Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,654 members, 7,854,722 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 04:10 AM

LOVE Or COMMITMENT Which Is More Important In MARRIAGE - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / LOVE Or COMMITMENT Which Is More Important In MARRIAGE (585 Views)

Money Or Love: Which Is More Important In A Relationship? / 12 Signs You Have Commitment Phobia And How To Fix it / Is Astrological Compatibility Important In Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

LOVE Or COMMITMENT Which Is More Important In MARRIAGE by nankosa(m): 5:18pm On May 28, 2013
I have been pondering on the rate of divorce and separation in marriages in our times compared to the days of our parents when couples hardly knew themselves but were arranged by their parents and yet their union survived till death. Fastforward to the present with divorces as many as "i love u" . What do you think?
Re: LOVE Or COMMITMENT Which Is More Important In MARRIAGE by Lilimax(f): 5:21pm On May 28, 2013
nankosa: I have been pondering on the rate of divorce and separation in marriages in our times compared to the days of our parents when couples hardly knew themselves but were arranged by their parents and yet their union survived till death. Fastforward to the present with divorces as many as "i love u" . What do you think?
They go side by side.
You cannot love without showing some levels of commitments. smiley smiley
Re: LOVE Or COMMITMENT Which Is More Important In MARRIAGE by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 28, 2013
If you do not love someone for what love really means, you cannot bring yourself to commit to her. Commitment without loving her first is like you are in the relationship against your will, like you are scared of hurting her feelings and not because you love her. So instead of staying because of love, you stay because of pity and that is the perfect recipe for what? For disaster!

---wink
Re: LOVE Or COMMITMENT Which Is More Important In MARRIAGE by firetrap(m): 5:27pm On May 28, 2013
If you don't love, you can never be committed and if you're not committed love will never grow. So in marriage, one cannot survive without the other
Re: LOVE Or COMMITMENT Which Is More Important In MARRIAGE by nankosa(m): 5:31pm On May 28, 2013
Lilimax:
They go side by side.
You cannot love without showing some levels of commitments. smiley smiley
Yes, there is a tin line btw them. Which should come first.
Re: LOVE Or COMMITMENT Which Is More Important In MARRIAGE by firetrap(m): 5:39pm On May 28, 2013
nankosa:

Love
Re: LOVE Or COMMITMENT Which Is More Important In MARRIAGE by xynerise: 5:43pm On May 28, 2013
nankosa:
There is no thin line. The line is just transparent. grin
Re: LOVE Or COMMITMENT Which Is More Important In MARRIAGE by Lilimax(f): 6:01pm On May 28, 2013
nankosa:
The assumed thin line is what will sustain your marriage• Noboby have been able to unravel this
Re: LOVE Or COMMITMENT Which Is More Important In MARRIAGE by shizzle11(m): 6:28pm On May 28, 2013
the two are interwoven. Love first then commitment. You cannot be committed if you don't love, unless you're doing so under duress.
Re: LOVE Or COMMITMENT Which Is More Important In MARRIAGE by Mynd44: 6:29pm On May 28, 2013
[i][/i]
Re: LOVE Or COMMITMENT Which Is More Important In MARRIAGE by shizzle11(m): 6:38pm On May 28, 2013
Lilimax: The assumed thin line is what will sustain your marriage• Noboby have been able to unravel this

What mystery is there to unravel? Well, that thin line could be trust, cos suspicion is one ill wind that will blow no marriage any good. Once there's love and they both committed to make the marriage work and they both trust each other to a great extent, what other recipe do you need to sustain marriage?

(1) (Reply)

What Must One Know Before One Say 'i Do' In A Relationship / Why Does Love Change (some) women? / After Divorce, What Next? 9 Things To Help With Divorce Settlements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.