Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) (29245 Views)

Fashola Hands Over 16 Newly Constructed Roads In Mushin. PICS. / Pictures Of The Newly Constructed Benin-ore-shagamu Road / Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Charles1234: 12:57am On May 30, 2013
RedReact:
That area isn't sparsely structured as you may it. If they embarked on demolition, it's going to cost more for the government; except it's been handled by the FG. The problem is lack of blueprint for our cities, as structures were just erected without future considerations in view, hence the making it a little bit tedious for future expansion as what you have there in the pictures you posted. The Molete flyover is just like the ones you posted up here and that's because that place is very spacious and sparcely populated as at the time of its construction. Except a civil engineer proves other way round, I want to believe that this Mokola flyover is what could have been done without causing demolition.
The flyover might not be aesthetically appealing, but it's structurally okay. For the guy calling it Amala bridge, kindly take your private jet or chooper and tour the bridge and see for yourself whether what was done was a shabby work or a standard one.
I agree with you but you need to understand that this Area of the bridge you just saw about Uyo was a busy market there wasn't any road network or any infrastruture,I think Ibadan is a very big city or maga city so for the beauty to come out i still believe that houses need to go to make way for infrastruction.Government has to compensate affected victim who land or houses will be affected.let me use this for example,the lagos state blue line rail that that is being build in along badagry express way in Lagos state today and i believe once completed alot of people will not believe that that route was a conjested place in the past but once completed it will reducted the traffic and so on and landscape will be relaxing to your viewing .
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by bobthebuilder99(m): 1:26am On May 30, 2013
The South West and the South East are always competing for development. (Even thought the South East always loses).

What about the rest of Nigeria? Have they just given up hope?

2 Likes

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by lovejo(m): 2:57am On May 30, 2013
django1:

You don't know anything about the said bridge and you're talking! The least you can know is that heavy trucks are barred from taking the bridge. Did you witness the construction? No, but still you say the bridge is not up to par! Is your phone a diagnostic x ray vision, spirit foretelling phone? How did you know its not up to standard from mere looking at the pictures?

If the flyover had been double lane now, it would have met all your standards? Sebi? Olodo upon 20!

Maybe you don't know i live in Ibadan also and i was in Ibadan in December and January, i'm not a politician and i'm not making judgment base on the picture here, in December there was a GP water thank on bridge, so you can know I'm frequent at the construction site. You speak base on your exposure and it will be very hard to convince a monkey, that there are other food better than banana.
Just try and go on vacation in a nice place within the country or outside and see a better work.
Molete bridge was built perfectly in the 80's and Ajimobi copied 1980 project in 2013 and fail woefully, i'm not been sentimental, i hardly post here to argue but when it comes to Ibadan, which is my home i need to say my mind.

2 Likes

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Nobody: 3:04am On May 30, 2013
lovejo:

Maybe you don't know i live in Ibadan also and i was in Ibadan in December and January, i'm not a politician and i'm not making judgment base on the picture here, in December there was a GP water thank on bridge, so you can know I'm frequent at the construction site. You speak base on your exposure and it will be very hard to convince a monkey, that there are other food better than banana.
Just try and go on vacation in a nice place within the country or outside and see a better work.
Molete bridge was built perfectly in the 80's and Ajimobi copied 1980 project in 2013 and fail woefully, i'm not been sentimental, i hardly post here to argue but when it comes to Ibadan, which is my home i need to say my mind.

Ajimobi has been a good Governor so far but he goofed on this horrible bridge. The architect who designed the bridge is architecturally inept. If I hadn't been told the bridge was just commissioned, I would have thought the bridge was built 20-30 years ago. This one way bridge is not up to good standard.

2 Likes

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by EkoIle1: 3:09am On May 30, 2013
payless:

[s]Ajimobi has been a good Governor so far but he goofed on this horrible bridge. The architect who designed the bridge is architecturally inept. If I hadn't been told the bridge was just commissioned, I would have thought the bridge was built 20-30 years ago. This one way bridge is not up to good standard. [/s]

Is this a bridge YES or NO?

YES-

Is this bridge functional or not?

YES-

So your endless rubbish about aesthetics remains redundant and irrelevant..
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Nobody: 3:22am On May 30, 2013
Eko Ile:

Is this a bridge YES or NO?

YES-

Is this bridge functional or not?

YES-

So your endless rubbish about aesthetics remains redundant and irrelevant..

You are the one writing rubbish here. If this bridge was constructed in a place like Anambra or Enugu, you would have been here all day lambasting the people from SE. Now that a 20th century design of a bridge was just commissioned by a Governor from our side, it is wrong to point out if anything wrong with it. You seem to be an hypocrite and you cannot have it both ways. I am Yoruba but I can't celebrate mediocrity. I repeat, Ajimobi goofed on this bridge. Would this bridge be acceptable to Fashola in Lagos State? The answer is absolutely no.

It is people like you that polarized Nigeria to the extent that ethnic favoritism has hindered the way some of you reason these days.

7 Likes

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by EkoIle1: 3:31am On May 30, 2013
payless:

You are the one writing rubbish here. If this bridge was constructed in a place like Anambra or Enugu, you would have been here all day lambasting the people from SE. [s]Now that a 20th century design of a bridge was just commissioned by a Governor from our side, it is wrong to point out if anything wrong with it. You seem to be an hypocrite and you cannot have it both ways. I am Yoruba but I can't celebrate mediocrity. I repeat, Ajimobi goofed on this bridge. Would this bridge be acceptable to Fashola in Lagos State? The answer is absolutely no.

It is people like you that polarized Nigeria to the extent that ethnic favoritism has hindered the way some of you reason these days.[/s]

Curb your tribal worries, I care less about some fantasy village bridge that after 30 years of begging, it's still in the begging begging bambiala stage and probably remain there for another 30 years..

Keep quiet jare....
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by airmark(m): 3:37am On May 30, 2013
A case of half-a-loaf is better than none.
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Nobody: 3:40am On May 30, 2013
Eko Ile:

Curb your tribal worries, I care less about some fantasy village bridge that after 30 years of begging, it's still in the begging begging bambiala stage...

Keep quiet jare....

You are finally showing your true color by taking offence to criticism of a Governor from SW. You don't see anything great thing being done by any other ethnic groups in Nigeria. You can't have it both ways.

2 Likes

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by EkoIle1: 4:08am On May 30, 2013
payless:

You are finally showing your true color by taking offence to criticism of a Governor from SW. You don't see anything great thing being done by any other ethnic groups in Nigeria. You can't have it both ways.

You are not offering any criticism because your noise has nothing to do with the stated intentions of the builders and the bridge itself.

The bridge was designed and built to ferry human traffic, goods and services and correct traffic challenges, not to cater to your frivolous, trivial nonsense and preference about looks. All that redundant nonsense has nothing to do with productivity and functionality.

Find something better to cry about joo..

3 Likes

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Nobody: 4:25am On May 30, 2013
Eko Ile:

You are not offering any criticism because your noise has nothing to do with the stated intentions of the builders and the bridge itself.

The bridge was designed and built to ferry human traffic, goods and services and correct traffic challenges, not to cater to your frivolous, trivial nonsense and preference about looks. All that redundant nonsense has nothing to do with productivity and functionality.

Find something better to cry about joo..

Oniranu! I have to say your reasoning has been beclouded by ethnic bigotry. Imagine what you would have said if that bridge was commissioned by a Governor from SE. Would you be saying the same nonsense? You have just confirmed your ethnic bigotry here.

They call you ethnic bigot and you are behaving like one. I have no time for a bigot like you.

4 Likes

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by EkoIle1: 4:37am On May 30, 2013
payless: [img]

Oniranu! I have to say your reasoning has been beclouded by ethnic bigotry. Imagine what you would have said if that bridge was commissioned by a Governor from SE. Would you be saying the same nonsense? You have just confirmed your ethnic bigotry here.

They call you ethnic bigot and you are behaving like one. I have no time for a bigot like you.[/img]

Your dumb ass is sadly too tribally consumed hence your silly fixations on tribalism.

The bridge was built for the good people of Oyo state to move them back n forth and transport goods and services, not to cater to your foolishness on NL so STFU..

1 Like

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Nobody: 4:42am On May 30, 2013
Eko Ile:

Your dumb ass is sadly too tribally consumed hence your silly fixations on tribalism.

The bridge was built for the good people of Oyo state to move them back n forth and transport goods and services, not to cater to your foolishness on NL so STFU..

Continue quacking like a duck. To h.ell with all the bigots.

3 Likes

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by EkoIle1: 4:45am On May 30, 2013
payless:

[s]Continue quacking like a duck. To h.ell with all the bigots.[/s]

3 Likes

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by TheBookWorm: 4:50am On May 30, 2013
Maybe you all should not blame the governor, and place the blame on the contractor who took his money and gave him a subpar structure. cry
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Garrithe1st: 4:58am On May 30, 2013
payless:

Continue quacking like a duck. To h.ell with all the bigots.

Sadly you are the one "quacking" here.

You called the bridge an EYESORE and when called to substantiate ur claim you start "porting" from pillar to post, dancing "kirikata" in circles.
Noun

eyesore - something very ugly and offensive

ugliness - qualities of appearance that do not give pleasure to the senses

eyesore

noun ⁠mess, blight, blot, blemish, sight (informal), horror, disgrace, atrocity, ugliness, monstrosity, disfigurement

E.g. Slums are an eyesore and a health hazard

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx?rd=1&word=eyesore

In design, the 1st consideration is functionality, not aesthetics. Sadly, you've failed to sufficiently point out possible deficiencies in the bridge that might make it not able to carry out its function.

Lastly, I agree you have the right to criticize, but such criticism should be based on facts, not ur "feelings".

Meanwhile you're yet to produce the pics of "well-designed" Nigerian bridges.

Peace yo!!

cool

3 Likes

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Nobody: 4:58am On May 30, 2013
TheBookWorm: Maybe you all should not blame the governor, and place the blame on the contractor who took his money and gave him a subpar structure. cry

An engineer from Oyo State government should have monitored the project. The contractor did a deservice to the people of Oyo Sate. I doubt sub-standard project as that would have been accepted by Fashola.

2 Likes

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Nobody: 5:01am On May 30, 2013
Garri the 1st:

Sadly you are the one "quacking" here.

You called the bridge an EYESORE and when called to substantiate ur claim you start "porting" from pillar to post, dancing "kirikata" in circles.

In design, the 1st consideration is functionality, not aesthetics. Sadly, you've failed to sufficiently point out possibly deficiencies in the bridge that might make it not able to carry out its function.

Lastly, I agree you have the right to criticize, but such criticism should be based on facts, not ur "feelings".

Meanwhile you're yet to produce the pics of "well-designed" Nigerian bridges.

Peace yo!!

cool

I did point it out but sadly you didn't hear what you liked to hear from me. I repeat, the architect who designed it and the engineer who built it did a bad job. You should look at what Fashola is doing in Lagos compare to the crap given to Ajimobi as bridge.

1 Like

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by lagcity(m): 5:09am On May 30, 2013
Cynic: Is the structure sturdy and safe?

Ibadan people: Yep

Cynic: Does it ease traffic?

Ibadan people: Yep. It also eased our traffic headaches.

Cynic: Did it break the bank?

Governor: No.

Cynic: Good enough for me. Fvck off Haterz!

5 Likes

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Garrithe1st: 5:13am On May 30, 2013
payless:

I did point it out but sadly you didn't hear what you liked to hear from me. I repeat, the architect who designed it and the engineer who built it did a bad job. You should look at what Fashola is doing in Lagos compare to the crap given to Ajimobi as bridge.

How did they do a bad job??

That's the question you've failed to answer.

I'd suggest you ask any friend around you who knows a thing or two about civil or structural engineering so you can get some enlightenment on the design of that bridge and possible considerations that necessitated the design and structure it has.

If you can't specifically say why the bridge is CRAP, an EYESORE or a "BAD JOB", then I dare say ur criticism is W O R T H L E S S and PURE BUNKUM.

1 Like

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Reppin9Ja: 6:17am On May 30, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy[b]Na wa ooo. So make dem no go talk say Ajumobi no do anything na e make ham do this unprofessional project for him pple ni? Oh boy, see as fly over be like pedestrian bridge. In 6months? Na e dem construct this BS? Na weeks dem dey tk finish fly over for here ooooo hahahaha. Make una no blame the contractor too much cus na the funds wey dem provide na the result be this la. All the same, you try sha. Oyo o ni baje oo! grin grin grin grin[/b]
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Nobody: 6:26am On May 30, 2013
Garri the 1st:

How did they do a bad job??

That's the question you've failed to answer.

I'd suggest you ask any friend around you who knows a thing or two about civil or structural engineering so you can get some enlightenment on the design of that bridge and possible considerations that necessitated the design and structure it has.

If you can't specifically say why the bridge is CRAP, an EYESORE or a "BAD JOB", then I dare say ur criticism is W O R T H L E S S and PURE BUNKUM.

I will advice you to take a look at the bridge Fashola just commissioned in Lagos. That is the standard anyone should follow in Nigeria. Fashola has set the precedent for all Governors to follow in Nigeria.

Compare the surface of the pictures below to what Ajimobi accepted from the contractor.

Below is an acceptable standard for a bridge:

1 Like

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Garrithe1st: 6:34am On May 30, 2013
payless:

I will advice you to take a look at the bridge Fashola just commissioned in Lagos. That is the standard anyone should follow in Nigeria. Fashola has set the precedent for all Governors to follow in Nigeria.

Compare the surface of the pictures below to what Ajimobi accepted from the contractor.

Below is an acceptable standard for a bridge:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Funny dude....

Who defined that as the "acceptable standard"??

Your village chief priest....abi??

Besides are those in Nigeria??
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by rodeo0070(m): 6:49am On May 30, 2013
Una no de sleep ni...

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by anonimi: 7:15am On May 30, 2013
lagcity:
Cynic: Did it break the bank?

Governor: No.

Cynic: Good enough for me. Fvck off Haterz!

Everything in your short sketch was good until the above.
N2.2b and still counting spent for such a nawrrow bridge that has been decribed as built by "direct labour" and you said it did not break the bank

Olorun o ni je ki iya o yi mo wa l'ara o, Amin. God forbid that we rejoice over suffering (suffering & smiling), Amen

BTW, nothing as bad as self deception aka self-hatred in disguise.
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by anonimi: 7:33am On May 30, 2013
Does anyone know the lenght of the Mokola bridge

If you do or can find out, please share.
Thanks.
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Nobody: 7:41am On May 30, 2013
OsunOriginal: South West is delivering dividends of democracy through ACN (APC). I pity those villagers in SE/SS still languishing under pdp rule.

Join APC today and get liberated...

Languishing under pdp rule? As evidenced by?
Is Sullivan in APC? Wait till he finishes d PNT bridge in Enugu.
Is Akpabio APC too?
Martins Elechi is building bridges in Ebonyi villages but he is still described as under-performing, and here u are getting liberated by a bridge in your capital.
N wetin concern SE/SS for your senile bridge?

1 Like

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by blackrules1(m): 7:41am On May 30, 2013
ACN is really working.
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by thelonestranger: 7:44am On May 30, 2013
anonimi:

Does anyone know the lenght of the Mokola bridge

If you do or can find out, please share.
Thanks.

About 250 meters

1 Like

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by anonimi: 7:50am On May 30, 2013
thelonestranger:

About 250 meters

Thanks but are you sure it is only 250 metres? Not more? Not less?
Any other person can confirm or correct the 250 metres lenght
Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Nobody: 7:53am On May 30, 2013
ngozievergreen:

Languishing under pdp rule? As evidenced by?
Is Sullivan in APC? Wait till he finishes d PNT bridge in Enugu.
Is Akpabio APC too?
Martins Elechi is building bridges in Ebonyi villages but he is still described as under-performing, and here u are getting liberated by a bridge in your capital.
N wetin concern SE/SS for your senile bridge?

Are you talking about this bridge or is there another?

Re: Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) by Nobody: 8:02am On May 30, 2013
django1:

Lol! Ngozi you don carry your aproko reach here again? Na wa for you o.

Where you dey stay sef? I hope say no be lagos!

So, u didnt come for my child's dedication again? How could u have missed isi-ewu??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Navy Warship Arrives Nigeria From China / Ango Abdullahi: North May Keep Presidency For 100 Years / FG To Treat Fresh #endsars Protest As Attempt At Regime Change

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.