Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,997 members, 7,814,411 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Tragedy Averted As Train Derails In Lagos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tragedy Averted As Train Derails In Lagos (19038 Views)

Cargo Train derails from track in Kaduna [photos] / Presidential Poll: How Jonathan, Ahmadu Ali Averted Crisis- Vanguard / Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tragedy Averted As Train Derails In Lagos by Positiveminds(m): 10:19pm On May 30, 2013
Thank God for His mercy.
Re: Tragedy Averted As Train Derails In Lagos by Nobody: 10:42pm On May 30, 2013
I cry for the railway system of Nigeria. I have complained about this for long. It is time Nigeria looks for something modern and functionally in good condition, not these waste of junks crankily trying to balance their rusted wheels on the aged rails.
Re: Tragedy Averted As Train Derails In Lagos by ijawcitizen(m): 11:43pm On May 30, 2013
While their masters are detonating bombs up north, the best they could do is to derail railtracks. If I say Yo!, another man say Ro! and you say Ba!, na you sabi. LoLz grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tragedy Averted As Train Derails In Lagos by condralbede(m): 1:19am On May 31, 2013
ijaw citizen: While their masters are detonating bombs up north, the best they could do is to derail railtracks. If I say Yo!, another man say Ro! and you say Ba!, na you sabi. LoLz grin grin grin grin
grin
Re: Tragedy Averted As Train Derails In Lagos by anti9JA: 4:56am On May 31, 2013
Metro line for city and intra-city mass movement and train for inter-cities mass movement are extremely important in our daily life. Any salary earner that is using car for his daily movement is only crippling himself economically on the long run because his daily movement based on wheeled vehicle is not cost effective. Car manufacturing Europeans reserve their cars for summer and holiday touring and for going home from the pub after the closure of mass transit in the midnight.

Only Nigerian looters can afford to use car in a luxurious manner, under-utilize a five seater car through out the year without feeling the consequence. The elite from the Arab emirate of the northern Nigeria can afford it because his means of livelihood is assuredly sourced from the south, and a motor car is a status symbol that distance him from the talakawas and the al majiris foot soldiers. That is why successive northern presidents and their southern stooges always avoid development of train system. Conversely, a southern so-believed educated robotic minds also accepts that car-ownership is a NECESSITY. Fine for a self-serving and unrewarding dubious argument because necessity is the mother of invention, therefore let the salary earners invent their cars, why must one use a car to take a child to school, to carry water when you are not a looter who used the car to protect his child from the prying eyes of the poor. Let everyone and every hand be on deck to clamour for metro line and East-west train development, it is the railway system that opens up community, provinces, regions and country any where in the world. In the US, the east west train link system is celebrated is celebrated by primary and secondary school system in their educational curriculum, Egypt and South Africa, the most advanced economy in Africa owes their accelerated development to railway system. In fact, Nigerian car owners and the masses should be crying the moment a new road system is constructed because it can not be sustained due to incessant tropical downpour that will reduce the efficiency of that road network the moment it is completed. Repeated road construction is one of the means of siphoning and diverting funds because any idiot can be awarded road contract hence, in other words, it is a tried and tested avenue of 'job for the boys' and 'chop, i chop'. Who gains from car ownership? Oyinbo people, Ibo spare part sellers and Hausa trailer owners.

At one time, the chairman of Nigeria Railway Corporation; ex-Sultan of Sokoto, Ibrahim Dasuki owned more than one thousand road plying trailers. He made sure he actively discouraged the development of the railway systems so that the trailer business will flourish, and the trailer system is the main tools by which non-Nigerians are massively transported from Islamic Africa to Nigeria. The Jihadist warrior, Muhammadu Buhari also actively contributed to the non-development of train system in Nigeria by ANNULLING the metro line that the Yorubas (Jakande/Awolowo) conceived for Lagos State, he claimed it is not viable. Generals Muritala Mohammed, Ibrahim Babaginda, Muhammadu Buhari and civilian president Shehu Shagari all conveniently left out a Lagos-Abuja railed system, another form of Boko-haraming the south. General Jerry 'jerry boy' Hussein, the middle belt administrator of Federal Capital Territory during Abacha's regime admonished Lagosians and southerners that they should never dream of any metro line for the teeming masses of Lagos if Abuja has not yet got its own. The East-west train is very important in linking Calabar to Seme to Cotonou, etc but it is strange that car owners from that axis are always requesting for East-west road because they want to be proud car owners. Nigerian Federal Road Safety Corp (FRSC) claimed that majority of accident victims on Nigerians roads are Igbos and Yorubas in that order, because they are the ones who are always traveling. No Igbo or Yoruba lawmakers have taken up this statistics to demand for extensive East-west railway development because they are satisfied with their N400M per annum monetary entitlements.

In conclusion, no southern presidents like Obasanjo and Jonathan dare upset the present railway policies by the northern elites who constitutes 60% of the Nigerian lawmakers, military or civilians. Boko-haram without gun!
Re: Tragedy Averted As Train Derails In Lagos by coronaprof(m): 6:56am On May 31, 2013
why oh why! What a tragedysad
may the June have better things in stock for those around that LAGOS mainland axis. 'Awumen- blood of God'
Re: Tragedy Averted As Train Derails In Lagos by gentlepoco: 8:41am On May 31, 2013
OLuwa be praised.. No life lost
Re: Tragedy Averted As Train Derails In Lagos by PvtParts1: 8:44am On May 31, 2013
You do not invent

You do not build

You can't even manage

Nor maintain.

Africans
Re: Tragedy Averted As Train Derails In Lagos by jude33084(m): 9:02am On May 31, 2013
yuzedo: Huh?! dey have train in Nigerian??!?? shocked BIG LIE!!! angry undecided

Believe it bro, it is real but old though wink

I také yaba to work almost on a daily basis smiley
Re: Tragedy Averted As Train Derails In Lagos by enm(m): 9:56am On May 31, 2013
Sorry to say this and forgive me if you find it offensive but I have no choice "most nigerian are dumb and lack the ability to think, how? you want to know? check the nairalander comment on this thread and you will find how dumb we are ".

If you like insult me back, no problem i will accept it and take it as my reward in trying to steer the ship on to the right part.

Why am i like this? it because am angry and frustrated with most of us here and myself for not being able to do anything. This is supposed to be a forum where issues are discuss and deliberated on by people of informed mind if not well informed but have the ability to analysis and point out errors in report and contribute sensibly so that people can have the right information or knowledge.

If the driver was over speeding that train won't be standing side way ( check the pix) and we wouldn't be reading no life was lost. And it happened closed to a major road crossing.

if there was a gap on the track then this wouldn't have happen now, it would have happen before now. that is if they don't care about their life.

If the rail were defective do you think the authority would open their two eyes down and allow a train to be plying on a defective rail? even if they do, do you think the workers would allow that not forgeting the fact that trains move on that track more than twice a day.

I have been to the site and saw everything. It would be wrong to say the driver was over speeding because one, the point of derail is not far from where it stop. in fact it's not up to 100 meter. What happened is someone failed to do his or her job in locking the track to prevent thing like this and it happened very close to a major road crossing, but trust nigerian workers to shift blame to the other person instead of accepting responsibility.

So what is the aim of this my epistle? try to gain more insight before commenting on topic let us not take everything being dish to us hook line and sinker. Me I have loose hope on nigeria media long time ago. they are all out to make money.
Re: Tragedy Averted As Train Derails In Lagos by docjuli(m): 11:05am On May 31, 2013
Another one happened yesterday but this time 9 coaches. It was indeed a miracle yesterday (from Mushin back to Iddo without control, the head of the train pulled off).
Re: Tragedy Averted As Train Derails In Lagos by enm(m): 12:31pm On May 31, 2013
docjuli: Another one happened yesterday but this time 9 coaches. It was indeed a miracle yesterday (from Mushin back to Iddo without control, the head of the train pulled off).

Someone is not paying due attention to his or her duty if not answer this question

Why and how did the head pull off from the rest of the coach?

This can only happen due to mechanical fault, improper handling of the train and lack of proper supervision by the technicians in charge or sabotage.
Re: Tragedy Averted As Train Derails In Lagos by tubolancer(m): 1:21pm On May 31, 2013
Last week i watched the train roving away at murderous speed down to ijoko and i shook my head in pity. I pity the passengers within that can called a train,the drivers are hemp-smokers,i believed they were promise diadems if they take many life along that rail track.
Re: Tragedy Averted As Train Derails In Lagos by tubolancer(m): 1:44pm On May 31, 2013
[quote author=enm]Sorry to say this and forgive me if you find it offensive but I have no choice "most nigerian are dumb and lack the ability to think, how? you want to know? check the nairalander comment on this thread and you will find how dumb we are ".

If you like insult me back, no problem i will accept it and take it as my reward in trying to steer the ship on to the right part.

Why am i like this? it because am angry and frustrated with most of us here and myself for not being able to do anyt sir i dare to tell the truth,the train drivers are fond of runing like mad dog as if i knew such a thing would happen i watched last week as the train came roaring to Agege.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shettima Has The Best 2019 Campaign Dance? Scatters Rally With Dancing Steps / FG Budgets N10.6bn For Transportation Of COVID-19 Vaccine Across Nigeria / Councillors Threaten To Sue Datti Baba-Ahmed Over ‘Treasonable Comment’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.