Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,456 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Giving For God's Service - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Giving For God's Service (2770 Views)

See What This Dude Is Giving To God / Is It Impossible For God To Grow Back Amputated Limbs? / Trinitarian Disrespect For God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving For God's Service by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:22pm On Oct 11, 2013
Pastor Kun:

With reference to the bolded, I put it to you that it is a classic case of scriptural manipulation as there is nowhere in the bible such is taught neither is there any where money is referred to as seed in the bible. If you want to argue otherwise kindly quote scripture in proper context to support your position.

What have you done with all the scriptures quoted so far? You and your Mammon ministry no de tire for money matter? undecided
Re: Giving For God's Service by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:33pm On Oct 11, 2013
Joagbaje:

We give out of our love for God , we are blessed for such act of worship. But in another dimension it's not out of place to expect when we give.

There different kinds of givings. There's what is called seed. When a christian have an expectation and he deliberately sows a seed for a specific harvest this is not wrong. It's the persons demonstration of faith.

True. There are different levels of giving. Giving as an act of worship in appreciation for what God has done just as Abraham did is the highest form of giving. There's also seed time and harvest time.

Re: Giving For God's Service by Joagbaje(m): 3:41pm On Oct 11, 2013
Pastor Kun:

With reference to the bolded, I put it to you that it is a classic case of scriptural manipulation as there is nowhere in the bible such is taught neither is there any where money is referred to as seed in the bible. If you want to argue otherwise kindly quote scripture in proper context to support your position.

Usually I wouldn't respond to you ,but let me indulge you.

2 Corinthians 9:10
Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousnesswink

1 Like

Re: Giving For God's Service by PastorKun(m): 5:57pm On Oct 11, 2013
Joagbaje:

Usually I wouldn't respond to you ,but let me indulge you.

2 Corinthians 9:10
Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousnesswink

Thanx for responding to me but you did not explain to us how that seed translate to money.
Re: Giving For God's Service by truthislight: 10:15pm On Oct 11, 2013
shdemidemi:
That is where most Christians miss it. There is no point arguing for the sake of it, the only part in the bible you would not find a kingdom message is in the pauline epistles to the church. He had a different gospel through Christ to the church 'GRACE', which is not part of the kingdom message.

If you think the church need to answer to kingdom principles, show me through scriptures.

What do you mean by that ^ ?

That paul di not preach about the kingdomd ?

"Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God ? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God ." (1 Corinthians 6:9-10).

"Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom
of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption." (1 Corinthians 15:50).

"Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the
kingdom

of God." (Galatians 5:21).

"For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom
of Christ and of God." (Ephesians 5:5).

"Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God,
for which ye also suffer:" (2 Thessalonians 1:5).

Smh for you for saying that paul did not preach about the kingdom of God. Na wa!
Re: Giving For God's Service by Joagbaje(m): 10:59pm On Oct 11, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Thanx for responding to me but you did not explain to us how that seed translate to money.

Paul was only following up on what he had already told them about laying money aside every Sunday service. In chapter 16.

1 Corinthians 16:2 living bible
On the first day of the week, let every one of you put by him in store, in measure as he has done well in business, so that it may not be necessary to get money together when I come.
Re: Giving For God's Service by nlMediator: 2:16am On Oct 12, 2013
truthislight:

What do you mean by that ^ ?

That paul di not preach about the kingdomd ?

"Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God ? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God ." (1 Corinthians 6:9-10).

"Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom
of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption." (1 Corinthians 15:50).

"Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the
kingdom

of God." (Galatians 5:21).

"For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom
of Christ and of God." (Ephesians 5:5).

"Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God,
for which ye also suffer:" (2 Thessalonians 1:5).

Smh for you for saying that paul did not preach about the kingdom of God. Na wa!

Good job.

Another good one is Rom. 14:16-23: “Let not then your good be evil spoken of: For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men. Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another. For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence. It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak. Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth. And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.”

I experienced the above scripture – the part about peace and joy – when I got born again, without even knowing that this scripture existed.

Moreover, Jesus is the King of kings, who has made believers priests and kings. That’s not just for the Jews. Rom 5:17 says that those who receive abundance of grace and the gift of righteousness shall REIGN (that’s what kings do) in life by Jesus Christ.

It seems like believers like to attribute all manner of things to Paul!

1 Like

Re: Giving For God's Service by nlMediator: 2:18am On Oct 12, 2013
Joagbaje:

Paul was only following up on what he had already told them about laying money aside every Sunday service. In chapter 16.

On the first day of the week, let every one of you put by him in store, in measure as he has done well in business, so that it may not be necessary to get money together when I come.

Money is referred to as seed, as that Scripture clearly shows. It would have been a valid point to say that not all reference to seed in the Bible applies to money. I believe that's one mistake we often make.
Re: Giving For God's Service by nlMediator: 2:21am On Oct 12, 2013
Joagbaje:

Money is referred to as seed, as that Scripture and 2 Cor. 9 clearly show. It would have been a valid point to say that not all reference to seed in the Bible applies to money. I believe that's one mistake we often make.
Re: Giving For God's Service by PastorKun(m): 7:48am On Oct 12, 2013
Joagbaje:

Haba bros the other passage is 2 Corinthians 9:10 and second Corinthians was definitely written years after first Corinthians. So how could he possibly be following up on what he was yet to tell them
Re: Giving For God's Service by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:35am On Oct 12, 2013
shdemidemi:

My brother, culture of the kingdom is not for Christians but for the Jews. A king reigns in a kingdom, Christ is not the king of the church but The Lord and saviour, therefore the church does not operate under those principles.
You would never see Paul preach a kingdom message to the church. kingdom messages are for the Jews in line with the promises made to Israel. John,James , Peter, John the Baptist , Jesus Christ(flesh) all preached kingdom.

These are the kind of mountebanks that parade themselves as Christians on NL and yet they do not understand what Kingdom principles mean. undecided
Re: Giving For God's Service by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 13, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

These are the kind of mountebanks that parade themselves as Christians on NL and yet they do not understand what Kingdom principles mean. undecided
What he is saying is that the God of the jews is different from the god of the gentiles.smh!
Re: Giving For God's Service by nlMediator: 11:58pm On Oct 13, 2013
Bidam: What he is saying is that the God of the jews is different from the god of the gentiles.smh!

And that the Jews have a different path to salvation from the rest of humanity!
Re: Giving For God's Service by nlMediator: 12:00am On Oct 14, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Haba bros the other passage is 2 Corinthians 9:10 and second Corinthians was definitely written years after first Corinthians. So how could he possibly be following up on what he was yet to tell them

You do agree that 2 Cor. 9 was talking about money, right? So, the seed there is aptly in reference to money, not so?
Re: Giving For God's Service by Joagbaje(m): 7:07am On Oct 14, 2013
nlMediator:

Money is referred to as seed, as that Scripture clearly shows. It would have been a valid point to say that not all reference to seed in the Bible applies to money. I believe that's one mistake we often make.

I agree . I was only answering a question.
Re: Giving For God's Service by Joagbaje(m): 7:08am On Oct 14, 2013
Pastor Kun:

It was the same collection for the saints in Judaea or Jerusalem .
Re: Giving For God's Service by PastorKun(m): 7:13am On Oct 14, 2013
nlMediator:

You do agree that 2 Cor. 9 was talking about money, right? So, the seed there is aptly in reference to money, not so?

By quoting my post I would have expected you to comment on the obvious twist Joagbaje made their being the issue I was addressing.
Re: Giving For God's Service by Joagbaje(m): 8:13am On Oct 14, 2013
Pastor Kun:

By quoting my post I would have expected you to comment on the obvious twist Joagbaje made their being the issue I was addressing.

There wasn't twist . The collection lasted more than one year affair .

2 Corinthians 9:1-2
For as touching the ministering to the saints, it is superfluous for me to write to you: For I know the forwardness of your mind, for which I boast of you to them of Macedonia, that Achaia was ready a year ago; and your zeal hath provoked very many.

Can you ever admit your are wrong ? It's pride.
Re: Giving For God's Service by PastorKun(m): 9:43am On Oct 14, 2013
Joagbaje:

It was the same collection for the saints in Judaea or Jerusalem .

I am glad you are admitting here that early church collections was used to meet the needs of poor saints unlike what happens in modern churches were church collection is used to enrich one man and a few of his lieutenants whilst the rest is used to build a personal empire like you and your mentors do today. smiley
Re: Giving For God's Service by PastorKun(m): 9:50am On Oct 14, 2013
Joagbaje:

There wasn't twist . The collection lasted more than one year affair .

2 Corinthians 9:1-2
For as touching the ministering to the saints, it is superfluous for me to write to you: For I know the forwardness of your mind, for which I boast of you to them of Macedonia, that Achaia was ready a year ago; and your zeal hath provoked very many.

Can you ever admit your are wrong ? It's pride.

This still doesn't change the fact that you put the cart before the horse. tongue 2 corinthians was written several years after 1corinthians so you one year twist doesn't hold any water. Learn to admit when you are wrong and your lies have been exposed.
Re: Giving For God's Service by nlMediator: 7:56pm On Oct 14, 2013
Pastor Kun:

This still doesn't change the fact that you put the cart before the horse. tongue 2 corinthians was written several years after 1corinthians so you one year twist doesn't hold any water. Learn to admit when you are wrong and your lies have been exposed.

Man, you're difficult! I think he was saying that 2 Cor. 9 is a follow up to 1 Cor. 16. But you seized on the minor misplacing of the verses to make him look like he's twisting and wouldn't admit a wrong. Yet, you've abandoned your claim that seed never referred to money in the scriptures and yet wouldn't admit you're wrong with your initial suggestion. Somebody who's wrong is persecuting the person who's right. Na wa!!
Re: Giving For God's Service by nlMediator: 7:57pm On Oct 14, 2013
Joagbaje:

I agree . I was only answering a question.

I get it. No hassles.
Re: Giving For God's Service by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:28pm On Oct 21, 2013
Bidam:

What he is saying is that the God of the jews is different from the god of the gentiles.smh!

That is why I begin to wonder what kind of gospel they believe and preach. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Case For Homosexuality? / Tell These Enugu Christians To Shut The Hell Up..... / Who Recorded The Prayer Of Jesus About Letting His Cup Pass Him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.