Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:37 AM

Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets (18923 Views)

If You Are Given This Type Of Food By Your Inlaws (picture) / See The Kind Of Food Served For Lunch At An IDP Camp In Maiduguri / Nairalanders,what Type Of Food Do You Hate/detest Most (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by bory09(m): 6:50pm On May 31, 2013
K
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by Nobody: 6:50pm On May 31, 2013
mitey: Una just dey hear?

Biscuit cookies have not only be growing smaller over the years, but now taste like chemicals and sand. Since I tasted sand in Speedy biscuit a few years back and chemical-like taste in Krackjack, I have stopped eating anything that costs less than N50.

So parents beware, what you are feeding your kids may be not what you think.

I.diot companies, instead of them to simply increase their price, and give us quality products they are adulterating angry angry
You are right, most now rely on derivatives instead of buying the real thing.
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by Meringe(m): 6:56pm On May 31, 2013
OP is 100 percent correct.

My people, may food we consume here are adulterated even the drinks. I know people who import label of most popular drinks.

In short, a word of advise, do not always go for popular items be it food or drink cos most ae fake. These greedy people focus on products that are in much demand.

The red oil stuff is confirmed. If you are chanced, look for a miller in the east and get it direct. Or a trusted dealer. Becareful, my people.

God save us!

2 Likes

Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by Nobody: 6:59pm On May 31, 2013
Marthakings: Wat if palm oil is mensturation blood?
#Jst kidding...
NAFDAC are doing something about it. They even seized Some Contaminated Loaves Of Bread... Read this thread:
www.nairaland.com/1306138/nafdac-seizes-250000-contaminated-bread
nafdac isn't doing shit. Go to the market to do an assessment. Be objective.
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by Kenny4lyfe(m): 7:01pm On May 31, 2013
[/quote][b]
yuzedo: [b]huh?!?!? diffrent food in mushin macket comitt adult[quote author=yuzedo][b]huh?!?!? diffrent food in mushin macket comitt adultry wit one anoda??!?!?!?! undecided WE GIVE UPPPP!!!!!! angry angry angry
[/b]What about ADULT RATED foods in Nigerian market?
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by thelonestranger: 7:05pm On May 31, 2013
From my experience most Ibo traders always adulterate and even pikinerate everythibg they sell. God help us.amen

2 Likes

Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by onitshaigbo(m): 7:09pm On May 31, 2013
thelonestranger: From my experience most Ibo traders always adulterate and even pikinerate everythibg they sell. God help us.amen

Once again, the tribalist never fails to insert his bigotry into a conversation... One Nation, One People. We're all Nigerians. We're all Nigerians first.

5 Likes

Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by Nobody: 7:11pm On May 31, 2013
ΐτ̅'s been long anϑ not now,only that d cups Ø̶̷̩̥̊͡Ƒ̶̷̩̥̊͡ those caught Ђανξ reached †ђξ brim.
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by Scissorshand(m): 7:11pm On May 31, 2013
Illuminati's "green" war to control 9ja's population. Just kidding. As a nation, we've lost our values.
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by Emylexray(m): 7:28pm On May 31, 2013
nice observation. the best food stuffs are in the villagr where you have them natural cool grin
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 31, 2013
The worse of them all is bread sold in the market,it is always decaying with fungi the next day except you buy a hot bread that was just made.

1 Like

Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by Vicotex(m): 7:30pm On May 31, 2013
who knw weda those fastfood women dey wash yansh put 4 soup??

dem fit add mensturation blood 4 our oil, cos everything is possible in this green land called "9ja"
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by biolabee(m): 7:39pm On May 31, 2013
Marthakings:

Wat if palm oil is mensturation blood?
#Jst kidding...
NAFDAC are doing something about it. They even seized Some Contaminated Loaves Of Bread... Read this thread:
www.nairaland.com/1306138/nafdac-seizes-250000-contaminated-bread

Martha, Martha, Martha...
why u go do this kain thing
Now i will be praying anytime i buy or eat palm oil

[img]http://4.bp..com/-lMNookWr1b8/UYOBg4SquFI/AAAAAAAAASE/pAMgxE4Rgx8/s320/tumblr_inline_mjjsrm9uhW1qz4rgp.gif[/img]

2 Likes

Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by GentleNaaz(m): 7:40pm On May 31, 2013
Onyegecha: I was shocked to learn that palm oil sold in our markets is heavily adulterated with some reddish substances.
The so-called vegetable oils are even worse. Who knows whether saw dust is mixed into our garri? What about the bread we consume that is made with poisonous chemicals? The point is that NAFDAC and other regulatory agencies should save Nigerians from the hands of greedy men who value money above life.
Matters of this nature are not left to people's consciences because unscrupulous men must be stopped by uncompromising agents of the law. Share what you know about this practice in your area.
it kills gradually without u noticing it. If u wl live, say 95yrs, u wl dn live only 52yrs with health issues n die. because of all ds junks, WHO published dat average live span for Nigerian woman is 49yrs n for man is 51yrs. So wake up dude
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by Leopantro: 7:56pm On May 31, 2013
I have noticed that Palm oil is now very red as compared to the slightly dull red back in the old days. The gtoundnut oil is no longer golden yellow but looks like bleach or kerosene. Don't even get me started on bread, don't touch it anymore. I remember while growing up I could eat tomatoes my Mum bought from the market; it had a rich taste. But the tomatoes now has a funny taste. About the melon, its true. I have seen someone mixing grounded melon with something and them selling it.

I want to point out that cases of kidney failure is on the rise. Have seen cases of 15 to 30 year old men and women requiring dialysis and talking about kidney transplant. They would talk about peopl sending something from their village without realizing its from what they eat.

I pity those that visit road side chemist and ask for "drug mixtures".
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by Willgates(m): 8:03pm On May 31, 2013
[b] Why instill fear on Nigerians? Were's the source to backup this blatant claim? [b/] angry
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by BigBizzy(m): 8:06pm On May 31, 2013
pDude: shocked

How come Nigerians are still alive after consuming these poisons shocked

we dont die we multiply....hahah
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by obamamate: 8:28pm On May 31, 2013
Opey4luv: Nigerians value money more than their fellow Countrymen, A trusted older person once told me that some companies import milk from Europe, dilute it with water, re-package it and sell it ot us. May God help us for this country. I need Benin Republic's visa jare.

What do you mean by this ?
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by Nobody: 8:31pm On May 31, 2013
Poster, are you a learning Hehe
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by mu2sa2: 8:35pm On May 31, 2013
This is the secret about egusi: Buy it unshelled, break the shell yourself by hand and grind. Don't buy shelled or ground egusi, it may taste un-egusi. They now break the shell by putting wetted egusi in a sack and hitting the sack on a hard surface repeatedly. This process breaks the shell faster but turn the egusi brownish. To remove the discolouration, the egusi is "washed" in soapy water. Any egusi processed this way will have a bland taste - the ones sold in the market are almost all this type.
Just take a few moment to break the shell one by one by hand with your family and have your natural-tasting egusi.

2 Likes

Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by adconline(m): 8:38pm On May 31, 2013

Dumb question! A lot of Nigerians are dying, but nobody is keeping score or family members are blaming it on someone/witches/wizard!
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by delishpot: 8:53pm On May 31, 2013
Orikinla:

The other day, I was sold stale food at the Mr Biggs on Broad Street in Lagos, just beside the church opposite the Federal Government Press. The fish must have been two days old and they still sold it to me. I was ill for two days.
Selling bad food is evil and wicked.
Giving someone bad food to eat is witchcraft.

Mr bigs has been selling me bad food for years. its sad when I have to let go of a full plate of fried rice and chicken cos it smells bad. worse off sef I dont know why hubby keeps going back there maybe cos they are the only fast food joint close to where we live sha.

Even learnt they use carbide to ripen banana and other fruits.
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by Inik(m): 8:54pm On May 31, 2013
Nigerians do adulterate food products. Wicked and greedy people sell bad products in the market ranging from impure water packaged in satchets and sold off as "pure water" to expired tins of milk, some even mix garri with sand!

In my former street there was a shop owner who specialized in selling fake & expired products. He sold stale bread, rotten tomatoes, rotten eggs, stale buns, insect infested beans etc, the funny thing is that people bought from him! When they check other shops they can't find the items they will go back to "manage" the ones he had in stock.....smh

2 Likes

Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by Ismahill(m): 9:03pm On May 31, 2013
Mr.Sinister:
This is unverified information. This thread should be yanked off the front page. Can the op provide proof?
na u gan gan dm dy tlk.okan e da elejo
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by Nobody: 9:26pm On May 31, 2013
One day in Birnin Kebbi, inside one of the housing estates there, I went to buy oil to cook. When I got to the shop I saw palm oil displayed in front and it looked so red! so I took some and put in my mouth...I swear d earth stopped!! I can't begin to describe how bad it tasted! Nothing like palm oil...I had to change my diet and cooked spaghetti that night! sad sad
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by kalufelix(m): 9:27pm On May 31, 2013

courtesy of the OGA at the topmost...

1 Like

Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by kalufelix(m): 9:32pm On May 31, 2013
yuzedo: huh?!?!? diffrent food in mushin macket comitt adultry wit one anoda??!?!?!?! undecided WE GIVE UPPPP!!!!!! angry angry angry
lmao!! .. yhur case dey court
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by olusola200: 9:38pm On May 31, 2013
THIS IS NOT NEWS AGAIN EVERYTHING WE COMSUME IS FAKE LETS START FROM WATER . DO YOU TRUST THAT SO CALLED PURE WATER . EVEN OUR ELECTRICITY IS NOT UP TO 220 /240 AS CLAIMED. CHECK OUR ROAD WE KEEP PATCHING ALL THE TIME, THE SO CALLED GRUNATED SUGAR IS INDUSTRIAL SUGAR THE SALT HAS NO IODINE LET ME GIVE THE LIST OF STUFF I CAN FAKE ENGINE OIL BRAKE OIL PETROL DIESEL PHONE

2 Likes

Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by Dogzimalon: 9:45pm On May 31, 2013
U are quite right they call it colour they even use it on kpomo
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by onitshaigbo(m): 9:46pm On May 31, 2013
We need more supermarkets like Shoprite, Tesco, Sam's Club, and Carrefour here in Naija. Even the food not adulterated are sometimes sold in highly unhygienic conditions, and some are downright filthy. We as Nigerians deserve better.
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by blinksluv: 9:48pm On May 31, 2013
Onyegecha: I was shocked to learn from a very reliable source, that palm oil sold in our markets is heavily adulterated with some reddish substances.
The so-called vegetable oils are even worse. Who knows whether saw dust is mixed into our garri? What about the bread we consume that is made with poisonous chemicals? The point is that NAFDAC and other regulatory agencies should save Nigerians from the hands of greedy men who value money above life.
Matters of this nature are not left to people's consciences because unscrupulous men must be stopped by uncompromising agents of the law. Share what you know about this practice in your area.
Back in Elele Rivers state, mum was into palm oil milling business, the women that come to buy the processed palm oil come with some kind of colourant which they add to the oil. There is an easy way of identifying such palm oil, you simply heat up the oil(bleach), an adultrated one will not turn whitish no matter how long U̶̲̥̅ heat it, because of the added colourant.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé / Strange Things You Have Found In Your Food / Peeling Beans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.