Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,423 members, 7,812,243 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

APC Leaders Angry With Buhari Over State Of Emergency Comments - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Leaders Angry With Buhari Over State Of Emergency Comments (24665 Views)

APC Leaders Angry As Buhari Appoints More Northerners / Senators Fight Over State Of Nation Address / Reps Split Over State Flags, Coats Of Arms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Leaders Angry With Buhari Over State Of Emergency Comments by Nobody: 8:28am On Jun 05, 2013
Actually Buhari lost my respect and vote after that statement, I was highly disappointed!!!

But PDP aint gonna win the lost vote either..

1 Like

Re: APC Leaders Angry With Buhari Over State Of Emergency Comments by Nobody: 8:28am On Jun 05, 2013
jjcbuthot:

You are not going to vote for him before.

Can you paste the full text of the interview where he said the emergency is anti-north?

I know Buhari is opposed to the emergency ruling just like other key members of APC. They have all made their position known and their position has been use more of intelligence than force. Force will only result in too much civilian casualty.

The question is, can we say we won the war against Boko Haram without capturing their key leaders like Shekau and not apprehending their sponsors? To do this requires more of intelligence than force and this is when we can say the war has been won.

And i ask you wht is the solution that you have to the boko haram menace.. How many years now have Boko Haram been terrorizing and killing innocent people? They have been begged to accept amnesty and they rejected and claiming that they will give Nigeria amnesty what an irony, so tell us the intelligence solution you have that will end the boko haram menace. For your info the war is been won with the use of force which is the only language they boko haram understands.

5 Likes

Re: APC Leaders Angry With Buhari Over State Of Emergency Comments by jjcbuthot: 8:37am On Jun 05, 2013
gboss4sure:

And i ask you wht is the solution that you have to the boko haram menace.. How many years now have Boko Haram been terrorizing and killing innocent people? They have been begged to accept amnesty and they rejected and claiming that they will give Nigeria amnesty what an irony, so tell us the intelligence solution you have that will end the boko haram menace. For your info the war is been won with the use of force which is the only language they boko haram understands.

Shut up imbe... October 1 2010 bombing is also Boko Haram? If not for South Africa, what do you think would have happened?

Hasnt GEJ said he knew the people behind boko haram? Why has he decided to leave those people and started killing civilians as we have seen in Baga and Bama?

The Amingo supermarket and Kano discovery of firearms; who are the Nigerian collaborators? Are you telling me those foreigners were doing that without any Nigerian sponsors and collaborators?

Instead of making life unbearable for innocent civilians, focus should be more on intelligence gathering and weeding out the sponsors and leaders of these groups.

1 Like

Re: APC Leaders Angry With Buhari Over State Of Emergency Comments by gbadexy(m): 8:45am On Jun 05, 2013
I'm a strong supporter of buhari as can be noted from •̸Ϟ•̸y previous posts concerning him but I must confess that I'm no longer comfortable with the man.
He is a good candidate and would have made a good president like someone earlier said but he just is too tribal.
I don't even have a candidate for now, hopefully APC may still find a credible candidate. Sentiments aside, PDP needs to be out of power even once. Its unhealthy to have a one party system at the center.

4 Likes

Re: APC Leaders Angry With Buhari Over State Of Emergency Comments by jjcbuthot: 9:18am On Jun 05, 2013
gbadexy: I'm a strong supporter of buhari as can be noted from •̸Ϟ•̸y previous posts concerning him but I must confess that I'm no longer comfortable with the man.
He is a good candidate and would have made a good president like someone earlier said but he just is too tribal.
I don't even have a candidate for now, hopefully APC may still find a credible candidate. Sentiments aside, PDP needs to be out of power even once. Its unhealthy to have a one party system at the center.

Think straight man... Has Buhari said Jonathan should not do anything about boko haram? The only disagreement here is method.

Did you or anybody from here support Odi invasion by soldiers? So, we can also say you are tribalistic because you opposed Odi invasion?

No leader of a people will support this until after all other avenues have been explored without success. The impact of this on innocent civilians is the key issue here. Are you saying all those guys killed in Baga are all boko haram members? Even 20% of them are not boko haram. We killed over 200 souls because of less than 20 criminals among them.

Intelligence gathering is what is required to uproot boko haram. Killing the foot soldiers without apprehending their leaders and sponsors is a waste of both human and material resources.

GEJ once mentioned he knew the sponsors... Why didnt he start from there instead of endangering the life of innocent civilians?
Re: APC Leaders Angry With Buhari Over State Of Emergency Comments by Nobody: 9:18am On Jun 05, 2013
jjcbuthot:

Shut up imbe... October 1 2010 bombing is also Boko Haram? If not for South Africa, what do you think would have happened?

Hasnt GEJ said he knew the people behind boko haram? Why has he decided to leave those people and started killing civilians as we have seen in Baga and Bama?

The Amingo supermarket and Kano discovery of firearms; who are the Nigerian collaborators? Are you telling me those foreigners were doing that without any Nigerian sponsors and collaborators?

Instead of making life unbearable for innocent civilians, focus should be more on intelligence gathering and weeding out the sponsors and leaders of these groups.

Haahahaha, is Obvious you are one of the talkative's just like your masters who have no solution to any problem of this country except to blame, talk and accuse. Go and get a life because if this is the life you have then i pity you.

4 Likes

Re: APC Leaders Angry With Buhari Over State Of Emergency Comments by ayox2003: 9:39am On Jun 05, 2013
Firefire: LEADERS of the yet to be registered opposition alliance party, All Progressives Congress (APC) have expressed anger at the statements credited to former Head of State, General Muhammadu Buhari, which indicated that the declaration of a state of emergency in three states of the North was anti-North.

Buhari had been quoted as saying in a programme on a Kaduna-based FM station that the declaration of a state of emergency in the three states of the North was anti-North and that he does not support President Goodluck Jonathan’s tactics on dealing with insurgency.

He also claimed that the government was being high-handed on the insurgents operating in parts of Northern Nigeria, adding that when militancy happened in the South South, the Federal Government invited the perpetrators and granted them amnesty.

But leaders of the mega party, who have dissected Buhari’s statements were said to have expressed surprise at the claims by the former Head of state.

One of the leaders said that such a statement would only further alienate members of the emerging mega party, the APC from Buhari.

“Already, many people are saying that Buhari should not be used as the candidate of the party in the 2015 election, such a statement is capable of portraying him (Buhari) as someone who does not believe in the unity of Nigeria and it could negatively impact on the party.

“What we expect from Buhari are statements that would portray him as a statesman, not as a sectional leader. He as a former Head of State should be talking for Nigeria and not for a part thereof. Anything to the contrary will open him to undue scrutiny,” the source said.

Leaders of the APC were said to have criticized Buhari’s comments as off the mark.

A source said that the development has reinforced the resolve of the APC to field a younger presidential candidate in 2015 adding that when the time comes, Buhari would be told to hands off the presidential race.

http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/en/news/item/13606-state-of-emergency-apc-leaders-angry-with-buhari.html

From 'the leaders said' to 'one of the leaders' then 'the source' said and finally 'a source said'. Not even a name was mentioned! C'mon.

Tribune has finally become a bucketshop for PDP. Even worse is the new low of journalism that it has taken in recent times. This news could be written by a 10 year old free-lancer. C'mon, Awolowo's legacy is dying even when it should be the voice against the ruling party. What a shame!

Frawzey

1 Like

Re: APC Leaders Angry With Buhari Over State Of Emergency Comments by fineworker(m): 9:57am On Jun 05, 2013
koruji: Look at you dancing in the street. We are all here as GEJ is practicing full blast tribal governance. The other day he said to Igbos visiting him in Aso Rock that even in the north they were the ones who put him in Aso Rock. All it means is that Nigeria need to search high and low for real leaders come 2015 - definitely not GEJ and perhaps not Buhari.

All efforts to force us together will never work. We are not one.
Re: APC Leaders Angry With Buhari Over State Of Emergency Comments by Nobody: 9:59am On Jun 05, 2013
South-westerners, vote Buhari for President 2015. I thought you people are one Nigeria with the North? I dey laugh. Bible even talk am, you people will gather in one direction against the Igbos and scatter in seven directions. tongue

1 Like

Re: APC Leaders Angry With Buhari Over State Of Emergency Comments by betrani(m): 10:02am On Jun 05, 2013
jjcbuthot:

Can you paste the full text of the interview where he said the emergency is anti-north?

I know Buhari is opposed to the emergency ruling just like other key members of APC. They have all made their position known and their position has been use more of intelligence than force. Force will only result in too much civilian casualty.

The question is, can we say we won the war against Boko Haram without capturing their key leaders like Shekau and not apprehending their sponsors? To do this requires more of intelligence than force and this is when we can say the war has been won.
u should b ashamed of urself! Ur still asking for interview? When he actually granted it 3 days ago both in bbc hausa and english radio service!

1 Like

Re: APC Leaders Angry With Buhari Over State Of Emergency Comments by econome(m): 10:04am On Jun 05, 2013
OVER-FREEDOM OF SPEECH IS ALSO A PROBLEM WORRYING THIS COUNTRY'S MEN!
Re: APC Leaders Angry With Buhari Over State Of Emergency Comments by ocelot2006(m): 10:10am On Jun 05, 2013
grin ladies and gentlemen, that's the opposition's candidate right there. Thank you APC, you just made PDP's job too easy

1 Like

Re: APC Leaders Angry With Buhari Over State Of Emergency Comments by xxyz17(m): 10:11am On Jun 05, 2013
This must be the underground work of the PDP. They always arrange journalists to interview the man when they know he always misfire.
APC leaders should bar Buhari from granting any interview, press conference, TV or radio show till after the next election. grin

1 Like

Re: APC Leaders Angry With Buhari Over State Of Emergency Comments by dikarious(m): 10:12am On Jun 05, 2013
clip: He would have been a good presidential candidate and also a good president.
But he is too tribalistic.
good president of where?
Re: APC Leaders Angry With Buhari Over State Of Emergency Comments by Naijacitizen(m): 10:13am On Jun 05, 2013
Obiagelli: Did gej not rush to defend mend after the October 1 bombing

He did.
Re: APC Leaders Angry With Buhari Over State Of Emergency Comments by Nobody: 10:14am On Jun 05, 2013
speeder: Now tell me, between GEJ and APC, who's the retardeen and the clueless?
Bunch of extrimist.

Buhari cannot compare with GEJ even in the dreamland..

1 Like

Re: APC Leaders Angry With Buhari Over State Of Emergency Comments by dikarious(m): 10:17am On Jun 05, 2013
xxyz17: This must be the underground work of the PDP. They always arrange journalists to interview the man when they know he always misfire.
APC leaders should bar Buhari from granting any interview, press conference, TV or radio show till after the next election. grin
hehehehe..till after the next election when they lose? Mba! If he talks after the next election,there will be another killing of youth corpers,so he better talked now and kept mute then!

2 Likes

Re: APC Leaders Angry With Buhari Over State Of Emergency Comments by Nobody: 10:17am On Jun 05, 2013
Ucheosefoh: U de mind am he go wait for the video untill he grow white hair

And why is Obama laughing

Re: APC Leaders Angry With Buhari Over State Of Emergency Comments by adexway(m): 10:19am On Jun 05, 2013
speeder: Now tell me, between GEJ and APC, who's the retardeen and the clueless?
Bunch of extrimist.
APC is not the problem here. Buhari is the biggest r.e.t.a.r.d. The APC did right to distance itself from such individual especially at a time when the acceptance of the party by Nigerians is still shaky.
Re: APC Leaders Angry With Buhari Over State Of Emergency Comments by Agbalanze(m): 10:19am On Jun 05, 2013
jjcbuthot:

You are free to defend your mentor and even lick his poo but dont forget that boko haram rejected amnesty and ridiculed it.
Your Buhari can not, will not, can never and will never win a presidential election; not now, not in the nearest future and not even in future!

4 Likes

Re: APC Leaders Angry With Buhari Over State Of Emergency Comments by pendusky(m): 10:19am On Jun 05, 2013
That means no party to vote for in 2015 except PDP? then we stick to GEJ in 2015!
Re: APC Leaders Angry With Buhari Over State Of Emergency Comments by Ochek: 10:19am On Jun 05, 2013
Yungwizzzy:

It stil does'nt gurantee my vote 4 GEJ

And by no magic for Buhari

1 Like

Re: APC Leaders Angry With Buhari Over State Of Emergency Comments by Nobody: 10:19am On Jun 05, 2013
GenBuhari: where is the video evidence?
Really? I can see who u are from ur username. Dumbass!!! D interview was on radio not a tv.
Re: APC Leaders Angry With Buhari Over State Of Emergency Comments by hotwax: 10:21am On Jun 05, 2013
Seriously, I am confused now.

I hated Jonathan. I liked Buhari. But now, I am having a change of mind. Jonathan is still not my candidate. But this buhari is just a pathetic bigot.

He compared MEND with Boko-haram. How can a sane man do that?

Has anyone heard of MEND of:
1 Killing Muslims,
2 attacking a particular ethic group
3 Bombing mosques,
4 Attacking schools
5 Rejected Amnesty
6. Told all Nigerians to convert to Christianity before they accept amnesty ?

If no, then buhari is a lunatic prison inmate.

6 Likes

Re: APC Leaders Angry With Buhari Over State Of Emergency Comments by Nuzo1(m): 10:23am On Jun 05, 2013
Is it suppose to be news that Buhari is an ethnic bigot, religious fanatic and a hater of democracy?

From his leniency to northernern criminals during his military junta, to channeling all PDTF projects, to the north to asking "muslims to vote only muslims", to NOT campaigning in SE/SS and most part of SWest in 2011, to not sympathizing with victims of electoral violence in 2011, and now...sympathizing with Terrorists.

Buhari is the definition of everything that has been wrong with Nigeria since 1945 till date. Tribalism, nepotism and Religious fanaticism.

I pretended not to notice all these until he cut Southern states off from his campaign in 2011.

3 Likes

Re: APC Leaders Angry With Buhari Over State Of Emergency Comments by Ochek: 10:28am On Jun 05, 2013
Idi Amin: South-westerners, vote Buhari for President 2015. I thought you people are one Nigeria with the North? I dey laugh. Bible even talk am, you people will gather in one direction against the Igbos and scatter in seven directions. tongue

Which bible you de use abeg cos my own no get igbo inside o!
Re: APC Leaders Angry With Buhari Over State Of Emergency Comments by smtx(m): 10:28am On Jun 05, 2013
hotwax: Seriously, I am confused now.

I hated Jonathan. I liked Buhari. But now, I am having a change of mind. Jonathan is still not my candidate. But this buhari is just a pathetic bigot.

He compared MEND with Boko-haram. How can a sane man do that?

Has anyone heard of MEND of:
1 Killing Muslims,
2 attacking a particular ethic group
3 Bombing mosques,
4 Attacking schools
5 Rejected Amnesty
6. Told all Nigerians to convert to Christianity before they accept amnesty ?

If no, then buhari is a lunatic prison inmate.

That's the way the ball bounces, Buhari remains who he his...a sectional and selfish leader.
Re: APC Leaders Angry With Buhari Over State Of Emergency Comments by lacasa: 10:29am On Jun 05, 2013
Y the fuss over one statement.

He is Speaking his mind.

After 6,200 dead from this crisis, it's only logical to question the president's security strategy.

#.. Buhari is a no-nonsense man n ​ so​ naturally he is allergic to incompetent leaders like GEJ

1 Like

Re: APC Leaders Angry With Buhari Over State Of Emergency Comments by ajufinz(m): 10:31am On Jun 05, 2013
The Gen. Is just being true to himself... Politics promotes hypocracy, he doesn't play politics with his belief...

He hates JonAh... And he's not apologetic samsam!
Re: APC Leaders Angry With Buhari Over State Of Emergency Comments by gerald09(m): 10:32am On Jun 05, 2013
FINALLY it(buhari) has shown its(buhari) true colour, its about time. I have always said buhari has neva had plans for development n people keep calling me tribalistic. APC shuld better put him aside if they really want Nigeria in 2015.
Re: APC Leaders Angry With Buhari Over State Of Emergency Comments by shamson: 10:33am On Jun 05, 2013
gej is not sectional leader but he granted the niger delta militant military power to patrol the water ways which our navy will have effectively done and back them wit over six billion naira.
Re: APC Leaders Angry With Buhari Over State Of Emergency Comments by ifebosco: 10:34am On Jun 05, 2013
jjcbuthot:

How is he tribalistic? You are the tribalistic ones who doesnt want to hear anything Hausas or north despite the hausas being more accommodating to other people than your tribe. How many ibos are in the north compared to other tribes in your region? Tell me...

Go and check Buhari's cabinet members when he was head of state, PTF chairperson, etc.

The same man you are accusing of tribalism didnt forgive Maitasini when the later was killing people in the north. His government identified him and he was killed with NO civilian casualty.

The same way some us belief Odi invasion by soldiers was unnecessary. And I am sure you were opposed to Odi invasion because you are from that region. Tell yourself how Godly you are if you oppose Odi invasion and you support emergency rule in the north.
emergency rule in 3 northern states is to fight boko haram,not all of the northern states,or are you in support of boko haram??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

OMG! Okorocha Is Evil - By Morakinyo Olugbiji / Senator Mao Ohuabunwa Uses Frying Pans, Gas Cylinders To Empower Constituents / APC Adjusts Timetable For Governorship, Assemblies Primaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.