Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

B-o-m-b-s-h-e-l-l! Amaechi’s Sinking Sand. (a Must Read) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / B-o-m-b-s-h-e-l-l! Amaechi’s Sinking Sand. (a Must Read) (2026 Views)

7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language / B-O-M-B-S-H-E-L-L!!! Jonathan Responsible For Buhari's Sickness - APC. / B-o-m-b-s-h-e-l-l Kwakwanso Buhari Fight Dirty, As Buhari Re-directs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

B-o-m-b-s-h-e-l-l! Amaechi’s Sinking Sand. (a Must Read) by mulumele(m): 1:22pm On Jun 05, 2013
"I hate pride and arrogance…and
perverse speech (Proverbs 8:13)
When pride comes, then comes
disgrace, but with humility comes
wisdom (Proverbs 11:12).
Pride brings a person low, but the
lowly in spirit gain honour.
(Proverbs 29:23).
Pride goeth before destruction and
a haughty spirit before a fall. Better
to be of an humble spirit with the
lowly, than to divide the spoil with
the proud… (Proverbs 16:18).
Such is the story of a certain young
man, who was elevated from a
humble background. Growing up,
he knew no luxury, he struggled to
be successful, his struggle pushed
him to serve a certain Medical
Doctor as a help, some say
Personal Assistant, but heaven
smiled upon them and his master
became governor, fate smiled on
him and he became a member of a
House of Assembly, destiny
favoured him further and he
became Speaker of the State house
of Assembly. He had no CV, no
experience whatsoever. He had
never worked, never written an
official memo. God elevated him
and he became Governor, despite
his many sins as speaker… what a
merciful God…
The he proclaimed – “Once has he
spoken, twice have I heard, that
power belongs to God…” Very true.
That power belongs to God. He
wrote this all over the city, we read
those inscriptions and gave God all
praise.
“Nearly all men can stand adversity,
but if you want to test a man, give
him power.” – Abraham Lincoln.
Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi,
the Executive Governor of Rivers
State ascended the throne in 2007,
through divine and judicial
intervention, when his cousin Sir.
Celestine Omehia was dethroned.
We welcomed him with open
hands and wished him well.
He resumed office with so much
vigour. He pursued the Rivers State
of our dreams. He awarded
commendable road contracts,
commenced building of schools
and hospitals, pursued them with
passion, monitored projects at
night on power bikes. That was
the first Amaechi. We hailed him,
we loved him, we prayed for him,
he won national awards, headed
many national committees, won
national popularity, he was
celebrated, he became more
powerful.
Suddenly, another Amaechi
emerged. He lost focus, he became
a bully. He shouted at and insulted
his commissioners at will, insulted
traditional rulers at will, talked
carelessly at public forums,
boasted unnecessarily with such
reprehensible impunity as though
he was God.
He sacked commissioners who
dare to question his policies or
decisions. He sacked
commissioners who even had a
drink with his perceived
opponents or said good morning
to them. This was not the Amaechi
we knew. Whatever happened to
him…
In 2012, Amaechi in an
unprecedented manner suspended
11 Local Government chairmen for
coming late to a meeting. The
House of Asssembly who were all
hand-picked by him immediately
ratified the suspension… of course
they are all puppets. This was just
a little display of his new despotic
and dictatorial disposition. Just
recently, he has influenced the
suspension of a Local Government
Chairman, a democratically elected
Chairman, just because he took
sides with his perceived political
enemy. Even military regimes were
not so bad.
That was not all, he loves to have
his way all the way and never
admitted any failure, or else he
would have admitted that his ill-
conceived, still-born monorail
project, which has gulped more
than 20 billion naira and planted
less than 90 pillars with a distance
I can trek in 4 minutes or less is a
failure. But who dares challenge
him?
He’s in fights with almost all his
neighbouring governors. Bayelsa,
Akwai-Ibom, etc. He’s enemies with
almost all his PDP governor’s, what
a man. He took the same
arrogance to the NGF. He would
not let Deputy Governors to
represent their governors in an
NGF meeting. He would ask them
to wait downstairs, while he met
with the Governors in attendance.
Amaechi is a ruler.
Now he rubs shoulders with the
President of the Federal Republic
of Nigeria and Commander in Chief.
A man that went to school and
bagged a PHD. A man who was
Deputy Governor, who became
Governor, who became Vice
President, became acting President
and was voted back into office as
President with a resounding
landslide victory. A feat Amaechi
may never be able to achieve. This
man has a C.V.
He looks for every excuse to
disparage the President. He
ridicules the President overtly and
covertly. He disrespects the
President at will. Come on, when
you disrespect the president of
Nigeria, you disrespect Nigeria.
Such is Amaechi’s new hobby.
He blames the President Goodluck
Jonathan for all his woes. He kicks
against a stone, blame the
President. He loses oil wells to
Bayelsa, it’s Goodluck, he loses oil
wells to Akwa-Ibom, blame the
President. He loses PDP structure in
his state it’s Goodluck. His private
jet is grounded for obvious
reasons, yet it’s Goodluck. Caverton
disowns him, it’s still Goodluck,
Caverton challenges him to bring
documentary evidence of
relationship between them and the
Rivers State Government, it’s still
Goodluck. The President has
suffered.
…Quem deus vult perdere,
dementat prius.
Amaechi must remember that
constituted Authority must be
respected and revered. If you want
respect from subordinates, respect
you superiors.
A son can play with his mother’s
breasts, but not his father’s
testicles…
Now, his sands are sinking. His
state is in disarray. Things fall
apart… Chaos has enveloped Rivers
State. The House of Assembly has
not been able to sit since the Obio
Akpo saga. Angry youths are all
over the State. Over 7,000 youths
under the auspices of the Rivers
Peoples Assembly protested
recently and called for his
resignation. The Nigeria Governor’s
Forum for the first time is in
disarray. The NGF has never in it’s
history has two factions. Doesn’t
he thin there is a problem with his
leadership model? His state PDP
has two factions, his NGF has two
factions. The executive arm is not
currently not functional, the State
Executive Committee has not been
able to hold their routine weekly
meeting for weeks now.
Commissioners in the state have
not been working. The state is
grounded, yet Amaechi will not
come back home and fix his house.
He’s touring the country fighting
everywhere, like America goes
outside to fight wars. When he
comes back home to meet his
house topsy turvy, of course, there
is someone to blame, the
President.
His woes continue, now the PDP
has rejected him by suspending
him, where does he stand? He’s
like a dog with no owner. Maybe
he’ll become the head of the
cornerstones.
His sands are sinking, the center
can hold no more. We will still be
watching.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=550745311635624&id=114418125268347

4 Likes

Re: B-o-m-b-s-h-e-l-l! Amaechi’s Sinking Sand. (a Must Read) by Dracula27: 1:34pm On Jun 05, 2013
Hmmmm....What can we say to these things?
Re: B-o-m-b-s-h-e-l-l! Amaechi’s Sinking Sand. (a Must Read) by mulumele(m): 1:38pm On Jun 05, 2013
I am not exactly familiar with the fairy tale story of Amaechi. Is this true or the handiwork of his detractors trying to arouse sentiments?
Re: B-o-m-b-s-h-e-l-l! Amaechi’s Sinking Sand. (a Must Read) by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 05, 2013
mulumele: I am not exactly familiar with the fairy tale story of Amaechi. Is this true or the handiwork of his detractors trying to arouse sentiments?

Anyone who lives in Port Harcourt who wants to stay on the same side with the truth, will know that Amechi behaves like tout!
People like him should not be in leadership but them, it is people like him that hold sway in Nigerian politics!

Dracula27%:
Hmmmm....What can we say to these things?

na Jonathan fault na! What else do you want to talk?

1 Like

Re: B-o-m-b-s-h-e-l-l! Amaechi’s Sinking Sand. (a Must Read) by Bigcake: 2:17pm On Jun 05, 2013
Let all d indigenes of River state come out n organise a fierce street protest similar to Arab spring in all d major streets in PH. Ensure that d state is locked down to pave way for a state of emergency, impeachment or passing of vote of no confidence. Ameachi must go.
Re: B-o-m-b-s-h-e-l-l! Amaechi’s Sinking Sand. (a Must Read) by gramci: 2:23pm On Jun 05, 2013
He's on his own, even his APC supporters will abandon him, they claimed recently that the support they gave was meant to embarrass the president. So he can see that he has got no real ally in this whole charade.
Re: B-o-m-b-s-h-e-l-l! Amaechi’s Sinking Sand. (a Must Read) by mulumele(m): 2:32pm On Jun 05, 2013
People have been supporting him from most of the forums that I have visited until recently.Whatever went wrong?
Re: B-o-m-b-s-h-e-l-l! Amaechi’s Sinking Sand. (a Must Read) by FrankC3: 2:51pm On Jun 05, 2013
mulumele: People have been supporting him from most of the forums that I have visited until recently.Whatever went wrong?

That will tell you the power of the well oiled ACN propaganda. The same way Buhari and Fashola are the best human beings on earth but Akpabio and Chime are rogues. The same way GEJ is evil and corrupt but Tinubu a saint. The same way Rochas became a wonderful leader just after joining the unregistered APC. The same very way they have 'convinced' the gullible that GEJ is the sole cause of global warming. That same machinery was lent to Amaechi and that is what you see at work in those 'fora'

Have you also noticed that ACN is an ethnic group and Tinubu ownership of major properties in Lagos is no big deal despite the fact that we know him not to be Dangote.

That is what some of us call 'Lagos media'

11 Likes

Re: B-o-m-b-s-h-e-l-l! Amaechi’s Sinking Sand. (a Must Read) by oshyno(m): 2:52pm On Jun 05, 2013
mulumele: People have been supporting him from most of the forums that I have visited until recently.Whatever went wrong?

Amechi's first term was full of developements. You could see things happening left right n center. I personal went to shell RA to vote 4 him during last election. But his second term is an eye sore. Nothing is happening. I just pass Trans amadi down to Garisson , meeeen u need to see d road. I cud nt but shudder. Trans amadi that is d economic nerve center of d state in dat sorry situation yet we hv a government in place ? Amechi has totally lost it. His advisers hv killed him.

1 Like

Re: B-o-m-b-s-h-e-l-l! Amaechi’s Sinking Sand. (a Must Read) by ogbeleje: 3:00pm On Jun 05, 2013
Nigerians are tired of the politics of blackmail.Just because Amaechi won out-rightly in NGF election,intends to effect a positive change in a certain higher office,that is why all these write-ups are coming up.Thank God sha say the author acknowledge say him perform for Rivers State.Hw abt the radio and Tv neigbour governors of Amaechi who are doing nothing bt deceive Nigerians?"If ur brother no sabi fish,collect the hook and teach him how to fish" That is the rule.If Amaechi was doing bad in his state,hw com opposition governors voted for him in NGF? Nigerian are tired of share the money people.If a commissioner is bad,show him the exit.Ditto wt LGA chairman! Mr writer,wz it possible 4 a state gov to single-handedly sack LGA chairmen? Stop deceiving us!!! Una don suspend am,him no cry,na una com d cry.Abeg,make una leav him alone!

1 Like

Re: B-o-m-b-s-h-e-l-l! Amaechi’s Sinking Sand. (a Must Read) by Mylove55(f): 3:25pm On Jun 05, 2013
What a trash thread!can't u see dat Gej is d one sinking,why wil Gej steal river state oil well,divide NGF,suspend him frm party because amaechi win,can't u see jona is disturbing himself,is it now a crime to fight 4 justice?he is now arrogant because he wants to claim what belong to him.

1 Like

Re: B-o-m-b-s-h-e-l-l! Amaechi’s Sinking Sand. (a Must Read) by stebell(m): 3:51pm On Jun 05, 2013
Truth be told Amaechi did well in his first term, but since after de election in 2011, he de Gov lost it. Truly, he is sinking and I believe he'll sink alone. As for de oil wells, de host communities especially frm de riverine (Soku et al) actually wan to join Bayelsa. Reason is dat D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ contribute hugely to de resource of de state, yet de only visible projects yu see is de health centres and de primary schs. Aside dat notin. Its only ph and Obio/Akpo dat yu will see developments not forgetting his local govt. The rest of de state is jus de above stated projects.

1 Like

Re: B-o-m-b-s-h-e-l-l! Amaechi’s Sinking Sand. (a Must Read) by mulumele(m): 4:36pm On Jun 05, 2013
Mylove55: What a trash thread!can't u see dat Gej is d one sinking,why wil Gej steal river state oil well,divide NGF,suspend him frm party because amaechi win,can't u see jona is disturbing himself,is it now a crime to fight 4 justice?he is now arrogant because he wants to claim what belong to him.
ogbeleje: Nigerians are tired of the politics of blackmail.Just because Amaechi won out-rightly in NGF election,intends to effect a positive change in a certain higher office,that is why all these write-ups are coming up.Thank God sha say the author acknowledge say him perform for Rivers State.Hw abt the radio and Tv neigbour governors of Amaechi who are doing nothing bt deceive Nigerians?"If ur brother no sabi fish,collect the hook and teach him how to fish" That is the rule.If Amaechi was doing bad in his state,hw com opposition governors voted for him in NGF? Nigerian are tired of share the money people.If a commissioner is bad,show him the exit.Ditto wt LGA chairman! Mr writer,wz it possible 4 a state gov to single-handedly sack LGA chairmen? Stop deceiving us!!! Una don suspend am,him no cry,na una com d cry.Abeg,make una leav him alone!

Yes.These sound like what I was used to hearing about Amaechi until now.
Re: B-o-m-b-s-h-e-l-l! Amaechi’s Sinking Sand. (a Must Read) by mulumele(m): 4:38pm On Jun 05, 2013
oshyno:

Amechi's first term was full of developements. You could see things happening left right n center. I personal went to shell RA to vote 4 him during last election. But his second term is an eye sore. Nothing is happening. I just pass Trans amadi down to Garisson , meeeen u need to see d road. I cud nt but shudder. Trans amadi that is d economic nerve center of d state in dat sorry situation yet we hv a government in place ? Amechi has totally lost it. His advisers hv killed him.

Seems the success of the first term got his head swollen up.lol
Re: B-o-m-b-s-h-e-l-l! Amaechi’s Sinking Sand. (a Must Read) by otokx(m): 5:34pm On Jun 05, 2013
Amaechi this and Amaechi that, can we not have peace again? Amaechi and Techno are now the most talked about phenomena on nairaland. Driving through greater Port Harcourt today; noticed that work on the monorail is still on going, some road construction work is also going on in that road near holy rosary, also in the road from UNIPORT to ALUU work is on going to mention a few. AMAECHI may not be a saint but he definitely is not yet a villain in terms of developmental structures in Rivers State.

2 Likes

Re: B-o-m-b-s-h-e-l-l! Amaechi’s Sinking Sand. (a Must Read) by KnowAll(m): 5:54pm On Jun 05, 2013
He took the same
arrogance to the NGF. He would
not let Deputy Governors to
represent their governors in an
NGF meeting.
He would ask them
to wait downstairs, while he met
with the Governors in attendance.
Amaechi is a ruler.

Those Deputy Governors are mumus, they should have told their Governors of Amechi's attitude towards them, I won't be surprise the so called Governors whose Deputies were treated like shiiiiite end up voting for Amechi during the NGF's election.
Re: B-o-m-b-s-h-e-l-l! Amaechi’s Sinking Sand. (a Must Read) by Myself2(m): 6:47pm On Jun 05, 2013
Now the world knows what most people in Pitakwa have been putting up with,so many of them have been complaining since Amaechi's second year in office

Pride truly precedes a fall
Re: B-o-m-b-s-h-e-l-l! Amaechi’s Sinking Sand. (a Must Read) by kaeycea(m): 7:07pm On Jun 05, 2013
Surely Amechi is lik a pawn in a chess board.. Dos using him will final dump him &leave him a political orphan
Re: B-o-m-b-s-h-e-l-l! Amaechi’s Sinking Sand. (a Must Read) by Tigerhead: 7:19pm On Jun 05, 2013
stebell: Truth be told Amaechi did well in his first term, but since after de election in 2011, he de Gov lost it. Truly, he is sinking and I believe he'll sink alone. As for de oil wells, de host communities especially frm de riverine (Soku et al) actually wan to join Bayelsa. Reason is dat D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ contribute hugely to de resource of de state, yet de only visible projects yu see is de health centres and de primary schs. Aside dat notin. Its only ph and Obio/Akpo dat yu will see developments not forgetting his local govt. The rest of de state is jus de above stated projects.

Most people don't understand this.
Re: B-o-m-b-s-h-e-l-l! Amaechi’s Sinking Sand. (a Must Read) by iykofias(m): 8:16pm On Jun 05, 2013
Total crap, cnt bliv I wasted 5minute of my life readin ds

1 Like

Re: B-o-m-b-s-h-e-l-l! Amaechi’s Sinking Sand. (a Must Read) by Iniobon(m): 8:54pm On Jun 05, 2013
iykofias: Total crap, cnt bliv I wasted 5minute of my life readin ds

Lol
Re: B-o-m-b-s-h-e-l-l! Amaechi’s Sinking Sand. (a Must Read) by omenka(m): 11:31pm On Jun 05, 2013
And where is the effing "bombshell" in this angry
Re: B-o-m-b-s-h-e-l-l! Amaechi’s Sinking Sand. (a Must Read) by iphy42: 11:52pm On Jun 05, 2013
...and what exactly has he done that some if not all other governors have not done. Which of them is not power drunk?
I don't know why d op is being religious, but I hate feasting on sentiments.
FYI I am not a fan of Amechi or Jang Or whoever!
Re: B-o-m-b-s-h-e-l-l! Amaechi’s Sinking Sand. (a Must Read) by Nobody: 7:26am On Jun 06, 2013
This thread is one of the most baseless thread i have read this new month. I sure some people will change their views and the soft spot they have for Ameachi {dat seems to be the motives behind this thread. Isnt it obvious that this thread is sponsor by GEJ, Jang n Akpabio. It's clearly written with desparation ask us in river states to protest so that the state will be declare state of emergency. Posting it on Nairaland is not enough, just get more money from your sponsors and publish it on all national dailies, social media, cable tvs, and even on NTA. But i tell you your state cant be compare to Rivers state and your Governor has done even worse things, thats if you tell us where you come from.

1 Like

Re: B-o-m-b-s-h-e-l-l! Amaechi’s Sinking Sand. (a Must Read) by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 06, 2013
ogbeleje: Nigerians are tired of the politics of blackmail.Just because Amaechi won out-rightly in NGF election,intends to effect a positive change in a certain higher office,that is why all these write-ups are coming up.Thank God sha say the author acknowledge say him perform for Rivers State.Hw abt the radio and Tv neigbour governors of Amaechi who are doing nothing bt deceive Nigerians?"If ur brother no sabi fish,collect the hook and teach him how to fish" That is the rule.If Amaechi was doing bad in his state,hw com opposition governors voted for him in NGF? Nigerian are tired of share the money people.If a commissioner is bad,show him the exit.Ditto wt LGA chairman! Mr writer,wz it possible 4 a state gov to single-handedly sack LGA chairmen? Stop deceiving us!!! Una don suspend am,him no cry,na una com d cry.Abeg,make una leav him alone!

Go to Rivers State and say this publicly and see if you wont receive the treatment of Aluu4
Re: B-o-m-b-s-h-e-l-l! Amaechi’s Sinking Sand. (a Must Read) by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:22am On Jun 06, 2013
That was not all, he loves to have his way all the way and never admitted any failure, or else he would have admitted that his ill-conceived, still-born monorail project, which has gulped more than 20 billion naira and planted less than 90 pillars with a distance I can trek in 4 minutes or less is a failure. But who dares challenge him?

If those Stepping Stones at town is valued 20 Billion Naira, then Amaechi should be shot as an Armed Robber.
Re: B-o-m-b-s-h-e-l-l! Amaechi’s Sinking Sand. (a Must Read) by thriz: 1:00pm On Jun 06, 2013
Enangson: This thread is one of the most baseless thread i have read this new month. I sure some people will change their views and the soft spot they have for Ameachi {dat seems to be the motives behind this thread. Isnt it obvious that this thread is sponsor by GEJ, Jang n Akpabio. It's clearly written with desparation ask us in river states to protest so that the state will be declare state of emergency. Posting it on Nairaland is not enough, just get more money from your sponsors and publish it on all national dailies, social media, cable tvs, and even on NTA. But i tell you your state cant be compare to Rivers state and your Governor has done even worse things, thats if you tell us where you come from.

and as daft as you are, you are of the opinion GEJ has time to exchange words with you here, wise up.
Re: B-o-m-b-s-h-e-l-l! Amaechi’s Sinking Sand. (a Must Read) by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jun 07, 2013
thriz:

and as daft as you are, you are of the opinion GEJ has time to exchange words with you here, wise up.
As Wise as you are you really think this write up has succeeded in painting Amaechi baaad and GEJ and other Governors as Saint. {grow up}
Re: B-o-m-b-s-h-e-l-l! Amaechi’s Sinking Sand. (a Must Read) by ssii: 5:56pm On Jun 07, 2013
@ op,LIES!!! Are you paid detractors not going to get tired of attacking the person of Amaechi? Simply because he does not agree with GEJ. For your information, Amaechi has done well for Rivers people. That he is fearless and stubborn, does not mean he is arrogant. Odili wasted Rivers money and introduced militancy in Rivers for 8 years with assasinations here and there, nobody attacked him. You think its every governor that is saying yes sir to GEJ that is in support of him. Unfortunately, GEJ does not know his enemies. You people should leave Amaechi alone, he has not done anything to warrant all these attacks.
Re: B-o-m-b-s-h-e-l-l! Amaechi’s Sinking Sand. (a Must Read) by ssii: 6:05pm On Jun 07, 2013
Bigcake: Let all d indigenes of River state come out n organise a fierce street protest similar to Arab spring in all d major streets in PH. Ensure that d state is locked down to pave way for a state of emergency, impeachment or passing of vote of no confidence. Ameachi must go.
Sorry for you, Amaechi has performed better than his predecessor, GEJ and most governors. If people did not and are not protesting for them to leave, why should we protest for our governor to leave. Really, how much do they pay you guys to be writing all these lies and and senseless words. Please leave our governor alone, we will not protest. All your plans for impeachment has failed abi?

(1) (Reply)

See President Jonathan's New Official Potrait / Fg Pay Nans President 500k Monthly Salary / Kim Jong Un Fed Uncle Alive To 120 Starved Dogs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.