Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,157 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up (18336 Views)

Patience: I Haven't Packed Out Of Aso Rock / Another Plane Crash Averted As Arikkair Plane Engine Exploded Mid Air / Tragedy Averted As Train Derails In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 08, 2012
Posted by: Gbenga Omokhunu
Posted date: October 08, 2012
In: News | comment : 6

An aircraft engine packed up shortly before take-off at the Murtala MuhammedAirport in Lagos.

The early morning Abuja-bound Aero Contractors plane was set for take-off at 6:45am when the flight was aborted because one of the engines had stopped working.

There was panic inside theaircraft whose door had been locked in readiness for take-off.

A woman shouted for the door to be open for her to disembark, it was learnt.

A pastor of the RedeemedChristian Church of God (RCCG), Olumide Adeleye, who was aboard the plane,relived the experience in Abuja yesterday.

He said: “We had already boarded the plane scheduled for 6:45am. It was filled to capacity, ready for take-off when the pilot announced that one of the engines had packed up.

There was panic, but people also thanked God that the engine did not fail in the air.

“A woman was just shouting ‘please open this door before I break it!’. I was travelling with my wife and within me I was saying, ‘God it is not my portion and that of my wife to die’. I immediately remembered the Dana crash that happened, also on a Sunday. Fear

“The Murtala Muhammed International Airport , Lagos, was thrown into confusion as some passengers were contemplating on refund ofmoney. Even when another airline was ready to fly, passengers were insisting that the authority must properly check the plane, test-run it, before take-off.

“I booked the 6:45am flight so as to get early to church as the pastor of my parish in Abuja, to preach and preside over the thanksgiving service and dedicate a set of twins, which I did.

“I thank God for a successful journey back toAbuja. I was just imaginingwhat people would have been telling my children about their father and mother.”

The airline said the action of the pilot was in order.

A spokesman of the airline,Mr. Simon Tumba yesterday said as a safetycurious carrier, the airline withdrew the aircraft to safeguard the interest of the passengers and crew.

Tumba said such precautionary steps were necessary for the safety of the passengers and crew, which is part of the routine in the safety measures at the disposal of the airline.

1 Like

Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 08, 2012
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 08, 2012

1 Like

Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 08, 2012
Why dem no push the plane make the engine start? shey the plane na manual abi automatic? "Just asking"

9 Likes

Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by Iyke13: 9:15pm On Oct 08, 2012
To God be thy glory.It's not our portion

1 Like

Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by Nobody: 9:15pm On Oct 08, 2012
Thank Jesus!

6 Likes

Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by Jollyakat(m): 9:16pm On Oct 08, 2012
Chai....only God go save us in dis country.taught na manual..winks
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by Sunofgod(m): 9:16pm On Oct 08, 2012
So no checks were made before the plane was boarded?

Clearly another maintenance failure.

And why do so called men of god fear death so much?

1 Like

Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by laksides: 9:17pm On Oct 08, 2012
its not their time 2 die
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by otss(m): 9:19pm On Oct 08, 2012
Hmmmmmmmm... I reserve my comment
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by Psylas(m): 9:20pm On Oct 08, 2012
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by Chibest2000(m): 9:20pm On Oct 08, 2012
Very lucky passengers tnk God 4 d pilot bn consciouse of d packed engine.
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by Ogbodavies(m): 9:21pm On Oct 08, 2012
Thank God d engine didn't fail in d air
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by Castos(m): 9:21pm On Oct 08, 2012
berem: Why dem no push the plane make the engine start? shey the plane na manual abi automatic? "Just asking"
That's it!!! You've nt seen a close plane talk less of entering one in ur wild life. "why dem no push the plane" abeg hold ur mouth jaree if u no sabi anything. I ma ro ebe ndu mmadu di.
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by jamp: 9:21pm On Oct 08, 2012
berem: Why dem no push the plane make the engine start? shey the plane na manual abi automatic? "Just asking"
lol
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by mu2sa2: 9:22pm On Oct 08, 2012
How can u say plane crash averted when d plane never left d ground! After all even if one engine had failed mid-air the other engine(s) are there to stir d plane. Please moderator this headline is misleading.

3 Likes

Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by brownlord: 9:22pm On Oct 08, 2012

Plz what the name of that stuff u takin
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by cescky(m): 9:22pm On Oct 08, 2012
madam, minister of aviation!
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by reeeT(f): 9:22pm On Oct 08, 2012
You can imagine...thank God nothing happen all this airlines sef and their wahala.
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by mallorca(m): 9:23pm On Oct 08, 2012
Thank God for his mercy
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by mu2sa2: 9:25pm On Oct 08, 2012
How can u say plane crash averted when d plane never left d ground! After all even if one engine had failed mid-air the other engine(s) are there to stir d plane with. Please moderator this headline is misleading.
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by Nobody: 9:25pm On Oct 08, 2012
It could have been worse but it wasn't, all thanks to God.

1 Like

Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by Nobody: 9:26pm On Oct 08, 2012
Engine fail again? Na God go help us o.
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by ariyebaba(m): 9:26pm On Oct 08, 2012
PROFESSIONAL PILOT smiley wink cheesy sad shocked cool
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by Nobody: 9:26pm On Oct 08, 2012
they actually pushed it but d thing no gree start no nii
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by Areaboy2(m): 9:27pm On Oct 08, 2012
I dont see what is scary about this undecided. they didn't even take off, i'm sure he(pilot) noticed during taxi.

I've been 35000 ft in the air when one engine failed! we landed flawlessly.
make una stop to dey too fear! we all die someday. make good use of the limited time you have undecided

3 Likes

Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by kpozite(m): 9:27pm On Oct 08, 2012
THANK GOD o o o o
They would have claimed that all the routine maintainance and repairs well done and certified ok before take off
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 08, 2012
lm getting scared of this local planes. what if the engine failed whilst the plane was on air? wouldnt that have resulted into another black sun?
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 08, 2012
I cant enter any local flight in Nigeria again,except when am above 80years.they are nothing but flying coffins..

2 Likes

Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by Guk: 9:32pm On Oct 08, 2012
A few things to note here;

(1) Professionalism (The Pilot and Flight Engineer did the right thing to inform of the occurence)

(2) Integrity (They could have concealed it and asked for ground staff & engineers to patch things up.

(3) Structured organisation (Business Managers did not over rule technical professionals just to earn a few extra millions of naira)

(4) News Media need to exercise restraint in sensationalizing technical matters that they have little knowledge about

(5) No where near a crash as you cannot crash your car in parking position when it doesnt even start up

5 Likes

Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by Castos(m): 9:33pm On Oct 08, 2012
Area_boy: I dont see what is scary about this undecided. they didn't even take off, i'm sure he(pilot) noticed during taxi.

I've been 35000 ft in the air when one engine failed! we landed flawlessly.
make una stop to dey too fear! we all die someday. make good use of the limited time you have undecided
35000 ft in the air when one engine failed!!!! And u no fear!! Tell us the truth, why u no come fear. Abeg how u take pack urself?
Re: Another Plane Crash Averted As Aero Contractor Plane Engine Packed Up by Areaboy2(m): 9:33pm On Oct 08, 2012
toba: lm getting scared of this local planes. what if the engine failed whilst the plane was on air? wouldnt that have resulted into another black sun?

no it wouldn't. even when both engines fail, an aircraft still has a chance of landing safe if there's an airport within range.

of course it is important to note that engine failure after V1 ("no return" speed) might lead to an inevitable crash

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Amosun Tells Aisha Alhassan To Resign For Working Against Buhari / Rivers APC Returns To Supreme Court Over Candidacy Issue / Flood Ravages Appeal Court In Abuja, Staff, Litigants Groan (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.