Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,006 members, 7,821,526 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets (18941 Views)

If You Are Given This Type Of Food By Your Inlaws (picture) / See The Kind Of Food Served For Lunch At An IDP Camp In Maiduguri / Nairalanders,what Type Of Food Do You Hate/detest Most (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by Shokoloko(f): 5:29pm On Jun 01, 2013
Please people if you buy product you are familiar with and it seems it has change and they was no advert about rebranding on it,please don't use even if the expiration date is far.all these people that go tru rubbish bins pick up containers and sell to some company that make all these fake goods[/quote]

Quite right. I destroy every bin or container before trashing it. Keep a hammer handy to sqash the metal cans

1 Like

Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by Onyegecha(f): 8:09pm On Jun 01, 2013
I like what Shokoloko said about destroying cans after use. It may shock you to know that even products like Milo, Bournvita and powdered milk are produced in people's backyards once they can lay hands on the empty cans. Someone once pointed out to me the difference between original and fake Peak choco sachets. He said he knows where they make those fake ones in Aba. Orlu is also notorious for fake products ranging from drugs, cosmetics, wines, soft drinks and other beverages. We need to do more than destroy empty cans to stop this menace.
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by Zhedoga: 9:46pm On Jun 01, 2013
embarassed cry@Marthaking. U be woman at all? Some people women go shame inthe name of civil<zation
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by delishpot: 11:16pm On Jun 01, 2013
davida222: I dont
know why hubby keeps going back
there maybe cos they are the only
fast food joint close to where we live
sha. And u call ur self a whyf why most ur husband eat at mr biggs?

Olodo. sometimes kids and hubby and I just want to have fun. Can you swear in your life that when you get married you will never buy food from biggs or any other eatery to entertain the family? Okay to be clear, he goes there to buy when ever we decide to just chillax and make kids happy not everyday. I looooove to cook for my family and I love to cook natural no powdered curry or thyme but with locally available stuff. Stop jumping to conclusion and don't be so fast to insult people. Ngwa Tata, go suck bRReast.
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by mafioso47(m): 12:33am On Jun 02, 2013
mitey: Una just dey hear?

Biscuit cookies have not only be growing smaller over the years, but now taste like chemicals and sand. Since I tasted sand in Speedy biscuit a few years back and chemical-like taste in Krackjack, I have stopped eating anything that costs less than N50.

So parents beware, what you are feeding your kids may be not what you think.

I.diot companies, instead of them to simply increase their price, and give us quality products they are adulterating angry angry
lolzzz speedy has only 10 balls in it @still #5 lol.
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by mafioso47(m): 12:39am On Jun 02, 2013
ATM-CARD:
.Chaiiiii.......even GARRI ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA(GAN) is nt left out.Guess it wldn't affect d price shaaa.......just passing.
even with d sawdust the Price keeps soaring my brother lol
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by mafioso47(m): 12:55am On Jun 02, 2013
mu2sa2: This is the secret about egusi: Buy it unshelled, break the shell yourself by hand and grind. Don't buy shelled or ground egusi, it may taste un-egusi. They now break the shell by putting wetted egusi in a sack and hitting the sack on a hard surface repeatedly. This process breaks the shell faster but turn the egusi a bit black. To remove the blackness, the egusi is "washed" in soapy water. Any egusi processed this way will have a bland taste - the ones sold in the market are almost all this type.
Just take a few moment to break the shell one by one by hand with your family and have your natural-tasting egusi.
this is a Wife Material (if you ar a lady)... 100 yards! Nice one
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by klobman: 12:11pm On Jun 02, 2013
While I blame NAFDAC for their lack of focus, I also fault the act that set it up. NAFDAC don't have the jurisdiction to operate to a certain level that is expected.. True, they know these atrocities even more but they can do less... It is good as individuals to empower ourselves with information like this. Not only goods on the market tables, even products on supermarket shelves pose danger.. I can mention some food products that shouldnt have passed NAFDAC's test with the kind of additives used. We need to harness this menace as a nation.
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by degurl(f): 2:40pm On Jun 04, 2013
That of palm oil is a known fact. 99% of all the palm oil sold in Lagos are adultrated. When i was living in Lagos, cooking food that required palm oil was a problem as it was near impossible to see original palm oil.

As for egusi, i know the peeled once are peeled by hand and engine. The hand peeled one is costlier that the the engine peeled melon. The adultrated egusi is the already grinded one.
Same goes for achi. A market woman told me just two days ago that they mix grinded achi with soya beans powder to tripple the quantity!
One thing i know is that i will never buy any grinded stuff, not even pepper. People should invest in manual grinder because its useful when power goes off. That stuff can grind anything. I use mine to grind everything including my dried moringa leaves cos all grinded stuffs sold in the market are all adultrated!.
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by sopufischer: 11:36pm On Oct 11, 2013
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by Gorgeous58(f): 9:57pm On Oct 06, 2014
AbuMikey:
In one word, "Poison nor dey kill African Man"
Is that one word?
Re: Adulteration Of Food Items In Nigerian Markets by marketresearch: 3:40pm On Jan 14, 2015
for Nigerians looking for Nigerian foods/ingredients in the US, you can get your ingredients here - http://www.nigerianfoods.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Hygienic Is Roadside Roasted Plantain: Bolé / How To Make Fish Stew / Dine Out This Festive Season And Take The Food Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.