Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,043 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

President Goodluck Jonathan Midterm Report – Updates - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Goodluck Jonathan Midterm Report – Updates (11917 Views)

OAU Gives Indefinite Midterm Break As NASU Goes On Strike Over Unpaid Salaries / Download Gej's Midterm Report Here / Tambuwal, Obasanjo, Babangida, Others Shun GEJ’s Midterm Report Presentation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Midterm Report – Updates by vicade(m): 5:41pm On May 29, 2013
This power improvement thing is a big fallacy.

The way I see it, its like a child that has been scoring 20 percent in a subject(Ministry). Then the child later "Improves" his/her score to 30 percent and we are supposed to celebrate that ?

An F is an F.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Midterm Report – Updates by kraftykc(m): 5:43pm On May 29, 2013
diallo12: Up Jonathan down satan

Lol, GEJ is now the Almighty to you? Abeg no make these kind of easily misconstrued jokes.

Anyway, I have not seen the 68,000 social houses, I don't know why those kids are outta school still and I do not know where this woman is pulling out investment figures from. I am awaiting una for part 2 of this story
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Midterm Report – Updates by sayso: 5:46pm On May 29, 2013
Maxymilliano: President Goodluck Jonathan (GCFR) gave a brief remark in respect of his administration's 'Transformation ­ Agenda' and its achievements in the past two years.

He formally presented a 250-page document "that all Nigerians can read and access our government by". He also added that in spite of Nigeria's security challenges, "there is so much interest by businesses abroad wanting to come and invest in Nigeria". To ctitics of his administration, ­including the media, he implores them to develop a set of standard criteria "a marking scheme" to assess his achievements in office, rather than base their reports, assessments and criticisms on speculations.
I hope the NGF election,Amaechi witch hunt will be contained in that book?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Midterm Report – Updates by Nobody: 5:53pm On May 29, 2013
Behind every GOODLUCK, ther is (a) PATIENCE. Nigerians are impatient.
Happy Democracy Day anyway..!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Midterm Report – Updates by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 29, 2013
vicade: This power improvement thing is a big fallacy.

The way I see it, its like a child that has been scoring 20 percent in a subject(Ministry). Then the child later "Improves" his/her score to 30 percent and we are supposed to celebrate that ?

An F is an F.
What is 30-20?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Midterm Report – Updates by tomakint: 5:56pm On May 29, 2013
superior1: I refused to be deceived. Come 2015,Nigerians will clear every doubt

by the way, God Bless Ameachi, Woe to all Oppressors
Why are you acting like a Rebel? undecided
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Midterm Report – Updates by Nobody: 6:02pm On May 29, 2013
texazzpete: As expected, the report was extremely light on security, failed to mention any concrete steps to fight corruption. It's not about grand speeches and grand phrases...how many people have been convicted by the efforts of the EFCC and ICPC in the past few years? Instead public confidence is eroded by his shameless fraternity with the likes of Anenih and Bode george.
He indulges in serious chest beating over airport renovation,forgetting to mention that airfares are now much higher and his Govt gets much more in taxes + FAAN levy. The renovation work as seen at the new Lagos GAT terminal is sometimes poorly done.
Under GEJ, his Niger delta buddies bunker 150,000 barrels of oil daily. Those are oil volumes and money that is denied to taxpayers and our future generations...and presido doesn't care one bit.

Chest beating over power improvement, conveniently failing to mention that they are way behind the power generation targets they set and budgeted money for. Promise 6000MW, collect money for that purpose and deliver 4500MW then go around beating your chest you've achieved an all time high. That's hilarious.
There are positives in GEJ's work, but the negatives are Damn too many for the discerning folks to celebrate just yet.

Atleast you accepted that there are positives in GEJ's work.
Case closed
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Midterm Report – Updates by Nobody: 6:10pm On May 29, 2013
vicade: This power improvement thing is a big fallacy.

An F is an F.
I disagree.You celebrate improvement no matter how 'little' .With this the 'child' feel encourage and thus driven to achieve more improvement.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Midterm Report – Updates by visalo: 7:43pm On May 29, 2013
flyforall:
lie kill them there on this report
you can fool some people all the time
you cant fool all the people all the time
Stop the witch hunt on Amaechi OGA GEJ @ d top

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

People are talking you are talking. Well not your cause. Freedom of speech wahala
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Midterm Report – Updates by visalo: 7:59pm On May 29, 2013
Uncle joe, you have done well. God will never allow your enemies bring you down. Haters can criticize, but nigeria is moving forward.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Midterm Report – Updates by jawjaw1: 8:22pm On May 29, 2013
Dike Chimezie:
I disagree.You celebrate improvement no matter how 'little' .With this the 'child' feel encourage and thus driven to achieve more improvement.

Wrong!!!
You dont celebrate an improvement that does not take you to the pass mark.
You note it and work more on areas that need to improve.
Celebration should only come when you achieve the pass mark from a failure position.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Midterm Report – Updates by UyiIredia(m): 10:59pm On May 29, 2013
It occurred to me that Nigerians could vote Jonathan into power come 2015. I find that unacceptable because my recollection of the subsidy removal remains ever fresh. The only possible reason I may vote Jonathan (assuming her runs) is if no other political party presents a better candidacy. I hope APC won't choose Buhari, he's a non-starter for reasons I hope are obvious.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Midterm Report – Updates by Nobody: 9:07am On May 30, 2013
President Jonathan has done well, He has achieved in His Campaign Promises. He Promised 6000mw of power and delivered 4500mw-which is commendable considering the distraction here and there, inflation rate is decreasing as Foreign reserve is Increasing(50billion dollars), developmental projects are completed and some ongoing, Education is improving, some of our roads that used to be death traps are now motorable with others being attended to among others. No matter what opposition or islamist bigots try to say or do, The Good People of Nigeria will return Jonathan to Aso Rock in 2015 to finish what he started. In Summary, no VACANCY in Aso Rock Till 2019. God bless Nigeria, God bless the President and God bless Nigerians
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Midterm Report – Updates by Nobody: 9:11am On May 30, 2013
Uyi Iredia: It occurred to me that Nigerians could vote Jonathan into power come 2015. I find that unacceptable because my recollection of the subsidy removal remains ever fresh. The only possible reason I may vote Jonathan (assuming her runs) is if no other political party presents a better candidacy. I hope APC won't choose Buhari, he's a non-starter for reasons I hope are obvious.
iti like you, President Jonathan MUST run for President and WILL WIN. If you like accept or not you have no choice. As for Subsidy, i no blame you, na your ignorance de worry you. Instead of you to educate yourself on the economic implication of importing a commodity and Government spending trillions to subsidize, you are here doing your masters Job by displaying your ignorance. If Apc like let them field buhari,mohamed,satan or bin laden, GEJ will still win landslide.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Midterm Report – Updates by Orikinla(m): 4:34pm On Jun 01, 2013
[size=18pt]Mid-term report, a compendium of errors!

President Goodluck Jonathan marked the second year of his administration on Wednesday. He used the opportunity of the day that has come to be known as Democracy Day in Nigeria to present his mid-term report to Nigerians at an elaborate event held under tight security at the International Conference Centre, Abuja.

His two-year achievements were listed in a 234-page glossy book tagged, ‘The mid-term report of the transformation agenda (2011-2013)’. The book was formally presented by Jonathan before past Nigerian leaders, top government officials and friends of the country among others. Copies were distributed to all those in attendance.

The embarrassing thing about this document is that it is riddled with errors, mostly typographical. One expected that those who produced such an important national document would have been thorough in their work. They did not do this and it is rubbing off on the President of the most populous black nation who appended his signature on the book.[/size]

Read more on http://www.punchng.com/columnists/aso-rock-lens-columnists/patience-jonathans-unique-definition-of-democracy/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nassarawa Presidential Election Results - Premium Times / Senate Has Recalled Ali Ndume Following Court Order / Reno Omokri Advises Fayose Not To Leave PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.