Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,127 members, 7,811,177 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:22 AM

Gen Buhari On The Verge Of Political Suicide - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gen Buhari On The Verge Of Political Suicide (1257 Views)

5 Popular Nigerians Who Died At The Verge Of Victory (Photos) / Igbo's Total Support For Pdp Is Political Suicide (my Opinion) / Tinubu, Others Have Committed Political Suicide - Okupe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gen Buhari On The Verge Of Political Suicide by MarcoP: 9:46am On Jun 04, 2013
By Pius Adesanmi

General Buhari’s handlers and admirers
ought to be worried. They should consider
placing him on political suicide watch
because his statements are often
politically suicidal.
Yoruba proverb: a man
constantly suspected of stealing goats by
his kinsmen does not go to the goat
market to cuddle and handle baby goats in
broad daylight. There are so many
problems with his Boko Haram statement.
I don’t even know where to start.

1. If you decide to historicize the history of
“security challenges” in Nigeria, you don’t
get to start it in the middle with the rise of
militancy and kidnapping in the Niger
Delta. A good place to start is the
unaddressed question of repeated
genocidal killings of the Igbo shortly after
independence while recognizing the fact
that there may even be other places to
start depending on who is speaking. If you
ask a Nigerian from each of our 250 or so
ethnic groups, you will get 250 versions of
the errors of the rendering.

2. You will then address the long history of
religious riots (without forgetting
Maitatsine) in the North. Those security
challenges pre-date what you are
complaining about in other parts of the
country.

3. You will then address the manner in
which the Nigerian state responded to
agitations for justice in the Niger Delta
long before the era of Umaru Yar’Adua
who initiated the process of placating
militants. Before the era of manna from
Abuja for the militants, Nigeria’s response
to the Niger Delta can be summarized in a
few words: Umuechem, Agge, Gbaramatu
Kingdom – entire communities leveled by
the Nigerian state. Those were crimes
against humanity. I am not going to
mention Ken Saro-Wiwa and the Boma
brothers. It is not historically or
intellectually accurate to claim that one
discontent is treated with kid gloves while
the other isn’t. You are able to do that
only if you remember selectively.

4. You will then acknowledge that
President Jonathan offered amnesty to
Boko Haram. Boko Haram rejected it;
many actors in the Northern establishment
ridiculed the offer. You cannot now turn
around and create the impression that
Jonathan is denying Boko Haram what
Yar’Adua offered Niger Delta militants.

5. Despite the fact that criminal elements
and opportunists hijacked the Niger Delta
struggle, the origin of discontent in the
region is environmental genocide. When
the Niger Delta militant comes to the
table, he says: I want a bigger share of the
profits you rake in from the resources of
the Niger Delta. When Boko Haram sends
masked representatives to the table, they
say: a non-theocratic, secular Nigeria is
haram. Theoretically, you could offer more
oil revenue to the Niger Delta militant at
the negotiating table. Theoretically, what
do you offer Boko Haram? A guarantee of
160 million Nigerian Moslems by so and so
date? So, when you attempt to compare
apples and oranges and mix up two totally
different discontents, you have to teach
the rest of us precisely how to negotiate
with Boko Haram. To each discontent its
singularity. Any solution should be
cognizant of these singularities and totally
different trajectories.

6. Nope, the state of emergency in Boko
Haram territories is not anti-North. Indeed,
it as anti-North as Obasanjo’s state of
emergency in Ekiti state was anti-West.
Also, it would be good to hear what a
President Buhari would do differently.
At this stage in the game, General Buhari
should find a way to prioritize healing,
statesmanlike, unifying, pan-Nigerian
statements and avoid poisonous and
invidious interventions in national issues.
His supporters should find a way to accept
the fact that their beloved idol is human
and can make mistakes. They will help him
by acknowledging and dispassionately
engaging his errors. The usual excuses
won’t cut it. I can close my eyes and reel
out the usual excuses and rationalizations
repackaged by his supporters after every
gaffe: he was misquoted; he spoke in
Hausa and his real meaning was lost in
translation; you just don't like him. My
friends, Nigerians are tired of these
rationalizations.
E don do.

Source: http://www.facebook.com/padesanmi/posts/10151509097656715

3 Likes

Re: Gen Buhari On The Verge Of Political Suicide by MarcoP: 9:49am On Jun 04, 2013
@ Mod:
This is worthy of front page immediately.
Or what do you think sir?
Re: Gen Buhari On The Verge Of Political Suicide by ramaju: 9:58am On Jun 04, 2013
Send this to front page.
Re: Gen Buhari On The Verge Of Political Suicide by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 04, 2013
Buhari cannot commit politcal suicide!
He had no political life in the first place.

6 Likes

Re: Gen Buhari On The Verge Of Political Suicide by PastorKun(m): 4:43pm On Jun 04, 2013
Brilliant thread, buhari being the religious fanatic and tribalist that he is has been unable to hide his affection and support for boko haram. The good thing is that those who were deceived before into thinking buhari was a credible Nigerian are now beginning to see him for the evil maniac that he is and withdrawing their support for his evil ambition. The blood of hundreds of innocent Nigerians that were slaughtered during the 2011 post election violence as a result of his unfounded inflammatory statements still hangs on his neck and he would answer for it in this life or the next.

3 Likes

Re: Gen Buhari On The Verge Of Political Suicide by brownlord: 4:47pm On Jun 04, 2013
Too lazy to read, but i believe the article its confirming what we already know, buhari go soon mad, especially as US. don spoil market for am now
Re: Gen Buhari On The Verge Of Political Suicide by Dereformer(m): 4:56pm On Jun 04, 2013
Sincerely speaking, I don't think any well meaning Nigerian will vote Buhari in 2015 or in any election for that matter.

While I don't see the APC willing the 2015 presidential election, fielding Buhari will kill the party permanently.

1 Like

Re: Gen Buhari On The Verge Of Political Suicide by Degis(m): 5:05pm On Jun 04, 2013
We have said it times without number that Gen. Buhari is not fit for Nigeria QED. His tribalistic and his "if not me, nobody else" disposition depicts his bigotic tendencies. Well, the shortest route to the disintegration of Nigeria is to elect this lover of violence and northern irredentist as the President of Nigeria
Re: Gen Buhari On The Verge Of Political Suicide by vanunu: 6:02pm On Jun 04, 2013
You can't stop an Islamist from vomiting.
Re: Gen Buhari On The Verge Of Political Suicide by cjrane: 8:52pm On Jun 04, 2013
You cannot stop an Islamist fanatic from committing suicide. Surely, Buhari will commit suicide.

From calling Nigerians dogs and Baboons to giving his tacit support for Boko Haram's grand scale murder of innocent Nigerians(including northerners!) just to prove Jonathan is daft and he is better. It is even better he did it alone than drag the whole APC down with him.
Re: Gen Buhari On The Verge Of Political Suicide by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jun 04, 2013
Buhari is politically dead and unelectable and therefore has no political life to carry out a sucide on.
Re: Gen Buhari On The Verge Of Political Suicide by omiobo: 10:29pm On Jun 04, 2013
Hmmm...Buhari just lost me. Now Fashola is the only one I'm looking up to.

2 Likes

Re: Gen Buhari On The Verge Of Political Suicide by Raxz(m): 12:28am On Jun 05, 2013
Whn a chicken lay eggs u expect those eggs to hash oneday if the eggs are well incubated, nigerians shouldn't worry more of Buhari eggs will be hash b4 2015, all we need doing is to wait and see hw bokoharam situation incubate buhari eggs thn we will knw who the real buhari is. This man has and knw more thn wht we think or hear of him. Buhari himself is a bokoharam top member indisgid. Like i said b4 buhari will never roll this country ever again, if he like let him comet suicide or hug transformer. Whn i dnt knw him, i stupidly love this man tht ws 2007 election anyway i dnt vote him in 2011 and i cn never ever vote an evil man like him cm 2015. Gej all the way Evn with gun on my head will vote u over and over again like i did in 2011. May God bless u Mr president
Re: Gen Buhari On The Verge Of Political Suicide by MarcoP: 12:47am On Jun 05, 2013
Where are the ACN, CPC and APC acclaimed warlords on Nairaland?
Where are Gbawe, Eko Ile, Eko Atlantic and other Buharam sympathizers?
Why are they not commenting, cos I saw them viewing this thread earlier.
Or have they gone sterile?
Perhaps, this reality seems too heavy for them to bear. Hmmm!

2 Likes

Re: Gen Buhari On The Verge Of Political Suicide by Nobody: 2:21am On Jun 05, 2013
Where is berem,come and defend your slave master

3 Likes

Re: Gen Buhari On The Verge Of Political Suicide by xxyz17(m): 3:39am On Jun 05, 2013
I've always thought it absurd that someone that overthrew a democratically elected government will want to be elected as a civilian president. His supporters will say that it was because the government of Shagari was corrupted, but can two wrongs make a right?

1 Like

Re: Gen Buhari On The Verge Of Political Suicide by RickyRoss1(m): 5:10am On Jun 05, 2013
Buhari is a serial looser and he will loose again come 2015. For Gods sake I want a credible candidate from any region, from any party at all to win the election and Buhari does not have what it takes to rule NBigeria again. He is old, oudated, expired, a bigot and religious fanatic.

I careless about party, I vote for the individual and not the party. I am no member of APGA but I voted Rochas during the last election. Come 2015 I will vote Chime, Fashola, Oshiomole, Soludo no matter which party they represent. The WORST mistake APC will make is to field Buhari as their presidential flag bearer coz he will loose again.

1 Like

Re: Gen Buhari On The Verge Of Political Suicide by Nobody: 6:48am On Jun 05, 2013
Funny how only Buhari's opponents are concerned with his so called impending "suicide".

Nonsense!! angry
Re: Gen Buhari On The Verge Of Political Suicide by pimplucious: 7:29am On Jun 05, 2013
Gosh,how can Buhari say things like this especially when he was quiet about bh activities. That skinny dude just lost my vote. Disappointed!

1 Like

Re: Gen Buhari On The Verge Of Political Suicide by Gamji007: 7:39am On Jun 05, 2013
Gen.Buhari,being a man with principles.always says what he believes to be true,irrespective of what his his haters would think. He is a poor politician(hypocrites) but a good administrator.

Going through the interview on Liberty radio, any objective listener will agree with most of his comments. My opinion may differ from his on the issue of state of emergency,his opinion may be born out of GEJ's known anti-northern and tribalistic position. From the october 1 bomblast which GEJ tried to put the blame on northerners despite MEND claiming responsibility, to the non-chalant attitude towards curbing the security situation in the north.

You guys should not forget how Buhari crushed similar islamic sect,with objectivity and sincerity. He didn't care then, whether they were Northerners, he just got the job done.

Buhari,like him or hate him, he is the only surviving incorruptible leader known to Nigerians cool

@ op,long time! How is Reuban Abati your brother? I guess you got this piece of trash from him!

Products of same sex marriage! grin

Re: Gen Buhari On The Verge Of Political Suicide by Nobody: 8:05am On Jun 05, 2013
Pius has highlighted some of the reasons why Buhari's candidature for the highest office in the land would prove difficult to sell. Once you throw in his ideological stance on sharia, his virtual deification of Abacha; you have a supposed puritan, who is driven largely by sectional interests.
Re: Gen Buhari On The Verge Of Political Suicide by kross01(m): 9:47am On Jun 05, 2013
Gamji007: Gen.Buhari,being a man with principles.always says what he believes to be true,irrespective of what his his haters would think. He is a poor politician(hypocrites) but a good administrator.

Going through the interview on Liberty radio, any objective listener will agree with most of his comments. My opinion may differ from his on the issue of state of emergency,his opinion may be born out of GEJ's known anti-northern and tribalistic position. From the october 1 bomblast which GEJ tried to put the blame on northerners despite MEND claiming responsibility, to the non-chalant attitude towards curbing the security situation in the north.

You guys should not forget how Buhari crushed similar islamic sect,with objectivity and sincerity. He didn't care then, whether they were Northerners, he just got the job done.
Buhari,like him or hate him, he is the only surviving incorruptible leader known to Nigerians cool
Seriously i don't get it. Initially when GEJ handled BH quietly & even offered amnesty, he was termed clueless & lilly livered. Some talked about how OBJ would have sacked communities to quell BH, and you GAMJI007 above just added he felt non-challant because it was the north.The man finally braves up & declares SOE after exhausting other calmer options & moves to 'crush' the BH as GAMJI007 also suggested above & alas, he's termed as being too harsh & anti-north. What exactly is pro-north that this president should have done differently to handle BH?

3 Likes

Re: Gen Buhari On The Verge Of Political Suicide by gramci: 9:48am On Jun 05, 2013
GenBuhari: Funny how only Buhari's opponents are concerned with his so called impending "suicide".

Nonsense!! angry

GenBuhari a.k.a where's the video cheesy, tell your slave master to stop talkingcheesy
Re: Gen Buhari On The Verge Of Political Suicide by Nobody: 10:58am On Jun 05, 2013
Buhari is damn politically and nothing can redeem him-
Re: Gen Buhari On The Verge Of Political Suicide by Nobody: 11:02am On Jun 05, 2013
OP, where can we hear the audio of the so- called radio interview?
Funny how nobody else heard the interview except some journalist writing for govt sponsored newspapers.

Dear readers shine your eyes oo!!
Gamji007: Gen.Buhari,being a man with principles.always says what he believes to be true,irrespective of what his his haters would think. He is a poor politician(hypocrites) but a good administrator.

@ op,long time! How is Reuban Abati your brother? I guess you got this piece of trash from him!

Re: Gen Buhari On The Verge Of Political Suicide by MarcoP: 12:55pm On Jun 05, 2013

I sympathize with your situation. Its not easy coping with this level of disappointment from your diarrhea-mouthed CPC/APC/ACN leader, Buharam.

Pls read your post over again and evaluate yourself.

You will agree with me that YOU ARE NOW TRULY A CONFUSED FELLOW, who is no longer sure whether to continue on the hellish ride with Gen Buhari or simply repent and tow the path of honour by supporting GEJ to reposition Nigeria.

Take heart! Ndo! Pele! Senu!
Re: Gen Buhari On The Verge Of Political Suicide by PastorKun(m): 1:08pm On Jun 05, 2013
It still beats my imagination how any sane right thinking Nigerian can still support Buhari having come out to show his support for boko haram.
Re: Gen Buhari On The Verge Of Political Suicide by PointB: 2:38pm On Jun 05, 2013
It is naturally for sadists, bigots, fundamentalists, terrorists, and their sponsors to embark on suicide missions. Suicide is the naturally consequence of such exercise. Buhari, having met those categorisation, is gravitating along a natural path. He will not be missed!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Who Will Win Anambra Governorship Election / Breaking APC Co-founded #bringbackourgirls, Says US Firm / The College Dropout Billionaire Who’s Revolutionizing Medicine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.