Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,756 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners (82625 Views)

Makeover,ankara & Cake Training For Beginners & Upgraders In Warri-delta State / Free Microsoft Excel Training Materials: From Beginners To Advanced / What Tinder Did For Dating, Tableau Wants To Do For Spreadsheets (BI) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by manny4life(m): 5:12pm On Sep 07, 2013
Now that you have learned excel, here are questions for you
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by Numerouuuno: 9:50pm On Sep 07, 2013
manny4life: Now that you have learned excel, here are questions for you
where's the question
Let M̶̲̥̅Ƹ practice what I've learnt.
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by esere826: 3:01pm On Sep 08, 2013
^^^
You could try teaching people what you have learnt so far
It helps for practice and memory retention wink
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by Numerouuuno: 9:22pm On Sep 08, 2013
esere826:
^^^
You could try teaching people what you have learnt so far
It helps for practice and memory retention wink
yeah i know,but it will be better for people to state what they wanna learn first.
Or else,♍Ɣ teaching would just be a duplicate of your thread/post.
So let ♍Ɣ fellow students ask questions and let's answer it together.
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by Onekycarsystems: 7:07pm On Sep 09, 2013
Thank you. i got some knowledge of excel based on what you've shared
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by lymelyte(m): 12:45am On Sep 10, 2013
Please where can I learn "PC & LAPTOPS REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE"?
GODBLESS continue to bless you all as your reply.
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by lymelyte(m): 9:02am On Sep 10, 2013
Numero uuuno: check wwwdotbookboondotcom maybe there an e-book on such.goodluck
Thanks n God bless
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by Numerouuuno: 6:07pm On Sep 10, 2013
lymelyte:
Thanks n God bless
You're welcome
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by stanogb(m): 10:23am On Sep 25, 2013
I am a computer instructor. Let me ask you guys some questions in EXCEL 2007.

1. Which of the following options is a formula?

a. Subtract the numbers from A1 to A5
b. A1 = A5
c. Add A1 - A5
d. =SUM(A1:A5)

2. What does the formula =IF(SCORE>=7,SCORE-8%)ENTER do?

a. Subtracts 7 from the SCORE 8%
b. SCORES the 7th number 8%
c. Subtracts 8% from SCORE greater than or equal to 7
d. Subtracts 8% of the SCORE from SCORES greater than or equal to 7

3. The accounting style shows negative numbers in____________.

a. Bold
b. Brackets
c. Parenthesis
d. Quotes

Lets see the gurus.
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by manny4life(m): 11:12am On Sep 25, 2013
stan-ogb:
I am a computer instructor. Let me ask you guys some questions in EXCEL 2007.

1. Which of the following options is a formula?

a. Subtract the numbers from A1 to A5
b. A1 = A5
c. Add A1 - A5
d. =SUM(A1:A5)

2. What does the formula =IF(SCORE>=7,SCORE-8%)ENTER do?

a. Subtracts 7 from the SCORE 8%
b. SCORES the 7th number 8%
c. Subtracts 8% from SCORE greater than or equal to 7
d. Subtracts 8% of the SCORE from SCORES greater than or equal to 7

3. The accounting style shows negative numbers in____________.

a. Bold
b. Brackets
c. Parenthesis
d. Quotes

Lets see the gurus.

1. To begin ANY form of calculated expression formula in Excel, you MUST start with the "Equal or =" sign. Therefore, the answer is is D. You're asking Excel to "SUM" the range of A1:A4.

2. The "IF" is a logical expression formula, and it simply means, "IF" SCORE is greater than or =7, then the SCORE should have a -8% or 0.08 subtracted from it. In your expression, Excel will calculate based on the "=" to 7, such as (7)x(8/100) therefore answer is C.

3. This is very obvious, the answer is B (Brackets). Example, -$560 when formatted using the "Accounting" format will be $(560.00). The brackets replacing the "-" expression.

Sorry bro, these are basics of Excel, and not really intermediate let alone "advanced" for the GURUS, come up with another question. grin grin
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by manny4life(m): 1:37pm On Sep 25, 2013
This question is for intermediate users.

Problem 1: The table below states the grading system range from 75% to 100%, grade in alphabetical order. For instance, >=90 is "A". Compute a simple formula to grade from 75 to 100.

This is the table below

Column A

95 (A+)

90 (A)

85+ (B+)

80+ (B)

75+ (C+)

Assuming cell B1 is the active cell (for instance you enter 90 to use as a guide), and B2 is the dependent cell (use B1 to enter your function), write the function showing if B1 is changed to any of the figures shown above, what should be the resultant expression. Example, if B1 is changed from 90 to 80, the resultant value of B2 should say "B"

Tips: Use ONLY the "IF" function and also nest your formulas. If you use other Logical expressions, please state why.

Note: Do not forget to make write the basic expression of () if B1 is blank. If B1 is blank, use N/A

Time to complete: 15mins at the most.
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by McboG: 8:18pm On Oct 16, 2013
manny4life: This question is for intermediate users.

Problem 1: The table below states the grading system range from 75% to 100%, grade in alphabetical order. For instance, >=90 is "A". Compute a simple formula to grade from 75 to 100.

This is the table below

Column A

95 (A+)

90 (A)

85+ (B+)

80+ (B)

75+ (C+)

Assuming cell B1 is the active cell (for instance you enter 90 to use as a guide), and B2 is the dependent cell (use B1 to enter your function), write the function showing if B1 is changed to any of the figures shown above, what should be the resultant expression. Example, if B1 is changed from 90 to 80, the resultant value of B2 should say "B"

Tips: Use ONLY the "IF" function and also nest your formulas. If you use other Logical expressions, please state why.

Note: Do not forget to make write the basic expression of () if B1 is blank. If B1 is blank, use N/A

Time to complete: 15mins at the most.

Na this kweshun porshoe all of una like dis? grin
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by manny4life(m): 11:07pm On Oct 17, 2013
Na wa o, a week tomorrow will make it a MONTH and no one has attempted to answer the question
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by esere826: 4:20pm On Oct 18, 2013
manny4life: Na wa o, a week tomorrow will make it a MONTH and no one has attempted to answer the question

hope u know say book no easy angry

1 Like

Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by manny4life(m): 5:05pm On Oct 18, 2013
esere826:

hope u know say book no easy angry

Haha, book easy for pesin wey sabi am...

grin grin
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by manny4life(m): 8:06pm On Oct 18, 2013
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by Numerouuuno: 8:24pm On Oct 18, 2013
You stated that the question was for intermediate users.
Esere's lessons was for beginners like me and many others,but i'll try my hands on it anyway.
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by jaybee3(m): 9:16pm On Oct 18, 2013
Formula

IF(A1>=95,"A+",IF(AND(A1>=90,A1<95),"A",IF(AND(A1>=85,A1<90),"B+",IF(AND(A1>=80,A1<85),"B",IF(AND(A1>=75,A1<80),"C+","N/K")))))

2 Likes

Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by martyns303(m): 9:38pm On Oct 18, 2013
@moderator Jaybee. Is it ok to insult another nairalander by calling him/her an animal? That was a rhetorical question and do not require an answer since we can distiquish for ourselves, someone seems it fit to call me an animal, I have not offended this person in anyway, I didn't refer to this person or made any insinuations, but when I stood to defend myself u seem it fit to hide my post and further banned me on grounds of insulting another nairalander, the very thought of it defies logical reasoning and I propose u do the right thing, 1. Ur going to unhide my post. 2. U will unban me. If however u felt I have violated NL rules, apparently the other person must have violated same rule by referring to me as an animal, so ur going to be fair in ur judgement by 1. Hidding his post. 2. Banning him for the same period as myself.
https://www.nairaland.com/1482677/she-wasted-food/1

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Police Officer Meagan Hall Dismissed For On-Shift Sex Romps & Illicit Affairs / Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) / Man Spotted Love Machine In Their Office Today - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.