Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,733 members, 7,824,066 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

What The Bible Says About Homosexuality - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What The Bible Says About Homosexuality (1389 Views)

self-service Leads To Homosexuality--watchtower / What The Bible Says About Homosexuality / Why Call Pastors "Father" When The Bible Says We Should Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by Yooguyz: 12:38pm On Aug 30, 2014
Below is an excerpt from Jehovah's Witnesses official website about homosexuality, I chose it because it accurately reflects the bible's view point on homosexuality.

what does the bible say about homosexuality?

God created humans to engage in sex only within the arrangement of marriage between a male and a female. (Genesis 1:27, 28; Leviticus 18:22; Proverbs 5:18, 19) The Bible condemns intimate activity that is not between a husband and wife, whether it is homosexual or heterosexual conduct. (1 Corinthians 6:18) This includes intercourse, handling another person’s genitals, and engaging in oral or backdoor.

While the Bible disapproves of homosexual acts, it does not condone hatred of homosexuals or homophobia. Instead, Christians are directed to “respect everyone.”—1 Peter 2:17, Good News Translation.

Can a person be born homosexual?

The Bible doesn’t comment directly on the biology of homosexual desires, though it acknowledges that we are all born with a tendency to go against what God commands. (Romans 7:21-25) Rather than focus on the cause of homosexual desires, however, the Bible prohibits homosexual acts.

How to please God despite having same-sex urges.

The Bible says: “Don’t be controlled by your body. Kill every desire for the wrong kind of sex.” (Colossians 3:5, Contemporary English Version) To kill wrong desires, which lead to wrong actions, you need to control your thinking. If you regularly fill your mind with wholesome thoughts, you can more readily dismiss wrong desires. (Philippians 4:8; James 1:14, 15) While you may struggle greatly at first, it can become easier. God promises to help you to “be made new in the force actuating your mind.”—Ephesians 4:22-24.

The same struggle is faced by millions with heterosexual desires who wish to conform to the Bible’s standards. For example, those who are single with little prospect of marriage or who are married to a partner who is unable to function sexually choose to control their intimate urges despite any temptations they might face. They are able to live happily, and those with same-sex urges can do so as well if they truly want to please God.—Deuteronomy 30:19.

http://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/bible-about-homosexuality/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by lirusehn(m): 12:41pm On Aug 30, 2014
smiley
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by HezronLorraine(m): 1:25pm On Aug 30, 2014
I thought JW would have a very conservative teaching about homosexuality,am surprised they don't.
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by theplanmaker: 1:40pm On Aug 30, 2014
succinctly said.......the only people who understand the bible.
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by texanomaly(f): 2:06pm On Aug 30, 2014
HezronLorraine: I thought JW would have a very conservative teaching about homosexuality,am surprised they don't.

What is your interpretation of the bible on homosexuality?
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by texanomaly(f): 2:10pm On Aug 30, 2014
theplanmaker: succinctly said.......the only people who understand the bible.

Hmmm....That's just what every Bible based faith says about their interpretation.

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by Yooguyz: 2:25pm On Aug 30, 2014
texanomaly:

You just asked him what I wanted to him.
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by theplanmaker: 2:33pm On Aug 30, 2014
texanomaly:

Hmmm....That's just what every Bible based faith says about their interpretation.

true, av associated with quite a few, but this one is different
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by texanomaly(f): 2:41pm On Aug 30, 2014
Yooguyz:

You just asked him what I wanted to him.

I didn't ask for you or anyone else. I know him to be a good man and a Christian. I just want to know his point of view.

@HezroLorraine

Sorry if this puts you on the spot. You don't have to answer here. I've just never seen you back down from anything on NL.
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by texanomaly(f): 2:42pm On Aug 30, 2014
theplanmaker:

true, av associated with quite a few, but this one is different

Again...heard it.
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by HezronLorraine(m): 2:44pm On Aug 30, 2014
texanomaly:

The bible condemns homosexual intimacy(s-e-x) in terms of it being considered as lewd acts along many other acts.It however was not elaborate on same-sex relationship as it doesn't define,recognize or condemn it,but it generally upholds heterosexuality as the accepted lifestyle.

The Bible doesn't want homosexuals to act on their intimate urges cause sex that is not meant for procreation is sinful same applies to heterosexuals.It doesn't place a restriction on people whether two men can be homosexual.

3 Likes

Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by texanomaly(f): 2:56pm On Aug 30, 2014
^^^I have some questions. Would you like me to as them privately or here?
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by HezronLorraine(m): 9:09pm On Aug 30, 2014
texanomaly: ^^^I have some questions. Would you like me to as them privately or here?
Privately dear.
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by texanomaly(f): 9:10pm On Aug 30, 2014
HezronLorraine: Privately dear.

Sent
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by HezronLorraine(m): 9:26pm On Aug 30, 2014
texanomaly:

Sent
Replied.

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by EternalBeing: 7:11am On Aug 31, 2014
Remember that currently (through satan or GOD)only the genuinely spiritual amount to something great in this generation. GOD is still very much in the business of making people celebrities. Chronicles 16:9 says "The eyes of GOD runs to and fro the earth seeking those HE can" make celebrities; holiness is the price. GOD (as HE did with Ben Carlson, D. K. Olukoya, etc. making them great today and tomorrow in the hereafter) and satan (as he did with... u know who, promises them today but no tomorrow because he knows they'll end in hellfire); both are still seriously looking for souls. True Love is still very real despite the fact that the devil has wrongfully programmed a lot of people's mind to live like dogs having multiple partners under self-deceit that true love does not exist. Get the mystery in Gen 2:24-25; Have sex only with 1 person you've chosen to "marry" because Sex=Marriage, the ceremony is not the marriage, Sex is the Marriage . If you've had sex with multiple partners, u r guity of polygamy ask your Creator for forgiveness. Paul said for those that can't hold yourself... search for your soulmate, pray and start Sexing. Marriage is NOT the ceremony and gathering of people NO! Read Genesis 2:24-25 to understand the Spiritual Mystery that Sex=Marriage. Whether u r 18 or 30, choose just one and GOD will prosper d union if both of u stay faithful to each other for d rest of ur lives. GOD created sex for us as a covenant Sweet bond between 2 persons that have chosen to become 1 (Sex=Marriage. Read Genesis 2:24-25 says "they cleave to become 1 and they were Unclad" . Understand the mystery that devil wants u to keep denying for the rest of their life). devil has deceived so many by trivializing Sex. Sex is grossly spiritual, whether you are a guy or girl, the person u give acess to your Private Part can easily destroy your Life and Destiny permanently. Remember, there's no physical way to identify a demon infested witch/wizard in church or in club; that girl, that guy u r planning and craving to have sex with might just be one. So, totally give your Life to JESUS and pray HIM to guide you to your own wife/husband, and HE surely will. Sex is the worst weapon that devil is using to destroy wonderful youths with Glorious Destiny in this End Time. BE WISE!

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by Yooguyz: 10:20am On Aug 31, 2014
HezronLorraine: The bible condemns homosexual intimacy(s-e-x) in terms of it being considered as lewd acts along many other acts.It however was not elaborate on same-sex relationship as it doesn't define,recognize or condemn it,but it generally upholds heterosexuality as the accepted lifestyle.

The Bible doesn't want homosexuals to act on their intimate urges cause sex that is not meant for procreation is sinful same applies to heterosexuals.It doesn't place a restriction on people whether two men can be homosexual.

Wow we have quite similar views, I thought your views would be progressive in nature.smiley

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by BERNIMOORE: 11:01am On Aug 31, 2014
YOU yooguyz pastor a 3000+ congregation, and you are a gay, in your own tread admited by you

https://www.nairaland.com/1439402/christians-chatbox

Re: The people-of-orientation Christians Chatbox by Yooguyz (m): 10:53pm On Sep 14, 2013

don't get me wrong, i didn't open the thread to mock the christian faith. In real life i(yooguyz) pastor a 3000+ congregation, and its also a real life issue am facing. Going by my understanding of the word "gay". I know its not possible. But i want a platform where people of orientation and religion like me can drop their baggage. And also for religious people to ask questions. The internet is the best place to do that, cos you are anonymous, knowing fully well that you risk loosing a lot if you come out in real life. Sharing those things on the inside makes me relieved. More of your questions are welcome

you dodge this question from a fellowstudent that needs your attention

Re: The people-of-orientation Christians Chatbox by geovanni24(m): 6:44pm On Oct 17, 2013

This comment is strictly for @yooguys...ii understand that you are a pastor, pastoring A church of about 3000 members!...Now from your views on the Gay attitude, ii can easily deduce that you have some gay tendencies that you have put under control and ii applaud you for that, since gay is a thing of the mind...Now being a pastor of such an overwhelming crowd, hw do you cope with the large number of your male members who could cme T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ you for councelling?...don't you think you are not honest T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ yourself, iwhen the spirit of Gay is hovering arround your personality,rather. Than rebuking it for life and relinquishing its hold on you psychologically in order T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ serve God better ?...2. If a psychological gay member should come T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ you for. Deliverance/councelling...its assumed you both are faced with the same ordeal, HO̶̲̥̅̶̷̩̥̊͡ do you intend T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ go about it?.....Beside this,since I'm convinced that you are a through man of God, ii will like T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ know you personally, but on anonymous ground, cos of the position you occupy, ii believe M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ acquaintance with you will help strengthen M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ relationship with God and also edify M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ view on sexuality and intimate immorality...ii also used T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ be effeminate in M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ childhood, although ii was able T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ overcme it,but ii will most gratefully appreciate your enlightenment on this menace!....plz kindly email me sir......trailblazer25@yahoo.com. Ii look forward T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ receiving your email. Tanks sir!

https://www.nairaland.com/1439402/christians-chatbox/13

if you like tell the mods to quickly help you remove the tread, it is very obvious there

and if you like quickly write a disclaimer and tell us you are being sarcastical

answer the question in quote above

3 Likes

Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by HezronLorraine(m): 11:49am On Aug 31, 2014
Yooguyz:

Wow we have quite similar views, I thought your views would be progressive in nature.smiley
Progressive in what nature?Don't understand this?
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by Yooguyz: 1:15pm On Aug 31, 2014
HezronLorraine: Progressive in what nature?Don't understand this?

Thought you approved of same-sex marriage and intimacy.
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by HezronLorraine(m): 1:33pm On Aug 31, 2014
Yooguyz:

Thought you approved of same-sex marriage and intimacy.
From a religious point of view,having gay sex is sin just like other sins.On marriage,I don't disapprove of same-sex marriage cause the Bible doesn't expand its teachings on it and it doesn't recognise it so its left for whoever wants it.
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by Yooguyz: 1:43pm On Aug 31, 2014
HezronLorraine: From a religious point of view,having gay sex is sin just like other sins.On marriage,I don't disapprove of same-sex marriage cause the Bible doesn't expand its teachings on it and it doesn't recognise it so its left for whoever wants it.

Kk. For me I don't understand how one can get married without having sex, same way I don't understand why God would create someone with same sex tendencies.
All the same, its your perspective on the issue, who am I to judge? We all have different opinions, but Jehovah loves us the same way. smiley
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 31, 2014
Pre marital Se.x regardless of sexual orientation is frowned at by the teachings of the bible. Where does it say they can't love one another?
I don't know but something about JW doesn't sit right with me. To me, they are hypocrites. They have a good knowledge of the bible but their lifestyle I always find questionable. A friend of mine died because her husband (who is a JW) didn't let her the doctors give her blood after a very painful childbirth. The kid also died a week after, the man remarried. God forgive me, but each time I see him, I want to rip his eyes out!
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by texanomaly(f): 2:23pm On Aug 31, 2014
HezronLorraine: The bible condemns homosexual intimacy(s-e-x) in terms of it being considered as lewd acts along many other acts.It however was not elaborate on same-sex relationship as it doesn't define,recognize or condemn it,but it generally upholds heterosexuality as the accepted lifestyle.

The bolded has been bothering me. I disagree. Biologically sex is meant for procreation. It is also meant to bring husband and wife closer.
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 31, 2014
My dear, don't let it confuse you. People weave words for their own convenience to cause confusion. Sex isn't just for procreation, biologically or whatever 'cally'. Where most issue is the one done outside marriage, that's the one I think Hez meant, when he said 'sinful.'.
texanomaly:

The bolded has been bothering me. I disagree. Biologically sex is meant for procreation. It is also meant to bring husband and wife closer.
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by texanomaly(f): 2:29pm On Aug 31, 2014
Thanks
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by honeychild(f): 2:38pm On Aug 31, 2014
BERNIMOORE:

if you like tell the mods to quickly help you remove the tread, it is very obvious there

and if you like quickly write a disclaimer and tell us you are being sarcastical

answer the question in quote above

no mind am.....you know his character so well. He has deleted all his incriminating posts....but some of us still remember....riff raff like him

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by HezronLorraine(m): 7:22pm On Aug 31, 2014
texanomaly:

Actually the Bible doesn't want you to have sex except you want to give birth to a baby.
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by HezronLorraine(m): 7:24pm On Aug 31, 2014
Yooguyz:

Kk. For me I don't understand how one can get married without having sex, same way I don't understand why God would create someone with same sex tendencies.
All the same, its your perspective on the issue, who am I to judge? We all have different opinions, but Jehovah loves us the same way. smiley
Yes bro,you definitely are right.

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by Yooguyz: 9:26pm On Aug 31, 2014
HezronLorraine: Yes bro,you definitely are right.

Yup
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by texanomaly(f): 10:57pm On Aug 31, 2014
HezronLorraine: Actually the Bible doesn't want you to have sex except you want to give birth to a baby.

Really? Where does it say that?
Re: What The Bible Says About Homosexuality by HezronLorraine(m): 11:35am On Sep 01, 2014
texanomaly:

Really? Where does it say that?
Throughout the bible it just majorly outline that when sex becomes a thing for pleasure only,it is considered a sin,but at the same time it does allow for couples to enjoy sex,in Songs of Solomon,you'll find the story of a man and his wife who enjoyed passionate sex.In 1st Corinthians7:3-5 teaches that if sex is the only solution to stop couples from adultery then they are to maintain a healthy and moderate sex life.

It gives conditions to why you should have sex for pleasure,in all it admonishes moderation and keeping the temple clean.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Was Delivered By God, Through Pastor E-bankole / Meet The First Catholic Female Priest Ordained In The United States (photos) / Young Girl Brought Back To Life During Sunday Church Service In FUTO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.