Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,451 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners (82673 Views)

Makeover,ankara & Cake Training For Beginners & Upgraders In Warri-delta State / Free Microsoft Excel Training Materials: From Beginners To Advanced / What Tinder Did For Dating, Tableau Wants To Do For Spreadsheets (BI) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by JanetWinslet(f): 4:36am On Jul 25, 2013
Nice thread,i will have a try .
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by hal9000: 10:27am On Jul 25, 2013
lecorn:
i got it now..thanks..much work easier now

No probs, bro. Glad to be of help.

----

@manny, u still need help on that automated employee payrole ish?
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by midiwifi(m): 9:40pm On Jul 25, 2013
May the good LORD bless u real good for this and everybody contributing in this tutorial. Pls I need the attachments also.My email address is easytom2002@yahoo.com
nyabingi: PLEASE CAN YOU SEND ME THE COURSE IN ATTACHMENT TO MY EMAIL:mekasplash@yahoo.com BECAUSE I FIND IT DIFFICULT TO CONTINUE SCROLLING BETWEEN MY WEB BROWSER AND THE SPREADSHEET, THANKS A LOT YOU'RE DOING A GREAT JOB.
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by Numerouuuno: 8:07am On Jul 26, 2013
nyabingi: PLEASE CAN YOU SEND ME THE COURSE IN ATTACHMENT TO MY EMAIL:mekasplash@yahoo.com BECAUSE I FIND IT DIFFICULT TO CONTINUE SCROLLING BETWEEN MY WEB BROWSER AND THE SPREADSHEET, THANKS A LOT YOU'RE DOING A GREAT JOB.
midiwifi: May the good LORD bless u real good for this and everybody contributing in this tutorial. Pls I need the attachments also.My email address is easytom2002@yahoo.com
pls could any of you guys forward the attachment to M̶̲̥̅Ƹ also, ⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶⌣
temistatics@gmail.com
Or u could just send an email message to M̶̲̥̅Ƹ
Through nairaland
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by slap1(m): 10:26am On Jul 26, 2013
hal9000:

----

Bro, please I need it. How can I learn/get it?
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by slap1(m): 10:31am On Jul 26, 2013
GREAT THREAD!
I took a course in Excel some years ago, but lack of practice have done me harm. I can't do much on it now.
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by richoko60: 1:47pm On Jul 26, 2013
manny4life:

Are you trying to merge worksheets from different workbooks?

For advanced features like Pivots and Macros, there are very good books out there. Although you need a good (not expert) VBA background to understand some advanced features.

Yes i want to merge worksheets from different workbooks
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by hal9000: 11:56pm On Jul 26, 2013
slap1: Bro, please I need it. How can I learn/get it?

It basically involves using formulas. Assuming you want Excel to calculate (10 x 2) for you, just type 10 in cell A1, 2 in cell B1, then in cell C1 type '=A1*B1' (without the inverted commas) and press 'enter'. 20 will appear there. If you copy the formula in C1 and paste it down C2, C3, C4,..., it will automatically calculate whatever is in (A2, A3...) x whatever is in (B2, B3,...). Same with addition (+), subtraction (-), and division (/) formulae.

Of course it gets a little more complicated as you go deeper, so maybe if you explain a little more what and what you need on the payroll, i can help you design it. But, hey, hope you not doing this for some company with some weight? Cos if you are, then i might have to charge you a few quids. angry wink

1 Like

Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by hal9000: 12:00am On Jul 27, 2013
richoko60:

Refer to my explanation to lecorn above.

----

Where's esere anyway?
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by manny4life(m): 1:51am On Jul 27, 2013
hal9000:

----

Not really though, I just thought maybe we can share ideas.
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by manny4life(m): 1:58am On Jul 27, 2013
richoko60:

@hal9000 has explained a major portion of it.
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by dnddyon: 12:04am On Jul 28, 2013
:'
Pls I didn't get d #click on celll B10 type =sum ...# its nt working well here. Pls explain better
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by dnddyon: 12:09am On Jul 28, 2013
I'm lost here oh #confused# @ Cell B10
esere826: Step 7: Input numerical dat plus some calculations

click on cell B3......Type: 100,000...click enter
Click on cell B5......Type: =B3*0.1 ..click enter
Click on cell B6......Type: 10,000....click enter

Click on cell B7......Type: 20,000....click enter
Click on cell B8......Type: 30,000....click enter
Click on cell B9......Type: 20,000....click enter

Click on cell B10 ....Type: =sum(...then click on cell B5 and drag downwards to cell B9....Type: ) ...click enter

Click on cell B12.....Type: =....then click on cell B3.....Type: -.....then click on cell B10......click enter
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 28, 2013
Done learning excel, anybody has got any ebook pdf file on "Corel draw graphics for beginners?"
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by hal9000: 12:24pm On Jul 28, 2013
dnddyon:
I'm lost here oh #confused# @ Cell B10
Click on cell B10 ....Type: =sum(...then click on cell B5 and drag downwards to cell B9....Type: ) ...click enter

That "type =sum(...." is a formula for calculating the sum of B5 to B9.
In other words, B10 =(B5+B6+B7+B8+B9).

Now, u can either type it out like that, i.e. click on B10 and type '=(B5+B6+B7+B8+B9)' and enter. Or, as esere instructed, you just type '=(' then move your mouse to B5, click and hold on (as in, dont release the click button yet), and pull down to B9, then release the click button (thats what ''click and drag'' means). You'll see cells B5 to B9 now highlighted in a different color. Then you just press the closing bracket ')' on your keyboard and hit enter. Chikena.

Get it?
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by Oilworker: 11:13pm On Jul 28, 2013
following this super thread
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by slap1(m): 4:58pm On Jul 30, 2013
hal9000:

It basically involves using formulas. Assuming you want Excel to calculate (10 x 2) for you, just type 10 in cell A1, 2 in cell B1, then in cell C1 type '=A1*B1' (without the inverted commas) and press 'enter'. 20 will appear there. If you copy the formula in C1 and paste it down C2, C3, C4,..., it will automatically calculate whatever is in (A2, A3...) x whatever is in (B2, B3,...). Same with addition (+), subtraction (-), and division (/) formulae.

Of course it gets a little more complicated as you go deeper, so maybe if you explain a little more what and what you need on the payroll, i can help you design it. But, hey, hope you not doing this for some company with some weight? Cos if you are, then i might have to charge you a few quids. angry wink
Haha. Not yet, bro! I just need a refreshment lesson on it, in case. . . Thanks!
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 30, 2013
Mail me on delebams01@gmail.com if u need ebooks dat can teach u Ms excel (both beginners n advanced learners). #Free
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by esere826: 8:09pm On Jul 31, 2013
Sorry guys,.... i am super busy at the moment and thus cannot update.
It is refreshingly great to see folks leading the analystics conversastion.

.....cheers till later

1 Like

Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by Numerouuuno: 9:06pm On Jul 31, 2013
esere826: Sorry guys,.... i am super busy at the moment and thus cannot update.
It is refreshingly great to see folks leading the analystics conversastion.

.....cheers till later
bro,we the learners are still waiting for you,okay?cos the ogas at the top have hijacked the thread with those big stuffs which we aint familiar with.pls come back in time o
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by Saraha1(f): 12:39pm On Aug 02, 2013
where is our Teacher?
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by Walkker4: 7:26am On Aug 03, 2013
There is this company that recruits everyday. Even if u ar not a graduate. Its an employment opportunity for all. Am employed as am writting this. I just wish to share dis wit all. In case u wanna giv them a try. This is my contact: 08182997473 BBM:26881E56[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by Numerouuuno: 8:52am On Aug 03, 2013
Walkker4: There is this company that recruits everyday. Even if u ar not a graduate. Its an employment opportunity for all. Am employed as am writting this. I just wish to share dis wit all. In case u wanna giv them a try. This is my contact: 08182997473 BBM:26881E56[color=#006600][/color]
WHY DON'T YOU TELL US EVERYTHING YOU KNOW ABOUT THE JOB HERE ON THE FORUM SINCE YOU SAID YOU WANNA SHARE IT WITH EVERYONE,INSTEAD OF TELLING PEOPLE TO CALL YOU,GUYS PLEASE BEWARE
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 03, 2013
harkindele: go download free books at. http://bookboon.com/en/office-programs-and-software-ebooks.
with this excel books, u dont need a tutor, its self explanatory but will take little of ur time.
u can also download other office program books (powerpoint, photoshop, word, project, access, visio, publisher) etc.
ALL FREE grin
.......thanks for the info but am stuck at those four steps for downloading.
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by Numerouuuno: 8:44pm On Aug 03, 2013
Pinkyeyes: .......thanks for the info but am stuck at those four steps for downloading.
were you able to open the link?i couldn't,it was returning a n error 404 code.
Mr akin,pls help out
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 08, 2013
Numero uuuno: I've been succesful in downloading it,thank you very much
aiite, enjoy
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by bobojoshua(m): 11:45am On Aug 09, 2013
harkindele:
Ok guys, just go to www.bookboon.com
U will see a link for called "select category" click it
Scroll down to "office programs and software" click it
U will see the books there.
Note that u have to register and verify ur email with the site before u can download their books for free.
If u haven't registered, once u click download, it will bring 4 steps, input ur email, verify d email, and follow other instructions.
Also note that this steps will be difficult using a UC browser, use operamini, or most preferable firefox on desktop computer.
Feed me back on ur progress. Enjoy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Police Officer Meagan Hall Dismissed For On-Shift Sex Romps & Illicit Affairs / Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) / Man Spotted Love Machine In Their Office Today - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.