Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,983 members, 7,814,348 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> (644959 Views)

Bloodshot -a Short Romance Story / A Christmas Miracle - New Romance Story About Christmas / Romance Story- The Neigbours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Bolt2011(m): 8:43pm On Jun 12, 2013
Well done Repo. I dey follow-follow grin

I also represent the Ijesha lineage though I'm not from Ilesha.

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by princesa(f): 12:23am On Jun 13, 2013
nice as usualsmiley

Brenda don click another bad role, dat girl no dey rest grin
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by glowingscenes(f): 12:41am On Jun 13, 2013
hahahah@brenda!! they love you gan ooo on nairaland...hehe..only u?!! grin grin
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by mabebe1(f): 7:48am On Jun 13, 2013
Y did she nt confront d P.A Well d truth mst always cum out
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 8:01am On Jun 13, 2013
mabebe1: Y did she nt confront d P.A Well d truth mst always cum out

smiley, She has to be smart how she proceeds, remember the P.A said it was the receptionist who'd told her, so that's who she's to confront first, but don't worry nao, u know Kite is no fool.

@bolt, Ijesha representing, welcome smiley

@luvmijeje, thanks for the high praise cheesy, am humbled, as for the updating, apart from being slightly busy sometimes, lemme confess that the story needed some really deep thinking on its direction. I finally found how to steer it sha, so hopefully updates might flOw better if NEPA no misbehave.

Guys, do expect a new chapter this evening, will not be complete but I'll post something.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by lexonah(m): 8:05am On Jun 13, 2013
now this another side of repogal am seeing.....damnnnnn naija is blessd...i thought achibe would be missed...how my thought was wrong...with the likes u and the literal moguls displaying raw talents on this forum...nigeria and the world should be in on for an explosion.....dis is great....thank u repo..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 8:36am On Jun 13, 2013
@ Lex, wow wow, THANK YOU, for such praise. Wow, some comments make you want to work harder and dare not disappoint, this is one.
Thank you very much, I just do what I do and leave the rest for God. Thanks. smiley
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Nobody: 8:45am On Jun 13, 2013
Im sooo angry right now angry
So this story is here on NL and Meeeeee like this meeee did not know? Chei! I aff vex embarassed
No wonder you deserted the blog cry and thats where ive been reading from. .
Infact lemme finish reading im coming to cry tongue
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 9:11am On Jun 13, 2013
Chai!! Br3d4 don vex o, every body run for cover. grin
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 13, 2013
Every story I read on NL mst feature Br3nd4..na wa oo
......Babe make I feauture u too na
Repogirl dey tear shirt yagayaga for Nairaland.....bcuz of ur story my "Sandra Brown" don dey pending sinc morning
....More vaseline to ur elbow oooooo
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Nobody: 9:44am On Jun 13, 2013
Lwkm. . . grin grin

Vicki jealousy tongue

Repogal i throwey salute for you jare. . You too much *salutes* wink

And me I can act film oo grin grin
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by switgoody(f): 10:23am On Jun 13, 2013
It your time brenda enjoy it jare.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 11:00am On Jun 13, 2013
Vickii Ro: Every story I read on NL mst feature Br3nd4..na wa oo
......Babe make I feauture u too na
Repogirl dey tear shirt yagayaga for Nairaland.....bcuz of ur story my "Sandra Brown" don dey pending sinc morning
....More vaseline to ur elbow oooooo

grin, thaink you, thaink you.

@ Brenda, u go win grammy next year, no worry.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by cutiepie25(f): 11:21am On Jun 13, 2013
I wonder wat kite will do to dat receptionist and dat stupid P.A. More updates o.i dey beg u o.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by chinedumo(m): 10:14pm On Jun 13, 2013
In my opinion, ise is a fool.

But that is a story for another day.

Repo has come to discover the 'tilled and prepared' farmland of nairaland as opposed to the 'bushyness' of a new blog.

Way to go repo

1 Like

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 10:38pm On Jun 13, 2013
@ chinedumo, could you elaborate on the fool thingy?

And I'm so sorry guys, I couldn't complete the story...so sorry.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by chinedumo(m): 11:17pm On Jun 13, 2013
I am not saying that your story is senseless. No.

Your art portrays life.

I use to have the kind of minset Ise has. Many men have it.

I know better today.

I am just talking about myself. By the grace of God, if i were Ise, i wont do what he is doing.

1 Like

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Ariyke: 12:28am On Jun 14, 2013
cryRepo where is our promised update
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Ariyke: 12:35am On Jun 14, 2013
princesa: nice as usualsmiley

Brenda don click another bad role, dat girl no dey rest grin
Are u on no update strike?cry
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 6:42am On Jun 14, 2013
Ariyke: cryRepo where is our promised update
Am sorry, update isn't ready, but today it will (hopefully). *fingers crossed*

@ Chinedumo, Ise isn't really doing anything yet. He likes d girl but he just found out she went back to her exboyfriend, he's jealous but that's normal. He's not done anything to warrant him being foolish yet- I think.

Maybe u're jumping to conclusions too fast?
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by chinedumo(m): 7:21am On Jun 14, 2013
Ise has already done alot.

I am not trying to ridicule you.

Your two stories portray your understanding of the male psyche.

If i say it you will alter your entire story line to make me look stupid.

i will give a hint.

>>what makes a man fall in love<<

number two.

So far so good you actually think Ise is acting like a well brought up child.

'calls his mum when he leaves state'

'gainfully employed and stinking rich'

'courtesy to women'
etc.

Something is missing.

1 Like

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 8:12am On Jun 14, 2013
@ chinedumo, okay, I think I kinda get at what u're hinting but am not sure. keep in mind that he's not exactly in love yet.

He's getting attracted, maybe its her beauty, maybe her personality, or even maybe because he's not been with a female in a while, who knows what makes a person get attracted? They just do.

What makes a man fall in love? In time, you should see what will really make Ise fall in love.

Anyway I know you love debates and I appreciate your deep insight, I don't see it as ridicle but instead a nudging to write even better. I want a story that's as realistic as possible (with some fantasy sha) that people can relate with and enjoy and your pointers will help greatly.

So at the risk of changing my entire storyline please let me know in black and white- infact I'll send you a PM and you better reply me o, or I'll continue disturbing you with P.Ms - what I might be doing not too correctly now.

Okay, as for number two, what's missing, like he needs to have an ugly side? He's too perfect? Pls lemme know, it will help greatly.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by dandollaz: 10:05am On Jun 14, 2013
Repo u don dey doll me pop.oya come update sharpaly
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 10:20am On Jun 14, 2013
dandollaz: Repo u don dey doll me pop.oya come update sharpaly

Na wa o, be like sey you put jazz for mouth dis one wey u dey talk with plenty confidence.

You guys want me to come update just like that? But you have to understand that I have to think well to write and make it interesting. E nor easy o.

If I do rush rush, una nor go enjoy am so abeg lemme take some time. Sory for the wait but its in order to get good value.

Anyway, I'll be updating soon, am not done with the chapter, just a little part but since una wan skin me alive, may I just drop am for now.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Veevien(f): 11:08am On Jun 14, 2013
Biko drop it like that, we go manage am.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Nobody: 11:22am On Jun 14, 2013
It wont be good if u drop anything below d standard we av know u with. So madame take ur time 2 plan ur plot well.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 11:52am On Jun 14, 2013
Some like it hot, some like it cold.....
@ Damex, I'm gonna drop it as it is, its just the intro, the main action is for later.

@vivien, coming sOon.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by MumZ(f): 12:08pm On Jun 14, 2013
I tink u shld take ur time n plot ur story 2 ur satisfactn. Immediately afta readn d short version pple ll stil presurize u 2 update. Sme ll stil complain its 2 short. We av 2 undastand dat d story as nt already been writn, bt a work in progress, coupld wit ur personal life, I tink u writers r doin a great service. So mke it 2 ur satisfactn b4 updatn, den it ll b worth d wait. Readers, patience abeg.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 12:17pm On Jun 14, 2013
@ Mum Z, thanks, you do understand how it is.

Guys, so patience please but I'll still drop the short update I have for now, like I said earlier, nothing much there, its the 'B' part that's got the action.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 12:27pm On Jun 14, 2013

Princess couldn’t believe the turn of events. She’d been listening in on the conversation between Ise and that trashy girl enjoying it immensely until the part he’d said she’d begin working under her. Princess had thought she would go into an apoplectic shock. She didn’t want an assistant, it woudn’t be bad to have help because it would reduce the workload on her desk but she didn’t want someone else sharing her office, moreso one whom the boss seemed to have the hots for.

She’d heard them over the intercom. He knew about her boyfriend and he’d said something about her having issues at the moment. She wondered how well they knew each other. The girl was seriously getting to him, it had been in the angry way he’d addressed her, she could tell he haboured some feelings for her from the way his voice had shook with annoyance.

This had gone so wrong, Princess wanted the boss all to herself, if she couldn’t have him, no other woman would, not while she worked there and she would make damn sure of that.

She knew she had to do something to come between the two, she’d done it before and it had worked out well without anyone being the wiser. She would definitely do it again, Ise couldn’t be allowed to fall for the low life tramp.
Parking her car into the parking space allotted her, she felt renewed and with a purpose.

Kite wasn’t really in the mood for work the next morning, the dressing down Ise had given her the day before had brought her really low. She’d told the girls about it last night although she’d omitted the part where she’d spent the time out with Izu, it wasn’t time for them to know about them getting together yet but for the life of her she still couldn’t come up with a reason why Tessy would do what she did, she’d gotten along well with her since she’d resumed work there. All the thinking she’d done at night hadn’t allowed her sleep peacefully.

Lucky had practically dragged her out of bed that morning, she’d just wanted to hand in her resignation letter, she didn’t think she’d survive under a day under that P.A who didn’t hide her contempt for her but Lucky had advised her otherwise. She’d told her not to quit until she was shown the door. Besides wasn’t she Kite? Lucky knew she was tough as nails and could be crafty too when she wanted to be but Kite had wanted to drop that side of her for this job. The job meant so much to her and she’d gone in with the mindset that she would impress everyone with her abiities. She’d wanted to be civilised and act cool for the first time in her life but it seemed that wouldn’t work at all. These people seemed to want to get dirty, she would just have to get messy with them too.

She’d felt a bit better after coming to that realisation, if the useless P.A wanted a war, then she was going to go there. Kite wondered what was even doing the chick sef? Was she still annoyed because of the incident that happened that other time? She would have apologised but she had a feeling it wouldn’t be accepted. The girl had deeper issues with her and Kite would get to the root of it.

Glancing at her wrist watch she saw the time was already eight a.m. “ Damn.” She muttered under her breath. She was late already, Ise ‘mean boss’ Williams had instructed she get there not later than eight. She was almost there anyway, latest she was sure she would get there was at eight- ten a.m if the damn cab she was in would move.

In her hurry, she’d gotten into the worst of all cabs, it was a five person cab that stopped to pick and drop people. Worst of all, the piece of junk was practically crawling along the road and was smoking everywhere, inside most especially. Was it even healthy inhaling smoke like this? she would sure smell of smoke when she got into the office.

She was in the front passenger seat and had kept her face averted and looking out the open window onto the road.

“Oga, why this your car dey smoke like this na?” One of the guys in the back seat asked mirroring her exact thoughts.

The driver didn’t reply, what was he supposed to say anyway? But the passenger wasn’t finished, this time he muttered to himself “Person go just dey smell like mechanic.”

Kite just wanted to get to the office as soon as she could, she didn’t want another dressing down like the one of yesterday from Mr Boss man, Mean guy, Arrogant Idiot, she’d been calling him names anytime she remembered the events of the day before. She still shuddered at the look he’d given her but somehow, it was good it had happened, she’d seen him for what he really was to her. Her boss and that was how it would be from now on. She would no longer be sharing personal information with him, come to think of it, he knew so much about her and she knew nothing about him other than the general things which people knew when s he’d read his profile on Wikipedia and then of course, she also knew where he lived.

The guy was way out of her league, how had she started becoming really comfortable with him? Anyway, yesterday he’d reminded her he was the boss and could fire her at anytimeso she wasn’t to get too cozy with him.

She couldn’t help the hiss that left her mouth. The driver glanced at her frowning and she was tempted to tell him she wasn’t hissing at him but even this his cab was pissing her off as it was getting her late.
Her phone rang and she brought it out. It was her missing love now returned.

“Hi Izu.” She said unable to hold down the smile.

“Hi love, how you doing this morning? You feeling better?” He asked. She’d gisted him about all that had gone down the day before.

“I’m good now, I picked up what was left of my pride and decided to give it a go again.”

“That’s the fighter I love.” He told her “You still on the road? There’s so much noise.”

She rolled her eyes, the smoky cab had a broken exhaust or something and was causing so much noise.

“Yeah, but I’m almost there.”

“Okay dear, just wanted to check up on you. Can you do dinner after work? I’ll pick you up.”

“Ummm…I’m not sure when I’ll be done.”

“Anytime you’re done.”

“Okay..Let me get back to you on that?”

“Alright, but no excuses, we’ve been apart for so long and I really missed you.”

She smiled “I know. I really have to go now, I’m at my stop.”

“Alright dear, laters.” He hung up.

She put the phone back in her bag and rummaged through her purse for the cab fare. “Driver, stop there abeg.” She pointed.

He parked, she paid and got out. Glad to be out of that smoking furnace, First thing she would do when she got to the office was to run into the bathroom and check if she smelt of smoke.

She was walking through the parking lot when Awe called her, she turned to see her coming out of a cool black KIA elantra.

“Hey.” Kite called back to her smiing and walking over.

“I didn’t see you yesterday but I heard you’ve been transferred to the Boss’s office? Assistant P.A, that’s really awesome.”

“Yeah.” Kite pasted a fake smile on her face, if only she knew. “Is that your ride?”

“Yes o, just got it a few months back, had to take a loan but its worth it. You don’t have a car?”

“Not yet.” Kite replied.

Awe opened her eyes like it was an abomination. “That’s got to be stressful, where do you stay?”

Kite hesitated not sure how to say it “Ummm…Jikwoyi.”

“Wheres that?” Awe frowned.

“Ummm, after Karu.”

“Oh, all those areas outside town.” She said.

Those areas were actually in Nasarawa state but they liked to caim the FCT.

“Anyway, how are you fitting in?”
They were walking toward the building now. Kite shrugged “I’m okay but some people here are really mean, imagine Tessy telling Mr. Williams that I spent three hours at lunch break yesterday?”

“What?” Awe shrieked stopping in her tracks.

“Yes, I was shocked too.”

“No,” Awe shook her head “Tessy wouldn’t do that, come we’ll ask what really happened.”
Awe said hurrying her foot steps as they went into the lobby. Tessy was behind her desk as usual.

“Tessy goodmorning.” Awe told her and then went straight to the point without waiting for Kite “Is it true you told Willie Kite here spent three hours outside yesterday?”

Tessy paused, her eyes going from Awe to Kite and back. She frowned “No, of course not, why would I do that? When Princess asked me how long you’d been away, I told her fifteen minutes.”

Kite raised a brow and locked eyes with Awe, she wasn’t at all surprised. Just then the subject of their discussion walked past them on the phone, she was also just resuming. She went to the elevators without so much as a glance at them.

Kite turned back to Tessy “Thanks, maybe there was a mix up somewhere then.” Awe took her hand and led her to a corner, a frown on her face.

“Whats with you and the PA? She was the one who obviously told Williams that lie.”
Kite wasn’t sure also, was all this really because of what had happened that other day? Was Princess still smarting from that? She seriously needed to get over it.

“Awe, I cant talk now, I have to sign in but we’ll talk later.” Kite told her.

“Okay, but be careful, that Chick doesn’t play fair at all, especially since you are working so close to her now.”

Kite nodded, she already knew all this but did Princess want to really get this dirty? If she did, then ‘GAME ON!’

Ise had just about fifteen minutes till his first meeting that morning but he was stuck in traffic and seriously hoping he wouldn’t be late. He would have left earlier but his mother had insisted on breakfast and he’d given in, he had a weakness for food and she knew it. She’d used the time to tell him how she’d spent the past week, as usual she’d met with a few of her friends and their daughters. There was one in particular whom she really liked, she was a surgeon or something, Victoria and she would be coming in to dinner on Sunday. The woman wouldn’t just give up. To her, he’d seemed to be listening silently as she’d outlined Vicki’s achievements and attributes when he’d infact been enjoying the taste of the spicy chicken broth and soft buttery buns he’d been eating.

The woman and her conniving, when would she finally realise he would never be interested in any girl she pushed toward him? He liked to find his own girls although so far that hadn’t worked out too well. Isabel, whom he’d already planned his future around hadn’t worked out and now Kite whom he’d been getting too attracted to so fast had put a damper on his feelings by going back to her ex. When he’d heard it from her yesterday, he’d suddenly become consumed by a feeling he’d later realised had been serious jealousy and anger. Anger at her stupidity but he didn’t want to think about it now.

Maybe Kenny had been right, she was so far down his ladder and could never fit into his lifestyle. During their flight out to TelAviv, Kenny had adviced him to leave the girl alone, he had an image to uphold and it didn’t include being seen with a girl like her. He could have his pick of any society girl from one of the wealthy families in the country, why go for a random girl like her whose background he knew nothing about and could very well be a gold digger?

It was probably better for him this way as she’d gotten back with her ex, better for both of them, he thought even though those feelings he’d had for her were still very present in his heart. He would have to fight them, maybe a distraction would help?

He could give Fiola a call, he was sure she’d calmed down enough by now, maybe she might agree to lunch with him one of these days. He wouldn’t be surprised if she hadn’t gotten over it yet though, what Kite did to her that day hadn’t been funny. Aside from hurting her it had been quite humiliating. The girl was so ghetto sometimes he wondered if there was really any hope for her.

His attitude toward her the day before aside from being fuelled a little by Jealousy had also been because he’d been angry at the nonchalance she’d shown by leaving for three damn hours to spend time with her boyfriend. He’d been really angry, here was a girl he cared about and was helping but still acted like she didn’t give a damn about anything. Like there would be no consequences to her actions. She’d been wrong, if she wanted to keep her job, she would have to earn her place in the company or he would fire her, feelings or none!

Then there was the lying, had it been so ingrained in her that she couldn’t help but result to lies instead of just coming out clean? Was he going to regret giving her this job? He seriously hoped not.

Finally, the traffic seemed to have cleared up a bit, he just might make it after all. “Sal please step on it, I have to be at the office in ten.”

“Yes Sir.” The ever faithful Sal replied.

5 Likes

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by chinedumo(m): 12:37pm On Jun 14, 2013
Ise is not in love?

Hmmm
repo dont treat me like this now.

i didnt say that you didnt write this story well.

I said

that if i was ise, i wont act like him.

but i said that many men act like ise.

Therefore your art is reality.

I am only talking about your perception of men.

I an not saying that ise is too perfect.
No.

Rather that his perfection in your perspective is imperfect in mine.

I am not keen in altering your story line.
it should continue.

There is a story for another day.

You sound like a nice lady.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by nelxsantos(m): 1:11pm On Jun 14, 2013
@repo dis ISE get class(swag), i jus luv policy nd his jus my kind 'f guy. lolll dis day cud b "a nuaghty lady" for kite nd princess. positionin ma seat wella for d GAME ON !. nd no waste ma time woman abi lady hope she no read dis one lolllllllll

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (86) (Reply)

My Complicated Love Story With My School Mum / WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo / My Husband.........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.