a product of a homo relationship according to Fani Kayode. Keep eating your skunk, we don't want.
Ride on bro,nothing do you.
Hehehe.

2 Likes

Re: Bingeing Caused Furious President Jonathan To Miss Speech Slot At AU Summit. by omaigala(m): 11:34pm On May 26, 2013
Kai! This is a real lie.

1. Why will he drink to stupor because of Amaechi's minute victory?

2. Why will he drink knowing how sensitive the AU meeting was?

Well I might be wrong though, but the above story doesn't seem to add up.
Re: Bingeing Caused Furious President Jonathan To Miss Speech Slot At AU Summit. by Symphony007: 11:39pm On May 26, 2013
Since this whole debacle started, i've been a firm ameachi supporter, my post's prove that but i don't belive this "report". It flat out rubbish. It makes no sense whatsoever!

P/s: jonathan is still silly for fighting ameachi.
Re: Bingeing Caused Furious President Jonathan To Miss Speech Slot At AU Summit. by solomon111(m): 11:42pm On May 26, 2013
omaigala: Kai! This is a real lie.

Thank you very much.
Re: Bingeing Caused Furious President Jonathan To Miss Speech Slot At AU Summit. by gramci: 11:49pm On May 26, 2013
Shameless sahara reporters, like fani kayode like sahara reporters

1 Like

Re: Bingeing Caused Furious President Jonathan To Miss Speech Slot At AU Summit. by talktimi(m): 12:00am On May 27, 2013
...One of sources indicated that Mr. Jonathan indeed had a problem with Diarrhoea, adding that the ailment was a direct result of the president's excessive drinking to the wee hours the night before.

This part of the story made me doubt SH as usual, let's assume our "drunken fisherman" drank the night before his speech which took place in the (afternoon ?) Would he still be drunk by that time ? There are simple over the counter drugs that any physician could easily prescribe for diarhea and even a hang over which would have gotten a seasoned alcoholic like our presido ready for the day. I take this as another bulls#it story from saharareporters that is clearly designed to reduce the respect the populace has for their president. The press is a very good propaganda tool and that is why autocratic govts the world over even Nigeria's former military dictatorships tried to curb press freedom hence we had only NTA/FRCN for decades in Nigeria, e ven the great Chief Awolowo & Herbert Macauley knew the efficacy of the press to sway the minds of Nigerians in their independence struggles for this country talkless of a seedy NY based blogsite looking to make a killing off disgruntled naija politicians looking to drag down their opponents.
SMH... Several diplomats confirmed to SH of all news agencies in the world ? Chei, nothing man pikin no go hear. Several sources were in the same room when uncle Jona was shouting on Akpabio ? Haba SH, this news is for small children or naija home video addicts na
Re: Bingeing Caused Furious President Jonathan To Miss Speech Slot At AU Summit. by talktimi(m): 12:10am On May 27, 2013
Symphony007: Since this whole debacle started, i've been a firm ameachi supporter, my post's prove that but i don't belive this "report". It flat out rubbish. It makes no sense whatsoever!

P/s: jonathan is still silly for fighting ameachi.
someone once made a joke about politicians popping champagne while their supporters fought over them. Amaechi vs Odili is a very good example, what I'm trying to say is I don't trust politicians and in fact I see this GEJ vs Amaechi thing as a "strategic quarrel". I might be naïve but experience has taught me to take some obvious looking actions with a pinch of salt.
Re: Bingeing Caused Furious President Jonathan To Miss Speech Slot At AU Summit. by Nobody: 1:17am On May 27, 2013
When a media house named itself "sahara" what can 1 expect if not junk journalism, they aint real journalists cos they are as dry as sahara desert hence their concocted stories.

I viewed an embarassing youtube interview of senator khallifa zanna from borno by dat saharadesert guy. It was so glaring that the dude is not fit to be called a reporter, he agreed with d senators answers and responded with waoh..waoh...waoh..you mean..you mean e.t.c

Sowore needs a lecture from channels tv reporters.

1 Like

Re: Bingeing Caused Furious President Jonathan To Miss Speech Slot At AU Summit. by lacasa: 1:20am On May 27, 2013
No minority group should ever run for presidency again angry
Re: Bingeing Caused Furious President Jonathan To Miss Speech Slot At AU Summit. by fkaz(m): 2:33am On May 27, 2013
omaigala: Kai! This is a real lie.

1. Because he hate amaechi and he never expect the outcome of the governors forum election result to be in favour of amaechi.
And that is how enemies get confused when you won a battle with GOD by your side.

2. If his speech at the AU meeting is so sensitive and he is not drunk. he won't have had sideline meeting on west africa infrastructure development according to abati when it was time for him to give his own speech.(although abati failed to name any west africa president he was discussing with).

Well, my thought might be wrong, but sahararepporter news is not far from the truth.

1 Like

Re: Bingeing Caused Furious President Jonathan To Miss Speech Slot At AU Summit. by idupaul: 5:15am On May 27, 2013
The Joke here is on Sahara Reporters !!!! They can do better than this na

1 Like

Re: Bingeing Caused Furious President Jonathan To Miss Speech Slot At AU Summit. by fratochi: 5:32am On May 27, 2013
....Heavenly father!...when will this generation of nigerians stop insulting and disrespecting their leaders!..when will they pause, meditate and PRAY for their leaders!..all we do is sit in the confines of our homes, point accusing fingers, rant and criticize rather destructively. When will this generation of nigerians cease from undue lamentation(s) and ask some soul searching questions like...if I am jonathan how best will I handle these burning national problems under a space of 24 months: like power, international relations, economic growth, education, science and technology, rural infrastructure, road construction, boko haram and other security problems, press freedom, democracy its entirety with special reference to a country like nigerian. I am convinced that if we can effectively find answers to these questions and place them on threads like this in nairaland and other social sphere this country will be great again. I am also convinced that by the time you are done with the soul search, you will find out (that is if you can throw away politics and ethnic/tribal/religious sentiments) that president Jonathan has out-performed all his predecessors under two years, you will also find out that all he needs is our prayers and encouragement to do better in the remaining years of his tenure, he is not the problem of nigeria, he has never been the problem and he will not be the problem. If we all can pray more for our leaders rather than insult and destructively criticize it will be well with us. God bless us all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

House Of Reps Votes For LG Autonomy, Rejects Immunity For President And Govs, / Nigerian Senate Approves New Punishment For Rapists (A Must See) / Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) Is Very Biased And Partisan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.