Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,754 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) - Phones (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) (136217 Views)

How To Root Tecno Phantom A+(f7) M3,l3,d5 And Q1 Easily. Bonaventure73 / Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 / Tecno N7, F7, Gionee E3, G2 Gpad & Infinix 450: Which Phone Is The Best One? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Dabss(m): 9:30am On Jun 12, 2013
Proffdada:

That's not a nice way to tell us YOUR history
some children here should be reading for their post ume

1 Like

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by fineemina: 8:25am On Jun 13, 2013
xxyz17:

check out this site another feature of Samsung s3 that my beloved friend is so proud of

http://blog.gsmarena.com/a-samsung-galaxy-s3-smartphone-combusts-out-of-the-blue-and-burns-off-while-owner-is-asleep/#more-49547

you can now pop corn with ur s3

we have never heard that our beloved f7 or it siblings have this wonderful feature.
Samsung
really invested a lot of money to be able to incorporate something like this into a smart phone

Question House
Can we please ask Tecno to incorporate this new feature in their upcoming flagship or not?

1 Like

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Rexyl(m): 2:07pm On Jun 13, 2013
ibietela2:

Are you going to eat update?? Besides it's not yet released. JB is still new until 2 more updates or so... You are here batching tecno when your useless country is yet to release a calculator

haha, haba
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Niyiframes(m): 3:13pm On Jun 14, 2013
Ok, lets agree to the fact that phones from Samsung, LG, Sony, htc and other top high end smart phone makers are great phones, they truly represent what a smart phone stands for. But Tecno Android phones on the other hand which i refer to as the contenders for most affordable smart phones with decent specs currently available here in Nigeria are also not as bad as majority of us think. So for the benefit of those who are so curious like me, though i dont review for or against any brand, here is a link to the Unboxing & Hands on review of the newcomer Android Smartphone from Tecno. Tecno F7, and i'll be doing a more indepth video review of the phone soon.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaEzvdmh4v4

Checkout n comment.

More video reviews of other phones coming up from 9jaGadgetCheck

5 Likes

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Baroba(m): 5:22pm On Jun 14, 2013
Hello Nairaland, am quite intrigued by the in roads made by this tecno company. I will like to know what skin overlay tecno uses on android and how smooth is it, secondly do you get updates, and finally, we know android uses a lot of power when compared to ios, what's the battery life like on day to day use.

Am glad android is gaining popularity in Nigeria, for the record, comparison between start up like tecno and samsung is totally unfair. The big Chinese android makers am aware of are huawei and oppo with their newly launched full hd premium oppo find 5.
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Elslim: 7:06pm On Jun 14, 2013
go TECNO...!
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by generalissimo(m): 12:13pm On Jun 15, 2013
Policewoman: Anyhow you put am, China phone na China Phone. Samsung rules cool cool cool cool

Ur reason aint cogent enough cos if a company is located in china doesn't make their products inferior. Tecno is a young, upcoming brand emerging from China. Samsungg headquaters is located in Korea, but has established it's name. Kets free ourselves from this mental slavery. Samsung, Nokia etc are milking us dry with their products prices. They exploit us. I'm not saying that Teccno will not do the same when they finally become a household name. All I'm saying is that we pay extra for what Tecno brings to us for cheaper with the same functionalities.

1 Like

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by generalissimo(m): 12:49pm On Jun 15, 2013
Policewoman: Abeg, Berem park one side. Me i don use china phone, use korea phone (samsung) and i'm telling you that there is a big difference between CAPITAL B na OKPA EFI. Take it or leave it.

Ur comment clearly exposed u as somebody who knows very little about technology. No disrespect meant. Dell, Sony, HP, Hitachi, Toshiba etc manufacture Computers using Microsoft windows OS(windowXPs, WindowZ,8 etc).These are the softwares on which these systems from different manufacturers are built. We buy them not saying one is China or Korea. But when Android phones come, we forget that the hardwares are the properties of the brand while the operating system is what we actually buy. Buy Both Samsug n Tecno which have d same OS n do the comparison urself. Except for few diff such d type of processor, processor speed, screen size, etc

1 Like

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by xxyz17(m): 5:56pm On Jun 15, 2013
fineemina: xxyz17:

check out this site another feature of Samsung s3 that my beloved friend is so proud of

http://blog.gsmarena.com/a-samsung-galaxy-s3-smartphone-combusts-out-of-the-blue-and-burns-off-while-owner-is-asleep/#more-49547

you can now pop corn with ur s3

we have never heard that our beloved f7 or it siblings have this wonderful feature.
Samsung
really invested a lot of money to be able to incorporate something like this into a smart phone

Question House
Can we please ask Tecno to incorporate this new feature in their upcoming flagship or not?

Bro you are mixing things up. I'm not a Tecno fan pls.
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by ibietela2(m): 7:41pm On Jun 15, 2013
Niyiframes: Ok, lets agree to the fact that phones from Samsung, LG, Sony, htc and other top high end smart phone makers are great phones, they truly represent what a smart phone stands for. But Tecno Android phones on the other hand which i refer to as the contenders for most affordable smart phones with decent specs currently available here in Nigeria are also not as bad as majority of us think. So for the benefit of those who are so curious like me, though i dont review for or against any brand, here is a link to the Unboxing & Hands on review of the newcomer Android Smartphone from Tecno. Tecno F7, and i'll be doing a more indepth video review of the phone soon.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaEzvdmh4v4

Checkout n comment.

More video reviews of other phones coming up from 9jaGadgetCheck

God bless you
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by ibietela2(m): 7:47pm On Jun 15, 2013
generalissimo:

Ur comment clearly exposed u as somebody who knows very little about technology. No disrespect meant. Dell, Sony, HP, Hitachi, Toshiba etc manufacture Computers using Microsoft windows OS(windowXPs, WindowZ,8 etc).These are the softwares on which these systems from different manufacturers are built. We buy them not saying one is China or Korea. But when Android phones come, we forget that the hardwares are the properties of the brand while the operating system is what we actually buy. Buy Both Samsug n Tecno which have d same OS n do the comparison urself. Except for few diff such d type of processor, processor speed, screen size, etc

You forget to mention Tv, cd player
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by k2kay(m): 7:52pm On Jun 15, 2013
I finally saw the n7 and f7 for the first time 2day and I must confess that tecno really really tried. One word for the f7 is SUPERB. Pls let's give honour to whom its due. Am nt for the comparison buh if u are a tecno doubter, pls do try and get hold of the f7 to see for ursef. The video review is nutin to write home abt compared to what I personally saw, felt and used 2day. In short, am getting my first android fone and I proudly say its the tecno f7
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Dabss(m): 10:19am On Jun 16, 2013
generalissimo:

Ur reason aint cogent enough cos if a company is located in china doesn't make their products inferior. Tecno is a young, upcoming brand emerging from China. Samsungg headquaters is located in Korea, but has established it's name. Kets free ourselves from this mental slavery. Samsung, Nokia etc are milking us dry with their products prices. They exploit us. I'm not saying that Teccno will not do the same when they finally become a household name. All I'm saying is that we pay extra for what Tecno brings to us for cheaper with the same functionalities.
oga don't deceive yourself. Techno produces inferior phones i proved it in the previous page. You guys think nokia,lg etc charge too much for their phones, but you dont ask yourself why most of them are struggling not to go bankrupt.
Superior chips and parts cost more.
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by akinlolusewanu9(m): 9:11pm On Jun 16, 2013
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by Tajsagay(m): 11:25am On Jun 17, 2013
Mobility blog is offering the tecno phantom A f7 at a subsidized price of N32,000. Standard price in the market is N35,000, so you are getting a N3,000 discount!

http://mobility.com.ng/deal-of-the-week-tecno-phantom-a-f7/
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by MrMiyagi(m): 11:34pm On Jun 18, 2013
francis247: All I see is the difference between EXCELLENCE and MEDIOCRITY.

Then u need to clean your eyes and look again
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by MrMiyagi(m): 11:57pm On Jun 18, 2013
Da_b¤§§.:
oga don't deceive yourself. Techno produces inferior phones i proved it in the previous page. You guys think nokia,lg etc charge too much for their phones, but you dont ask yourself why most of them are struggling not to go bankrupt.
Superior chips and parts cost more.

I beg to differ.....
On the grounds that
1....Tecno is a new company looking to progress while placing it market's base in Africa which coincidentally most smartphone makers have ignored and are still ignoring...
2....Techno is a Chinese company which means they get everything at reduced rate and awesome quality too bearing in mind that it is highly cheap to get things done in China thN anywhere else in the world....
3....The economic pfowess of China can't and shouldn't be overlooked due to the fact that other smartphone makers such as apple,Nokia,HTC and a few other produce their phones in China because it is far cheaper and in return they have to pay some sort of tax duty on em and all which also affects the pricing of their gadgets coupled with the fact that they also have a name and an image to sell...
4....Everyother smartphone maker always focus their attention on America and Europe to make sales thereby ignoring Africa Co's they don't see the need for coming to Africa to launch their phones cos they believe the market is not strong enough for profits...instead they ship fairly used n Shelf pulls down to Africa for us to buy and use in Africa...
5....Techno has a 13month warranty clause on all of their devices, that should tell you something about the quality and the assurance they place on their devices...
6...The reason why people see it as a downgrade is because of the pricing of the phone s which is unbelievably cheap to what others offering the same sort of package are asking for...if Techno phones are about 70k in d market, some of y'all will respect them more....
7...They have a customer care centre that answers to your every need and complain as swiftly as possible should incase u develop an issue with the phone and u want it fixed and if it can't, u get a new device.... if it's still within the warranty period...

1 Like

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by MrMiyagi(m): 12:12am On Jun 19, 2013
I was gettimg ready to buy the Samsung galaxy S4, when I came across the phantom A1...Being skeptical about it, I made a few enquiries and I ended up buying the phone....a decision I regard as one of my best decisions dis year...if u don't have a phantom A1 then I don't fnk u'll be able to say anything positive about the phone...Before u comment on dis device, spend atleast 24Hrs with 1...exploring all it's features and capaBilities...u'll be amazed...

This is a great device but I still wouldn't compare it with an iPhone 5 or GS3/GS4 or Nokia Lumia or HTC One because each device stands out differently and Tecno's selling point is its Pricing...

From a Gadget freak, I advise/advice u to buy this phone....if u are having doubts about it....
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by MrMiyagi(m): 12:13am On Jun 19, 2013
k2kay: I finally saw the n7 and f7 for the first time 2day and I must confess that tecno really really tried. One word for the f7 is SUPERB. Pls let's give honour to whom its due. Am nt for the comparison buh if u are a tecno doubter, pls do try and get hold of the f7 to see for ursef. The video review is nutin to write home abt compared to what I personally saw, felt and used 2day. In short, am getting my first android fone and I proudly say its the tecno f7

Exactly....An awesome device
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by cyrexx: 4:13am On Jun 19, 2013
Mr Miyagi: I was gettimg ready to buy the Samsung galaxy S4, when I came across the phantom A1...Being skeptical about it, I made a few enquiries and I ended up buying the phone....a decision I regard as one of my best decisions dis year...if u don't have a phantom A1 then I don't fnk u'll be able to say anything positive about the phone...Before u comment on dis device, spend atleast 24Hrs with 1...exploring all it's features and capaBilities...u'll be amazed...

This is a great device but I still wouldn't compare it with an iPhone 5 or GS3/GS4 or Nokia Lumia or HTC One because each device stands out differently and Tecno's selling point is its Pricing...

From a Gadget freak, I advise/advice u to buy this phone....if u are having doubts about it....

How long does the battery last, I heard some people saying the battery life of the phone is not good enough.
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by africanboy(m): 12:57pm On Jun 19, 2013
I just got the phone. Benchmark value was 4311.

But there are a lot of other things to consider if you wish to purchase a device. I have used a HTC Desire HD, Motorola Droid Bionic, Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 Plus, Infinix Race Lite before I purchased this. For a gadget freak (which I think I am), if you are in the market for a device you can easily play with and wont break your bank, go for this device. I love Android and don't care for who made the hardware.

My initial plan was to get a Lumia 520, but Android won me over. For 34k, if this device doesnt meet up, I can easily sell it. But as at today (less than 24 hours), I dont see that happening

Da_b¤§§.:
this is a benchmark test for hardware power/quality. (galaxy s3) pls post that of your f7.
A friend benchmarked his the total score was about 5600
Both devices use 1gb ram but my ram speed was more than 3X his own. I need not say more. (things like processing power)
Prove me wrong. Benchmark your phone and upload it here. (antutu v3 benchmark)
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by LordReed(m): 1:34pm On Jun 19, 2013
africanboy: I just got the phone. Benchmark value was 4311.

But there are a lot of other things to consider if you wish to purchase a device. I have used a HTC Desire HD, Motorola Droid Bionic, Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 Plus, Infinix Race Lite before I purchased this. For a gadget freak (which I think I am), if you are in the market for a device you can easily play with and wont break your bank, go for this device. I love Android an
Id don't care for who made the hardware.

My initial plan was to get a Lumia 520, but Android won me over. For 34k, if this device doesnt meet up, I can easily sell it. But as at today (less than 24 hours), I dont see that happening

Which benchmark did you use? Please post a screenshot.
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by LordReed(m): 2:18pm On Jun 19, 2013
Da_b¤§§.:
this is a benchmark test for hardware power/quality. (galaxy s3) pls post that of your f7.
A friend benchmarked his the total score was about 5600
Both devices use 1gb ram but my ram speed was more than 3X his own. I need not say more. (things like processing power)
Prove me wrong. Benchmark your phone and upload it here. (antutu v3 benchmark)

For comparison, here's my Gionee Dream D1 score:

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by zeanslim(m): 4:28pm On Jun 19, 2013
africanboy: I just got the phone. Benchmark value was 4311.

But there are a lot of other things to consider if you wish to purchase a device. I have used a HTC Desire HD, Motorola Droid Bionic, Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 Plus, Infinix Race Lite before I purchased this. For a gadget freak (which I think I am), if you are in the market for a device you can easily play with and wont break your bank, go for this device. I love Android and don't care for who made the hardware.

Are you sure cos dix ma tecno #Q1BENCHMARK

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by westkays(m): 5:24pm On Jun 19, 2013
Zet72: grin angry
Yes ooo Team HTC ...
Mr Miyagi:

Then u need to clean your eyes and look again
Thank you
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by westkays(m): 5:29pm On Jun 19, 2013
Jonwesley: Your problem is lack of money. Please don't confuse people with your wrong comparisons. Don't you know that when a cat calls a lion to a fight its end has come? That is your case.
Your Ignorance is killing you.The differences between the two fones are not that much compared to their prices. wise up!
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by africanboy(m): 1:20pm On Jun 20, 2013
I ran the assessment again. Yesterday, my radio was on and some files were downloading. This time, I ensured nothing else was running.

Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by LordReed(m): 1:59pm On Jun 20, 2013
africanboy: I ran the assessment again. Yesterday, my radio was on and some files were downloading. This time, I ensured nothing else was running.

What!!! The F7 is being out performed by the Q1? Men I am so glad I went for the Gionee Dream D1 instead.
Re: Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) by zeanslim(m): 2:30pm On Jun 20, 2013
Lord_Reed:

What!!! The F7 is being out performed by the Q1? Men I am so glad I went for the Gionee Dream D1 instead.
Menh dnt no wats rng wit theirs oo
My q1 was given to me by tecno manager(won it on fb)(hand to hand)
N i dnt xperince wat odas doo(low ba3...etc) very smooth phone
Can dey b fakes of dis tecno [
Cos...wat am seein z suprizin shocked
Will advice pple buy it to get it frm there main branch....etc

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply)

MTN Reviews Call Tariff: Call Rates As Low As 10kobo Across All Networks / Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread / Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.