Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,928 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital (19198 Views)

Uncompleted Two Wing Duplex With (C Of O ) For Sale.(pictures) / 4-Bedroom Duplex & Two 3-Bedroom Flats At Idimu For Sale / 4 Blocks Of Uncompleted Two Bedroom En-suite Flats N7milliom (wow) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by scrollmeout(m): 11:00am On Jan 03, 2015
Dr/Engineer Helpee,

helpee:
Happy new year !!!

Good day to you. I have been a silent but avid follower of your thread from inception. I rejoice with you on the completion of your hospital and duplex. I noticed the leap from September update to this completion picture. I am about to start a project myself this year by God's grace and i would like to ask you a few questions. Can i send you a mail please? Please respond to my email address: scrollmein@yahoo.com. Thank you
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by Graceovereffort(f): 12:24pm On May 13, 2015
Doc,good day. Congrats on dis great acheivement. pls regards to stucco and spartini paints, whats their difference in terms of price,quality,durability and otherwise. thanks
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 6:38am On May 17, 2015
Graceovereffort:
Doc,good day. Congrats on dis great acheivement. pls regards to stucco and spartini paints, whats their difference in terms of price,quality,durability and otherwise. thanks
so sorry I got this late. Both are a bit more expensive than conventional paint but most people that patronise us are always attracted to that wall. It is like a magnet....everybody will always want to touch it. Out of everything we use for the house the best decision we took was that paint. It is so unique and I stopped giving out the number of the painters cos if everybody start doing it, it will lose the appeal. So go for it. People will talk about it. Stucco is so smooth if feels exactly like glass if you touch it. Both of them can be used for different patterns. Stucco is more expensive than spartini but spartini could be more beautiful and last longer but with rough surface. Stucco is not good for too much traffic. Both can be cleaned out with common foam and water. For a private property, use Stucco for sitting room, spartini for stairways. Like I said, can be very expensive, but I didn't regret it. Guess what? I even use stucco and spartini everywhere now. It is practically permanent but if you get tired of it, you can change the pattern or screed it back to white and put any paint you want but you can't remove it unless you screed it. One more advantage, it corrects every error on the wall. It is super smooth!!! My experience may be because of traffic though....we receive at least a hundred visitor everyday because it is a hospital so the paint added prestige to our business. people are competing for admission because of the beauty(LOL)....all our wards are almost always filled up
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by Graceovereffort(f): 10:14am On May 17, 2015
helpee:
so sorry I got this late. Both are a bit more expensive than conventional paint but most people that patronise us are always attracted to that wall. It is like a magnet....everybody will always want to touch it. Out of everything we use for the house the best decision we took was that paint. It is so unique and I stopped giving out the number of the painters cos if everybody start doing it, it will lose the appeal. So go for it. People will talk about it. Stucco is so smooth if feels exactly like glass if you touch it. Both of them can be used for different patterns. Stucco is more expensive than spartini but spartini could be more beautiful and last longer but with rough surface. Stucco is not good for too much traffic. Both can be cleaned out with common foam and water. For a private property, use Stucco for sitting room, spartini for stairways. Like I said, can be very expensive, but I didn't regret it. Guess what? I even use stucco and spartini everywhere now. It is practically permanent but if you get tired of it, you can change the pattern or screed it back to white and put any paint you want but you can't remove it unless you screed it. One more advantage, it corrects every error on the wall. It is super smooth!!! My experience may be because of traffic though....we receive at least a hundred visitor everyday because it is a hospital so the paint added prestige to our business. people are competing for admission because of the beauty(LOL)....all our wards are almost always filled up
Good morning doc and happy sunday to u. Happy for u that ur hospital is prospering cheesy cheesy cheesy. Thats a good one,to succeed in our endeavours. Congrats. and thank u for being soo detailed in ur reply. pls can u include their difference in price. secondly can one get it any where and is there possibilies of fake out there? Thank u
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by doctokwus: 7:08pm On Apr 01, 2016
helpee:
Sent u a email,pls reply.Its a bit urgent,and nid your guide from your own experience on something related to hosp.
Would derail this thread and risk ban if I post here
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 8:04pm On Jul 28, 2017
Back to site. I have this plot in a well developed area of alimoso. I want to build 7 flats of 2 bedroom each. A build to let project. I want to build on my previous experience in self supervision. Everything is set for foundation. I already built a 3 bedroom BQ on the property. Some family members are living there so I have a 24hr policing on site. I am buying all materials myself. I have professionals too but I am the site manager. Wish me happy building experience

1 Like

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 8:20pm On Jul 28, 2017
Earlier pix

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 8:23pm On Jul 28, 2017
I bought half ton of 16mm, half ton of 12mm, 20 dozens of 10mm ring, two loads of stonedust, one sharp sand, one granite, one dull/plaster and 1000 blocks of 9 inches block on site even before pegging.
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 8:31pm On Jul 28, 2017
The bricklayet gave me his bill as stated below for the ist stage..
Setting out_ 50k
Digging- 110k
Blinding- 135k
Setting of block- 250k
Casting of short pillars- 35k
Gérman floor- 150k
Filling of foundation- 40k
Digging of soakway- 150k
Setting and plastering soakaway- 110k
Total- 1030000

I laughed in Chinese and came to look for adulwastex analysis....hope I got his moniker right. I used his analysis to create my own bill and told the bricklayet that was my final answer. I will post how I did my own calculations now
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by mufutau55(m): 8:35pm On Jul 28, 2017
helpee:
Back to site. I have this plot in a well developed area of alimoso. I want to build 7 flats of 2 bedroom each. A build to let project. I want to build on my previous experience in self supervision. Everything is set for foundation. I already built a 3 bedroom BQ on the property. Some family members are living there so I have a 24hr policing on site. I am buying all materials myself. I have professionals too but I am the site manager. Wish me happy building experience

Welcome back... with your past experience and how well you did on that; you will surely do better in this project. Good luck and we shall be lurking around to monitor the progress. But keep in mind, prices of materials are not same as before anymore o; ridiculously high now. Peace!

Hajji M.
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 8:53pm On Jul 28, 2017
This is my own calculations using adulwastex idea..
1)SETTING OUT...25K

2)Digging......total perimeter 260.1
Depth 2 inches (600m)
Rate..250naira/m
260.1×250= 60025

3) foundation strip ( 4 inches x 18)
Volume of concrete 0.1×0.45×260= 11.7mm3
I put my own rate at 3500 naira/mm3= 40950

4) block SETTING
260.1×0.6×10= 1560 blocks
At 50 naira per block= 78000

5) filling of foundation= 25000

6) German floor
DPC=75mm= 0.75×195= 14.625
At 3500/mm= 14.625× 3500= 51100

7) casting of 33 short pillars at 500= 16000
Soaked @ 40k per pair × 2= 80k.

Total ( without SETTING of soakaway and it's plastering) = 379, 975.

The above calculations actually meant nothing to me but the bricklayet thought an engineer gave me the breakdown. I just followed how adulwastex did his analysis and used it to manipulate my own. Na so the builder just dey look me. I will post the plan soon
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 8:54pm On Jul 28, 2017
mufutau55:

Welcome back... with your past experience and how well you did on that; you will surely do better in this project. Good luck and we shall be lurking around to monitor the progress. But keep in mind, prices of materials are not same as before anymore o; ridiculously high now. Peace!

Hajji M.
this big boss. With the little materials bought already, I am learning the hard way that everything is on the high side. But we have no option. We will wether the storm in sha Allah
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by mufutau55(m): 9:08pm On Jul 28, 2017
helpee:
this big boss. With the little materials bought already, I am learning the hard way that everything is on the high side. But we have no option. We will wether the storm in sha Allah

True o, brother. We shall make it In-sha-Allah o. Welcome back.

Hajji M.
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by kopell: 10:48pm On Jul 28, 2017
helpee:
Welcome back oh DOCTOR /BUILDING ENGINEER. I no blame you jare, you prove them wrong before. So will it be again, hoya go let go. But wait 7 flats of 2 bedrooms, how many floors? if na 2 to 3 floors please get professionals because of all the technicality. You may be in charge of all your purchases, but for building codes and others technical know how. In my opinion you will need those guys .
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by kopell: 11:06pm On Jul 28, 2017
helpee:
I beg how far is this your land from that high tension cable above? I just the fear radiation of those cable ni o.
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 2:05am On Jul 29, 2017
kopell:
Welcome back oh DOCTOR /BUILDING ENGINEER. I no blame you jare, you prove them wrong before. So will it be again, hoya go let go. But wait 7 flats of 2 bedrooms, how many floors? if na 2 to 3 floors please get professionals because of all the technicality. You may be in charge of all your purchases, but for building codes and others technical know how. In my opinion you will need those guys .
tnks bro. I am only managing the site. I will leave the technicalities to professional engineers and I will update them here as work is progressing. I will not cut cost to compromise quality only to eliminate waste
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 2:08am On Jul 29, 2017
kopell:
I beg how far is this your land from that high tension cable above? I just the fear radiation of those cable ni o.
quite a long distance. I think the camera brought it close. It is a completely free land with c of o already under processing. Tnks for the observation. Apart from radiation, it is generally not safe traversing the law as it relates to proximity of residential plots to high tension cable

1 Like

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by kopell: 10:15pm On Jul 29, 2017
Helpee. Coincidentally its seems you're more active in politics section than properties section.
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 8:32pm On Aug 01, 2017
kopell:
Helpee. Coincidentally its seems you're more active in politics section than properties section.
lol. You know buhari is on sabbatical so we all have to be up and doing
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 8:34pm On Aug 01, 2017
Randomn pictures

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 8:38am On Aug 03, 2017
Random pix

1 Like

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 3:25pm On Aug 04, 2017
Slow pace of work......rain rain rain

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 8:31am On Aug 12, 2017
Random pix

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by TCD: 9:48am On Aug 14, 2017
@helpee

Great Job doc.

that land what is its dimensions, looks larger than a plot.

Please how much did it cost you to get the land in that area including all the government fees and all?
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 6:04pm On Aug 14, 2017
TCD:
@helpee

Great Job doc.

that land what is its dimensions, looks larger than a plot.

Please how much did it cost you to get the land in that area including all the government fees and all?
thanks bro. I actually bought the land without c of o. It is more than one plot in dimensions. I paid 10million for the plot, omonile collected 1.5million which covers omonile receipt, agreement and money for constriction works ( foundation, decking and roofing inclusive) C of o under processing. Awaiting publication. So far ive spent 300k on the c of o, govt fees inclusive...you know the actual amount on omonile receipt is lesser than the actual purchase price. I did the fencing myself. There was a room and palor BQ x 2 on it when i bought it. I converted to a standard 3 bedroom flat BQ which is the building in the background. So far so good on the various cost of securing the land and taking possession
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 6:09pm On Aug 14, 2017
We are digging two septic tank(10×10) and two water waste in order to get materials for filling instead of buying sand filling . One is fully dug. They are on the second one. We should be able to start sandfilling fully by wednesday when the two septic tanks are ready
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 6:16pm On Aug 14, 2017
Randomn pix

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 6:18pm On Aug 14, 2017
Pix

1 Like

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 7:10pm On Aug 18, 2017
The digging of the two septic tank in search of filling sand took some time away from rounding up the foundation. However it is worth it since we no longer need to buy any filling sand whatsoever so at least some money saved. We should start casting the DPC tommorrow.

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 7:52pm On Aug 22, 2017
We are more than half way through with the foundation and german floor. One major hindrance was space....we offloaded materials on part of the wall line so we couldnt dig the entire foundation at once . We had to finish using the materials first before digging the remaining walls .
Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 7:54pm On Aug 22, 2017
Update pix

Re: Reconstruction Of An Uncompleted Two 3 Bedroom To A Duplex Plus Hospital by helpee(m): 7:56pm On Aug 22, 2017
The part of the foundation that is left which was initially occupied by materials

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Follow Me To Thank God / Two-Storey Building Collapses In Ijegun, Lagos (Video) / Cost Of Fencing 2 Standard Plots Of Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.