Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,144 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:09 AM

Why Pastors Children Often Embrace Cultism, Prostitution, Etc? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Pastors Children Often Embrace Cultism, Prostitution, Etc? (8719 Views)

Father Mbaka Warns Judges Over Cultism / 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets / 4 Reasons Why Pastors' Children Are Usually Immoral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Pastors Children Often Embrace Cultism, Prostitution, Etc? by suls(m): 7:45pm On Aug 18, 2005
I wonder why pastors children always want to destroy the image of their fathers.

You ask me why? Most of pastors children do involved themselves in bad habits such as cultism, prostitution, and so on.

Though I'm not saying that those [who are not pastors' children] do not find themselves in these kind of bad habits. But it should not be [found among] pastors children.
Re: Why Pastors Children Often Embrace Cultism, Prostitution, Etc? by Greatpeter(m): 9:33pm On Aug 18, 2005
I do not know whether you have read about Belial children in the bible? A prophet of God whose children raped in the Temple.

The reason is that devil is working extra time to let the pastors fail in their calling.

You know they will account for themselves, their families and then the Church i.e each member of their church.
That is why being a pastor is a great task with responsibility.

Many of these pastors are "too busy" to look after their families which is not suppose to be so. I pray God will help them.
Re: Why Pastors Children Often Embrace Cultism, Prostitution, Etc? by vexxy(f): 12:41am On Aug 19, 2005
Greatpeter you raise raise good points.

Satan goes after those who are active in the Kingdom of God.  Pastors, who are supposed to shepard God's people is a prime target for him.  If he's not going after the Pastor himself, he's going after the Pastor's wife and he's going after the children.  Anything to cripple those who are working for God.

Also, children have rebelious stages that they go through and if the Pastor is not giving as much time to the family as needed, the children can get into things they will regret later in life.  They are also pretty sheltered and under a lot of stress as children of the Pastor.  People will always look at them to be doing something wrong.  That's a lot to put on a child.  They can break down under that strict obeservation and pressure to always be well behaved.

It's not easy to be in the immediate family of a Pastor or of any other person who is working for God.  They will always be attacked.
Re: Why Pastors Children Often Embrace Cultism, Prostitution, Etc? by hotangel2(f): 4:42am On Aug 19, 2005
It is Satan's work. He's using the pastors kids as hinderances to their parent.
Re: Why Pastors Children Often Embrace Cultism, Prostitution, Etc? by DEKING3(m): 9:16am On Aug 19, 2005
Truth is, Satan and his kingdom are working overtime to ensure God's work doesn't move forward and he thinks if he cannot get the pastors, the family would be next target.

Another reason is that some of these pastors restrict their children's movement and so when they have the opportunity to go out, they blow it out of proportion. Most of them do some of this evil things while at school and return home as saints.

Let's pray for them and also encourage them.
Re: Why Pastors Children Often Embrace Cultism, Prostitution, Etc? by layi(m): 12:12pm On Aug 19, 2005
I support y'all. I believe the bulk of the 'job' goes to satan.
Just 1 point that might be over looked anyway. Youths are very adventurous and the 1 whose upbringin was lopsided would have such problems .
Most pastor's home r strict. Nothing wrong with that but i believe u should explain life to them from the biblical point..let them appreciate life and make the decision not to do evil. Thats better than just givin instructions (which is typical of the pastor's home).
The bible says u must not kill. True, but tell them why. Most of the pastors would hardly talk of the vices (sex, violence etc) as if talkin bout it is a sin/taboo.
The children grow up lopsided and when they meet with peer, 'Adventure' begins (like a prisoner just released). Afterall, sum1 understands/listens/identifies with them for the first time.
But Like i said earlier. Its still the devil but the pastors too have a role to play like vexxy has said.
Re: Why Pastors Children Often Embrace Cultism, Prostitution, Etc? by Hndholder(m): 3:27pm On Aug 19, 2005
Why satan? It can not be, Satan is too busy to do that. Satan is a fallen arc - Angel whose duty is to examine Faithful servant of God like Job and Our lord Jesus Christ.
The point is that christian look unto their pastors for moal lectures and the children of this pastors felt afterall moral lectures come from their father. Some of these pastors are crooks which the chilren copy. At the end of the day the blame is that of the SATAN
Re: Why Pastors Children Often Embrace Cultism, Prostitution, Etc? by vexxy(f): 4:41pm On Aug 19, 2005
Yes, Layi, Pastors homes are very strict so when the children reach an age of experiments, they go all out because of what they feel they've missed when they were younger.

But we also need to realize that not everything we do wrong we do because of Satan. Since we were born into sin it is a constant fight to do what is right and we fall because we are human, not only because Satan wants us to.

Teach your children wrong from right and pray that they make the right decision.
Re: Why Pastors Children Often Embrace Cultism, Prostitution, Etc? by Greatpeter(m): 6:44pm On Aug 19, 2005
HND you're welcome back.
I'm celebrating with your 100th posts hurray.

But to come to the point you raised don't you think that devil's work is to attack anyone who is busy working for God or anyone who is faithful to him and if he could not get you directly he goes all out to get you indirectly that's why he first derialed Belial children and then sent the servant of God to his untimely grave and also incure the wrath of God.

HND don't you believe that?
Re: Why Pastors Children Often Embrace Cultism, Prostitution, Etc? by layi(m): 12:47pm On Aug 21, 2005
Hnd-holder:

Why satan? It can not be, Satan is too busy to do that. Satan is a fallen arc - Angel whose
When we say Satan. We aint talkin 'bout 1 person. We r refferrin to his machinations. Remember he's an arch angel and fell with other angels who went with him in rebellion. He's got demons bro. and his domain is highly organized. U can feel supernatural evil everywhere. He's not omni-present though but he's beign 'repped' globally.

Hnd-holder:

Satan is a fallen arc - Angel whose duty is to examine Faithful servant of God like Job and Our lord Jesus Christ.

Who gave him that duty? U mean he's still examining Job and Our Lord Jesus right now? Bro, satan is devil (doer of evil). Evil is his duty. He's just there to oppose GOD (..a name coined from 'good').
Re: Why Pastors Children Often Embrace Cultism, Prostitution, Etc? by DEKING3(m): 9:21am On Aug 22, 2005
@ HND HOLDER, so what instigates the children into such acts?
Re: Why Pastors Children Often Embrace Cultism, Prostitution, Etc? by angelmike(m): 4:40pm On Aug 23, 2005
i wont really agree on that. my sis is a pastor and the kids are blessd and well behaved. i belive it has to do with the parental commitment to the kids pastor or no pastor.
Re: Why Pastors Children Often Embrace Cultism, Prostitution, Etc? by ProfCares(m): 11:25am On Aug 29, 2005
It is not funny and as well not new but the devil believes that he could get the man of God through his children.
That is why the church members have to be praying for their pastor not to fall into the trap of satan through their children.
Re: Why Pastors Children Often Embrace Cultism, Prostitution, Etc? by twinkledew(f): 2:02pm On Aug 31, 2005
prbly they think the blessing of God is Hereditary tongue.
Re: Why Pastors Children Often Embrace Cultism, Prostitution, Etc? by twinkledew(f): 2:04pm On Aug 31, 2005
the fact that they are pastor(s) kids does not mean anything, they are human as well.
Re: Why Pastors Children Often Embrace Cultism, Prostitution, Etc? by lalaingbea(m): 2:33pm On Sep 07, 2005
Because they believe that their father will pray for them.
Re: Why Pastors Children Often Embrace Cultism, Prostitution, Etc? by Motee(f): 6:41pm On Sep 07, 2005
It is a pity and maybe it looks strange because they are pastors’ children but I am not always surprise because the devil will always attack anyone who opposes their work and when they cannot get you, they attack anything that involves you just to try to get you..
Re: Why Pastors Children Often Embrace Cultism, Prostitution, Etc? by snazzydawn(f): 8:27am On Dec 26, 2005
Hey everybody,you all are talking as if pastors' kids are angels.They are all human beings and are capable of doing what "normal" folks do.They are 100% human,not 50% human,50% angel or saint.I for one,am one,and I don't feel any different from others,so stop all this talk of "pastors' kids".Don't get me wrong,I don't support any of these vices,but people should stop castigating pastors' kids for their actions,we are human beings and I get miffed whenever people think pastors' kids should be next to angels.Its the parents who are the pastors,not the kids.Sorry to disappoint you,but pastors' kids are 100% human beings!!!
Re: Why Pastors Children Often Embrace Cultism, Prostitution, Etc? by pearlrocks(m): 11:02pm On Jan 03, 2006
Even pastors' children are human just like the rest of us. They're subject to the same temptations everyone else has to deal with. so....
Re: Why Pastors Children Often Embrace Cultism, Prostitution, Etc? by icingbaby(f): 1:55am On Jan 04, 2006
snazzydawn:

Hey everybody,you all are talking as if pastors' kids are angels.They are all human beings and are capable of doing what "normal" folks do.They are 100% human,not 50% human,50% angel or saint.I for one,am one,and I don't feel any different from others,so stop all this talk of "pastors' kids".Don't get me wrong,I don't support any of these vices,but people should stop castigating pastors' kids for their actions,we are human beings and I get miffed whenever people think pastors' kids should be next to angels.Its the parents who are the pastors,not the kids.Sorry to disappoint you,but pastors' kids are 100% human beings!!!
good point made, i agree with you. pastor kids are not angel, they're human. we humans sometime do stuff that are not pleasing to GOD, not only pastor children does that.
Re: Why Pastors Children Often Embrace Cultism, Prostitution, Etc? by ariel(f): 10:32am On Jan 09, 2006
Pls, "stop judging that u will not be judged, don't make anybody infallible,
and remember to expect failure from humans", note if angels that stayed b4
God day and night could fall, what about imperfect humans?
Children will be trained and no parent will train their child to go wrong, but
remember that choices made by us as individuals are not made by our parents,
we make our own decisions, we choose to become what we want to God gave us
free will, hence it's being exercised by all.
The only perfect beings are those in heaven (God, Jesus and the faithful angels)
all others r not, so nobody shld be made out one, at best we can only live by strict
principles (bible based, or what inborn) but we can never be perfect on this earth.

My piece!!
Re: Why Pastors Children Often Embrace Cultism, Prostitution, Etc? by angelbra(f): 9:56pm On May 04, 2006
, well undecided i personally like what Areil had to say, u shouldn't judge people, undecided but i can't really speak, i'm new @ this but yea thats what i think,
Re: Why Pastors Children Often Embrace Cultism, Prostitution, Etc? by dominobaby(f): 12:09am On May 05, 2006
No one is saying that pastors' kids r angels. It stil remains a fact that the devil will fight tooth n nail to make sure that the images of dese men of God are tanished n so bring shame to God's name. In so doing, they go thru anything or person close to them.
Re: Why Pastors Children Often Embrace Cultism, Prostitution, Etc? by jagunlabi(m): 11:54am On May 05, 2006
I wonder why pastors children always want to destroy the image of their fathers. 

You ask me why?  Most of pastors children do involved themselves in bad habits such as cultism, prostitution, and so on. 

Though I'm not saying that those [who are not pastors' children] do not find themselves in these kind of bad habits.  But it should not be [found among] pastors children.
Because they see what others couldn't?Because they see their parents as frauds,who are by no means what they proclaim,"MEN OF GOD"?
Re: Why Pastors Children Often Embrace Cultism, Prostitution, Etc? by syrup(f): 12:37pm On May 05, 2006
There you go again, jagunlabi. Everyone at one point or the other who points accusing fingers at others without checking himself/herself out is the biggest fraud. I have a Nigerian boyfriend who says there's a Nigerian adage from the south: "Whenever you point a finger at someone, three are pointing back at you, and your thick little thumb most likely is pointing at God!" I think that makes sense. You do not understand the Christian faith at all, and it has shown in almost every one of your posts in the Religion Forum. What do you really have against a faith you cannot stop or slow down? What has your vexed soul done for you with all your virulent slurring of a faith you really have no inkling about?

@everyone,

Let's see it from this angle: it basically has to do with the nature of man. Even outside religious discussions, we know of people from socially well-to-do families who have messed up: politicians, financiers, academics, top government officials, and several others. If it's not the sons or daughters, it's either the husband, wife or in-laws.

Now about kids of pastors and other leaders of the Church, no matter how hard a minister tries to bring up his family, it all rests on the condition of heart of the PK (pastor's kids). Long ago, God had told us that the heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked (Jer. 17:9). Everyone's heart before they came to a living faith in Christ is wicked, and that goes as well for those who know nothing better than to attack the things of God. However, this evil tendercy of the heart was manifested in several kids during the Old Testament times, so that it became a by-word in Israel (Ezek. 18:2), and then God revealed that a individual (young or adult) is fully responsible for his/her own sins - "The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him." (Ezek. 18:20). QED.

The fact that my parents are Christians does not automatically guarantee that I'm a Christian - I'm no better than anyone else, unless I come to a personal faith in Jesus - and thank God, I already have. And if my parents were ministers in the Church, my choosing to do drugs and drag the name of the Lord into disrepute should not be blamed on my parents - it should be squarely blamed on me. . . because my actions are personal and reflect my own choices!

For those kids doing all they can to win public sympathy by ridiculing their parents who are in ministry, may God be merciful on them. The bigger issue is not the blame on their parents - it's more about answering to God for the disgrace they bring to His name!
Re: Why Pastors Children Often Embrace Cultism, Prostitution, Etc? by kimba(m): 6:53pm On May 05, 2006
Pastor's kids going into cultism, prostitution and evil?
its for the same reason that children of ordinary people(Christian, Muslim or whatever) go into such evil and vices.

Ofcourse, the society expects a high-moral standard from them. But for those of them who stand by the truth that their parents preach, are we not the ones who call them names? make them look stupid, tease them that they are out of fashion, out of date; we wont even befriend them coz they would rather do things by the books, they would rather tell the truth than tell lies, and as a result, we do not allow them into our group of friends.

But when anyone of them gets pregnant in secondary school, we are the first to point fingers. Remember, as you point a finger at someone else, your own 4-fingers are pointing back at you.

I read a book where the author said: Satan spends double-time on Pastor's Kids than on children of out-right sinners. The reason is to discredit the ministry, discredit the calling and tarnish the reputation of their parents. These kids are human like us, they make the same mistakes, and their parents been in Church is no reason for them to be naturally good.

The author of the Satanic Bible was born by a baptist pastor. He grew up in Church, sang in the Choir and still went on to turn Gods word upside down.

Isnt that a lesson for those who think they are standing? Beware, take heed lest you fall. If you hold on to the cross, you wont fall.
Re: Why Pastors Children Often Embrace Cultism, Prostitution, Etc? by dominobaby(f): 9:31pm On May 05, 2006
Syrup n kimba, nice posts summarily.
Re: Why Pastors Children Often Embrace Cultism, Prostitution, Etc? by jagunlabi(m): 11:21am On May 06, 2006
@syrup
My vexed soul hates frauds,who pass themselves as men of God,and my vexed sould hates blind folks as well,who are as blind as bat and can't see a damn thing even if it is at the tip of their noses.
There you go again, jagunlabi. Everyone at one point or the other who points accusing fingers at others without checking himself/herself out is the biggest fraud. I have a Nigerian boyfriend who says there's a Nigerian adage from the south: "Whenever you point a finger at someone, three are pointing back at you, and your thick little thumb most likely is pointing at God!" I think that makes sense. You do not understand the Christian faith at all, and it has shown in almost every one of your posts in the Religion Forum. What do you really have against a faith you cannot stop or slow down? What has your vexed soul done for you with all your virulent slurring of a faith you really have no inkling about?
Re: Why Pastors Children Often Embrace Cultism, Prostitution, Etc? by eveseh(f): 11:40am On May 06, 2006
who knows?
Re: Why Pastors Children Often Embrace Cultism, Prostitution, Etc? by syrup(f): 11:46am On May 06, 2006
@jagunlabi,
There are frauds in every system - from religion to science to philosophy to culture and what have you. Hating people does your vexed soul no good. Christianity is no fraud, and if there are fraudsters in Christebdom, that's not new: they were long prophecied, and one day God will expose them.
Re: Why Pastors Children Often Embrace Cultism, Prostitution, Etc? by jagunlabi(m): 12:31pm On May 06, 2006
@syrup.
Hate is a strong word.True,that.
To tell you the truth,my soul ain't vexed,but full of pity for the blind.
I guess some "annointed" fraudsters will continue to reap great material rewards from the ignorant masses,while the children of these "holy" fraudsters will continue to try and emulate the "righteous" ways of their fathers by burying themselves in all sorts of vices.
The devil is always a convenient scapegoat to shift the blame on,ofcourse.
Re: Why Pastors Children Often Embrace Cultism, Prostitution, Etc? by syrup(f): 1:33pm On May 06, 2006
I don't live in Nigeria, but have visited it several times with a few of my friends. To me, it seems that most people in your country do either of two things:

# they spend their lives attacking other people's faiths

# they blame their crises on religion, especially Christianity.

Whatever a person feels like, one thing I noticed is that some of those doing the attacking are first to use racist and hate speech (and in some other instances, they will be the last to give it up, if ever they do). You come across to me as a guy who manifests a special virulent disavowal against Christianity, following your posts.

Let's look at it this way: do you think I would be correct in my perception if I wrote every Nigerian off as a fraudster (from President to policeman to pressman to petty trader to pauper and what have you) just because a few Nigerains gave me a surprise and rough deal of the popular "419" saga at the airport in Lagos in my summer holiday of 2002? Oh, I became the wiser for it; and maybe I would have really thought you were a 419 as well without having met you, had it not been that I met (and am seriously dating) a Nigerian Christian?

So, hope you get my drift? There's no use being vexed against Christianity as a faith just because you don't like it. You may be opposed to fraudsters playing Christianity (and in some very bad cases, they play God!) - and who do you think in Christianity would not be equally upset? The point is, slurring the faith of other people is not an intelligent and gentlemanly way to reason with them, neither does it tell well about who you are as a Nigerian (if I'm not mistaken).

You don't need to keep up trumping just about anything against Christianity simply because you're not one and don't like the faith. Most of the things you post are mere speculations and you borrowed them in such a manner as if they hold any substance. Jesus Christ is not responsible for the evil perpetrated in His name; and one day He will judge the sad fellows in their games. The Christian faith is a living faith, and using hate speech and acrid language against Christians is a very unintelligent thing to do.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Many Lies Told By Jesus / Daily Guide - Daily Bible Reading Devotional From Scripture Union Nigeria (SU) / Do You Believe In Spiritual Death ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.