Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,661 members, 7,809,500 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

Fashola Unveils 57 Adopted Athletes. PICS,, - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Unveils 57 Adopted Athletes. PICS,, (7312 Views)

Fashola Unveils Agenda For Roads, Power And Housing / Photo: Fashola Unveils Lagos Resident Card / Fashola Unveils N2.5bn Falomo On–Ramp Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Unveils 57 Adopted Athletes. PICS,, by EkoIle1: 1:09am On May 31, 2013

[b]
Lagos state governor Babatunde Fashola on Friday unveiled 57 athletes who have been adopted by sponsors in the state’s Adopt-A-Talent sports programme.

Speaking at the ceremony, Governor Fashola said that the future of Nigerian sports can only be built on young athletes that are tapped at their tender ages, noting that the problem of Nigeria’s poor performance in sports emerged because there is a fixation about getting immediate results.

The governor adopted 20 of the athletes while the state deputy governor, Adejoke Orelope Adefulire adopted 10, Chief of staff, Lanre Babalola adopted 2 while the Commissioner for Youth and sports, Enitan Oshodi adopted 2 athletes in table tennis.

“I thank the sponsors and it is not that it will cost you only money, it will also cost you time to help us weld together as a village and community to build our own. As you adopt these children, they would need your mentorship and guidance; they would need your protection. It becomes duty bound not to abuse them for sex or for reward of any type to be undertaken here”.

“These are some of the obligations that you carry; this is philanthropy and sacrifice for the nation. It may seem not to have reward today but it does have rewards. I was at the 40th Asoju Oba Table Tennis competition some three of four years ago and nothing humbled me more than the connection between each of the products of that championship and the sponsor, Chief Molade Okoya- Thomas as everyone related with him affectionately. I hope in truth, someday when these children have fulfilled their promise, they will be able to look at all of you and truly and deeply call you daddy and mummy, I hope also that our children would seize this opportunity with both hands”, Governor Fashola said.[/b]

The Governor also gave kudos to the coaches that have been signed on to train the budding athletes, adding that the government has gone for the very best who have excelled during their own time and are getting good results already with the kids.

The Adopt-A-Talent sports programme was initiated in 2010 with six sports, namely, athletics, basketball, boxing, football, table tennis and volleyball.

“Sports is talent it does not last forever, you will be lucky if you are still competing at 30. And that would need a life of discipline, good diet, good medical care and the one you cannot control which is major injuries. If it happens, there is nothing you can do about it. And that is why it is important that you must have an education first” the Governor enjoined the athletes.

8 Likes

Re: Fashola Unveils 57 Adopted Athletes. PICS,, by gramci: 1:13am On May 31, 2013
brother na wetin be this

1 Like

Re: Fashola Unveils 57 Adopted Athletes. PICS,, by EkoIle1: 1:24am On May 31, 2013
There's nothing like investing time, energy and money on our talented young folks and it's very heartwarming that in between other governing duties and commissioning projects left and right, these elected officials still have took time out to pay special attention to these young talents and ultimately invest in their future.

This is a major correction of so many decades of neglect and lack of support regarding our sports systems and institutions.

This is one exceptional government and group of people...

12 Likes

Re: Fashola Unveils 57 Adopted Athletes. PICS,, by Freewilly(f): 2:07am On May 31, 2013
How does this affect the multitude of poor lagosians who don't know where their next meal will come from.
Re: Fashola Unveils 57 Adopted Athletes. PICS,, by EkoIle1: 3:05am On May 31, 2013
^^^^^^^

The fact that your are hungry and starving in your village doesn't mean we are in Lagos state..

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Unveils 57 Adopted Athletes. PICS,, by gramci: 3:07am On May 31, 2013
Eko Ile: There's nothing like investing time, energy and money on our talented young folks and it's very heartwarming that in between other governing duties and commissioning projects left and right, these elected officials still have took time out to pay special attention to these young talents and ultimately invest in their future.

This is a major correction of so many decades of neglect and lack of support regarding our sports systems and institutions.

This is one exceptional government and group of people...

This kind of retard.ed reasoning wont help you in the long run. Propaganda without substance is bound to implode, its inevitable, you can confirm from those that have traded this part before you.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Unveils 57 Adopted Athletes. PICS,, by EkoIle1: 3:37am On May 31, 2013
^^^^

The sad and hollow cries of a village beggar.

Lagos commission bridge today, na propaganda

Lagos commission road, na propaganda

Lagos commission hospital, na propaganda

Lagos commission school, na propaganda

Lagos help little kids, na propaganda

Are you losers not tired of this silly and pathetic cries for attention?

Meanwhile, your backward village where apart from commissioning isi ewu and pami, they don't even know how to build and commission ordinary borehole.

Even common village river bridge, your forefathers don dey beg beg for that bridge before den born you and they are still begging ...

Pathetic losers...

19 Likes

Re: Fashola Unveils 57 Adopted Athletes. PICS,, by gramci: 3:56am On May 31, 2013
Eko Ile: ^^^^

The sad and hollow cries of a village beggar.

Lagos commission bridge today, na propaganda

Lagos commission road, na propaganda

Lagos commission hospital, na propaganda

Lagos commission school, na propaganda

Lagos help little kids, na propaganda

Are you losers not tired of this silly and pathetic cries for attention?

Meanwhile, your backward village where apart from commissioning isi ewu and pami, they don't even know how to build and commission ordinary borehole.

Even common village river bridge, your forefathers don dey beg beg for that bridge before den born you and they are still begging ...

Pathetic losers...

this happened recently and nobody is bragging about it. Cheap propaganda wont help you.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Unveils 57 Adopted Athletes. PICS,, by EkoIle1: 4:17am On May 31, 2013
Were you going to brag with police cars?

While ya mates dey do big things, na village police cars this clown dey brag and parade for internet...

Suffer head is a bad diseases I swear.... See ya miserable and pathetic life.. lmao......

1 Like

Re: Fashola Unveils 57 Adopted Athletes. PICS,, by Eneze1(f): 9:50am On May 31, 2013
this is a good initiative by the Lagos State Governor, keep up the good work sir
Re: Fashola Unveils 57 Adopted Athletes. PICS,, by Nobody: 9:51am On May 31, 2013
Eko Ile: Were you going to brag with police cars?

While ya mates dey do big things, na village police cars this clown dey brag and parade for internet...

Suffer head is a bad diseases I swear.... See ya miserable and pathetic life.. lmao......
your breed of foolishness is quite rare, I must commend you.

That aside, when is this man going to declare for presidency, I am tired of waiting. Not even for once has a rumour leaked that he is interested.

6 Likes

Re: Fashola Unveils 57 Adopted Athletes. PICS,, by aminho(m): 9:52am On May 31, 2013
Nigeria my country were governance is rivalry instead of competition

1 Like

Re: Fashola Unveils 57 Adopted Athletes. PICS,, by addey(m): 9:56am On May 31, 2013
blink182: your breed of foolishness is quite rare, I must commend you.

That aside, when is this man going to declare for presidency, I am tired of waiting. Not even for once has a rumour leaked that he is interested.

You guys should commend good things at least for once.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Unveils 57 Adopted Athletes. PICS,, by theripper3: 9:57am On May 31, 2013
Eko Ile, I must commend ur pertinacious spirit, they should double ur allowance. U dey try I swear

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Unveils 57 Adopted Athletes. PICS,, by bakynes(m): 9:57am On May 31, 2013
gramci:

this happened recently and nobody is bragging about it. Cheap propaganda wont help you.

Are you alright,I don't think so how can you see purchasing Police vehicles as something worth celebrating, a project that is nt even up to 200 million.Its so obvious u guys are still far behind.Eko o ni baje

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Unveils 57 Adopted Athletes. PICS,, by 1shortblackboy: 10:09am On May 31, 2013
This program make sense na who kon dey diss fashola for here? angry
Re: Fashola Unveils 57 Adopted Athletes. PICS,, by EkoAtlantic: 10:10am On May 31, 2013
Eko ile ain't lenient with these villagers cheesy

Smack down...
Re: Fashola Unveils 57 Adopted Athletes. PICS,, by miqos02(m): 10:19am On May 31, 2013
nice one
Re: Fashola Unveils 57 Adopted Athletes. PICS,, by Opey4luv(m): 10:43am On May 31, 2013
Re: Fashola Unveils 57 Adopted Athletes. PICS,, by Opey4luv(m): 10:47am On May 31, 2013
Fashola is working, Ajimobi is working, GEJ is talking. Nigerian leaders logic
Re: Fashola Unveils 57 Adopted Athletes. PICS,, by ba7man(m): 10:50am On May 31, 2013
gramci:

Oh my God....I hope its not the same Nigerian police i know that they plan on giving those cars to. If they could wreck those Toyota Hilux trucks and Prado jeeps in no time like they did.....I wonder what they'll do to these ones.
Re: Fashola Unveils 57 Adopted Athletes. PICS,, by Evestar200(f): 10:55am On May 31, 2013
Even with all this delta state will be d champion of nigeria,,cuz we hv already catch dem young since
Re: Fashola Unveils 57 Adopted Athletes. PICS,, by Bobandgreat: 11:02am On May 31, 2013
Fashola take style ugly ooo. Abi na my eyes?
Re: Fashola Unveils 57 Adopted Athletes. PICS,, by bratan(m): 11:09am On May 31, 2013
It's all about rationalism. Those cars are perishables n won't be sound in 2yrs time. Compared to constructed bridges that will last centuries or investing in young athletes that would become the Usain Bol(a)tito of Nigeria. Like the police cars though.
Re: Fashola Unveils 57 Adopted Athletes. PICS,, by AbuMikey(m): 11:11am On May 31, 2013
Make somebody con adopt ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ ƒό̲̣̣̣̥r̲̅ CRiCKet oo... N̶̲̅α̲̅ beg i d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ beg!
Re: Fashola Unveils 57 Adopted Athletes. PICS,, by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:20am On May 31, 2013
Freewilly: How does this affect the multitude of poor lagosians who don't know where their next meal will come from.
dude, if u dnt knw where ur next meal will come from, go ur fillage go farm na!

Oh, sorry, na red soil full ur town. Abi u go like call am red carpet? grin

1 Like

Re: Fashola Unveils 57 Adopted Athletes. PICS,, by Nobody: 11:20am On May 31, 2013
Evestar200: Even with all this delta state will be d champion of nigeria,,cuz we hv already catch dem young since
yes you are right, by breeding militants

1 Like

Re: Fashola Unveils 57 Adopted Athletes. PICS,, by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:25am On May 31, 2013
blink182: your breed of foolishness is quite rare, I must commend you.

talk abt intelligence, talk abt stealthily active, talk abt sense...those will be why u heard nothing until he is up behind u!

The same way yar'dua was!
Oya, say after me:::::sense!
Re: Fashola Unveils 57 Adopted Athletes. PICS,, by Nobody: 11:25am On May 31, 2013
While other governors are 'empowering' their youths by giving them guns and bombs so as to become militants/terrorists. Fashola is busy investing positively in the future of the youths. EKO ONI BAJE O

1 Like

Re: Fashola Unveils 57 Adopted Athletes. PICS,, by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:26am On May 31, 2013
lakhadimar: yes you are right, by breeding militants
grin and hunting season is over!
Re: Fashola Unveils 57 Adopted Athletes. PICS,, by mployer(m): 11:42am On May 31, 2013
I luv d moni in lagos. I luv d fashola of lagos, but don't know if I truly luv lagos undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Name and faces of 12 Soldiers Sentenced To Death For ‘shooting’ GOC / Buhari Wins Jonathan In Lagos With A Close Margin - Omoyele Sowore / Shocking!! Egun are Not Yoruba---Dr. Pius Fasinu And The Ogu Collective

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.