Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,279 members, 7,815,471 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) (29246 Views)

Fashola Hands Over 16 Newly Constructed Roads In Mushin. PICS. / Pictures Of The Newly Constructed Benin-ore-shagamu Road / Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Nobody: 8:19pm On May 29, 2013
Billyonaire: Chill out bro, dont always take things personal. You are old enough to father most Nairalanders, so you need to always focus on thread and keep your sentiments out of the equation. You, my friend, need more education on behaviorism, Mannerism and Truthology. That bridge is NOT good enough for the Tax Payers of Oyo State. That, my friend, is the truth.

Pls don't take ds too personal but is your father paying tax in OYO? If not can you kindly show us which state your father hails from and what the governor of dt state is doing with your father's money!

1 Like

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Garrithe1st: 8:22pm On May 29, 2013
payless:

This is not a modern designed bridge. It looks unappealing and old fashioned to me. It's not well paved if you look at the first picture.

If this was an exam, I'll say ur answer is OP (Out of Point). You've got urself a CO (Carry-Over). Read my post again, try to understand it, if you can't understand it, ask someone to explain it to you.

If you do all you can and still don't get it, don't bother replying.

Thanks.

Garri the 1st:

Can you substantiate ur claim above??

What do you mean by eyesore??

Is it structurally deficient or aesthetically unappealing??

In very specific terms, WHY DO YOU THINK THE BRIDGE IS AN EYESORE??

*Waiting*
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by OneNaira6: 8:22pm On May 29, 2013
choi yoruba people na wa for una ooo. You people are always quick to mouth off and ridicule others and when other's replicate the behavior, tears don full una eyes and una go tribal. choi. dis kain cry babying ooo? na wa ooo. The same set that bombarded the enugu airport thread yelling at SE not to accept mediocre product even though the airport was still in construction, now all of a sudden don't want to take similar advise. if that bridge cost 2.2 billion dollars then the governor got some explaining to do or better yet all this giving the contract to foreigners is stupid. Those foreigners dey play everyone wayo that is if governor's aren't stealing the money. For this bridge, i give 15 or 20 years maximum.

Since people can't make a suggestion on any SW thread without accusation of jealousy and tribal jargon thrown at people, make i waka oo. billionyaire, you damn funny btw. anyway apologize jor. The way they insulting everyone left and right, tears full am eyes, just apologize.

2 Likes

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Nobody: 8:25pm On May 29, 2013
lovejo:

Is that bridge open to heavy lorry also, check page 1 as i told you, i'm not against this project, i made it in Ibadan and Ibadan is my home but I can't just because of that not to say my opinion.
Government need critics and i'm not a critics, i'm given my opinion and my opinion is not paramount.

You don't know anything about the said bridge and you're talking! The least you can know is that heavy trucks are barred from taking the bridge. Did you witness the construction? No, but still you say the bridge is not up to par! Is your phone a diagnostic x ray vision, spirit foretelling phone? How did you know its not up to standard from mere looking at the pictures?

If the flyover had been double lane now, it would have met all your standards? Sebi? Olodo upon 20!

3 Likes

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Gbawe: 8:31pm On May 29, 2013
django1:

You don't know anything about the said bridge and you're talking! The least you can know is that heavy trucks are barred from taking the bridge. Did you witness the construction? No, but still you say the bridge is not up to par! Is your phone a diagnostic x ray vision, spirit foretelling phone? How did you know its not up to standard from mere looking at the pictures?

If the flyover had been double lane now, it would have met all your standards? Sebi? Olodo upon 20!

I wonder OOOO. Same as how Nigerians will look at a lean man/woman, fit and with optimal BMI, to say he/she is "unhealthy. Yet they will adjudge the obese and rotund man/woman, perhaps the next serious exertion away from a heart attack, as "healthy and glowing". What a nation. What a people and what a long way we have to go.

1 Like

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Nobody: 8:35pm On May 29, 2013
ngozievergreen: Ibadan no try as per capital at all, most of d private houses are miserably and sad looking.

Lemme not talk abt dat bridge cos these tribalists have not travelled

Lol! Ngozi you don carry your aproko reach here again? Na wa for you o.

Where you dey stay sef? I hope say no be lagos!

1 Like

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Garrithe1st: 8:42pm On May 29, 2013
DP
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Garrithe1st: 8:43pm On May 29, 2013
One_Naira: Since people can't make a suggestion on any SW thread without accusation of jealousy and tribal jargon thrown at people, make i waka oo.

Abeg waka fast fast!!

Go give ur suggestions to ur Biafran Governors.

They need it more!!

cheesy cheesy
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Charles1234: 8:54pm On May 29, 2013
DrummaBoy: Well, the much publicized newly constructed Mokola (Ibadan, Oyo state) bridge is billed for opening today.

This NLander took time off to takes photo shots of the new bridge prior to its commissioning

Ajumose gbo gbo wa ni O

Oyo oni baje O... Ibadan oni to shi O
I think the quality of work is not that so good but this is something atleast//this are some bridges in Akwa Ibom

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Perkinz: 8:57pm On May 29, 2013
This is a good one, more power to your elbow. we want more and jobs too.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Charles1234: 8:58pm On May 29, 2013
Charles1234:
I think the quality of work is not that so good but this is something atleast//this are some bridges in Akwa Ibom

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Charles1234: 9:01pm On May 29, 2013
[quote author=Charles1234][/quote]

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by strangest(m): 9:22pm On May 29, 2013
Its not about pdp, can, apc, apga or kkk... Who wants to work, will work definitely... I just pray that the parties will start removing those that don't want to work

1 Like

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by dayokanu(m): 9:26pm On May 29, 2013
django1:

Pls don't take ds too personal but is your father paying tax in OYO? If not can you kindly show us which state your father hails from and what the governor of dt state is doing with your father's money!

People like that are usually ashamed of their home state.

Soon he would claim he is from lagos

1 Like

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by agabaI23(m): 9:36pm On May 29, 2013
I passed by this overhead bridge in October when it was still under construction.

They have progressed well.
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Nobody: 9:37pm On May 29, 2013
Garri the 1st:

If this was an exam, I'll say ur answer is OP (Out of Point). You've got urself a CO (Carry-Over). Read my post again, try to understand it, if you can't understand it, ask someone to explain it to you.

If you do all you can and still don't get it, don't bother replying.

Thanks.

It is not my style to have conversation with an angry individual on the internet. You seem to be very angry for whatever reason. The architect who came up with that design should realise we are no more in the 70s. The design of that bridge is not what is expected from architects who know we are no more in the 20th century. The architect who designed the bridge is architecturally inept to come up with that design. I don't know how many bridges you have seen in your life but I guess not a lot. My advice to you is to travel to Lagos and see the design of bridges being built in Lagos by Fashola compare to what Ajimobi just did. Ajimobi has been a very good Governor so far but he goofed on this one.

I don't live in Nigeria and I know a flawed or flawless designed bridge when I see one. The paving of that bridge is not smooth and I have to say it is one of the worst I have ever seen constructed.

Would you like me to post some pictures of well designed bridges for you to see?

5 Likes

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by cjrane: 9:49pm On May 29, 2013
Wow! Ibadan, Oni baje ooooo!!!!!!! grin

Ajimobi, thumbs up oooooo!
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by DrummaBoy(m): 10:14pm On May 29, 2013
Sorry guys. Been occupied all day. Actually religion section is my thing; only popped into politics to post this. But let me try and some questions directed @ me and other issues

1. Word was around town that the bridge was to be commissioned today but apparently it seem work is still in progress. It will be commissioned b4 week ends.

2. As per being narrow. True. But it seem that is the only way to accommodate the structures around without demolishing

3. The 2.2 billion is only one person's word on it. Last I heard it was to cost less than a billion

4. The quality of the bridge cannot be appreciated from those photos except U see it live

5. It is not right to compare Oyo with Akwa Ibom. Oyo receives 3 billion monthly. Akwa Ibom receive no less than 10 billion. And Oyo has to cater for a larger population and larger work force.

Ibadan people are really excited bout the bridge. This is a lot better than a gov' who spend state money on drinks

4 Likes

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Nobody: 10:17pm On May 29, 2013
Afam4eva: I remember how dirty and unkempt that bridge was a few years back. I'll have to commend the governor on this.
Which bridge?
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by otokx(m): 10:27pm On May 29, 2013
if the bridge crosses no water then its a flyover.
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Garrithe1st: 10:28pm On May 29, 2013
payless:

It is not my style to have conversation with an angry individual on the internet. You seem to be very angry for whatever reason. The architect who came up with that design should realise we are no more in the 70s. The design of that bridge is not what is expected from architects who know we are no more in the 20th century. The architect who designed the bridge is architecturally inept to come up with that design. I don't know how many bridges you have seen in your life but I guess not a lot. My advice to you is to travel to Lagos and see the design of bridges being built in Lagos by Fashola compare to what Ajimobi just did. Ajimobi has been a very good Governor so far but he goofed on this one.

I don't live in Nigeria and I know a flawed or flawless designed bridge when I see one. The paving of that bridge is not smooth and I have to say it is one of the worst I have ever seen constructed.

Would you like me to post some pictures of well designed bridges for you to see?

Mr. Man quit moving in circles. You said the bridge is an "eyesore". My question is:

What makes it an eyesore??

To assist you I gave you 2 options, namely;

1. The bridge isn't structurally sound.

2. The bridge is aesthetically unappealing.

It's obvious from ur comment that ur concern isn't about the structural integrity of the bridge but its "old design".

My question is: Shouldn't you be more concerned about the FUNCTIONALITY of the said bridge??

P.S. Let's see ur well-designed bridges (Pls let's see Nigerian pics and not those "google-searched-images" of foreign bridges). Also try to find out their costs as well..

1 Like

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Ifecoded(m): 10:34pm On May 29, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Is it just me or did any other person notice that the quality of the bridge appears to be poor and seems like something that could collapse in no distant time. Can the bridge be compared to this one in Akwa Ibom state?
we re nt askin u to provide the pic of d best flyova in ur state nau, wy d compare and contrast. Abeg! Am sure dat's d best in ur state. I dey pity you o Hmmmm, sorry o. Jejeelogø.
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Nobody: 10:45pm On May 29, 2013
lovejo:

I think the contract is around 970m Naira, but I can't matched that to the book value because it was awarded directly by the governor to himself and sold it out.
Imagine! awarded directly by the governor to himself!? how do you know that?
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Charles1234: 10:53pm On May 29, 2013
[quote author=Charles1234][/quote] another pics

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by mrofficial(m): 10:53pm On May 29, 2013
Nice bridge.
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by DrummaBoy(m): 10:56pm On May 29, 2013
Thanks otokx, I have effected the correction
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Nobody: 10:58pm On May 29, 2013
Charles1234: another pics

You don't seem to get it, do you?

This mokola flyover is in the center of ibadan, I hope you understand what that means!

This uyo flyover is located in a developing area, bounded by no structures.
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Charles1234: 11:12pm On May 29, 2013
Charles1234: another pics

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Charles1234: 11:21pm On May 29, 2013
django1:

You don't seem to get it, do you?

This mokola flyover is in the center of ibadan, I hope you understand what that means!

This uyo flyover is located in a developing area, bounded by no structures.
hey man i understand you perfectly but i will like to say i don't agree with your point.My reasons are this fly overs in uyo where all resident area that had to be brought down so as to build a quality structure and they were all build in this present Governor Akpabio.. I think if Ibadan most have quality structures then alot of those house around this area has to go and secondly there will always be need for expansion,if you look under the Ibadan flyover in pics is like a market square,it does not matter if the flyover was there 50 years ago,there something in engineering will call remodeling..if you know Uyo 5 years ago,You will describe it as a village.this fly over in Ibadan in the tread is not a standard structural engineering job.

1 Like

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by OsunOriginal: 12:06am On May 30, 2013
South West is delivering dividends of democracy through ACN (APC). I pity those villagers in SE/SS still languishing under pdp rule.

Join APC today and get liberated...
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Okijajuju: 12:32am On May 30, 2013
One lane flyover?! shocked

In 2013!? shocked

Utter nonsense.. Any Rivers inhabitant will tell you how stupid it is to be building such. It's like the government has no real projection of growth for the city. All the one lane flyovers built by Odili in Rivers State are all nuisances.

I'm sorry, but I'm not impressed at all..

#ThumbsDown

1 Like

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by RedReact: 12:38am On May 30, 2013
Charles1234:
hey man i understand you perfectly but i will like to say i don't agree with your point.My reasons are this fly overs in uyo where all resident area that had to be brought down so as to build a quality structure and they were all build in this present Governor Akpabio.. I think if Ibadan most have quality structures then alot of those house around this area has to go and secondly there will always be need for expansion,if you look under the Ibadan flyover in pics is like a market square,it does not matter if the flyover was there 50 years ago,there something in engineering will call remodeling..if you know Uyo 5 years ago,You will describe it as a village.this fly over in Ibadan in the tread is not a standard structural engineering job.
That area isn't sparsely structured as you may it. If they embarked on demolition, it's going to cost more for the government; except it's been handled by the FG. The problem is lack of blueprint for our cities, as structures were just erected without future considerations in view, hence the making it a little bit tedious for future expansion as what you have there in the pictures you posted. The Molete flyover is just like the ones you posted up here and that's because that place is very spacious and sparcely populated as at the time of its construction. Except a civil engineer proves other way round, I want to believe that this Mokola flyover is what could have been done without causing demolition.
The flyover might not be aesthetically appealing, but it's structurally okay. For the guy calling it Amala bridge, kindly take your private jet or chooper and tour the bridge and see for yourself whether what was done was a shabby work or a standard one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Navy Warship Arrives Nigeria From China / King Sunny Ade's Radio Station M&C 106.5Fm Launched, Mimiko In Attendance / Ango Abdullahi: North May Keep Presidency For 100 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.