Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,611 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only (7883 Views)

Agnostics, Atheists, Humanists, Sceptics Let's Now Form Our Organisation / .:: Christ Embassy Chatbox ::. For BLW Members ONLY / End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:16pm On Oct 15, 2013
This thread is for the panel members who are going to decide on the organisation of this year's end of year awards for the religion section.

Please we ask that you respect our work here and don't comment if you are not a member. There is a thread where general discussions and comments and suggestions concerning this event is taking place. Here: https://www.nairaland.com/1476542/religion-section-awards-night-sticky
Please use that thread instead.

We kindly request the mods to help us keep this place clean so that this year's event will be success.

Thank you all.

For clarity, the panel members are:

1) Alfa
2) Troll
3) Ishilove
4) macof
5) Paganja
6) ATMC
7) Divepen

3 Likes

Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by Ishilove: 1:30pm On Oct 15, 2013
So let's get the show on the road
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:38pm On Oct 15, 2013
What we need to decide are in my opinion,

1 - How long we have before presenting our decision to the forum
2 - What award(s) is to be given this year?
3 - How to nominate
4 - Who has a right to nominate
5 - When to nominate. ie Time limit, etc
6 - How to vote
7 - Who has a right to vote
8 - When to vote. ie Time limit, etc
9 - Rules and what if anything, the winner(s) get.
10- Other matters arising.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:46pm On Oct 15, 2013
I want to make a proposition for a rule that will guide us here.
That whatever we decide becomes binding after it has been voted upon and gathers a majority of four votes. That whatever is set for vote will require a seconding and then 24 hours for everybody to vote on it.
What do you think?
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 15, 2013
Yes...i agree with that a
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by macof(m): 2:21pm On Oct 15, 2013
2. Best poster
Best thread
Best Christian poster
best pagan poster
Best atheist poster
you guys should add more, this is all I got

4. 3 nominees- must be active on NL and have a post on the religion section not more than 3days ago.

Must have at least 3 topics on the religion section
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:26pm On Oct 15, 2013
macof: 2. Best poster
Best thread
Best Christian poster
best pagan poster
Best atheist poster
you guys should add more, this is all I got

4. 3 nominees- must be active on NL and have a post on the religion section not more than 3days ago.

Must have at least 3 topics on the religion section

Thanks. But can we take things chronologically please?

Why don't we decide on item one first which will guide us for the rest?
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by macof(m): 4:09pm On Oct 15, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Thanks. But can we take things chronologically please?

Why don't we decide on item one first which will guide us for the rest?
1. we would definitely be done by the end of the week
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 4:23pm On Oct 15, 2013
macof: 1. we would definitely be done by the end of the week

At this rate of participation? I doubt it very much.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by macof(m): 4:39pm On Oct 15, 2013
5. Nominations start 31st October.
Limit: 24hrs, ends 12:00am 1st November
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by macof(m): 4:39pm On Oct 15, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

At this rate of participation? I doubt it very much.
that's why I deliberately skipped that part initially
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 15, 2013
For agenda one...i will suggest the end of this month
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 4:59pm On Oct 15, 2013
Divepen: For agenda one...i will suggest the end of this month

I second this.

It's up for vote now.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by MrTroll(m): 5:16pm On Oct 15, 2013
I support this. end of the month for number 1.

P.S: lets take it chronologically pls. one item after another...
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by ATMC(f): 5:23pm On Oct 15, 2013
...on or before the end of the month is okay...may i take permission i'll be away for few hours now coz ayam somewhere now...do bear with mesmiley
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by MrTroll(m): 5:36pm On Oct 15, 2013
Number 1 is settled then: On or before 31st 0f October

unto Number 2: what awards are to be given...
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 15, 2013
So as not to get confused; I will suggest we number them :
for example if i bring 4 suggestions i will number it to four then the next person will take his number from there i.e 5,6,7 e.t.c
so that when we want to vote we can start numerically..
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 5:48pm On Oct 15, 2013
Divepen: So as not to get confused; I will suggest we number them for example if i bring 4 suggestions i will number it to four then the next person will take his number from them so that when we want to vote we can start numerically..

good
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by Ishilove: 6:08pm On Oct 15, 2013
Divepen: So as not to get confused; I will suggest we number them :
for example if i bring 4 suggestions i will number it to four then the next person will take his number from there i.e 5,6,7 e.t.c
so that when we want to vote we can start numerically..
You are confusing Ishilove with all these numbers... undecided
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by ATMC(f): 2:37am On Oct 16, 2013
Ishilove:
You are confusing Ishilove with all these numbers... undecided
no, ishi therez nothing confusing about his post...he simplified it sorta. like if he brings on five categories then another who brings on another category will number his or hers from six so when yhu want to cast ur vote yhu can say i vote number 8,4 etc. yhu grab?
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by ATMC(f): 2:51am On Oct 16, 2013
THE AWARDS:
1. best poster of the year (general)
2. most prolific poster
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by ATMC(f): 3:45am On Oct 16, 2013
3. most rational poster
4. most respectful poster
5. most intriguing thread
6. most hilarious thread
7. most influential thread
8. weirdest poster
9. most outspoken poster
10. most humourous post
11. most humourous poster
12. most esoteric thread
13. most affable poster
14. most outlandish post
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by ATMC(f): 3:49am On Oct 16, 2013
i suggest we do not take into account threads and posts dt come after now as most posters in the bid to covet any of these awards may front the desired attributes.

1 Like

Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by macof(m): 3:54am On Oct 16, 2013
ATMC: i suggest we do not take into account threads and posts dt come after now as most posters in the bid to covet any of these awards may front the desired attributes.
do you really think dats a good idea? The awards voting won't be done until maybe December
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by ATMC(f): 4:26am On Oct 16, 2013
macof: do you really think dats a good idea? The awards voting won't be done until maybe December
its a good idea dts y i posted it, buh others might have something to add. is it goodmorning where yhu are?
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by Nobody: 4:34am On Oct 16, 2013
Good Morning,I will say we shoud not allow peopl's topic after dz month
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by Ishilove: 5:34am On Oct 16, 2013
ATMC: no, ishi therez nothing confusing about his post...he simplified it sorta. like if he brings on five categories then another who brings on another category will number his or hers from six so when yhu want to cast ur vote yhu can say i vote number 8,4 etc. yhu grab?
I grab. But I still hate figures!! angry
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by Nobody: 7:08am On Oct 16, 2013
According to macof

15Best thread
16Best Christian poster
17best pagan poster
18Best atheist poster

To me
21. Best poster -female
22.Best poster-Female

please we are slow...
I will suggest we all meet here 10.00a.m and 8.00pm to help do this on time
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by macof(m): 8:04am On Oct 16, 2013
ATMC: its a good idea dts y i posted it, buh others might have something to add. is it goodmorning where yhu are?
Ok since I see someone else agrees, I have no more objection
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:08am On Oct 16, 2013
We now have 22 award suggestions. Great.

I don't think we should give too many awards so that the process will have meaning. The more awards we give the less significant they become. I propose we limit the awards to 2 (or 3) only.

I like numbers 1 = 15 = 22 best poster of the year
And number 23 the most influential poster of the year
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by macof(m): 8:10am On Oct 16, 2013
Divepen: According to macof
15 Best poster
16Best thread
17Best Christian poster
18best pagan poster
19Best atheist poster

To me
20. Best poster -female
21.Best poster-Female
22.Best poster overall

please we are slow...
I will suggest we all meet here 10.00a.m and 8.00pm to help do this on time
Should be edited
15. Best post

22. removed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Belgian MP: 'Muslim Immigration To Europe Is A Trojan Horse Invasion' / Atheists, Who Generates The Force That Rotates Planet / What Are Your Plans For Christmas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.