Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,215 members, 7,849,756 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:10 AM

Telling The Truth Hurts: - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Telling The Truth Hurts: (1235 Views)

6 Clichè Lies Nigerian Girls Need To Stop Telling - The Herald / After Telling Him The Truth He Hated Me Forever. / Which Statement Hurts The Most In A Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Telling The Truth Hurts: by sylvao2000(m): 3:49pm On Apr 30, 2008
I told the girl im in love with that this girl we know was prettier than her. She took it very hard. She even canceled our plans for tomorrow we had been waiting a month for. I feel terrible about all this. She asked and I told her the truth.

I need a girl's advice here on how to fix this. I was thinking of stopping by her place and giving her roses with a letter telling her how I feel. If this is a bad idea i need to know from an outside opinion. If you have a better idea please tell me.

I also need advice on how not to get caught in this again. It started as i said how this guy was really lucky to be with her. she's gorgeous. and then she asked if i thought she was prettier than her. I told her yes. How can I avoid this again (if it happens again) without lying to her.
Re: Telling The Truth Hurts: by Dreloaded(f): 4:00pm On Apr 30, 2008
were you drunk? 

No seriously is this like your first relationship?

How does anyone still fall for that trick in this century?

Ok how long have you two been together? I'd admit she sounds young because only a girl would ask such a question. It usually means they need assurance that you believe they are "the most beautiful person in the world", most mature women don't ask such questions because frankly we know we wouldnt like it if we hear the opposite of what we want thus we avoid the wahala all around.

You either need to find a way to change this into some sorta joke and make sure she believes it and never again say such things and since you were actually thick eno0ugh to fall for this, let me mention that saying "Yes" to "do I look fat in this" will also get you into trouble, unless of course she become syou wife then you can tell her the so called truth all you want.
Re: Telling The Truth Hurts: by StephenP(m): 4:02pm On Apr 30, 2008
[size=13pt]I'm not a woman but I know that that was hella dumb. Never tell a woman that some other woman is more beautiful than her. Unless of course you are planning on destroying your friendship with her. I have learnt that sometimes, you just have to tell women sweet nothings in their ears. It's not really lying, you're just telling her what she wants to hear. I think you should go ahead with your plan but don't expect her to accept just like that. [/size]
Re: Telling The Truth Hurts: by cuteass1(f): 4:05pm On Apr 30, 2008
LOL, thats girls for you. But you too, na wa for you sef. Why would you be counting how lucky someone else is when you have your own girl in your arms?
I mean nobody is asking you not to appreciate God's creature, but you don't have to be rubbing it in on someone else. The other girl is gorgeous, yea, and you thingk her guy is lucky, all good but you don't have to shout it out with a mic nah. All you could have done is appreciate her in your mind Cos no girl will be happy walking with her guy and having him wish to be in some other guy's shoe wink Abet you wouldn't appreciate  it if your girl saw some guy on the street and goes "that's the guy i wish i was dating" . .  Hope you get the drift wink

The deed's been done sha, there's only left to mend it. Your plan is a good one, but you got to have sincere words to back it up, If you love her, they shouldn't be far fetched.

Tell her that though the girl in question is pretty and all that, its her you want to be with because you think she's beautiful in and out. Tell her its her you're attracted to, ad if you wanted to date the other girl, you wouldn't be there asking her to forgive you. Tell her you were just trying to be honest with her, not hurt her. Tell her that in your eyes she'll always be your queen irrespective of someone else's beauty, she's the one that's got your heart beating.

I'm not telling you to say these things for saying's sake oo, but because you mean them, because that's how  you feel about her. I assume i'm right Cos otherwise you wouldn't be here seeking advise to soften her heart, right?

She'll come around, just give her some time, and be sweet to her. She naturally felt the love you have for her is measured by her beaty, let her know it isnt and both of you will be just fine.
Next time, please be careful eehn, in as much as its unrealistic, every girl wants to be "miss world" in her partner's eye" wink Just do everything in your power to avoid the question if the answer isn't what you think she wants to hear Cos i don't feel you should lie either.

D-reloaded:

were you drunk? 

No seriously is this like your first relationship?

How does anyone still fall for that trick in this century?

Ok how long have you two been together? I'd admit she sounds young because only a girl would ask such a question. It usually means they need assurance that you believe they are "the most beautiful person in the world", most mature women don't ask such questions because frankly we know we wouldnt like it if we hear the opposite of what we want thus we avoid the wahala all around.

I thought so too, lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Telling The Truth Hurts: by Dreloaded(f): 4:09pm On Apr 30, 2008
cute-ass:

Tell her that hough the girl in question is pretty and all that, its her you want to be with because you think she's beautiful in and out. Tell her its her you're attracted to, ad if you wanted to date the other girl, you wouldn't be there asking her to forgive you. Tell her you were just trying to be honest with her, not hurt her. Tell her that in your eyes she'll always be your queen irrespective of someone else's beauty, she's the one that's got your heart beating.

This I agree with

as for corny rose nonsense, I hope she jabs you with it.
Re: Telling The Truth Hurts: by opokonwa(m): 4:12pm On Apr 30, 2008
Simple. Keep your goddamned mouth shut!
Re: Telling The Truth Hurts: by cuteass1(f): 4:15pm On Apr 30, 2008
opokonwa:

Simple. Keep your goddamned mouth shut!

Too late, he already opened it sad But i'm sure he knows what to do next time, should same situation come by.

D-reloaded:

This I agree with

as for corny rose nonsense, I hope she jabs you with it.

You're mean, I swear lol. tongue

1 Like

Re: Telling The Truth Hurts: by Sisikill: 4:32pm On Apr 30, 2008
were you drunk? 

Rotflmao. . .took the words out of my mouth keyboard

@ Poster
No Roses please. It's soooo cliche, if she's anything like me she'll throw it in the trash the minute you hand it to her.
Re: Telling The Truth Hurts: by cuteass1(f): 4:37pm On Apr 30, 2008
Sisikill:

Rotflmao. . .took the words out of my mouth keyboard

@ Poster
No Roses please. It's soooo cliche, if she's anything like me she'll throw it in the trash the minute you hand it to her.

I think he should know his girl's taste. If she's a sucker for things like that, i mean the roses then it wouldn't be innapropriate. For some girls, roses do the trick wink Just as long as he doesn't expect the roses to do all the work for him. The roses should be a starting point, not the whole package.

If she's not a fairy-tale romance queen, then the roses should be deleted.

1 Like

Re: Telling The Truth Hurts: by SexxyNaija(f): 4:40pm On Apr 30, 2008
HEyyy Nawaahh for youu oooh, why nah
Thats like your girlfriend telling you, well I know this guy with a bigger coco, lol how would your face look after that one.

I dont know how to fix something like that, lol, yikes next time lipsrsealed
Re: Telling The Truth Hurts: by welli(f): 4:47pm On Apr 30, 2008
dnt ever tell ur girl smone else is finer dan her.nxt time it should go like dis
ur girl:is welly prettier dan i am
u:she is wonderfully made bt i prefer u to any other woman
ur girl:dat does nt ans my ques
u:c'mon leave her alone,she is nt worth d worry.u are my woman anytime anyday*den kiss her till she 4gets d ques*
Re: Telling The Truth Hurts: by Dreloaded(f): 4:54pm On Apr 30, 2008
You havent even heard where she should jab sef, cuteass tongue
Re: Telling The Truth Hurts: by simoen(f): 4:54pm On Apr 30, 2008
dnt ever tell your girl smone else is finer dan her.nxt time it should go like this
your girl:is welly prettier dan i am
u:she is wonderfully made bt i prefer u to any other woman
your girl:that does nt ans my ques
u:c'mon leave her alone,she is nt worth d worry.u are my woman anytime anyday*den kiss her till she 4gets d ques*

true talk,

Go back and tell it was all  a JOKE, i bet u.  . . she go slap u. . lol tongue, but dont do it nxt tym, instead juz kip it yr ya sef.
Re: Telling The Truth Hurts: by Sisikill: 5:04pm On Apr 30, 2008
For some girls, roses do the trick 

Lol. . .really? I guess I'm just so used to seeing guys (my brothers and Friends) use Roses as a Gba je kin simi  type thing. Turned me off roses faster than you can say "Baby these are for you"

@ Poster
Okay oh try your luck with the roses but make sure you have more than 5 feet separating you two. . .just in case and don't turn you back to her.

(1) (Reply)

Help! Lost G-string. / Help My Gf Hardly Calls Me / Is It True That All Men Are Promiscuous ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.