Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today (16654 Views)

Reception Given To Aregbesola From His Hometown Residents. / Shettima Begs Residents As Jonathan Campaigns In Borno / Lagos State Residents Registration Unveiled. Fashola PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by Ahasco(m): 2:48pm On Jun 03, 2013
sheyie2007: Laudable! See the next president in action... If I hear buha## I'll break his back bone

If only all state governors think the way he thinks, the problem of the country would have been greatly reduced. Instead everyone(state) are expecting manner to fall from the centre.
Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by Cavalli(f): 2:50pm On Jun 03, 2013
Ajibel: What is the point of having a Ph.D if it's the case of going for a low-paying job. I thought people with such are held in high esteem and respected
Of course they are held in high esteem. They have automatic slot for employment in any higher institution in Nigeria. I still can't comprehend the reason for them stooping so low for menial jobs. I guess it's because they can't defend their degree in an academic environment.
Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by PapaBrowne(m): 2:53pm On Jun 03, 2013
Fashola also revealed that the agency had received applications from many Ph.D, M.sc holders and graduates in the course of recruiting registration officers.

"The position was initially planned for only school certificate holders and people with OND who would be a paid N25, 000 monthly but 85 per cent of people that applied have degrees, masters, PhD or even some other higher levels.

"We have them coming from all walks of life; accountants, biochemists, micro-genetics, applying for a job that does not pay that much," she said.

Fashola added that LASRRA had brought this to the notice of the Ministry of Establishment and Training to help find a way of helping them.

She said, "I do not believe that we should turn them back to the community without giving them some necessary skills that can move them forward in life. We haven't come up with an exact plan, but we are on it.

"Candidates have been given an assessment test and only those who passed were allowed to go through the training."

If this statement came from Jonathan, many ACN haters would ask why the president hasn't created jobs for them in his 2 years as president.

So my question to my amiable Governor Fashola, why are there still many qualified lagosians without jobs such that PHD holders want to work as registration officers. Why hasn't Lagos and ACN been able to create dignifying jobs for the people after 14 years in power??
Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by omiobo: 2:54pm On Jun 03, 2013
Fashola for president!!!!!
Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by PapaBrowne(m): 2:54pm On Jun 03, 2013
Nice one. Registration of the citizenry is a neccesary part of governance. If you dont know who you citizens are, how can you know how to provide services for them. Once again Nice one.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by crackhaus: 2:54pm On Jun 03, 2013
Iguess now it will be clear who and who are lagos indigenes, what with most lagosians claiming 'lasgidi' and forgeting their own state of origin. In my opinion, every state should do this, yes?, only problem is not a lot of governors are as progressive in 'deed' as Fashola is
Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by PapaBrowne(m): 2:55pm On Jun 03, 2013
Fashola also revealed that the agency had received applications from many Ph.D, M.sc holders and graduates in the course of recruiting registration officers.

"The position was initially planned for only school certificate holders and people with OND who would be a paid N25, 000 monthly but 85 per cent of people that applied have degrees, masters, PhD or even some other higher levels.

"We have them coming from all walks of life; accountants, biochemists, micro-genetics, applying for a job that does not pay that much," she said.

Fashola added that LASRRA had brought this to the notice of the Ministry of Establishment and Training to help find a way of helping them.

She said, "I do not believe that we should turn them back to the community without giving them some necessary skills that can move them forward in life. We haven't come up with an exact plan, but we are on it.

"Candidates have been given an assessment test and only those who passed were allowed to go through the training."

If this statement came from Jonathan, many ACN haters would ask why the president hasn't created jobs for them in his 2 years as president.

So my question to my amiable Governor Fashola, why are there still many qualified Lagosians without jobs such that PHD holders want to work as registration officers. Why hasn't Lagos and ACN been able to create dignifying jobs for these people after 14 years in power??
Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by realteflon(m): 3:00pm On Jun 03, 2013
Fashola for president under ACN or APC. The man is so intelligent to the needs of Nigeria and also a good administrator. We all Nigerians shuld drum it into the hears of ACN or APC to nominate fashola as President not Buhari.
Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by snowytee(m): 3:04pm On Jun 03, 2013
OoduaDefence:

You are asking the wrong question,our education system has got nothing to do with this.This is a result of visionless and corrupt Government like Jonathan's Government.
Your stup*d*ty ranks among the highest highs.Shey Jonathan's administration that is just 2yrs old is the reason you and your father are jobless?Ndiara

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by Mylove55(f): 3:06pm On Jun 03, 2013
gboss4sure:

How many people where employed before GEJ became the president? Continue blaming GEJ for everything even when you fart make sure to blame him
Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by Mylove55(f): 3:08pm On Jun 03, 2013
gboss4sure:

How many people where employed before GEJ became the president? Continue blaming GEJ for everything even when you fart make sure to blame him
i wil blame jona 4 increase in poverty and unemployment rate,yet jona is happy about it.dat he has perform more than obama,is it not d same education dat produce jona &fashola,but why fashola get sense pass jona,they said osho baba is not educated,he stil get sense pass Dr jona.our educational system is not d problem,it is jona dat is our problem.ibb and obj started it.
Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by sportfeva(m): 3:22pm On Jun 03, 2013
Our educational system and working mind set is in comatose. I thought and believe anyone going for P.hd should be lecturing and some are acquiring it to seek for job. This shows lack of creativity and thinking. After leaving high school, you should have determine your career from onset whether as lecturer, activist, professional etc. Going to 4 walls of higher institution can't guarantee your professional career. Is like the instance of someone I know intimately who learn how to repairs computer and its accessories with programming by mere using the internet and reading books. He now makes great fortunes. Even undergraduates and graduates are training under him. What can we called this? We need think out of box. What can do myself and capable of doing. There are lots problem in this country you can take advantage of and tap solution into. Some have this mindset of always working for someone, that they start or create one on their own. Search and It all start somewhere.
Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by Chrichigo(m): 3:27pm On Jun 03, 2013
Delivery Man:

Humility! That's what makes them go for such jobs. and guess what? The humble ones are elevated ALWAYS!!! One thing leads to another young man. You dont expect to graduate and own your own coy/business except Donald Trump is your dad. LEARN!!!

Examine all result...I can't believ dat a person with merited PHD can eva hunt for job dat way...instead job wil be huntin for him.....dis issue are all those dat do buy certificate..
I stil can't imagine ow can a learned person up to uptainin PHD can't secure any good job...mehn!...tink am naaaaa
Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by Mobsync(m): 4:20pm On Jun 03, 2013
OoduaDefence:

You are asking the wrong question,our education system has got nothing to do with this.This is a result of visionless and corrupt Government like Jonathan's Government.

U're wrong. Most of these guys are simply unemployable. No skill, nothing nothing. Only book, books and bookses (pardon d bookses, was only trying to make d statement rhyme).
Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 03, 2013
This is a good venture
Hopefully it will give a fairly accurate idea of the population of Lagos state if nothing else.
But knowing nigeria I am not optimistic it couldn't be manipulated since there is no national record like a social security number stored in a database whereby any born Nigerian is identified

I see people migrating from Cotonou and Lome to get their ID cards.
I see the workers collecting egunje to issue cards
I see people hopping on danfo from Ibadan and Ekiti to get Lagos ID
I see them getting on night bus from Aba and Owerri to get ID in the morning and returning same night grin
I see those of us in the Obodo oyibo getting a Lagos ID from the comfort of their homes grin
NIgeria Jaga Jaga everything scatter scatter

very soon a thread will appear about these things I mentioned
Nigeria is an open book,very easy to project the outcome of anything but I commend Fashola for trying

1 Like

Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by mima247(f): 5:08pm On Jun 03, 2013
Youd start wondering if the world isnt coming to an end ,,, i hope they wont start asking us to take marks on our hand or foreheads o...
Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by funmity(f): 5:21pm On Jun 03, 2013
nice one, kudos to gov fashola, eko oni baje o.
Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by Tafugo: 5:31pm On Jun 03, 2013
yuzedo: fashala, bro, pliss don send rugged and ugly bois to our gated esttat in Banana Island or we wont corporate! angry angry

only sweet babe gehs wit big brezz big nyash and ice cream thighs tongue tongue oh jigbijigbijigbi, i will run to all my seven man shun and ten duplex all arand d island to be re-register by d sweet ekonibaje babes u send!!! oh boyyyy tenk gord am a reach landlord, am wating for d lagos sweet registrator babes!! wink wink tongue kiss

OLODO
Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jun 03, 2013
Delivery Man:

Humility! That's what makes them go for such jobs. and guess what? The humble ones are elevated ALWAYS!!! One thing leads to another young man. You dont expect to graduate and own your own coy/business except Donald Trump is your dad. LEARN!!!
Bros, why are you advertising that product? Abi u dey use am? grin
Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by Afroconnect: 5:37pm On Jun 03, 2013
Fashola for president...eko'Onibaje till the end of time.
Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by parki: 6:21pm On Jun 03, 2013
it is not our Education system that is the problem. The real problem is our government and unvisionary leaders we've had ruled Nigeria. A dutch professor who researched cultural dimensions rightly said, 'west africans are short term oriented people'. The truth of the matter is that we are poor planners in Nigeria. The unfortuate thing is that average Nigerian are the ones left to suffer.
Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by gratiaeo(m): 6:37pm On Jun 03, 2013
Waiting man no go hear from this ofe mmanu peeps smh...... Registration ko' denomination ni'
Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by gratiaeo(m): 6:44pm On Jun 03, 2013
PapaBrowne: Fashola also revealed that the agency had received applications from many Ph.D, M.sc holders and graduates in the course of recruiting registration officers.

So my question to my amiable Governor Fashola, why are there still many qualified lagosians without jobs such that PHD holders want to work as registration officers. Why hasn't Lagos and ACN been able to create dignifying jobs for the people after 14 years in power??
Help me ask them oo
Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by Cavalli(f): 6:51pm On Jun 03, 2013
Chrichigo: ...........

Examine all result...I can't believ dat a person with merited PHD can eva hunt for job dat way...instead job wil be huntin for him.....dis issue are all those dat do buy certificate..
I stil can't imagine ow can a learned person up to uptainin PHD can't secure any good job...mehn!...tink am naaaaa
See, my brother, may God bless u. Exactly my point. Phd holders are not meant to be desperate job hunters.
Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by vanbonattel: 6:53pm On Jun 03, 2013
Cavalli: See, my brother, may God bless u. Exactly my point. Phd holders are not meant to be desperate job hunters.

Have you considers if the Fashola lady is lying? Some surnames are more prone to lies than others.
Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by creativemusic: 6:58pm On Jun 03, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin EKO O NI BAJE
Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by Shegz4god(m): 7:04pm On Jun 03, 2013
Nice one BRF ...more grease to your elbow
Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by lastpage: 7:39pm On Jun 03, 2013
Fashola: ...revealed that the agency had received applications from many Ph.D, M.sc holders and graduates in the course of recruiting registration officers.

Its becoming very annoying to see our Political leaders, who have failed and abdicated their responsibilities to the populace ab initio, gloating and chest-beating over an issue they should hold their heads down in shame over!

How is it a PLUS for any country or government that such "Human resource" trained with "many years and money" are being under utilised? ....because they have no option?

Has Governance and responsibility attached to it, now become a FAVOR to the masses?

The other day, it was PhD Dangote Truck Drivers, then it was Fashola's GRADUATE refuse-truck drivers, now it is this?
This thing go vex "Up National members" at Oshodi Motor Park o!
grin grin

If there were Research facilities, Drug Manufacturing Firms, Forensic Labs, e.t.c on ground (as obtainable in sensible climates), what would a PhD in Biochemistry for example, be doing "counting people" (A job that an SSCE holder can discharge easily! ..And what would the SSCE holder do now, that a PhD holder is taking their job?)

Where is even the ELECTRICITY for these PhD's to work, if they decide to go it self employed ..or are they supposed to provide Power by themselves as well?
This is why we are a Nation of "perpetual importers of finished goods"! We dont manufacture anything, we CANT manufacture anything because we dont have the "infrastructure to support manufacturing and research, in this country".

This their "they should thank us for providing drinkable water for them" MENTALITY needs to STOP!
It is your duty and responsibility .......as "ELECTED LEADERS". if you cant perform, then RESIGN.

Princek12:

Our education system is partly responsible for this. An education system that does not promote critical thinking but promotes rote memorization and regurgitation. As a result, graduates are ill-prepared to build companies and create jobs and solve problems that affect us. Rather, foreign expatriates and returning diasporans are the ones who are coming in to create jobs and get high-skilled employment.

Prince, you have said well but l want to point out something:
I have been privileged to attend a Higher Educational institution in the WEST and in my class, the BEST three students were Nigerians and we all did our First Degree in Nigeria! This same Nigeria.

What l am driving at is that though l agree that 'our educational system has degraded rapidly in standard', Nigerians can still and do still EXCEL, if given or put in the right environment ....with the required STRUCTURES ON GROUND.
Nigerians excel everywhere they go, outside the country, why not in our own country?

What would a "Prof" teach his students when he himself lives in an environment where Power is almost non-available and internet/data traffic is so epileptic you find it difficult to open your Emails at times!
Where and how does "Prof" do research, get up-to-date on modern and recent developments in his field, so he can pass the knowledge to his students?
YOU CANT IMPART WHAT YOU DONT KNOW, CAN YOU?!

How can a 'research student' (which is what PhD students are supposed to be) do "critical thinking" (in a Lab for example) when it is without Power for most of the day and the guy is sweating and fainting from heat?

How can a University students do "critical thinking" when HUNGER is staring them in the face and they have to "go out and hustle" for daily bread?
Look at inflation and how it has devalued whatever 'peanuts' they are being paid?

There is nothing to challenge the brain about as our students are too preoccupied with "daily, mundane activities" that has nothing to do with their quest for knowledge! They just cant focus properly.
I even applaud them for getting this far, under the current circumstances! Imagine "Medical and Engineering students studying and writing exams using CANDLE LIGHT, in 2013! shocked

Constant Power is central to any development we should expect.

Believe me, l never knew education was so "easy and inviting" until l studied abroad! I could just spend all my life "researching and studying" if not for family commitments! Its that inviting and challenging ...in a very encouraging way.

Its becoming a "Chicken and Egg", catch situation:

* Do we expect our University products to be world standard so they can develop the country OR Do our Leaders provide the right environment FIRST, for our University Products to attain the desired level we expect them to be?

Cheers.

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by lastpage: 7:42pm On Jun 03, 2013
gratiaeo: Waiting man no go hear from this ofe mmanu peeps smh...... Registration ko' denomination ni'

Shut-Up that you bigoted, tribal 'TRAP of a mouth'.
Address the issues raised and stop insulting TRIBES.
Hee-Goat!
Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by nijanigga: 9:06pm On Jun 03, 2013
berem: Fashola shouldn't be surprised at the kind of people who wants the job. This shows that the unemployment rate is high. same way Dangote was shocked to see PhD holders applying for truck drivers. Kudos to Fashola, though not a permanent job, it will go a long way to help lots of jobless lagosians. Eko oni baje o! cool cool
Useless Nigerian Ph.D I dey laugh oh!
Re: Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jun 03, 2013
I love Fashola! cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Proposes N6.8trn 2017 Budget, N1.6trn For Debt Servicing / 'El-Rufai Is A Religious Midget' - Doyin Okupe / Drop Calls: Senate, Fashola Berate NCC For Defending Telecom Companies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.