Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,442 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Ayobo/ipaja Road Under Construction: Is Fashola Working Or Not? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ayobo/ipaja Road Under Construction: Is Fashola Working Or Not? (14174 Views)

Ilorin-jebba Road Under Serious Construction (pictures) / Abuja Airport Road (under Construction): Pictures / The Badagry-cms Ten Lanes Road Under Construction Turns Petrol Tankers' Park! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ayobo/ipaja Road Under Construction: Is Fashola Working Or Not? by Ninilowo(m): 11:06am On Jun 01, 2013
ba7man: I don't think you're happy with this news. If you've been following the "Online politics", you would know that the past state of the road was big news and it made front page, several times. So naturally, its repair should be broadcasted too.
You are rite. Eti to gbo alo; o ye ko gbo abo.

1 Like

Re: Ayobo/ipaja Road Under Construction: Is Fashola Working Or Not? by AdekunleBalogun: 11:23am On Jun 01, 2013
I say well done to Gov. Fashola of Lagos state, but come to think of it, Fashola is not doing anybody a favour by constructing roads or building bridges. All this things are the reasons why he was elected and moreover fashola himself will use this road too, as anybody bother to ask what Fashola is doing in-terms Agriculture, telecommunication, youth empowerment, power, housing and so on. We should not just focus on one aspect and neglect others, don't get me wrong am not saying Gov. Fashola is not performing but we need to develop other sectors too.

3 Likes

Re: Ayobo/ipaja Road Under Construction: Is Fashola Working Or Not? by EkoIle1: 11:44am On Jun 01, 2013
AdekunleBalogun: I say well done to Gov. Fashola of Lagos state, but come to think of it, Fashola is not doing anybody a favour by constructing roads or building bridges. All this things are the reasons why he was elected and moreover fashola himself will use this road too, as anybody bother to ask what Fashola is doing in-terms Agriculture, telecommunication, youth empowerment, power, housing and so on. We should not just focus on one aspect and neglect others, don't get me wrong am not saying Gov. Fashola is not performing but we need to develop other sectors too.

We posted some great news about the state adopting and empowering youths just yesterday.

There are over 17 skills acquisition centers in Lagos state empowering youths with credible skills and business loans after graduation.

We have farm clusters all over Lagos state, we bought thousands of acres in Ogun and other states for farming

We just commissioned a 20,000 ton rice mill

Lagos state Agric institute is the most functional in Nigerian next to IITA.

Though power supply is still off limits to any entity beyond the useless and incompetent FG, but Lagos state is the only government capable of guaranteeing any non stop power supply to it's institutions, public facilities and listed streets.

We just posted another great news about Lagos state giving out over 4,000 houses by the end of the year. We've build more houses than any government in the history of Nigeria.

The state has nothing to do with communications in Nigeria, that's for your worthless and incompetent FG.

Try keep up with news and current affairs..

1 Like

Re: Ayobo/ipaja Road Under Construction: Is Fashola Working Or Not? by soloyes(m): 11:55am On Jun 01, 2013
SlyIg: When did it become a big deal to construct road in this world. Must it make a NEWS?
it is worth it o! It was a renovated primary schoool tha GEJ went to commission in my state ln 2011

1 Like

Re: Ayobo/ipaja Road Under Construction: Is Fashola Working Or Not? by Hemanwel(m): 12:18pm On Jun 01, 2013
I keep wondering why Gov.Fashola has never been nominated for Silverbird Man Of The Year Award - despite having some Govs as its past winners.
Or could it be that the organisers of the award have some political undertone?

1 Like

Re: Ayobo/ipaja Road Under Construction: Is Fashola Working Or Not? by EkoIle1: 12:20pm On Jun 01, 2013
Hemanwel: I keep wondering why Gov.Fashola has never been nominated for Silverbird Man Of The Year Award - despite having some Govs as its past winners.
Or could it be that the organisers of the award have some political undertone?

That's all....

1 Like

Re: Ayobo/ipaja Road Under Construction: Is Fashola Working Or Not? by nusdog: 12:25pm On Jun 01, 2013
phurlabby: [color=#990000][/color]

Actually, the word is Comprenez, moreover there's no such thing as "comprenez?" it's either Comprenez vous? Or Comprends-tu?

Would you Just shut up!?

Is the word strictly french?
Re: Ayobo/ipaja Road Under Construction: Is Fashola Working Or Not? by WizPrince1(m): 12:26pm On Jun 01, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^They have to be 'oni baje' pics to work......the site has some juju software that can sniff out any 'bad-belle' pics! You go try taya! wink
Lol grin
Re: Ayobo/ipaja Road Under Construction: Is Fashola Working Or Not? by ballabriggs: 12:39pm On Jun 01, 2013
You see when people talk about how much of a visionary and strategist Raji Fashola is, notice some people from a particular part of the country develop high blood pressure over it. You know why, because the leaders in their own region are totally useless. There is virtually nothing going on in their part of the country.

But my problem is, instead of being jealous and developing high blood pressure over progress, why don't you learn from what the man is doing and replicate part -even if you cannot do all- in your own region? The man has a model, a progressive model, why can't you copy? There is nothing wrong in copying something good!

2 Likes

Re: Ayobo/ipaja Road Under Construction: Is Fashola Working Or Not? by nenergy(m): 1:06pm On Jun 01, 2013
SlyIg: When did it become a big deal to construct road in this world. Must it make a NEWS?
Aren't you tired of hearing about murder,explosion and general bad news. This is good news!

1 Like

Re: Ayobo/ipaja Road Under Construction: Is Fashola Working Or Not? by phurlabby(m): 1:16pm On Jun 01, 2013
nusdog:

Would you Just shut up!?

Is the word strictly french?

My bad, I forgot "Spanish" but still no need to get vicious.
Re: Ayobo/ipaja Road Under Construction: Is Fashola Working Or Not? by adetsim(m): 2:06pm On Jun 01, 2013
mr_man: Over working sef dey worry Fashola. Eko o ni baje joor.

I like your statement, the guy is too good. He uses his political will correctly. Eko o ni baje.

1 Like

Re: Ayobo/ipaja Road Under Construction: Is Fashola Working Or Not? by adetsim(m): 2:07pm On Jun 01, 2013
nenergy:
Aren't you tired of hearing about murder,explosion and general bad news. This is good news!

You're just too good.

1 Like

Re: Ayobo/ipaja Road Under Construction: Is Fashola Working Or Not? by Mudash(m): 2:21pm On Jun 01, 2013
Na ma arena b dt õº°˚ ˚°ºõ ... We dn see hell 4 dt road 4 d past 2yrs nw, wey dn claim mani lifes.. But tnk God nw, change I̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ happn.. Eko oni baje õº°˚ ˚°ºõ

1 Like

Re: Ayobo/ipaja Road Under Construction: Is Fashola Working Or Not? by adetsim(m): 2:28pm On Jun 01, 2013
Eko Ile:

We posted some great news about the state adopting and empowering youths just yesterday.

There are over 17 skills acquisition centers in Lagos state empowering youths with credible skills and business loans after graduation.

We have farm clusters all over Lagos state, we bought thousands of acres in Ogun and other states for farming

We just commissioned a 20,000 ton rice mill

Lagos state Agric institute is the most functional in Nigerian next to IITA.

Though power supply is still off limits to any entity beyond the useless and incompetent FG, but Lagos state is the only government capable of guaranteeing any non stop power supply to it's institutions, public facilities and listed streets.

We just posted another great news about Lagos state giving out over 4,000 houses by the end of the year. We've build more houses than any government in the history of Nigeria.

The state has nothing to do with communications in Nigeria, that's for your worthless and incompetent FG.

Try keep up with news and current affairs..

I am extremely happy hearing this from you. Ni agbara Olorun Eko o ni baje. Gbogbo wa ni a o si je ere ibe. Amin.

1 Like

Re: Ayobo/ipaja Road Under Construction: Is Fashola Working Or Not? by SlyIg(f): 2:39pm On Jun 01, 2013
Eko people, i never knew its such a big deal to construct a road cos in my state, Akwa Ibom state, the roads are all constructed without them making headlines on nairaland.
So sorry about the question i raised please. You guys should know that i'm always in support of the Lasgidi things...
Re: Ayobo/ipaja Road Under Construction: Is Fashola Working Or Not? by Chariots: 2:42pm On Jun 01, 2013
This road u talked about was supposed to have been completed in December, 2012. So why the praise? They should be scolded for not doing the work on time.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Ayobo/ipaja Road Under Construction: Is Fashola Working Or Not? by EkoIle1: 2:56pm On Jun 01, 2013
SlyIg: Eko people, i never knew its such a big deal to construct a road cos in my state, Akwa Ibom state, the roads are all constructed without them making headlines on nairaland.
So sorry about the question i raised please. You guys should know that i'm always in support of the Lasgidi things...

It's a big real because NL haters made it a big deal by starting threads after threads about this road just to display their bad bele so this good news should equally be a big deal.

Btw, Lagos is not your village with a few roads in uyo and with the largest budget in Nigeria, they should be laying diamond and.gold on your streets.... But the clown don take money buy private jet and dash celebrities luxury jeeps and Dubai trips...
Re: Ayobo/ipaja Road Under Construction: Is Fashola Working Or Not? by OoduaDefence: 3:05pm On Jun 01, 2013
CyberG: Thanks OP! Always refreshing to read developments in the SW! Every week, there's something to look forward to! I wish the whole of Nigeria could be the same - us waiting with baited breath for the next project to be updated within another week or two!

Fashola is the right candidate to lead Nigeria in 2015! He has no equal in record of achievement till date! When he speaks or gives interviews, you feel so confident and relaxed as he communicates so effectively his thoughts with so much coherence! Wether North, East, South or West, there's no other politician that even comes close!

[b]That's a pipe dream,Ndigbo will never vote for progressive people like fashola. They will rather vote for Obasanjo ,Nzeribe ,Akpabio,Ameachi Jonathan and other crooks who will loot Nigeria dry. They are genetically engineered to make the wrong choices over and over again.We call it the Nigger syndrome.Just look at their choices in the last elections. They elected Okoracha who created a comedy department in his Government grin.Frankly anyone who thinks Okorocha is a great leader has an IQ below 70.Which one of the leaders in the North or the East can point to any notable achievement they have made since becoming Governor.The combined IQs of the Governors in Eastern Nigeria is below 300 and in the north is below 200.That is a clear indication of the mess this country is in.

I am not saying the western Government are fantastic ,far from it.They are however the best performing Governor and have at least achieved 5% progress in moving western Nigeria forward.There are better leaders than the current ACN and Labor Party leader currently governing over western Nigeria.I am hoping that a new party will emerge soon to take on all the existing parties.The best thing is for Nigeria to divide and every region becomes independent.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Ayobo/ipaja Road Under Construction: Is Fashola Working Or Not? by anonimi: 3:05pm On Jun 01, 2013
KwoiZabo: Kai. This road is long overdue. I passed there some mnths back and it was terrible. The Qs u shld ask urself is that with the population in the area and the traffic should it have waited 4 this long to receive govt. Attention.ppl that live in these areas and use this road pay taxes to Lagos state govt.

14 continuous, unbroken years of waiting for the "progressive" government of Tinubu and Fashola to fix the roads in the populous areas of Lagos.

You can only imagine how the old PUBLIC primary schools (LGA responsibility) and secondary schools (state responsibility) look like and whether new ones have been built to cater for the growing populationin these populous areas of the state.
Re: Ayobo/ipaja Road Under Construction: Is Fashola Working Or Not? by Godson201333(m): 3:14pm On Jun 01, 2013
Eko o ni baje oo!!

1 Like

Re: Ayobo/ipaja Road Under Construction: Is Fashola Working Or Not? by OoduaDefence: 3:27pm On Jun 01, 2013
[b]The problem with this country is that we have dumb leaders who can’t even beat a donkey in an intellectual debate. This is one of the few countries in the world where the federal Government tries it's utmost best to sabotage state Governments.

In a normal country that is run by intelligent human beings that will not be case. If I was elected at the time Jonathan was elected the first thing i would have addressed is the electricity problems by building coal and gas power plants. Enugu has abundant coal but our smart President has not thought of building coal plant. Nigeria abundant gas but building a gas plant is impossible for us. Looting though is something we are skilled at and undertake with impunity. If we could build just as well as we loot ,we will better than we are now. Another problem is the awarding contract to local incompetent companies.

If I was president I won’t award crucial contract to Nigerian companies as they will never deliver projects on time and will continue to inflate the costs of the project every 6 months. I would have sent out people to help me find competent foreign companies who have a verifiable portfolio.

I will never use Julius Berger because they are a very corrupt company who have assisted previous administrations to embezzle Govt funds by inflating contract. Instead I will start afresh and bring in at least 20 foreign construction companies so that there can be healthy competition.

Once I solve the electricity problem ,I will focus on depopulating Lagos. This can be done by building new cities. This is what china is doing at the moment to depopulate cities like Beijing. Nigeria has big coasts,State like Ondo , Ogun,Delta,Akwa Ibom have unoccupied coast where small cities can be developed. If this cities are developed with modern infrastructure ,many people and businesses will migrate from Lagos to those areas. This will reduce the strain on the Lagos Government and make lagos cleaner. It simple logic ,unfortunately we have a President who is capable of logical thinking. Jonathan is greatest mistake Nigerians have ever made and Nigerians will soon find how bad that mistake was.

My prayer is that in near future , young intelligent and genuinely patriotic leader like me can ascend the mantle of leadership and take care of our people in OOdua. Yorubas have suffered for too long ,we deserve better than this curse known as Jonathan Goodluck.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Ayobo/ipaja Road Under Construction: Is Fashola Working Or Not? by slyashabby(m): 4:14pm On Jun 01, 2013
Τ̣̣ђα̅τ̣̣'s my area Oº°˚˚˚°º...fash ℓ̊s wrkin lasgidi ℓ̊s progressin!

1 Like

Re: Ayobo/ipaja Road Under Construction: Is Fashola Working Or Not? by olivertwist: 6:01pm On Jun 01, 2013
How I wish Nigerians can just forget about Corruptions,Religion, Ethnicity and Politics (CREP) for just a year and, embrace reliable,intelligent, sincere, honest, competent individuals like Gov. Fashola as President.

We have thousands of Fashola in Nigeria, North, South, East and West but because of 'CREP', we are where we are.

Eko oni baje

1 Like

Re: Ayobo/ipaja Road Under Construction: Is Fashola Working Or Not? by nenergy(m): 7:20pm On Jun 01, 2013
Eko Ile: with the largest budget in Nigeria, they should be laying diamond and.gold on your streets.... But the clown don take money buy private jet and dash celebrities luxury jeeps and Dubai trips...
That's it. I'm from AkwaIbom and have always belived that the government can do much more than roads/civil infrastructure considering the size of the state's income. Any which way, A'Ibom ayaya!
Re: Ayobo/ipaja Road Under Construction: Is Fashola Working Or Not? by Crownvilla(m): 8:14pm On Jun 01, 2013
@ OoduaDefence,

I beg to disagree........there is hardly any difference across Nigeria.

Can you name me just one village, town or city in the South West or any other part of Nigeria that has 24/7 functional, running, potable pipe-borne water for all its residents?

Remember, water is a resource we all need on daily basis, to wash, clean, cook and drink!!

I humbly rest my case.
Re: Ayobo/ipaja Road Under Construction: Is Fashola Working Or Not? by sammhi(m): 9:40pm On Jun 01, 2013
The media power advantage of the Yorubas via punch newspaper , radio, tv and now internet overhype this fasola.
I live close to this area and is an insult to those who live here that this OP praise fasola for all the pains we go thro on the road.
it is just that the Nigerian has been so raped, brutalized and abused that he cant defend himself if not we should sue fasola and LASG for all the damage the road has caused to our vehicles and the dehumanizing condition of this environment. it is a shame!
yet some asslickers and gold diggers come here to sing his praise. woe betide all of you
the only efficient tin fasola has done is tax !! and more tax . the people are over burden. that is the truth. fasola tax is to enrich his godfather , cronies and hangons. what has the people benefit personally from his taxes.
please visit Edo, Enugu, akwaibom, Niger, calabar and see governance . not this show where a few major roads are tarred and becomes national news
LASG have over 9000 roads, can it boast of ten percent(that is , about 900 roads) as motorable? only few major roads are good the inner streets are a hell in all part of lagos . visit Aguda in surulere and see
Re: Ayobo/ipaja Road Under Construction: Is Fashola Working Or Not? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jun 01, 2013

Abi o.
Re: Ayobo/ipaja Road Under Construction: Is Fashola Working Or Not? by Lawalemi(m): 11:14pm On Jun 01, 2013
This should be navigation easier to Itele residents too.

Going forward, I wish to see a front page thread about the state of Lagos - Abeokuta Expressway
Re: Ayobo/ipaja Road Under Construction: Is Fashola Working Or Not? by babaowo: 1:02am On Jun 02, 2013
SlyIg:
Always seeking more popularity for Lasgidi. You're in support of this getting to the frontpage or why did the Op kw that you're aware of this thread. Road construction doesn't worth the frontpage pls. Not unless they've paid you for it.
....huh but tonto d!ck can make front page right? olodo!
Re: Ayobo/ipaja Road Under Construction: Is Fashola Working Or Not? by babaowo: 1:04am On Jun 02, 2013
babaowo: ....huh but tonto d!ck can make front page right? olodo!
i wrote tonto d!!ck not maniless, mod becareful ooo...
Re: Ayobo/ipaja Road Under Construction: Is Fashola Working Or Not? by Ashmark(m): 2:07am On Jun 02, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Saraki’s Trial: 17 Political Parties Ask CCT Judge To Resign / Exonerated Olabowale Ademola Returns As Lagos HOS / Osinbajo Arrives Birmingham, United Kingdom Ahead Of Warwick Africa Summit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.