Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,975 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam (19947 Views)

A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective / Muslims Against Terror Offers $10,000 For Info On Boko Haram and Its Leader / The Ring : Ring And Islam, All You Need To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by naiijaboii: 11:22am On May 31, 2013
People keep killing innocent people everyday in the name of Allah! - FACT
There have been no major mass protest of the killing of christians my BH or any other militarized islamic movement! - FACT

So one can be forgiven for considering islam a religion that breeds, endorses and promotes terrorism...simply because the facts are evident.

How many buildings have been bombed in the name of Jesus? How many mosques bombed? How many muslims called infidels and forced to convert? How many innocent muslims have lost their lives in Nigeria because a bible was burnt in Iran? The answer may very well be ZERO! Is it a coincidence?? Or does it simply point to the fact that there is something inherently flawed about the methodology behind Islam and its propagation?

Unfortunately i have more questions than answers......

6 Likes

Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by PvtParts1: 11:23am On May 31, 2013
oluking: Seun am disappointed this guy is blatantly breaking rules, @pvt. Parts what is your objective,its people like you that end up creating problems,please have the common sense to be part of the solution.

before you condemn me judge your own prophet and his followers.

3 Likes

Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by Kingharzyz(m): 11:24am On May 31, 2013
francis Newton: guy i've always believe dis nt until an islamic teacher based in australia was fumin in d mouth against muslems who dont pray for 'guys' which r workin for allah(e made mention of d militants in afganistan who stay outside under d cold without food or home to fight for allah) so guy forget dis or u kno more dan d islamic teacher whom people from every country in d world call for issues n advisee abegiiii e even said more power to dier elbow in dier fight for allah n against d unbelievers
there is no big diffrent btw you and boko bois I swear...the Op was elucidating about the true teaching u dey talk abt one scholar in australia...why Not get yourself a copy of the quran before concluding that islam is Not a religion of peace.
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by PvtParts1: 11:24am On May 31, 2013
King harzyz: there is no big diffrent btw you and boko bois I swear...the Op was elucidating about the true teaching

see lie

1 Like

Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by FiftyFifty(m): 11:28am On May 31, 2013
Despite all the antagonistic views held against Islam, the brutality against its adherents, the lies against its teachings, the monies being spent to stop its spreading... ISLAM, the ONLY true religion, is the fastest growing religion on the planet earth!

Allahu Akbar!!!

1 Like

Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by keni: 11:29am On May 31, 2013
defemz: It is evident the op has not been watching Aljazeera lately. The sea of combatant muslims with murderous and sweaty faces across the Islamic world shows something is not just right with Islam. One striking thing about muslims is if there is no one else to kill they start killing themselves. So muslims should stop saying what Islam is, they should rather start living it. Probably if any of your loved ones and breadwinners was killed by ever rampaging muslims up north, you will stop believing the trash you wrote up there. We have read the holy quran and we know it would be a daydream wishing muslims to stop shedding blood. Or how was the religion spread in the first place. I only pity good muslims.Too many blood thirst even among their revered clerics. The evil they perpetrate is too gigantic to ignore.God will save us all

You obviously did not read the post properly
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by chops33(m): 11:32am On May 31, 2013
victorD3: Well whenever I hear Islam I remember Boko Haram and whenever I hear Boko Haram I run.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...can't stop laughing...I don't blame u o!!!.....the only thing we can do is run...may God help us all...
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by Nobody: 11:33am On May 31, 2013
Ayishatreal: smiley smileyHope those that critic Islam and Muslims will clearly understand that what Boko Haram and their accomplices are doing is against Islamic doctrine.

Allah has perfected His religion, no amount of evil acts perpetrated by those who call themselves Muslim can spoil the image of the Religion.

PROUDLY A MUSLIMAH
are you now saying osama bn ladn not a true muslim or what?

1 Like

Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by MajHeadache: 11:33am On May 31, 2013
King harzyz: Where you copy and paste this lies...

koran
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by keni: 11:34am On May 31, 2013
Pvt. Parts:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2333039/Woolwich-terror-suspect-Michael-Adebolajos-rant-rally-incite-youngsters.html

Here is one of the London beheaders preaching hate in the middle of the streets to other muslims.

If they are peaceful bunch why would they rally to hear him speak garbage?

Because you have posted the picture of that guy it means all Muslims follow his believe? then I am also right to say all christians that goes to the gay reverend's church in UK are gay

2 Likes

Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by keni: 11:36am On May 31, 2013
sam4xadams:
are you now saying osama bn ladn not a true muslim or what?

Are you now saying Adolf Hitler is not a christian or what?
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by maclatunji: 11:36am On May 31, 2013
Opey4luv: Hmmmm @ mods, I have created a thread exactly with the same content and it did not make the front page and the OP just copied and re-packaged my work and it made front page. Nairalanders logic

My apologies. Many people posted similar content and yours was probably not seen by the referee.
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by Nobody: 11:36am On May 31, 2013
naiijaboii: People keep killing innocent people everyday in the name of Allah! - FACT
There have been no major mass protest of the killing of christians my BH or any other militarized islamic movement! - FACT

So one can be forgiven for considering islam a religion that breeds, endorses and promotes terrorism...simply because the facts are evident.

How many buildings have been bombed in the name of Jesus? How many mosques bombed? How many muslims called infidels and forced to convert? How many innocent muslims have lost their lives in Nigeria because a bible was burnt in Iran? The answer may very well be ZERO! Is it a coincidence?? Or does it simply point to the fact that there is something inherently flawed about the methodology behind Islam and its propagation?

Unfortunately i have more questions than answers......

You are not making much sense buddy.

Do we have to crucify the whole Niger deltans for the evils of MEND ?

Do we have to crucify Nigeria for the sin of Abdul mutalab ?

Do we have to crucify Norway for the sin of the serial killer ?

Do we have to crucify Americans for their soldiers who are killing innocent people in pakistan and Afghanistan ?

Do we have to blame ibos for the crime of massob or just as we should blame the yorubas for the sin of OPC ?

I can also go on with my analysis but you know what in the end,you can't control of a billion people to just stick to an ideology and expect perfection much as you can't expect every Nigerian to be patriotic.there will always be dissident few in any majority but it doesn't necessarily mean the others support the actions of the dissidents.

1 Like

Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by Emmaxx: 11:36am On May 31, 2013
Ehyahsad, just trying to save face abi? But you know deep inside of you that Islam is the back bone of terrorism. Terrorist are motivated by what is written in reverred book of Muhamed- THE FOLLY QURAN!
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by GenButtNaked: 11:37am On May 31, 2013
Games Muslim Play

“If Islam were a violent religion, then all Muslims would be violent.”

The Muslim Game:

Most Muslims live peacefully, without harming others, so how can Islam be a violent religion? If Islam were the religion of terrorists, then why aren’t most Muslims terrorists?

The Truth:

The same question can easily be turned around. If Islam is a religion of peace, then why is it the only one that consistently produces religiously-motivated terrorist attacks each and every day of the year? Why are thousands of people willing and able to cut off an innocent person’s head or fly a plane full of passengers into an office building while screaming praises to Allah? Where’s the outrage among other Muslims when this happens… and why do they get more worked up over cartoons and hijabs?

Rather than trying to answer a question with a question, however, let's just say that the reason why most Muslims don't kill is that regardless of what Islam may or may not teach it's wrong to kill over religious beliefs.

Consider that many Muslims would not even think of amputating a thief's hand. Does this mean that it is against Islam to do so? Of course not! In fact, it is clearly mandated in both the Qur'an (5:38) and the example set by Muhammad according to the Hadith (Bukhari 81:792). As individuals, Muslims make their own choices about which parts of their religion they practice.

However, even though believers may think whatever they want about what Islam says or doesn't say, it doesn't change what Islam says about itself. As a documented ideology, Islam exists independently of anyone's opinion. As such, it may be studied objectively and apart from how anyone else practices or chooses to interprets it.

The Qur'an plainly teaches that it is not only proper to kill in the name of Allah in certain circumstances, but that it is actually a requirement. Muslims who don't believe in killing over religion may be that way out of ignorance or because they are more loyal to the moral law written in their hearts than they are to the details of Muhammad’s religion. Those who put Islam first or know Islam best know otherwise.

In fact, few Muslims have ever read the Qur'an to any extent, much less pursued an honest investigation of the actual words and deeds of Muhammad, which were more in line with hedonism, deception, power and violence than with moral restraint. The harsh rules that Muslim countries impose on free speech to protect Islam from critique also prevent it from being fully understood. In the West, many Muslims, devout or otherwise, simply prefer to believe that Islam is aligned with the Judeo-Christian principles of peace and tolerance, even if it means filtering evidence to the contrary.

It is no coincidence, however, that the purists who take Islam too heart are far more likely to become terrorists than humanitarians. Those most prone to abandoning themselves to Muhammad's message without moral preconception are always the more dangerous and supremacist-minded. They may be called ‘extremists’ or ‘fundamentalists,’ but, at the end of the day, they are also dedicated to the Qur’an and following the path of Jihad as mandated by Muhammad.

9 Likes

Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by Nobody: 11:37am On May 31, 2013
Fifty-Fifty:
Despite all the antagonistic views held against Islam, the brutality against its adherents, the lies against its teachings, the monies being spent to stop its spreading... ISLAM, the ONLY true religion, is the fastest growing religion on the planet earth!

Allahu Akbar!!!
pls no bombs

2 Likes

Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by keni: 11:37am On May 31, 2013
Maj. Headache:

liar.

then why do you guys kill anyone that opts out?

is it because it was also decreed by your fake prophet in that your terror manual called koran?

Do you have any proof of the killings?
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by naiijaboii: 11:38am On May 31, 2013
King harzyz: and some fools will press the like button without asking for proofs on All this shits........ pls Where you copy and paste this lies...

pls king harzyz, educate us.........how much of this is false??
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by Nobody: 11:39am On May 31, 2013
Food_consumer: that crap is formed from pathetic minds....
In case u don't know, No such tins in the holy book..
Are you sure ?
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by Emmaxx: 11:39am On May 31, 2013
Abdul Adam56: 1) ISLAM: There is no compulsion in religion.
BOKO HARAM: Everyone must adhere to our ways else…
2) ISLAM: Love all and be just to all regardless of religion.
BOKO HARAM: If you are not with us you are against us.
3) ISLAM: Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) lived with peaceful Christians and Jews as his neighbours.
BOKO HARAM: All non-Muslims mustleave the North.
4) ISLAM: You are only permitted toprotect yourselves when you are attacked first. And you should retaliate justly but when u gain an upper hand, u shld better forgive and leave everything to Allah.
BOKO HARAM: We attack all who stand in our way
5) ISLAM: A true Muslim is one fromwhose tongue and hands his community is safe.
BOKO HARAM: We do not care your religion. Muslim or Christian we will crush any who stands in our way.
6) ISLAM: Killing of innocent souls is a great sin. No human being has theright to take life except through thedue process of the Law.
BOKO HARAM: Allah will understand.He will not punish us.
7) ISLAM: During war, non-combatant women and children must not be touched. Talk less of peace time.
BOKO HARAM: We kill men, women and children.
ISLAM: At war time, all non-Muslims that run into their places of worship ortheir homes will not be harmed. Talk less of peace time.
BOKO HARAM: We bomb non-Muslims in their places of worship. We also kill Muslims in theirmosques and homes if we feel theyare a threat to us.
So who really are these people withwarped ideologies and intents?
I may not know what they are really out to achieve but I do know for sure they do not represent Islam. Rather, they are acting contrary to it's most sublime teachings: peaceful advocacy.
Of course, Islam strongly disapproves of corruption and incapable leadership!
LET'S WORK TOGETHER, REGARDLESS OF TRIBE AND RELIGION TO PROVIDEA BETTER TOMORROW FOR ALL. May Allah help us all
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by Emmaxx: 11:39am On May 31, 2013
Abdul Adam56: 1) ISLAM: There is no compulsion in religion.
BOKO HARAM: Everyone must adhere to our ways else…
2) ISLAM: Love all and be just to all regardless of religion.
BOKO HARAM: If you are not with us you are against us.
3) ISLAM: Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) lived with peaceful Christians and Jews as his neighbours.
BOKO HARAM: All non-Muslims mustleave the North.
4) ISLAM: You are only permitted toprotect yourselves when you are attacked first. And you should retaliate justly but when u gain an upper hand, u shld better forgive and leave everything to Allah.
BOKO HARAM: We attack all who stand in our way
5) ISLAM: A true Muslim is one fromwhose tongue and hands his community is safe.
BOKO HARAM: We do not care your religion. Muslim or Christian we will crush any who stands in our way.
6) ISLAM: Killing of innocent souls is a great sin. No human being has theright to take life except through thedue process of the Law.
BOKO HARAM: Allah will understand.He will not punish us.
7) ISLAM: During war, non-combatant women and children must not be touched. Talk less of peace time.
BOKO HARAM: We kill men, women and children.
ISLAM: At war time, all non-Muslims that run into their places of worship ortheir homes will not be harmed. Talk less of peace time.
BOKO HARAM: We bomb non-Muslims in their places of worship. We also kill Muslims in theirmosques and homes if we feel theyare a threat to us.
So who really are these people withwarped ideologies and intents?
I may not know what they are really out to achieve but I do know for sure they do not represent Islam. Rather, they are acting contrary to it's most sublime teachings: peaceful advocacy.
Of course, Islam strongly disapproves of corruption and incapable leadership!
LET'S WORK TOGETHER, REGARDLESS OF TRIBE AND RELIGION TO PROVIDEA BETTER TOMORROW FOR ALL. May Allah help us all
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by keni: 11:40am On May 31, 2013
Emmaxx: Ehyahsad, just trying to save face abi? But you know deep inside of you that Islam is the back bone of terrorism. Terrorist are motivated by what is written in reverred book of Muhamed- THE FOLLY QURAN!

Your statement is not a proof that you are a better christian
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by keni: 11:41am On May 31, 2013
naiijaboii:

pls king harzyz, educate us.........how much of this is false??

You tell us with fact which one of it is true
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by Kingharzyz(m): 11:41am On May 31, 2013
Pvt. Parts:

see lie
Where is the lie? I'll rather stop commenting on Nairaland any longer cos i found out that 70% of you guys are pratts,fools etc....
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by Nobody: 11:42am On May 31, 2013
Gen.ButtNaked:
Games Muslim Play

“If Islam were a violent religion, then all Muslims would be violent.”

The Muslim Game:

Most Muslims live peacefully, without harming others, so how can Islam be a violent religion? If Islam were the religion of terrorists, then why aren’t most Muslims terrorists?

The Truth:

The same question can easily be turned around. If Islam is a religion of peace, then why is it the only one that consistently produces religiously-motivated terrorist attacks each and every day of the year? Why are thousands of people willing and able to cut off an innocent person’s head or fly a plane full of passengers into an office building while screaming praises to Allah? Where’s the outrage among other Muslims when this happens… and why do they get more worked up over cartoons and hijabs?

Rather than trying to answer a question with a question, however, let's just say that the reason why most Muslims don't kill is that regardless of what Islam may or may not teach it's wrong to kill over religious beliefs.

Consider that many Muslims would not even think of amputating a thief's hand. Does this mean that it is against Islam to do so? Of course not! In fact, it is clearly mandated in both the Qur'an (5:38) and the example set by Muhammad according to the Hadith (Bukhari 81:792). As individuals, Muslims make their own choices about which parts of their religion they practice.

However, even though believers may think whatever they want about what Islam says or doesn't say, it doesn't change what Islam says about itself. As a documented ideology, Islam exists independently of anyone's opinion. As such, it may be studied objectively and apart from how anyone else practices or chooses to interprets it.

The Qur'an plainly teaches that it is not only proper to kill in the name of Allah in certain circumstances, but that it is actually a requirement. Muslims who don't believe in killing over religion may be that way out of ignorance or because they are more loyal to the moral law written in their hearts than they are to the details of Muhammad’s religion. Those who put Islam first or know Islam best know otherwise.

In fact, few Muslims have ever read the Qur'an to any extent, much less pursued an honest investigation of the actual words and deeds of Muhammad, which were more in line with hedonism, deception, power and violence than with moral restraint. The harsh rules that Muslim countries impose on free speech to protect Islam from critique also prevent it from being fully understood. In the West, many Muslims, devout or otherwise, simply prefer to believe that Islam is aligned with the Judeo-Christian principles of peace and tolerance, even if it means filtering evidence to the contrary.

It is no coincidence, however, that the purists who take Islam too heart are far more likely to become terrorists than humanitarians. Those most prone to abandoning themselves to Muhammad's message without moral preconception are always the more dangerous and supremacist-minded. They may be called ‘extremists’ or ‘fundamentalists,’ but, at the end of the day, they are also dedicated to the Qur’an and following the path of Jihad as mandated by Muhammad.
you've said all
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by Kingharzyz(m): 11:44am On May 31, 2013
keni:

You tell us with fact which one of it is true
go and search for the truth yourself and don't forget search if jesus was a christian or formulated by the jews.....
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by Nobody: 11:45am On May 31, 2013
keni:

Are you now saying Adolf Hitler is not a christian or what?
aldolf is a pagan mind u..he was neva a religiouz man
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by delors(m): 11:46am On May 31, 2013
Are you telling us what we already know or u think we are blind?
Siddon there...We know as e dey go...ur emotional write-up cannot really convince us otherwise.
There is room for extremism in islam as it has been shown over and over again in the following areas:
- MSSN on campuses (especially in Unilorin and OAU)
- Boko Haram in Northern Nigeria
- Islamic insurgents in Mali, Sudan and other African countries.
- Hezbollah in the Middle East
- Ayatollah in the Middle East
- AlQaeda in the Middle East (with branches worldwide)
Muslims in the other parts of Nigeria are cool headed because they don't take it to an extreme, same with muslims in other western world.
Why is it that whenever u provoke a muslim brother, the next thing is 'Allah, fatwa, etc' as if u are engaged in a religious war with them?' It beats one to think that u cant crack a normal joke with a turban and veil wearing muslim brother...its just odd...As far as I (and most of us) can tell, Islam ain't nolonger a religion of peace...Not until they allow us live in peace without anyone trying to bomb us up all in the name of Islam...
What exactly are the Boko haram guys demanding now? Islamic country carved out of Northern Nigeria! and war is the only way out, not diplomacy, not negotiation? What do u call that? They are cowardly devils....
Bros, please say something else...we know what we know about Islam...and about peace. Please undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

If 72 Virgins Are Giving To Muslim Men In Paradise(????)..whats For The Women? / Why Muslim Males Need Not Marry A Kitabi Female (christian/jewish Lady) / Why Will Sultan Always Be The One To Declare Fasting For A Whole Nation..?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.