Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,325 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Women Now Allowed To Walk Topless In Public In New York - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Women Now Allowed To Walk Topless In Public In New York (4341 Views)

At Last Tosyne2much Proposed To Aminat508 In Public In Ado Ekiti {pics} / Women Now Pay £147 To Allow A Stranger Rub Their Vaginas (photo) / How Nigerian Girls Walk Around When Engaged.picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women Now Allowed To Walk Topless In Public In New York by DrDoGood1(m): 7:07pm On May 29, 2013
Ladies of New York, you are free to walk bare-breasted through the city! New York City's 34,000 police officers have been instructed that, should they encounter a woman in public who is shirtless but obeying the law, they should not arrest her. This is a good step towards gender parity in public spaces.

This decision means that breast exposure is not considered public lewdness, indecent exposure, or disorderly conduct. It also notes that, should a crowd form around a topless woman, the officer should instruct the crowd to disperse and then respond appropriately if it does not. Relative coverage is no longer a factor.

This policy shift comes after several years of litigation and protest. In the 1992 case People v. Ramona Santorelli and Mary Lou Schloss, the New York Court of Appeals ruled in favor of two women who were arrested with five others for exposing their breasts in a Rochester park, holding the law void as discriminatory. The ruling was put to the test in 2005, when Jill Coccaro bared her breasts on Delancey Street in New York, citing the 1992 decision, and was detained for twelve hours. She subsequently successfully sued the city for $29,000.

In 2007, Go Topless, a national organization supporting gender equality in shirtlessness laws, established Go Topless Day. Dozens of women protest – often topless – in thirty cities around the United States, promoting equal rights to be shirtless. Protests usually include chants of “Free your breasts. Free your minds” and a song “Let ‘em Breathe” to the tune of the Beatles’ “Let it Be.”

While some who have witnessed these events have suggested that "[t]his is extreme liberalism and why America’s in decline” or “[i]t’s degrading to women,” others have been supportive. One man even said he would encourage his wife to join them.

Though bare-breasted women might shock the sensibilities of some in the public, it is encouraging to see the police responding positively to gender bias, even on such a seemingly small scale. After all, no one thinks twice about a man shirtless on a summer day. However, the female nipple or chest is still considered “lewd.” By reminding its officers of this, the NYPD is publicly declaring that it will no longer perpetuate unconstitutional gender discrimination, a standard to which all law enforcement should be held and a decision for which it should be applauded.

Source: http://www.naijapicks.com/2013/05/women-now-allowed-to-walk-new-york.html?fb_comment_id=fbc_203006676513614_695944_203050203175928#f123ceb97a879df

2 Likes

Re: Women Now Allowed To Walk Topless In Public In New York by DrDoGood1(m): 7:09pm On May 29, 2013
Wonder shall never end, I just don't know were this world is heading to.
Re: Women Now Allowed To Walk Topless In Public In New York by saganuwa: 7:12pm On May 29, 2013
Wat abt rape laws?
Re: Women Now Allowed To Walk Topless In Public In New York by Murphylink(m): 7:37pm On May 29, 2013
Lord have mercy shocked
Re: Women Now Allowed To Walk Topless In Public In New York by overdrive(m): 7:53pm On May 29, 2013
No pictures grin
Re: Women Now Allowed To Walk Topless In Public In New York by Donkarizma: 8:32pm On May 29, 2013
I am not suprised that this is happening in America,because America was never a godly country.America was founder under the deep ocultic power.For instance, check some the names of american cities,such as las varges,los angelis etc.Do you knw that the meaning of los angelis is the city of lost angels,and you and i know that satan and his fellow demons are the lost angels.
In every ocultic thing american do, they will tag it human right, equall right,gender equality etc.I tell you that very soon other countries will follow.They have had there were with gay right and now this is another strategy they are using to promote sex and all sort of immoralities.Weather you believe it or not, america is preparing the ground for satan to take over.America is the forerunner of satan.

3 Likes

Re: Women Now Allowed To Walk Topless In Public In New York by Nobody: 8:35pm On May 29, 2013
I hope such laws too is brought to nigeria so that the rate of r,a.p,e is reduced in Nigeria.when men go to the office,they see naked breast,they are driving,they see another naked breast dagling by,breast will not mean anything again...isshhhh.i support the law jare.let cossy be walking braless and the one that has agbalumo seed size of breast too should walk topless
Re: Women Now Allowed To Walk Topless In Public In New York by Nobody: 8:36pm On May 29, 2013
overdrive: No pictures grin
pervert :p
Re: Women Now Allowed To Walk Topless In Public In New York by 50calibre(m): 8:39pm On May 29, 2013
Looks like the time has come for me to relocate to New York. The government would see how happy and lively people there would become, less suicides.
Re: Women Now Allowed To Walk Topless In Public In New York by Nobody: 9:14pm On May 29, 2013
*singing MJ's "speechless"*
Re: Women Now Allowed To Walk Topless In Public In New York by ncee(f): 9:19pm On May 29, 2013
Prepare 4 RAPTURE, d End Time is here indeed.

2 Likes

Re: Women Now Allowed To Walk Topless In Public In New York by goldfish80(m): 9:29pm On May 29, 2013
ncee: Prepare 4 RAPTURE, d End Time is here indeed.

The end time crew members are converging already grin
Re: Women Now Allowed To Walk Topless In Public In New York by Kidaakudz: 9:39pm On May 29, 2013
please we need d equality in skirts n pants too
Re: Women Now Allowed To Walk Topless In Public In New York by Kslib(m): 9:54pm On May 29, 2013
Don karizma: I am not suprised that this is happening in America,because America was never a godly country.America was founder under the deep ocultic power.For instance, check some the names of american cities,such as las varges,los angelis etc.Do you knw that the meaning of los angelis is the city of lost angels,and you and i know that satan and his fellow demons are the lost angels.
In every ocultic thing american do, they will tag it human right, equall right,gender equality etc.I tell you that very soon other countries will follow.They have had there were with gay right and now this is another strategy they are using to promote sex and all sort of immoralities.Weather you believe it or not, america is preparing the ground for satan to take over.America is the forerunner of satan.
Ok very good.. Now make i ask "if dem give you american visa,you go collect"?.

2 Likes

Re: Women Now Allowed To Walk Topless In Public In New York by Nobody: 9:57pm On May 29, 2013
Wonder why people are condemning them, didn't our great grandmums also go coverless in the traditional times?
Re: Women Now Allowed To Walk Topless In Public In New York by Nobody: 10:00pm On May 29, 2013
Kslib:

Lmao, don't mind them o. These are the same sort of people who pray day and night for visas to these ''satanic'' countries. The hypocrisy!
Re: Women Now Allowed To Walk Topless In Public In New York by Nobody: 10:12pm On May 29, 2013
There is really nothing about a topless woman that strikes me as anything.
Our African ancestors were largely topless. I'm not a breast man so I really couldn't care less.

Most women look better with clothes on any way.
Re: Women Now Allowed To Walk Topless In Public In New York by esere826: 10:16pm On May 29, 2013
@op

Yipi Yeahhhhh!!!
I always wanted this to happen
equal woman rights is now being respected
*packs bag and heads for airport*
Re: Women Now Allowed To Walk Topless In Public In New York by Bigflamie(m): 10:25pm On May 29, 2013
I don't see any big deal on that, Jooor.
Re: Women Now Allowed To Walk Topless In Public In New York by obibanks: 10:52pm On May 29, 2013
Don karizma: I am not suprised that this is happening in America,because America was never a godly country.America was founder under the deep ocultic power.For instance, check some the names of american cities,such as las varges,los angelis etc.Do you knw that the meaning of los angelis is the city of lost angels,and you and i know that satan and his fellow demons are the lost angels.
Don karizma, abeg wetin los vegas come mean?? I'm now curious
Re: Women Now Allowed To Walk Topless In Public In New York by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:03pm On May 29, 2013
Wetin concern me? Free mojo
Re: Women Now Allowed To Walk Topless In Public In New York by denzel2009: 11:17pm On May 29, 2013
Kidaakudz: please we need d equality in skirts n pants too

Who is stopping you from wearing skirts and shinmi?

1 Like

Re: Women Now Allowed To Walk Topless In Public In New York by Idowuogbo(f): 11:25pm On May 29, 2013
Very good! Now I can point and hook d one wey I wan service. X-ray before action,unto say many of us go turn lesbo. Hurray! Happy hour.
Re: Women Now Allowed To Walk Topless In Public In New York by Paterico: 11:37pm On May 29, 2013
America should stop this and turn to god
Re: Women Now Allowed To Walk Topless In Public In New York by fuckluv(f): 11:51pm On May 29, 2013
denzel2009:

Who is stopping you from wearing skirts and shinmi?
cheesy cheesy No mind am.
Re: Women Now Allowed To Walk Topless In Public In New York by Nobody: 12:41am On May 30, 2013
50calibre: Looks like the time has come for me to relocate to New York. The government would see how happy and lively people there would become, less suicides.

Buwahahahahahahahahaahahahah. My ribs hurts

Re: Women Now Allowed To Walk Topless In Public In New York by Nobody: 12:44am On May 30, 2013
Kslib:

Lmao

Re: Women Now Allowed To Walk Topless In Public In New York by Nobody: 12:53am On May 30, 2013
Don't you find it intriguing that this devilish country that you're going on is the most powerful in the world? Nigeria with the holiest people in the world is still at the runt of the totem pole?

Meanwhile, the weed you're smoking is really good. That explains why you typed up such ignorance filled post. Los angelis ko, it's Los Angeles, you dumbfuck. The name has a Mexican origin seeing as the city is close to Mexico. Next time, before spewing this much crap, remember to use google.

3 Likes

Re: Women Now Allowed To Walk Topless In Public In New York by Nobody: 1:00am On May 30, 2013
Nigerian females please don't follow this trend ooo, your Muslim brothers will kill you. A word is enough for the wise.

@topic not surprised, they already have a day with no pants, so this was more than expected.
Re: Women Now Allowed To Walk Topless In Public In New York by khiaa(f): 1:37am On May 30, 2013

Stop being a hypocrite, you know darn well some women go topless in Nigeria/Africa, and has gone topless for centuries, I can go as far as to say even since the begining of time, and Los Angeles means, The City Of Angels. You brought God into this, well even Adam and Eve walked around coverless.
Re: Women Now Allowed To Walk Topless In Public In New York by 190: 3:20am On May 30, 2013
why cant they apply these laws in Nigeria

probably this should be a new law for the on goig miss NL

all ladies should upload unclad full pics and we get 2 vote

on a serious note i need to visit newyork lemme see how many women i can impregnate before they change the law undecided
Re: Women Now Allowed To Walk Topless In Public In New York by Leyqute(m): 5:18am On May 30, 2013
Big ones. Small ones. Long ones. Fat ones. Agbalumo ones. Mango ones. Orange ones. Grape. Pawpaw. Bread fruit. Pineapple. Cocoa. Water melon.... Oya, we need to do documentry ooo

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Agreed To Pass The Night In My House / Disgusting Photo: Is This Proper? / Top 10 Questions To Keep A Conversion Going Wit A Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.