Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,938 members, 7,817,748 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips (7930 Views)

My Shocking Experiences In Public Buses----ladies Be Very Vigilant! / Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! / Share Your Experiences Those That Moved Back To Nigeria From Abroad (usa) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by sheniqua: 5:34am On May 03, 2008
you must be obsessed or shall I say smitten.
Keep digging out my posts and distorting them to suit your sick purposes.
I say do your worst woman!
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by TheSly: 5:45am On May 03, 2008
And she's a lover. . . .Never a fighter. grin
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by Arnold1(m): 6:31am On May 03, 2008
sheniqua:

[s]Your imbecility knows no bounds.
Quote me fully.
This is what I said on that particular thread about stereotypes.

Of course you are bent on giving a distorted image
do I care
That's what men without balls do lipsrsealed
I know those statements have pained you tire,
You've quoted them in your sick way forever.
go jump into abakpa river
If I believe those, do I also believe the ones about Igbos?
are those your source of annoyance ,did I describe you? grin

as for Awo,I mean every bit of it and I'll repeat it again and again
do your worst.
Even if he were Itsekiri,I'll say the same thing.
Just because a man dies does not make him a saint.
Hitler is also dead

All my bans have been for offtopic posts and here you are doing the same thing and getting away with it because you're a nobody here.
You'll soon be banned,you better not let me corrupt you[/s]

Even someone with a 5th grade education can read the writings on the wall.

People were here having fun on this thread when you just came up with this out of no where :

what the fried fish is ewa agoyin ?

I don't think Igbos eat such
the name even sounds like something you get from a babalawo

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-131279.0.html#msg2217609

You then open your mouth talking garbage about being humourous.

This ewa agoyin, it turns out, is from the benin republic, not the yorubas.

Hatred for yorubas and mu'slims must run deep in your family. Useless bigot.
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by Arnold1(m): 6:43am On May 03, 2008
It is pretty obvious that someone writing stuff like this has nothing but "love" for yoruba people:

I could go on and on

Run into a Nigerian anywhere in the world,he is more likely to be an Igbo man

It's just jealousy.

They are mad,we were not annihilated as Awo dreamt.

Awolowo is dead and rotted and the Igbo man has waxed stronger and stronger.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-7229.0.html#msg666169

The Sly:

And she's a lover. . . .Never a fighter. grin

Tell me about it !

She is neither a lover nor a fighter, but a bigot.
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by tpia: 7:15am On May 03, 2008
na ewa agoyin una dey yab like this?

abeg that's something I must eat anytime I'm in Nigeria.

I even tried cooking it myself when I was in Lagos, and I think I did a pretty good job.

Ewa Agoyin is a Togolese or Beninois, not Nigerian food. Its like a kind of creamy mashed beans served with a very spicy pepper sauce. Quite delicious. Also sold mainly/only in Lagos, I guess.

abeg arnold, stop picking on sheniqua. Most people here have occasionally said controversial things at one time or the other. Word dey stick to person?

thresa8 is someone who never posts unless s/he has negative info on other tribes. Likewise many others.
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by romeo(m): 9:32am On May 03, 2008
Arnold1:

If you hate yoruba people so much, why do you continue to stay on a yoruba man's forum ?

He has banned you over and over again, yet, you fail to leave.

Why don't you just go and find your human eating colleagues to hang with else where ?

This forum is not a Yoruba man's forum!! but a Nigerian forum.
The name is not Yorubaland but Nairaland

You claim not to be a tribalist but you're busy saying things tribalist are known to say undecided

This forum is based on SMF if you know what that means and it took all tribes from Nigeria to make it what it is today and not only Yorubas.
Igbo people are very active in this forum and even more than the said owners of this website (yorubas)

Mi 2 Centimos
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by romeo(m): 9:51am On May 03, 2008
Arnold1:

Igbos will forever be known for losing the biafran war. Once a loser, always a loser

Arnold1:

An igbo man has said himself that igbos are their own worst enemies.

Greed and Selfishness is holding them back.

Yar 'Adua had to by-pass Onovo, an igbo, and appoint Okiro as IG of police.

You're are worse than anyother tribalist in this Nairaland, stop parading yourself as an upright Yoruba protector and stop attacking other tribes for the sake of peace.
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by Arnold1(m): 10:23am On May 03, 2008
romeo:

This forum is not a Yoruba man's forum!! but a Nigerian forum.

It is owned by a yoruba man isn't it ?

romeo:

You're are worse than anyother tribalist in this Nairaland, stop parading yourself as an upright Yoruba protector and stop attacking other tribes for the sake of peace.

Your fellow igbos like IPMB and Sheniqua are the ones you need to address, not me. They posts nonsense on yorubas day in day out, yet,
you have not called them to order. Rather than debunk all the useless comments they make, you advocate them.

Besides, I am not the one parading myself all over the religion section like the virgin mary.

I am not the one saying " I am a lover, not a fighter".

Yes, this site is owned by a yoruba man and if Nwando aka sheniqua can't live with it, then she can move on to
biafraworld.com and let Nairaland be.
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by bigbumper(f): 11:04am On May 03, 2008
tRoOE:

@lucabrasi
Abeg stop making me hungry jare grin grin i don't like to be tease when it comes to food.
I will love to have a piece of the grilled catfish, damn with moi moi and fried rice, am trying to have the imagine how it';s going to be serve on my plate. You better don't leave Nland until dec so you can give me the location to all these buka(s0

@ big_bumper
na wa o what do you need the location for, you dey go Naija ni grin grin grin, i swear if my mum is willing to pay my fare i dey do Naija summer . . .

Me too I wan go sample all these joints o, because I no get anyone to bring suya and smoked fowl and snails for me anymore since the ban. Na my family dey bring am come for me until they all learnt that It was illegal after someone they knew was detained for carrying meat products. I told my mum I don't know what the fuss is all about, as all she was gonna get was six months in prison if caught. You need to see the look she gave me, I sure say if I was near her when I said that, she would have given me a dirty slap. grin

@all
Okay seriously, is mama shitta, PWD and Tarmac the only buka/restaurant in town? Is it true that if a guy takes you out on a "ice-cream" date, the relationship automatically upgrades to "i want you to meet my family/I want to meet your family"
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by romeo(m): 11:06am On May 03, 2008
Arnold1:

It is owned by a yoruba man isn't it ?

Yes, this site is owned by a yoruba man and if Nwando aka sheniqua can't live with it, then she can move on to
biafraworld.com and let Nairaland be.

Like i said before, this forum is SMF (simple machine forum)!!!

You can equally go to http://www.yorubanation.org/ for your Yoruba rants and don't come here to tell any Nigerian to leave Nairaland because the person that uploaded the SMF software happens to be a Yoruba man
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by Texcee(f): 11:06am On May 03, 2008

You're are worse than any other tribalist in this Nairaland, stop parading yourself as an upright Yoruba protector and stop attacking other tribes for the sake of peace.

Actually, both Sheniqua and Arnold are tribalists. They have both made bitter remarks about other tribes. You should condemn both of them,
not just arnold.

This place needs to be moderated badly; how does a thread go from foods/trips to tribe bashing undecided
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by romeo(m): 11:14am On May 03, 2008
Texcee:

Actually, both Sheniqua and Arnold are tribalists. They have both made bitter remarks about tribes. You should condemn both of them,
not just arnold.

You are right!! So far in this thread Sheniqua has not said anything degrading to the Yoruba nation other than crack a joke and the joke was not well taken by some people. and she was wrong

And i was not arguing if she was right or wrong but that the person attacking her is a tribalist too, and he's trying so hard to make himself a saint. His second post in this nairaland was about the Igbo people and he copied and pasted it in this board from somewhere

All i am asking for is Respect for our different ethnicities
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by Texcee(f): 11:19am On May 03, 2008
romeo:

You are right!! [b]So far in this thread Sheniqua has not said anything degrading to the Yoruba nation [/b]other than crack a joke and the joke was not well taken by some people.

She actually made the babalawo comment on this thread which was uncalled for. Even Trooe reacted to this. This is where it all started.
You should try not to be biased when mediating, they both said terrible things about other tribes.

romeo:

All i am asking for is Respect for our different ethnicities

Yes, but you should condemn both of them. Sheniqua as babyosisi said some really nasty stuff, but you are not addressing that. You should
condemn them both.
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by romeo(m): 11:22am On May 03, 2008
Texcee:

She actually made the babalawo comment on this thread which was uncalled for. Even Trooe reacted to this. This is where it all started.
You should try not to be biased when mediating, they both said terrible things about other tribes.

Yes she was very wrong by saying that and did you see me say anything to Trooe? no i did not because she was right and i am not defending Sheniqua but against the other tribalist called Arnold1
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by Texcee(f): 11:24am On May 03, 2008
romeo:

Yes she was very wrong by saying that

Okay, I am happy we both agree on this.

romeo:

and did you see me say anything to Trooe? no i did not because she was right and i am not defending Sheniqua but against the other tribalist called Arnold1

That's my point, why aren't you against both tribablists ? Why concentrate on one ?

This is what I am getting at.
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by romeo(m): 11:28am On May 03, 2008
Texcee:

That's my point, why aren't you against both tribablists ? Why concentrate on one ?

This is what I am getting at.

I am against him because he was asking her to Go to Bifraworld and leave Nairaland. this place belongs to all

He can attack her person and not using her to attack a whole tribe
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by Texcee(f): 11:28am On May 03, 2008
romeo:

I am against him because he was asking her to Go to Bifraworld and leave Nairaland. this place belongs to all

He can attack her person and not using her to attack a whole tribe

Okay, I see where you are coming from.

Personally, I think both Sheniqua and Arnold are very ignorant people. Arnold kept calling Sheniqua a bigot, but he is a
bigot himself. They are both bigots.
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by romeo(m): 11:30am On May 03, 2008
Texcee:

Personally, I think both Sheniqua and Arnold are very ignorant people. Arnold kept calling Sheniqua a bigot, but he is a
bigot himself
. They are both bigots.

That was my point!! A pot calling a kettle black
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by Texcee(f): 11:33am On May 03, 2008
i think you should have called both of them bigots like I just did so you don't come off as being biased. But I get
your point.

This place needs to be moderated badly.
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by romeo(m): 11:37am On May 03, 2008
Texcee:

i think you should have called both of them bigots like I just did so you don't come off as being biased. But I get
your point.

This place needs to be moderated badly.

You're right my dear, I'd been called a tribalist before because of this kind of situation. and i will not let that happen again
I will always explain myself to the fullest so that i am not taken as a tribalist
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by bigbumper(f): 11:41am On May 03, 2008
You people should carry your tribal palaver to the right section, you are disturbing the flow of my saliva as I drool of more revelation to come regarding where to satisfy my palate.
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by Texcee(f): 11:46am On May 03, 2008
big_bumper:

You people should carry your tribal palaver to the right section, you are disturbing the flow of my saliva as I drool of more revelation to come regarding where to satisfy my palate.

lol

make you no vex cheesy
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by romeo(m): 11:47am On May 03, 2008
pure water made me sick , that was the only water available
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by bigbumper(f): 11:57am On May 03, 2008
Na pure water I go chop? Na pure water you dey chop? No wonder you dey sick. tongue
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by romeo(m): 11:59am On May 03, 2008
big_bumper:

Na pure water I go chop? Na pure water you dey chop? No wonder you dey sick. tongue

LoL cheesy cheesy, shame on you!! funny stories of your trip to Naija is part of the topic
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by pahtahkee: 12:03pm On May 03, 2008
@ Bumper,

If you are going to be in Surulere, I will recommend a joint on Adeniran Ogunsanya street. Just directly opposite Sweet Sensation by the roadside. Her buka joint is Mama Blessing, you will get very cheap quality food with ewa agoyin if you so desire as well.

A bottle of chilled fanta or coke (Orobo) will go down with it also. If na Hennesy, barcardi you wan take with am, there is Delta Kitchen just immediately after mama blessing joint on the same street. If na pure water, just order for one. . . . There is orobo pure water as well. . . .  grin Or if it is Sepe, akpetishi, opa eyin stabilizer, you want, contact me in person. grin

If you happen to be in Abeokuta, I will recommend mama agips inside Ibara Housing estate, you will get the best of rice and ata dindin at its best or correct hot amala (dudu and funfun) felifeli. Or if it is ofada rice with correct ata dindin as well try this Joint in Oke-Ilewo called Madojitimi restuarant. grin

If you are in Ibadan. . . . . . that one get more than enough. . . . . . cheesy
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by romeo(m): 12:06pm On May 03, 2008
Dis my friend no take mamaput play at all cheesy cheesy
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by pahtahkee: 12:15pm On May 03, 2008
Oh boy, at a point in time, I had a record of knowing where the best buka joints were in any Nigerian city I was in. If I get to any vicinity, my first check is what available buka are there. cheesy

Right from my secondary school days, we used to go through the bush to eat correct hot yam and beans at Angola joint, with a cup of water by that old woman back in those days. We will then fly over the fence because we know prefects are lying in the bush waiting for us.

I no dey play with Buka at all. grin
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by romeo(m): 12:22pm On May 03, 2008
OHH!! That reminds me of the Roasted yam and palm oil i ate last month at the Ikoyi passport office (along the road not inside)

My friend ordered for a plate and i was like WTF (are you going to eat that thing)!! I tasted one piece of yam and ended up buying up the whole roasted yam and even quarrelled with the woman for more palm oil grin grin grin
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by bigbumper(f): 12:23pm On May 03, 2008
pahtahkee:

@ Bumper,

If you are going to be in Surulere, I will recommend a joint on Adeniran Ogunsanya street. Just directly opposite Sweet Sensation by the roadside. Her buka joint is Mama Blessing, you will get very cheap quality food with ewa agoyin if you so desire as well.

A bottle of chilled fanta or coke (Orobo) will go down with it also. If na Hennesy, barcardi you wan take with am, there is Delta Kitchen just immediately after mama blessing joint on the same street. If na pure water, just order for one. . . . There is orobo pure water as well. . . .  grin Or if it is Sepe, akpetishi, opa eyin stabilizer, you want, contact me in person. grin

If you happen to be in Abeokuta, I will recommend mama agips inside Ibara Housing estate, you will get the best of rice and ata dindin at its best. Or if it is ofada rice with correct ata dindin as well try this Joint in Oke-Ilewo called Madojitimi restuarant.

If you are in Ibadan. . . . . . that one get more than enough. . . . . . cheesy

Is it Aya Mase stew that mama agips in Abeokuta cooks?  

How can I forget the time my mama and hin friend go Palm-grove to buy smoked fowl for me, na hin dem come cross the road instead of using the overhead bridge and one olopa come stop them. The Olopa stopped them then told them to start frog-jumping, na hin ma mama tell the olopa say hin don dey craze small, small time sha with 1,000 naira in his pocket, the policeman released them.
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by bigbumper(f): 12:26pm On May 03, 2008
Yam and palm-oil heaven, but yam and beans shocked shocked shocked That's my mum's favourite food but it tastes like vomit to me. Grrrrrrrrrrrr
Re: Your Experiences With Eating And Your Funny Stories Of Your Trips by lucabrasi(m): 12:27pm On May 03, 2008
@shanequa,arnorld
                                 pls guys the whole quarell s gone on long enough,the thread is about naija trips,experiences and food abeg just take a chill pill and become friends or move this to the appropriate section if you dont mind thanks smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help Please:i Need Directions To Ekiti State. / Please Help Me Out I Need Direction. / How Good And Motorable Are Roads In Your Locality?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.