Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,529 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge (15352 Views)

The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics / Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS / Lekki - Ikoyi Link Bridge Construction Update - July 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by ballabriggs: 11:21pm On May 28, 2013
Eko Ile:

Very well said. And apart from that, maintenance is very important and that money got to come from somewhere or we sit and complain about the bridge falling apart years from now because of bad maintenance culture.

I actually see the house going along with the administration...

Lekki was a swampy area reclaimed by the Lagos Government. At the time lands were allocated to the residents of Lekki, it was allocated at a very low price when you compare with the value today. The government spent billions in reclaiming these lands but gave it out at very low prices. Today the value of those lands have risen by over 1000 folds. That is capital gains, that is capital appreciation. How much of these gains have been paid back to the government? Little or nothing in most cases. And why should the government not device other strategies for taking out of these incomes?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by flexshop(m): 11:23pm On May 28, 2013
emperor of bourdillon......hahahahaha.....i cant wait for GEJ to start tolling benin-ore road after completion as well as all d major federal roads...by the way,ferma needs maintainance money......hahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by GeneralJ(m): 11:50pm On May 28, 2013
so on point, this is what i like, democracy at its best
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by versace1: 11:53pm On May 28, 2013
Thief-Tinubu And Thief-Fashola you people should keep on stealing lagos state money in 2015 we will take over Lagos state Governor seat you two must refund all the lands and money your stole from us

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by EkoIle1: 12:01am On May 29, 2013
ballabriggs:

Lekki was a swampy area reclaimed by the Lagos Government. At the time lands were allocated to the residents of Lekki, it was allocated at a very low price when you compare with the value today. The government spent billions in reclaiming these lands but gave it out at very low prices. Today the value of those lands have risen by over 1000 folds. That is capital gains, that is capital appreciation. How much of these gains have been paid back to the government? Little or nothing in most cases. And why should the government not device other strategies for taking out of these incomes?

The fact is, a major chunk of the state's income comes from that triangle and that area is a CBD with heavy traffic which necessitated the bridge to solve a chronic traffic problem.
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by kpolli(m): 12:03am On May 29, 2013
So they taxed our salaries, built bridges from it and now want me to pay toll to pass that bridge..... Some ppl are still writing "Eko O ni Baje"...... It has already spoilt

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by EkoIle1: 12:03am On May 29, 2013
versace1: Thief-Tinubu And Thief-Fashola you people should keep on stealing lagos state money in 2015 we will take over Lagos state Governor seat you two must refund all the lands and money your stole from us

All you losers do is cry and cry over Lagos, but your villages don't even know how to build hen cage talk less bridge. You people have been begging and doing bambiala for common river bridge for over 30 years and still begging while the Lagos state government in less than 4 years built the best bridge in West Africa.

Shame no dey catch you people ni?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by flexshop(m): 12:25am On May 29, 2013
Lived in lagos for 2 years and ran away back to abuja.how can I leave my house to buy recharge card- I pay toll, I come back to my house- I pay toll.haba if I pay for using government facilities like that,when will government pay me nuisance allowance undecided

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by bayol2001: 1:20am On May 29, 2013
it is really sad that they want to toll the bridge...lekki axis pays the highest amount on land use charge and taxes in the whole of nigeria and yet they cant enjoy any meaningful infrastructure....tax payers money is used to build a bridge and the same tax payers have to pay for the bridge..maybe the federal govt should decide to toll the 3rd bridge which is by far longer than the small bridge built by lagos.. the house of reps had better stop every move by the state to toll d bridge because all this occurrence are gona be history some day. people in this forum are saying lekki folks have the money...well u should also note that there are alot of companies in lekki phase1 who employ loads of people living on thr mainland...most residents in lekki are either in abj or out of the country so pls who is gona suffer it??all this tolling are going to affect Acn in the nearest future cos its as if its their friends that are giving the tolling contract. pls did the state govt put up any advert in the papers for companies to express interest in the tolling services? because lekki epe express way that the toll is active, pls nairalanders try and observe wat is being done.. the traffic light bulbs are not even replaced when burnt, the is serious traffic at the supposed fast lane (etag), the alternate route is even faster than the toll gate...i believe it is a failed project...all the taxes collected in lekki axis in the last 5 years, can it be accounted for? if yes am sure is far more than the amount used to construct the bridge...Acn complains abt PDP but yet the PDP govt is building roads and not tolling..i am not a politican, so dont think am siding any party...just stating the obvious...thats 3 toll gates in 1 local govt...never heard of in any part of the world..how can u pay 250 naira to and 250 fro...500 naira on toll alone how much are u gona spend on petrol for that day? its is totally unfair...the law makers should tell the govt to use out of the land use charge and development levy..u can play the people but not for so long...God will fight for his people....the house of reps should always remember history shall surely take its cause..what they do today abt the tolll shall always be remembered...

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by RickyRoss1(m): 1:24am On May 29, 2013
Eko Ile:

All you losers do is cry and cry over Lagos, but your villages don't even know how to build hen cage talk less bridge. You people have been begging and doing bambiala for common river bridge for over 30 years and still begging while the Lagos state government in less than 4 years built the best bridge in West Africa.

Shame no dey catch you people ni?

Wetin make the bridge the best in west Africa? How many west African countries have you traveled to? Which group of engineers did the testing/vetting of bridges in west Africa? From tagging this fake bridge suspension bridge to cable bridge, now it is clear people must pay to use it? Which other bridge in west Africa do people pay to use? This is not even a PPP project, the project was done with tax payers money and at the same time people must pay to use it? Bro stop washing your dirty linen in public.

Shame no dey catch you ni? The best road network in Lagos is the Lekki road but it is tolled, nothing is free in Lagos state. In many other Nigerian cities there are far much better roads networks that are constructed by state governors and its 100% free to everyone. See the type of world class roads in Uyo and no one pays to use them. All over the world its only Lagos state that increased school fees by more than 1000%, till date you still defend that stupid decision by the state government. If it were PDP they would be tagged clueless or evil, but since its ACN they are saints.

Look at the world class digital library in Uyo, no one pays to use it, if it were in Lagos it would be tolled as well. Tell me, in which other part of the world is a 1km bridge tooled? I mean a bridge that was built with tax payers money and not JV or PPP?

18 Likes

Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by BigPhil(m): 1:35am On May 29, 2013
Spot on.
Ricky_Ross:

Wetin make the bridge the best in west Africa? How many west African countries have you traveled to? Which group of engineers did the testing/vetting of bridges in west Africa? From tagging this fake bridge suspension bridge to cable bridge, now it is clear people must pay to use it? Which other bridge in west Africa do people pay to use? This is not even a PPP project, the project was done with tax payers money and at the same time people must pay to use it? Bro stop washing your dirty linen in public.

Shame no dey catch you ni? The best road network in Lagos is the Lekki road but it is tolled, nothing is free in Lagos state. In many other Nigerian cities there are far much better roads networks that are constructed by state governors and its 100% free to everyone. See the type of world class roads in Uyo and no one pays to use them. All over the world its only Lagos state that increased school fees by more than 1000%, till date you still defend that stupid decision by the state government. If it were PDP they would be tagged clueless or evil, but since its ACN they are saints.

Look at the world class digital library in Uyo, no one pays to use it, if it were in Lagos it would be tolled as well. Tell me, in which other part of the world is a 1km bridge tooled? I mean a bridge that was built with tax payers money and not JV or PPP?
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by Krasid(m): 1:40am On May 29, 2013
Since the lagos state government has decided to toll every thing they build including this bridge they should start using it alone or better still make it a tourist destination.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by EkoIle1: 2:45am On May 29, 2013
Ricky_Ross:

1. The burden is on you to show me a better bridge anywhere in Nigeria build by your FG with all their oil money, by your Akwa Ibom clown governor with all his oil money and the largest yearly budget in Nigeria and while you are at it, go anywhere in west Africa and if non is available in Nigeria. Until you do that, STFU and my claim stands.

2. Even though your Akwa Ibom spends more money than any state in Nigeria, it's still largely a village with a flyover here and a few roads scattered in one single town which is the capital and other than that, the place is void of any other meaningful social, economic and manpower development. That clown is better off dashing money and luxury jeeps to celebrities with tax paters money, sending celebrities to wedding in dubai with tax payers money, buying private jets and luxury Mercedes Benz vans with tax payers money and rigging elections all over the place like a damn barbarian..

3. I know ignorant villagers like you spewing rubbish is a norm on NL, but some of you losers take it too far especially talking about a state with so much oil money with little or nothing to show for it. A state with no grand vision and ideas for the future.

Your Akwa Library is a phony scam with no meaningful functionality, the digital library is nothing but a collection of links to other libraries which any school kid fit access directly on the internet without messing with your phony library.

4. Your Akwa library is the only tolled library in Nigeria and it's not only tolled, it's even tolled for kids. For any kid in Akwa Ibom to get any kind of full access to that phony library, they have to pay N1000/YEAR and N5000 for adult.

Yes, you are a dullard for even bringing that up, that phony library is tolled with fees even for school kids? So of what use is that fake library to the kids and people of Akwa Ibom?

5. You can rant and go berserk as much as you want, but Lagos is not in the same league with your village so give yourself a break because you are still not going to be in that league for decades to come.

Now, STFU and get lost...

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by 4just: 3:09am On May 29, 2013
@ ekoile pls my advice to u is to allow those with logical minds, free fron sentinments comment on the matter. We do not have to all reason in one direction, uy r entitled to ur stereotyped opinion. Remember this is a public forum. Allow the free borns and the genuine taxpayers to criticize the government, not interrupting them with ur slave mentality. If u are a genuine taxpayer and not some tout, u will be worried about d state of affairs in lagos state. Nothing is been done with the masses interest. Rubbish pls carry ur psycophantic ideas and ass licking politics to alausa ikeja, or the garage.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by taharqa2: 3:15am On May 29, 2013
Ricky_Ross:

God bless...
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by 4just: 3:17am On May 29, 2013
@rickyross, God bless u my brother. The truth is like light it can never be hidden. U speak d mind of the majority, u r indeed a free born and not some slave. This is democracy, the government must be held accountable.
Ricky_Ross:

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by EkoIle1: 3:20am On May 29, 2013
4just: @ ekoile pls my advice to u is to allow those with logical minds, free fron sentinments comment on the matter. We do not have to all reason in one direction, uy r entitled to ur stereotyped opinion. Remember this is a public forum. Allow the free borns and the genuine taxpayers to criticize the government, not interrupting them with ur slave mentality. If u are a genuine taxpayer and not some tout, u will be worried about d state of affairs in lagos state. Nothing is been done with the masses interest. Rubbish pls carry ur psycophantic ideas and ass licking politics to alausa ikeja, or the garage.

Common sense should tell you that opinions cuts both ways and going by your logic, the fact that you singled me out and other posters here quoted and criticized my opinions means you have little respect for other people's opinion and you don't think I'm entitled to my own opinion and views which I find very dubious, silly and hypocritical.

What exactly is logical minds to you? people lying and making up rubbish that they can not support with facts or lying that some library is free when in fact it's tolled and fee based? is this what your kind call logical?

Or you are just mad because I busted your brother's lies?

Talk about birds of the same feather. If you any anything better to contribute to the thread please do so or keep quiet with your self confusion and hypocrisy.

Damn village illiterates...
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by bobthebuilder99(m): 3:22am On May 29, 2013
It must hurt to have all that hate in your heart! grin

Lagos is moving forward, while the rest of you are stagnating. You can cry elitist all you want, but Fashola is delivering for his people, while your Governors are failing you.

I think Igbos hate ACN out of jealousy. They want everyone to be down in the mud with them. Worry about your Governor being bullied by the President, and leave us alone. You are crying about us tolling our bridge, and you don't even have a bridge! Imagine! Where is your Second Niger Bridge?

The First Niger Bridge was built in 1965, while our LATEST bridge is being commissioned in 2013. The 4th Mainland Bridge (which is going to be one of the 20 longest bridges in the world) is coming up next. Shouldn't you be worried about yourself? Abeg, WHERE IS YOUR SECOND NIGER BRIDGE??

Oh, and before I forget, you all KNOW that the toll money is not going to be shared, and you hate it! You hate that there is a working Government in Naija, don't you! The way things are going now, in 10 years the South West is going to be richer than the rest of Nigeria put together.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by JW214: 3:38am On May 29, 2013
Ricky_Ross:

100% tax payers money and all what the LHA can say is that the contract was not reviewed by them in the 1st instance........then they failed to perform their responsibility on that and they are still bold to say it out

Beauty of democracy ko, fashion of democaZy ni

1 Like

Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by EkoIle1: 3:40am On May 29, 2013
bobthebuilder99: It must hurt to have all that hate in your heart! grin

Lagos is moving forward, while the rest of you are stagnating. You can cry elitist all you want, but Fashola is delivering for his people, while your Governors are failing you.

I think Igbos hate ACN out of jealousy. They want everyone to be down in the mud with them. Worry about your Governor being bullied by the President, and leave us alone. You are crying about us tolling our bridge, and you don't even have a bridge! Imagine! Where is your Second Niger Bridge?

The First Niger Bridge was built in 1965, while our LATEST bridge is being commissioned tomorrow. The 4th Mainland Bridge (which is going to be one of the 20 longest bridges in the world) is coming up next. Shouldn't you be worried about yourself?

Oh, and before I forget, you all KNOW that the toll money is not going to be shared, and you hate it! You hate that there is a working Government in Naija, don't you! The way things are going now, in 10 years the South West is going to be richer than the rest of Nigeria put together.

This is why they are far behind. How do you get ahead after spending all your time crying and losing sleep over other people's progress day after day instead of worrying about your own backward villages with incompetent and lazy governors whose only talent and skill is beg beg beg for road, beg for bridge do bambiala for airport and do boy boy follow? Even ordinary borehole we don't even hear them commission....smh..

Sucks to be hopelessly stagnant and backward like these silly clowns ...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by 4just: 3:49am On May 29, 2013
@ekoile pls get this into ur spongy tisue I'm a free born (from the southwest) a true omo odua! Have no friend no foe! No brother or sis on nairaland, no egbe or some funny association or group. The difference btween us is I have decided to use my brains and have a mind of my own see things on a broader perspective, devoid of sentiments. Pls I do not have to always agree with ur stereotyped mind(formatted by ACN politics)on certain issues!!
NB; pls also note that I'm very immune to insults and abuses. My skin repels it like a bullet proof and sends it right back to d sender. So if u behave we won't have problems, it was indeed a pleasant experience meeting u @ last on nairaland. Food for thought "today is democracy day" pls kindly reflect on d word DEMOCRAcy!!It will help.
Eko Ile:

Common sense should tell you that opinions cuts both ways and going by your logic, the fact that you singled me out and other posters here quoted and criticized my opinions means you have little respect for other people's opinion and you don't think I'm entitled to my own opinion and views which I find very dubious, silly and hypocritical.

What exactly is logical minds to you? people lying and making up rubbish that they can not support with facts or lying that some library is free when in fact it's tolled and fee based? is this what your kind call logical?

Or you are just mad because I busted your brother's lies?

Talk about birds of the same feather. If you any anything better to contribute to the thread please do so or keep quiet with your self confusion and hypocrisy.

Damn village illiterates...

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by Nobody: 3:52am On May 29, 2013
S

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by EkoIle1: 3:55am On May 29, 2013
4just: @ekoile pls get this into ur spongy tisue I'm a free born (from the southwest) a true omo odua! Have no friend no foe! No brother or sis on nairaland, no egbe or some funny association or group. The difference btween us is I have decide to use my brtains and have a mind of my own on certain issues. Pls I do not have to always agree with ur stereotyped opinions ok! So if I were u, I will try another angle. Or better still reason logically, rather than been stereotyped. NB; pls also note that I'm very immune to insults and abuses. My skin repels it like a bullet proof and sends it right back to d sender. So if u behave we won't have problems, it was indeed a pleasant experience meeting u @ last on nairaland. Food for thought "today is democracy day" pls kindly reflect on d word DEMOCRAcy!!It

You are not from the SW and I'm not even interested in your rubbish especially since lies and unfounded rubbish equals logical minds to you.

You know your kind to get at them for solace..
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by bobthebuilder99(m): 4:04am On May 29, 2013
Ricky_Ross:

If you ever get to leave your village, you will see that almost every bridge in big cities is tolled.

Have you ever been to New York? Manhattan is an island, and almost every bridge going in and out of Manhattan is tolled.
The George Washington Bridge is $15.00. The Brooklyn-Battery Tunnel is $6.50. The Whitestone Bridge is $6.50. The Verazzano Bridge is $15.00. Etc, etc. This is just from memory from when I lived there for a year. The amount is probably even higher now.

Lagos State is actually a real government. Your politicians just dash you with national oil money, to keep you quiet so you don't revolt. When your politicians start taxing/tolling you, you will start asking where the money goes. That is a question they NEVER want you to ask. LASG isn't scared of questions like that. In fact, they welcome it.
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by 4just: 4:12am On May 29, 2013
@ekoile omo iyami! It will do u well to catch some sleep ok!! *yawns* its still quite early. slee helps to have a clear head and mind, so my advice to u, is sleep more often and longer ok!! Even ur Godfathers in ACN are fast asleep! Goodmornin and happy democracy day to u!
Eko Ile:

You are not from the SW and I'm not even interested in your rubbish especially since lies and unfounded rubbish equals logical minds to you.

You know your kind to get at them for solace..

1 Like

Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by EkoIle1: 4:16am On May 29, 2013
^^^^^^^^

Abeg get lost with your hate and bad bele. I'm not trying to get infected with that disease..
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by 4just: 4:20am On May 29, 2013
Ur [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by NonFarmPayrol: 4:24am On May 29, 2013
Krasid: Since the lagos state government has decided to toll every thing they build including this bridge they should start using it alone or better still make it a tourist destination.

grin grin grin grin grin
ACN clowns run about NL daily saying Lagos is working, yes Lagos is a Business venture and its working, Tinubu is the chairman , while Fashola is the CEO, they shud even toll all the Oxygen in Lekki at once so that we will know they really need money, this is the same Tinubu that demanded 200M Dollars from a rail Company that wanted to lay tracks from Ajah to mainland, which wud have reduced cost of transportation for the common lagosian and helped with traffic issues, and the Coy had to leave to Uganda Cause they refused to bribe Tinubu, and here the Eko slaves are telling me Fashola and tinubu are working, in VI and lekki aside the Expressway other small roads are death traps, and here some one will be shouting Eko oni baje, any inch of good manageable road in Lagos must be tolled,
COme to Uyo and see roads with freedom grin and stop being a slave

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by EkoIle1: 4:24am On May 29, 2013
The representative of the Lagos State Governor, Commissioner for Economic Planning and Budget, Mr. Ben Akabueze (2nd right behind), the writer of the book “Fashola: The Historic Reconstruction of Lagos”, Barrister Emeka Anthony Odikpo (right behind), Chief Presenter, Mr. Ayuli Jemide (2nd left behind), Book Reviewer, Mr. Adedapo Tunde Olowu (left behind), former Governors of Lagos,State, Brigadier-General Mobolaji Johnson (left seated) and Alhaji Lateef Kayode Jakande (middle seated) and his wife, Alhaja Abimbola Jakande (right seated) during the public presentation of the book “Fashola: The Historic Reconstruction of Lagos” at the Freedom Park, Broad Street, Lagos.

It gives me great pleasure that not all of you people have hate in your blood especially the well read and exposed ones, they know the truth and even willing to write about it.

Even the bridge is already a selling point, it's a land mark and it's destined for beautiful post cards and tourists attractions.

The book on the reconstruction of Lagos State by Governor Babatunde Fashola (SAN), written by Emeka Anthony Odikpo, resonates with me. Any government without vision, careful planning and intense execution will definitely not achieve much success. Of course, a government that is built on crystallized vision such as that of Governor Fashola is already light years ahead of its contemporaries even before the added vigour in implementation.

As Mr. Odikpo states in this work, the impact of Governor Fashola in Lagos State has been nothing short of phenomenal. This work has also examined in details the policy statements and documents behind such projects as the Eko Atlantic City project, the Light Rail project, the public transportation policies, the greening projects, the healthcare policies of the government and other areas of governance and came to the conclusion that the projects are epochal and profound. I sincerely agree with the analysis and conclusions offered by Mr. Odikpo. Governor Fashola has truly had a remarkable effect on Lagos State. The Light Rail project has already impacted on the lives of the people of Lagos State in several ways. Thousands of jobs have been created by the project and, over the years, even more jobs will be created for the effective running of the rails. The project being on the land gateway into Nigeria undoubtedly adds cubits to the reputation of Nigeria amongst her West African neighbours. The positive effect on the lives of the potential users of the rail service will also be great.

Mr. Odikpo further states that the government’s efforts towards beautifying Lagos have been remarkable and impressive. I wholeheartedly endorse this. An overview on such projects, such as this work, brings home forcefully to you the fact that the beautification was actually the product of meticulous planning. The slumming of a big city such as Lagos took quite some time and a lot of negative effort or lack thereof to accomplish. On the other hand, the de-slumming and beautification must have taken quite some imagination. Mr. Odikpo carefully articulates this imagination; he then proceeds to elucidate on the vigour applied by the Governor in implementing the policies.
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by Lucasbalo(m): 4:46am On May 29, 2013
Eko Ile:

Very well said. And apart from that, maintenance is very important and that money got to come from somewhere or we sit and complain about the bridge falling apart years from now because of bad maintenance culture.

I actually see the house going along with the administration...
This is exactly why Nigeria will be a 3rd world country. It's because of that kind of thinking. The road that was constructed with public money need not be a toll road. Majority of the people that would use that road are not wealthy. You have to think about them too.
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by EkoIle1: 4:52am On May 29, 2013
Non Farm Payrol: ,
COme to Uyo and see roads with freedom grin and stop being a slave [/b]

We are talking about visionary projects and landmarks and this joker is parading around with roundabout in some jungle village?

Akwa Ibom budget 2012 N527 Billion/Lagos state N485

Akwa Ibom budget 2013 N539 Billion/Lagos state N497

Is this what that clown achieved with the largest budgets in the history of Nigeria?

If Lagos with 20 million people is commissioning projects everyday, building visionary and major projects with less money, why is your Akwa with 3 million people and all that money not looking like dubai? Where are the grand, visionary and major projects?

Where are the schools?

Where are the hospitals and clinics

Where are the parks and recreation centers

Where are the skills and acquisition centers

Where are your governing and public institutions?

Where are the developments outside of Uyo?

One village roundabout and a few roads doesn't constitute development, development is a package.

Please go and sit down in a corner and cry on behalf of yourself and the poor people of Akwa...

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by EkoIle1: 5:03am On May 29, 2013
Lucasbalo: This is exactly why Nigeria will be a 3rd world country. It's because of that kind of thinking. The road that was constructed with public money need not be a toll road. Majority of the people that would use that road are not wealthy. You have to think about them too.

To start with, your federal government since 1999 is yet to build one single bridge while the Lagos state government built the best bridge in Nigeria in less than 4 years also while instead of building, your village stay begging for a common river bridge for 30 years and still no bridge in sight.

They've commissioned more projects in Lagos state than the whole of your region combined with the federal government since 1999.

You don't want to be a 3rd world country, but the countries you want to be like toll their infrastructures all over so make up your mind what you want to be..

Obviously, Lagos is not trying to remain a 3rd world entity and that destiny doesn't belong to the people of Lagos state.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Buhari’s Government Is Corrupt – Bukola Saraki / Governor Ganduje Slashes Political Appointees' Salaries By 50% / President Buhari @ 79: Achievements And Challenges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.