Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,045 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

Church Of Scotland Approves Gay Priests. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Of Scotland Approves Gay Priests. (1393 Views)

What?! Catholic Church Approves "Gay Marriage" Ceremonies In Church?! / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy. / Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Church Of Scotland Approves Gay Priests. by Symphony007: 4:36pm On May 30, 2013
In an historic vote, the church of scotland has approved gays to be priests. The move deeply divides the church but has been discribed by church leaders as "the right thing to do".the church already have a couple of gay priests. this makes it the first major christain dinomination to approve of gay clergy.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-22580322

Re: Church Of Scotland Approves Gay Priests. by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 30, 2013
And the church keeps marching on....
Re: Church Of Scotland Approves Gay Priests. by Coldblooded(m): 4:57pm On May 30, 2013
What are they going to be preaching to the congregation?

I weep for the church; embarassed hence, ma signaturegrin
Re: Church Of Scotland Approves Gay Priests. by Creatrixity(m): 4:58pm On May 30, 2013
More alter boys butts to be split in two.
Thank the father!!
Re: Church Of Scotland Approves Gay Priests. by Nobody: 5:00pm On May 30, 2013
Creatrixity: More alter boys butts to be split in two.
Thank the father!!
Na, it may have a reverse effect.. No more secrecy and pretense.. Just go out with a fellow gay priest.. Fantastic.. Jesus would be so proud..
Re: Church Of Scotland Approves Gay Priests. by Creatrixity(m): 5:21pm On May 30, 2013
Lol...true
Re: Church Of Scotland Approves Gay Priests. by FortresOfChrist(f): 8:16am On May 31, 2013
These abominable act is spreading like a virus in the end time. The LORD our fortress warned but the church is joined to the world and conforming to the world as against the LORD's word. The are signs of the end time we must see with the inner most eyes of God.

Matthew 24:38
Amplified Bible (AMP)

38 For just as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, [men] marrying and [women] being given in marriage, until the [very] day when Noah went into the ark,

These marriages the LORD our fortress foretold are not the usual marriages. They are unnatural which foretells signs of the endtime. Let not the children of God be conformed to world.
Re: Church Of Scotland Approves Gay Priests. by Nobody: 8:21am On May 31, 2013
FortresOfChrist: These abominable act is spreading like a virus in the end time. The LORD our fortress warned but the church is joined to the world and conforming to the world as against the LORD's word. The are signs of the end time we must see with the inner most eyes of God.

Matthew 24:38
Amplified Bible (AMP)

38 For just as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, [men] marrying and [women] being given in marriage, until the [very] day when Noah went into the ark,

These marriages the LORD our fortress foretold are not the usual marriages. They are unnatural which foretells signs of the endtime. Let not the children of God be conformed to world.

Na so una go dey twist bible to sound as u wan make e sound...

Matt: 24:38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; (NIV)

I don't have the time to post all translations, but none of them ever implies that gay marriage was being referred to in that passage.
Re: Church Of Scotland Approves Gay Priests. by FortresOfChrist(f): 8:26am On May 31, 2013
"Marrying and giving in marriage"? Does it sound usual? Why would there be marrying and also giving in marriage? Are you in support of man to man and woman to woman?
Re: Church Of Scotland Approves Gay Priests. by Nobody: 8:37am On May 31, 2013
FortresOfChrist: "Marrying and giving in marriage"? Does it sound usual? Why would there be marrying and also giving in marriage? Are you in support of man to man and woman to woman?

No, it's abnormal. Olodo.
Re: Church Of Scotland Approves Gay Priests. by FortresOfChrist(f): 8:43am On May 31, 2013
Are you a christian? If you are, first read the verse in context.

Matthew 24:37
Amplified Bible (AMP)

37 As were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

The question I want to ask you is what happened during the days of Noah and compared to the "coming of the Son of Man", the LORD our fortress?
Re: Church Of Scotland Approves Gay Priests. by Nobody: 8:53am On May 31, 2013
FortresOfChrist:
The question I want to ask you is what happened during the days of Noah and compared to the "coming of the Son of Man", the LORD our fortress?
Please share...
Re: Church Of Scotland Approves Gay Priests. by FortresOfChrist(f): 9:04am On May 31, 2013
Are you are christian? you should know what happened during the days of Noah when men are defiling themselves with men (men to men) but Noah was undefiled, without spot and without blemish. That is what it means to be blameless, just and upright with God our fortress.
Re: Church Of Scotland Approves Gay Priests. by Nobody: 9:08am On May 31, 2013
FortresOfChrist: Are you are christian? you should know what happened during the days of Noah when men are defiling themselves with men (men to men) but Noah was undefiled, without spot and without blemish. That is what it means to be blameless, just and upright with God our fortress.

Again, where's this written in the Bible?
Re: Church Of Scotland Approves Gay Priests. by FortresOfChrist(f): 9:28am On May 31, 2013
Genesis 6 verse 11 to 14
Re: Church Of Scotland Approves Gay Priests. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:35am On May 31, 2013
Maybe Nigerias should boycott Scotland. Hehehe.

And France, And the great State of California, New York, Infact, all blue states.

And UK.

And Brazil,

And South Africa.

And...

Infact we should show our love of god by boycotting progressive gay countries and only going to and doing business with the backward godly countries, like Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Uganda, Etc.

Bunch of hypocrites.
Re: Church Of Scotland Approves Gay Priests. by Nobody: 9:36am On May 31, 2013
FortresOfChrist: Genesis 6 verse 11 to 14
All of a sudden, you can't post verses anymore...

Let me help you..

And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

6 And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

7 And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.

9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.

10 And Noah begat three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.

12 And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.

13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

14 Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch.

FortresOfChrist: Are you are christian? you should know what happened during the days of Noah when men are defiling themselves with men (men to men) but Noah was undefiled, without spot and without blemish. That is what it means to be blameless, just and upright with God our fortress.

Again..
musKeeto:

Again, where's this written in the Bible?
Re: Church Of Scotland Approves Gay Priests. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:39am On May 31, 2013
^^^ I think he meant Lot, instead of Noah.

But Lot committed incest, so I don't know if he should be their shinning light. Anyway, you never know with these christians. They worship a mass murderer afterall.
Re: Church Of Scotland Approves Gay Priests. by FortresOfChrist(f): 9:49am On May 31, 2013
This was what happened.

Genesis 6:11
Amplified Bible (AMP)

11 The earth was depraved and putrid in God’s sight, and the land was filled with violence (desecration, infringement, outrage, assault, and lust for power).

Look for the meaning of "depraved and putrid" and the LORD our fortress says "marrying and giving in marriage". Just add it up. The LORD our fortress also said "as it was then, so shall his coming be". Are you a Christian yet?
Re: Church Of Scotland Approves Gay Priests. by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:54am On May 31, 2013
lol while the oyinbo masters of christianity are doing this stuffs, Nigerians are breaking their head over their religon. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Watchtower Disfellowshipping And Shunning Policy / 9 Qualities Of A TRUE CHRISTIAN / The Biggest Scam Of All:pastor Creflo Dollar Will Get His $65 Million Luxury Jet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.