Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,238 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:27 AM

Starting An Oil Palm Plantation - Agriculture (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting An Oil Palm Plantation (239955 Views)

Aregbesola Interacts With Farmers In Their Cocoa Plantation (pics) / Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures / Invest In Oil Palm Plantation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by stint(m): 9:59pm On Aug 17, 2014
please what is nifor website. I want to find out where there office is here in osun so I can go there to ask questions.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Haishophem(m): 4:48am On Aug 18, 2014
Revolva: Oil palm plantation....for which land for lagos.....na wa ooo

Eko Atlantic still get un cultivated land d last time I checked
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by obxddon(m): 11:31am On Aug 18, 2014
Please I have just one plot of land.....can I start with this and also how much do I need to start with
.....or should I just focus on the buying of the product from locals and selling it out to the city dwellers and if that is the case how much do I need to start dis too
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 18, 2014
obxddon: Please I have just one plot of land.....can I start with this and also how much do I need to start with
.....or should I just focus on the buying of the product from locals and selling it out to the city dwellers and if that is the case how much do I need to start dis too
I think its better to buy from villagers you can store it at home for some period to reach. The peak period and sell,you can start for as low as 10k it depends. How large or small you want to start with
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by usmanah: 6:41pm On Aug 18, 2014
Please who knows where I can buy palm kernel in large quantity in Edo state. I am about to start a palm kernel oil mill
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by loneytunes(m): 2:23pm On Aug 19, 2014
MANGAM: I finished planting the palm tree seedlings and waiting til August, 2014 to apply fertilizer. Wil share pics when appling.

Also, by October, 2014 I intend to plant water melom in the farmland as this wil help in reducing evaporation and equally giving the soil. More nutrient.

Sir, please what is the time line between planting the seedlings and planting the water melon? Also is there any spacing to be noted when planting the water melon so that it will not have any negative effect on the palm trees.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by MANGAM(m): 9:50pm On Aug 19, 2014
I planted the palms in may and am planting the water melon in September to be harvested in December. The water melon is planted so as to prevent weed growing and it add more nutrient to the soil. Little spacing should be considered when planting the water melon.
loneytunes:

Sir, please what is the time line between planting the seedlings and planting the water melon? Also is there any spacing to be noted when planting the water melon so that it will not have any negative effect on the palm trees.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by loneytunes(m): 8:25am On Aug 20, 2014
MANGAM: I planted the palms in may and am planting the water melon in September to be harvested in December. The water melon is planted so as to prevent weed growing and it add more nutrient to the soil. Little spacing should be considered when planting the water melon.

Thanks. Kindly clarify the spacing part pls. So must I wait 4 months before planting the water melon?
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by MANGAM(m): 8:45am On Aug 20, 2014
There's no definite time or spacing. I will advice u plant ur w melon afta 3-6months because by then the palm wil be strong enough to resist any competition for nutrients from other plants. Spacing should be consider when planting the w. Melon so that the wings or hands of the melon won't tangle with young palm tree. The Palm tree grows upward while the melon just spread around on the ground
loneytunes:

Thanks. Kindly clarify the spacing part pls. So must I wait 4 months before planting the water melon?
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by MANGAM(m): 9:17am On Aug 20, 2014
I went to an palm tree plantation last year in Ondo state and I discovered that provision wasn't made for road within the plantion. When palnting ur palm trees make sure u do a proper mapping out the entire farm layout. Access roads shoud provided inside the farm plantation in such a way the truck(vehicle) can move inside the farm as this will greatly help during harvesting.
Also collection centre shud be provided for within the farm where all fruits harvested will be collected and processed (some mills are situated in the collection centre)
Again, access to water within ur farm shud be put into consideration. Borehole can be provided for and for guys that can't afford drilling of borehole like me can sight there farm close to a river or stream.
A map shud also be created of the entire farmland.
Secretatriate or office complex. Yes, this very important. A land at the entrance of the farm shud be left for future use to erect an house complex where all adminstractive functions will be carried out.
U can add urs if I miss out anything

2 Likes

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by hotmas911(m): 9:19am On Aug 20, 2014
How many smart agropreneur or intending farmers will sieze this opportunity. All glory to God, as we have gone past the level of people doubting our credibility on nairaland. Nairalanders like stanchucks, kerriman, 1978fusi, doctorisa, lesgupnigeria, nairaanddollar and host of others that we don't know their usernames have all patronised us. These people and others from olx with other places have taken immediate possession of their land without any issue. So gone are the days of "is it genuine?".
You too can join the club of proud farmland owners with just 30% down payment and spread the rest over 12 months.
We have land suitable for most crops like, cassava, oil palm, maize, plantain, cashew etc.
Minimum sale is 10 acres.
Price is from 80k per acre
This offer is powered by Hastom Global Services Limited with RC no. 864168. Pay 30% and start immediate use of the land.
Contact 08060318769,09095658428, 08123235949. Mail me dto911@gmail.com
CHECK this link to know more about us https://www.nairaland.com/1808249/meet-hotmas911-most-trusted-biggest
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Stdhayour: 7:58am On Sep 07, 2014
hello house. I need someone with experience that can help me with a feasibility report on starting an oil palm plantation...

1 Like

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by felixzo1(m): 10:51am On Sep 07, 2014
Stdhayour: hello house. I need someone with experience that can help me with a feasibility report on starting an oil palm plantation...
what land area do you have in mind. sent me a mail talk2fanen@gmail.com
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Stdhayour: 8:43am On Sep 08, 2014
20acres for a start
felixzo1: what land area do you have in mind. sent me a mail talk2fanen@gmail.com
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by MANGAM(m): 3:08pm On Sep 11, 2014
Today I went to kuje area council of the Fct to look at the Area council's palm plantation and I almost cried because of what saw. The plantion has abt 500 mature palms, producing and are left unattended to. What a waste!

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by MANGAM(m): 3:11pm On Sep 11, 2014
!

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:21pm On Sep 11, 2014
Stdhayour: hello house. I need someone with experience that can help me with a feasibility report on starting an oil palm plantation...
You can contact me on yusuffgbenga@gmail.com or info@agrolesgupservices.com or call me on 08164628081.

1 Like

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by babyboy2(m): 8:39pm On Sep 12, 2014
I am also interested in getting a feasibility report for oil palm plantation. I am hoping to set up my farm in Edo State.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Kennyfancy(m): 1:56pm On Nov 06, 2014
okine4real:
I have been hearing lots of people, talking about different types of Agricultural produce they can plant or would want to plant, But what i have not seen on these forum is for someone to really come out and tell us, all the stress, difficulties, ups and down he/she went through before setting up there plantation.

I want to start by saying i have managed to secure mine self 13 plots of land. Each plot is a 100 by 100 feet. i want to start up an oil palm plantation. I have been able to buy 1755 oil palm Nursery from NIFOR. My story goes like these.......

Each oil palm nursery cost 150 Naira
Loading of each oil palm Nursery inside the vehicle is 20 Naira each
I paid 50,000 to convey the goods from IMO state to Ibusa Delta state.

On getting to the farm, the vehicle could not get to ibusa on time, the vehicle got to ibusa around 9.30pm. So the vehicle had to park in the house for the night. The next morning the journey to the farm began around 6.30Am, on getting to the entrance of the farm, the vehicle could not go in, because of poor road network. The vehicle managed to drive in but as the vehicle drove in, some sticks punctured one tire. So we had to off load the hold oil palm nursery on the ground. So we hard to go hire a pick up van. The van owner charged us 6,000 to convey the nursery to a location closer to mine own farm because there are other people farm in front of mine farm. now after that, i had to call the Hausa boys to use there wheelbarrow to convey the nursery to the farm, they charged 24,000. na wa ohhhh

Now the next stage is for me to plant. My mum's brother did one of these Agricultural causes is school, so he is a professional when planting oil palms.

We used a spacing is 8.7feet. you heard me clear, 8.7 feet. while they where doing the measurement, you know when planting oil palm, you have to do pegging, some hard roots was sitting on the sport where he was suppose to plant the oil palm, there was so much roots on the ground, we called the Hausa people again, they charged me 30,000 to uproot all the hard roots. so work continued. As am specking now, they have finished planting the 1755 oil palms. They would be buying more 200 palms because its like the land is more bigger than with i was told.

While am putting these here is for the new people that wants to go into farming. People, if you must go into farming, you must have money..... The more you go into it, the more unforeseen issues comes, and if you don't have cash to solve the issue immediately, your work would be suspended.

Also it does not end in just planting, there are still lots of things to be done before the said three years when you would starting harvesting.

So far so good, i have don't lots of mistakes in setting up mine oil palm plantation. If i have read some post that advices one on NL about setting up Oil palm plantation, i would not have made these silly mistakes.

if you are setting up an oil palm plantation.

Never you buy expensive lands.
Buy from NIFOR in your State not from outside your state
Let there me good motor able rood, so the vehicle conveying the palms can go into your land direct.
Make sure there is know roots in the ground that would disturb when planting

I would update later when more things comes into mine head
pls sir, where ar u in ibusa ?, me i skul in ogwash
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by okine4real: 7:26pm On Nov 16, 2014
Kennyfancy:
pls sir, where ar u in ibusa ?, me i skul in ogwash

am in lagos. I leave in Lagos, I only breeze into Ibuza for transactions ( oil palm tinz)

Any ruins for me?
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by akinvest(m): 7:31pm On Nov 30, 2014
Alright! keep it rolling.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:04am On Dec 01, 2014
obxddon:
Please I have just one plot of land.....can I start with this and also how much do I need to start with
1 plot is not feasible.i think you can buy from the locals and to city dwellers as planned by yourself.
Goodluck.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by AreaFada2: 3:14am On Dec 04, 2014
Nice thread
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by kart042000(m): 7:38pm On Dec 15, 2014
Hello good people of nairaland, If i want to clear a land with bulldozer and then rent a tractor to plough the soil in preparation for the pegging, how much do they charge per day?

And please what insecticide and fertilizer do you recommend, and how much are they?

Any recommendation of a small/medium scale modern equipments used for palm oil processing and palm kernel processing?

Please i need the names of equipments and possible places to get them in Nigeria with the duration it takes to install and cost of equipments please.

I have been reading several materials online, but I have not really seen that one equipment for small/medium scale mill that does the palm fruit separation from the bunch, nut cracker, boiler, oil extractor and further steaming.

Please i am very new into this business and i need your support, thanks

1 Like

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by kart042000(m): 12:17pm On Dec 17, 2014
okine4real:
I came across these on another thread on Nairaland... So i said i should copy it here and shed some light....

The OP Wrote

The palm kernel oil (grand nut oil) when refined is a lucrative and profitable business which many people do not know unless you have been into the sector.
It can be run in a small, medium and large scale. depending on the financial capacity of he who wants to set it up.
This is most profitable when it is been set up in the Eastern and Western Nigeria where the Palm Kernel Nuts PKN is found in a lager quantity.
Just take a look on the present analysis

THE ANALYSIS
(PKN = Palm kernel nut, PKO =Palm kernel oil, PKC =Palm kernel cake)
In every 25 metric tons of good palm kernel nut
(PKN) you are expected to get 10 metric tons of PKO and at least 13.5 metric tons of PKC

A ton of PKN = N 70,000 (presently)
A ton of PKO = N 195,000 (presently)
A ton of PKC = N 15,000 (presently)

25 ton of PKN = N1, 750,000
10 ton of PKO = N1, 950,000
13.5 ton of PKC = N 202,500

PKO + PKC – PKN = Gross profit
+ 202,500
402,500 GP = N 402,500

The Machine is designed to crush 10 tons of PKN in every 24hrs and this is to say that it is capable of crushing more than 40 metric tones every week at least.
So take it that, at least you where able to make 4 transactions in a month this will give you 402,500 x 4 = 1,610,000 take your wages and salary, Nepa bill, Maintenance to be N400,000 you will see that you will be having N1,210,000 as your net profit each month.

The OP forget to include the cost of Diesel.... in these country, you cant ever have 24 hours light...... so if you include the cost of diesel, definitely your profit would decrease.

Also the OP did not mention how many staff he employed in his factory.... If he has seven staff and he is paying lets say 20k each, the total would amount to 140k, these would also decrease the profit.

Okay sorry i did not read the part where the OP wrote about salaries, wages, NEPA bal bla bla.... But mine main concerns is, let the people really practicing these business really come up and speck. I have been reading lots figures people say they make as profit..... But mine concern is, are they really making that amount of profit they are talking about?
He didn't talk about palm oil, shell, and also the debris used as biofuel. I guess he his into palm kernel oil production only.

Please i need your help on so many questions, can i have your email pls or if you are on whatsapp. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by sogefe(m): 8:31pm On Dec 21, 2014
Pls I need a farmland wit size of at least 10hectares in ogun state. If available kindly send a text to 08087185655. Thanks
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by joyjoomla(m): 4:22pm On Dec 28, 2014
igbonla:

I followed the FAO manual that I mentioned in my earlier write up using 9m by 9m (see attached extract from the document). I am far away from the farm now, it will take a while to get some pics. Will share whenever I get some.

Bought the palm at same price (N150 each), you can buy the smaller, younger seedlings for about N30 but will require further grow out in the nursery before you can plant in the open field.

Please bros, I also need a copy of the report.
Joyjoe85@gmail.com
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by joyjoomla(m): 4:56pm On Dec 28, 2014
igbonla:

I apologize for the typo, it is 10,000 plantain per hectare (2.5 acres). I have corrected the info in the earlier post.

Thanks for pointing it out. Not sure of what else to share on the plantain but it is pretty straightforward once you get the real suckers and there are many good sources around.
I have another manual on that but it is too bulky to be attached here, still waiting for ideas on how to make it smaller by those experienced in such.

Please boss send me the manual. Joyjoe85@gmail.com Thanks
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by joyjoomla(m): 5:12pm On Dec 28, 2014
okine4real:
mine feasibility report just dropped in mine mail. i dont know if these business is blood money but am seeing 60M Net profit. And from his analysis the land is just 25 acre which means its just 1500 palms trees. How can 1500 palm trees give you 60M net profit? even if its from the 8 year one start making these kind of profit, is it possible?

Bros please help me with the report.
Joyjoe85@gmail.com. Am an aspiring oil farming, planning to start work soon. I'll be grateful
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by okine4real: 10:07am On Jan 11, 2015
joyjoomla:

Bros please help me with the report.
Joyjoe85@gmail.com. Am an aspiring oil farming, planning to start work soon. I'll be grateful

the quote is somewhere in my mail, but for yoy to hit 60M net profit, you need to buy more then 300 or 500 hectars of land......
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jan 11, 2015
@magnam, hwfar with ur palm trees?
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by AreaFada2: 4:55am On Jan 12, 2015
ok

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (29) (Reply)

500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. / The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.