Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today (16653 Views)

Reception Given To Aregbesola From His Hometown Residents. / Shettima Begs Residents As Jonathan Campaigns In Borno / Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by bashydemy(m): 1:11pm On Jun 03, 2013
Lagos and SW lead others follow

1 Like

Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by degamonn: 1:16pm On Jun 03, 2013
Instead of our president to call on Fashola to teach him the way to approach governance he is busy giving himself pass mark. More power to ur it elbow Fashola!
Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by abdullkabar(m): 1:20pm On Jun 03, 2013
Lagos with identification sha!!
Its a good 1 buh it like they will start tagging us lyke lab specimen soon undecided
Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jun 03, 2013
Cusubaba: Next president for Oduduwa Republic of ndi ara. I laugh in Efik.
you de mock am abi your papa sad
Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by delors(m): 1:29pm On Jun 03, 2013
When I read this
arcis: Fashola, added that the agency having consulted with stakeholders, had trained about 600 registration officers and 41,000 teachers for the exercise.
I was gonna say why use teachers who already had jobs instead of unemployed graduates who must have applied in thousands, but then, I read further and saw ...

arcis: Fashola also revealed that the agency had received applications from many Ph.D, M.sc holders and graduates in the course of recruiting registration officers. "The position was initially planned for only school certificate holders and people with OND who would be a paid N25, 000 monthly but 85 per cent of people that applied have degrees, masters, PhD or even some other higher levels.

"We have them coming from all walks of life; accountants, biochemists, micro-genetics, applying for a job that does not pay that much," she said. Fashola added that LASRRA had brought this to the notice of the Ministry of Establishment and Training to help find a way of helping them.
She said, "I do not believe that we should turn them back to the community without giving them some necessary skills that can move them forward in life. We haven't come up with an exact plan, but we are on it.
Then I believe FASHOLA is a man of intellect...Kudos to the man who sabi...I hope u 'd be the president of this nation one day soon and I'd gladly work to help rebuild our bastardized country...
Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jun 03, 2013
How does phd holders get money for d program? The money could be used to start business. Average nigerian is lazy, just want to acquire certificates and sit in office doing nothing.
OoduaDefence:

You are asking the wrong question,our education system has got nothing to do with this.This is a result of visionless and corrupt Government like Jonathan's Government.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by naijabigfish: 1:34pm On Jun 03, 2013
Our system of education is in chaotic state. No wonder many graduates in Nigeria are nothing to write home about. Why would a Ph.D holder apply for such position...? A question which begs for answers.
Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by aquabeing: 1:36pm On Jun 03, 2013
In a move to become a Mega city.We appreciate you fashola.Eko o ni ba je o!!!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by WorldwarIII: 1:37pm On Jun 03, 2013
arcis:
http://www.punchng.com/news/lasg-begins-residents-registration/

Lol @ "miss Yinka fashola , General manager..."
Is dat gov.fashy's daughter or sis?. Just askin.. Anyway, nothing new, this is naija! Every man for himself.. Naija o ni baje oo
Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jun 03, 2013
Are u a christian,muslim or pagan? If u a christian and spit this rash u a disgrace to ur church. God is regretting for creating u.
yuzedo: fashala, bro, pliss don send rugged and ugly bois to our gated esttat in Banana Island or we wont corporate! angry angry

only sweet babe gehs wit big brezz big nyash and ice cream thighs tongue tongue oh jigbijigbijigbi, i will run to all my seven man shun and ten duplex all arand d island to be re-register by d sweet ekonibaje babes u send!!! oh boyyyy tenk gord am a reach landlord, am wating for d lagos sweet registrator babes!! wink wink tongue kiss
Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by buJu234: 1:37pm On Jun 03, 2013
after the registration; u guys should b ready for taxes oo... infact u cant escape tax again.... plz note this
Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by SLIDEwaxie(m): 1:40pm On Jun 03, 2013
J12:

What kind of education system do we have in Nigeria that would warrant a Ph.D holder to stoop so low and apply for semi-menial jobs like these? First it was dangote trucks, now this.
Our education system is in a serious mess
oh, u think it's stooping so low abi? Wait till ur head is high up in poverty, then u will learn to throw aside ur cert and gets ur hand dirty!
Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by Acidosis(m): 1:45pm On Jun 03, 2013
If you could afford the tuition fee to run Masters and PhD degrees, then you should be able to afford an office space...for a good business.
Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:47pm On Jun 03, 2013
Better Information, tighter Revenue Collection - No Leakages, Maximum Collection grin grin eko o ni baje oo
Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by Acidosis(m): 1:53pm On Jun 03, 2013
naijabigfish: Our system of education is in chaotic state. No wonder many graduates in Nigeria are nothing to write home about. Why would a Ph.D holder apply for such position...? A question which begs for answers.

Some of the applicants may not really understand the nature of the job & the pay package before they applied. cool I don't blame them.

Besides, whats the point of running a Ph.D when the same amount invested in business would have yielded a positive result...

I guess some may only applied cos they wanna boost their monthly income...not that they're completely jobless.

Nigeria is also a country where some so called 'jobless' earn more than the 24/7 busy ones.
Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by Youngzedd(m): 1:53pm On Jun 03, 2013
Cusubaba: Next president for Oduduwa Republic of ndi ara. I laugh in Efik.

LMAO
Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by kumbalo(m): 1:54pm On Jun 03, 2013
Laalamed: How does phd holders get money for d program? The money could be used to start business. Average nigerian is lazy, just want to acquire certificates and sit in office doing nothing.
my point exactly
Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:54pm On Jun 03, 2013
LabourParty: Very good, but how do you identify a Lagosian? undecided

a LAgosian usually does JUju.
Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by ejiro2130(m): 2:03pm On Jun 03, 2013
J12:

What kind of education system do we have in Nigeria that would warrant a Ph.D holder to stoop so low and apply for semi-menial jobs like these? First it was dangote trucks, now this.

Guy u still believe everything you read on nairaland??
Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by REDDEVILS1(m): 2:07pm On Jun 03, 2013
OoduaDefence:

You are asking the wrong question,our education system has got nothing to do with this.This is a result of visionless and corrupt Government like Jonathan's Government.
Ewu you sit @ home, criticizing a govt that happens to be the best so far. The problem of Nigeria neva started with GEJ yet he is tackling them one after another.
Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jun 03, 2013
OoduaDefence:

Mr Man, Our education system has got everything to do with this. You obviously don't understand what it means and takes to get a Ph.D.
Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by REDDEVILS1(m): 2:14pm On Jun 03, 2013
Princek12:

Our education system is partly responsible for this. An education system that does not promote critical thinking but promotes rote memorization and regurgitation. As a result, graduates are ill-prepared to build companies and create jobs and solve problems that affect us. Rather, foreign expatriates and returning diasporans are the ones who are coming in to create jobs and get high-skilled employment.
you don't think like a rational being. With what will graduates open companies, your shit I guess, a lot of graduates and non graduates have a lot of ideas but lack funds to materialize them. Moreover over the years Nigerians don't encourage local industries. They want everything imported including the Government. The fact that you are probably opportuned shud not make you think that odas are not doing anything

1 Like

Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by geeez: 2:17pm On Jun 03, 2013
Now we will know who the true indigenes are, who the squatters are and who the scavengers are and where they live

Someday the statistics will be useful

1 Like

Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by mathskill: 2:19pm On Jun 03, 2013
Pro activeness is the name of the game and that is what we expect from leaders with vision.If Fashola should throw his hat in the ring of those vying to rule this country i will b the first to vote for him.
Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by collins123(m): 2:23pm On Jun 03, 2013
arcis: ...The card issued from the registration point is expected to give residents access to health, transportation and other government and non-governmental services in the state...

[size=14pt]I'm actually waiting for some idiot to come here and claim that is another 666 Beast Mark!. Carry on Fashola.[/size]

[size=14pt]Stewpid gullible religionists![/size]
Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by kcjazz(m): 2:25pm On Jun 03, 2013
We cant develop without planning and statistical decision making. This is highly commendable. Now we can plan cities better and understand traffic data. The opportunities are limitless. Kudos Fashola

1 Like

Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by nerdicusprimus(m): 2:40pm On Jun 03, 2013
off topic: I wish nairaland wouldn't refresh everytime I click "Like".

1 more step towards ridding Lagos of chaos. Thank you, Fashola.
Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by smoothlips(m): 2:41pm On Jun 03, 2013
J12:

shataaaaaaaaap jooor!
what has d education system got to do wit unemployment? when the private sector is not vibrant and the cost of capital is very high...how else do u create employment?
Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by buchi25: 2:45pm On Jun 03, 2013
This is truly a serious matter, a Ph.D holder stooping so low in hunting for a semi-minial job ment for the schl cert holders. Who knows how long these persons have remained in this suffering, and Nigeria is still producing more graduates every year.
Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by vanbonattel: 2:46pm On Jun 03, 2013
Chin chin chin chinc grin (laughing in chinese language)
Finally somebody is making attempts to discredit the "arengee" census figures being circulated since 1963. Kudos to Fashola. Let us know how many Igbos there are in Lagos, if they are up to 60 percent, then they float an OgbonnaIkenna to replace fashola in 2015. Eko oni baje o grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by dapsonlou(m): 2:48pm On Jun 03, 2013
Fashola 2015. the reason there is no Job is most company don't want to come to Nigeria because of the electrict situation. You can't run a Global scale business with a Generator, desel will eat up all your profit. At my office I spend 100k per month on desel n pay nepa 18k per month every month. This problem is cause by the importers, they are keeping Nigeria in the dark because of profit. The only solution, government need to invite them and give them the backing to be major stackholder in a new power plan. This people have access to big loans invite Ga power to come build n run it or some chinese company. They will all be billionaires everyone need electric, big business will come because Nigerian labor is cheap we can even compete with china. If I blow gramma forgive me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Navy Cancels 65th Anniversary Over Gen Attahiru's Death / Why Akpabio Left Keyamo’s Screening For Aso Villa – Senate Spokesperson / Testimony By Collation Center Agents Are Hearsay And Not Admissible In Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.