Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,776 members, 7,824,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Jiayu G4!!!!!! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Jiayu G4!!!!!! (17396 Views)

How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 / Jiayu F2 4G LTE Specifications / Jiayu F2,S2,S3,G4-G4s,G5-G5s,G6 Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by mrdrizzy(m): 4:49pm On Jun 10, 2013
@dr dre thanks alot bt the g6 screen is horribly huge joor 5.7 for a fone,so unpocketable.i'll pass..the jiayu c3 is even there sef 292+screen guard.i think that one sound fair..all na GOD hand e dey oh..when d kishi show...lets jst wait for bros peachie to get his g4 and tell us his review on d fone.*fingers crossed*..oh has anyone seen xolo device..intel based phone ,its actually one of the cheapest intel based fone
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by DrDre1(m): 9:19pm On Jun 10, 2013
@ Mr. Drizzy
I understand your point. There was a time 4 inches sounded weird but it's now seen as normal. Maybe in the future, we'd be sticking 15 inches screens to our heads lol. I just find it hard to ignore the G6...and oh! It comes with the biggest battery ever in a phone cheesy. As for the 'pocketability', don't be surprised if fashion trends start tilting towards larger pockets
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by mrdrizzy(m): 10:13pm On Jun 10, 2013
Dr. Dre:
@ Mr. Drizzy
I understand your point. There was a time 4 inches sounded weird but it's now seen as normal. Maybe in the future, we'd be sticking 15 inches screens to our heads lol. I just find it hard to ignore the G6...and oh! It comes with the biggest battery ever in a phone cheesy. As for the 'pocketability', don't be surprised if fashion trends start tilting towards larger pockets
lolz
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by peachie(f): 11:12am On Jun 11, 2013
TrebleChamp: Pls hw did u pay 4 dis phone online? (wich payment card did u use). D 2gb ram version is available. http://www.jiayuofficial.com/jiayu-g4-mtk6589-android-4-2-quad-core-2gb-ram-32gb-rom-4-7-inch-hd-ips-retina-screen-13mp-camera-gyroscope-basic-smart-mobile-phone-white.html

i payed via paypal. The 2G version is NOT available now. As i understand it, you will have to pre-order and then wait till the end of june?!?
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by TrebleChamp(m): 7:53am On Jun 12, 2013
peachie:
i payed via paypal. The 2G version is NOT available now. As i understand it, you will have to pre-order and then wait till the end of june?!?
Do you reside in Nigeria? If yes, how did u open a paypal account? A frnd wanted 2 help me open a verified paypal account but warned me dat my fund would be seized if the account was discovered to be 4rm naija.
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by peachie(f): 3:34pm On Jun 12, 2013
I don't reside in naija
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by TrebleChamp(m): 5:34pm On Jun 12, 2013
peachie: I don't reside in naija
Dat explains it then, thenks.
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by DrDre1(m): 3:12am On Jun 14, 2013
@ Peachie
Any update on your order pls?
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by peachie(f): 10:29pm On Jun 14, 2013
I received an e-mail. Delivery is within 7-10 working days (dhl). I ordered on the 8th of this month.. Expected date of delivery between the 18th and 21st June. smiley
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by DrDre1(m): 12:44am On Jun 15, 2013
peachie: I received an e-mail. Delivery is within 7-10 working days (dhl). I ordered on the 8th of this month.. Expected date of delivery between the 18th and 21st June. smiley

Oh ok. Thanks
*adjusts on armchair*
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by TrebleChamp(m): 2:31pm On Jun 25, 2013
@Op Have you taking delivery of the phone? We are still luking 4ward 2 ur review..
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by mrdrizzy(m): 5:49pm On Jun 25, 2013
Oga peachie and dr dre the stuff nvr arrive,we're waiting for review
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by peachie(f): 11:09am On Jun 26, 2013
Update! Update! Update smiley

My Phone will arrive tommorrow, Dhl have confirmed... i had to pay import tax of £10 pounds

I will post a review as soon as i get my hands on it smiley

I must warn anyone ordering from Jiayumobileshop to be aware that it will most definitely take longer that they say to ship your goods. I had to constantly threaten via e-mail on taking legal action when it didn't arrive on said date..Also just because it says it is available online, does not mean it is, for some reason lots of customers who ordered as far back as march are still waiting!!!!!!Just check their comment page on facebook..
This is the only issue though , so be warned.

Ps it seems i have been mistaken for an Oga lol, i am a madam, thanks
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by LordReed(m): 11:58am On Jun 26, 2013
peachie: Update! Update! Update smiley

My Phone will arrive tommorrow, Dhl have confirmed... i had to pay import tax of £10 pounds

I must warn anyone ordering from Jiayumobileshop to be aware that it will most definitely take longer that they say to ship your goods. I had to constantly threaten via e-mail on taking legal action when it didn't arrive on said date..Also just because it says it is available online, does not mean it is, for some reason lots of customers who ordered as far back as march are still waiting!!!!!!Just check their comment page on facebook..

Seems stressful ordering this product and on top pay custom duty. Let us hope it is all worth it because I bought a similar phone with less stress (although the Jiayu has a higher spec camera).
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jun 26, 2013

do ur research properly nxt time ma'am... I ordered the thl w100...got it 2weeks back(exactly 3wEeks)...all sold out even my personal one... Wanna get 6 of d newly arrived black ones...swt device! and d price? Hmmn!
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by DrDre1(m): 2:23pm On Jun 26, 2013
*adjusts on chair*

Such a long wait. Already ran out of popcorn days ago. Glad to hear it's been confimed. I knew u are a 'madam'. Laughed when someone thought otherwise earlier in the thread.

@ Mr. Drizzy

I've been waiting just like u o

Wonder when the G6 will be released. These Jiayu guys do know how to keep someone waiting. They don't seem to know how much a device like the Sony Z Ultra is tempting
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by mrdrizzy(m): 3:55pm On Jun 26, 2013

lol apologies ma'am..well thats the problem one gets when u order directly frm the site itself...i was actually thinking u got it frm those online asia sales site..i guess it myt have been faster and quite cheaper,in some cases worst sef..bt anyway ma'am,dnt forget to give us a sneek peeek of what it looks lik and hw it feels grin
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by mrdrizzy(m): 3:58pm On Jun 26, 2013
Dr. Dre:
*adjusts on chair*

Such a long wait. Already ran out of popcorn days ago. Glad to hear it's been confimed. I knew u are a 'madam'. Laughed when someone thought otherwise earlier in the thread.

@ Mr. Drizzy

I've been waiting just like u o

Wonder when the G6 will be released. These Jiayu guys do know how to keep someone waiting. They don't seem to know how much a device like the Sony Z Ultra is tempting
oga ultra z is gonna be riddiculously cost oh..i havnt really gotten the price tag yet,bt based of its features,thatsone beast of a fone..b4 u look into buy that huge stuff dnt forget xiomi mi-2 or umi x2 or even xolo 1000 are out there...about the mistake in gender lol i no knw sha..bt d peachie name seem unisex to me sha..anyway apologies miss/mrs peachie.
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by mrdrizzy(m): 4:00pm On Jun 26, 2013
beatbug: do ur research properly nxt time ma'am... I ordered the thl w100...got it 2weeks back(exactly 3wEeks)...all sold out even my personal one... Wanna get 6 of d newly arrived black ones...swt device! and d price? Hmmn!
smh u like money sha..abegi hw much u dey sell one..menh hope u add the black one show..cus me no like the white like dat joor..
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 26, 2013
mr.drizzy:
smh u like money sha..abegi hw much u dey sell one..menh hope u add the black one show..cus me no like the white like dat joor..
I jus dah am out for 35-36k... cheesy..white is gals ish..black is mature, although v nt handled it but its more expensive. well,white is for some... Right now I gat 4 new blackbeRy bold5 for dash @ 50k.me generous die..
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by mrdrizzy(m): 4:50pm On Jun 26, 2013
beatbug: I jus dah am out for 35-36k... cheesy..white is gals ish..black is mature, although v nt handled it but its more expensive. well,white is for some... Right now I gat 4 new blackbeRy bold5 for dash @ 50k.me generous die..
hahaha u don high..dash...me dey find the black one ni..bout d bold 5 u gats knw sey guys like we no dey use bb again ni wink
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 26, 2013
mr.drizzy:
hahaha u don high..dash...me dey find the black one ni..bout d bold 5 u gats knw sey guys like we no dey use bb again ni wink
me gat niggas on ground for d android though... Let it com 1st.
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by hancock(m): 5:29pm On Jun 26, 2013
I am making a comparison between jiayu G4 and xiaomi M2S.I am thinking of getting either one of them. don't know why the xiaomi ms2 is ridiculously more expensive grin links
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Presell-Unlocked-JIAYU-G4-MTK6589-Quad-Core-RAM-2GB-ROM-32GB-3G-Android-4-2-Smart/858240843.html
and
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/XIAOMI-M2-M2S-2G-RAM-32G-multi-language-4-3-capacitive-IPS-QUADcore-1-5Ghz-Android4/906970044.html

the jiayu G4 comes with 3000mah battery and dual sim while the xiaomi M2S is 2000mah and single sim shocked
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by LordReed(m): 6:31pm On Jun 26, 2013
hancock: I am making a comparison between jiayu G4 and xiaomi M2S.I am thinking of getting either one of them. don't know why the xiaomi ms2 is ridiculously more expensive grin links
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Presell-Unlocked-JIAYU-G4-MTK6589-Quad-Core-RAM-2GB-ROM-32GB-3G-Android-4-2-Smart/858240843.html
and
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/XIAOMI-M2-M2S-2G-RAM-32G-multi-language-4-3-capacitive-IPS-QUADcore-1-5Ghz-Android4/906970044.html

the jiayu G4 comes with 3000mah battery and dual sim while the xiaomi M2S is 2000mah and single sim shocked

Apparently you didn't read the description of the products. The Jiayu uses a mediatek chipset while the Xiaomi uses a snapdragon chipset. These 2 chipsets are miles apart in cost and performance and will definitely affect the cost of the respective products.
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by hancock(m): 7:19pm On Jun 26, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Apparently you didn't read the description of the products. The Jiayu uses a mediatek chipset while the Xiaomi uses a snapdragon chipset. These 2 chipsets are miles apart in cost and performance and will definitely affect the cost of the respective products.
lol I thought as much
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by bukahands(m): 8:52pm On Jun 26, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Oga ur too knowledgeable been observing u since. The chipset used in huwaei, zte, oppo xiaomi and co are snapdragon and these phones cost far more than jaiyu, thl, zopo and co. I just saw a lennovo phone with intel chip and very high antutu scores
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by LordReed(m): 9:29pm On Jun 26, 2013
bukahands:

Oga ur too knowledgeable been observing u since. The chipset used in huwaei, zte, oppo xiaomi and co are snapdragon and these phones cost far more than jaiyu, thl, zopo and co. I just saw a lennovo phone with intel chip and very high antutu scores

Thanks. Which Lenovo is that?
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by peachie(f): 1:23pm On Jun 27, 2013
smileyIt arrived! smiley

Been playing around with it. I can tell you that this phone is well built, battery is huge! For a damn good reason i know.
Large capacity i read somewhere.
Very very easy to use, even for a non tech pro like me. I just slotted in my sim card and i was good to go. It looks and feels good. The camera is awesome, I'm genuinely impressed for the price i paid..
I think you guys should just check for reviews online for all the tech stuff/specs. Youtube especially. There are also comparisons with the iphone 5 i think on youtube. Sorry, i'm off to play with my toy
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by peachie(f): 1:44pm On Jun 27, 2013
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by hancock(m): 7:06pm On Jun 27, 2013
peachie: smileyIt arrived! smiley

Been playing around with it. I can tell you that this phone is well built, battery is huge! For a damn good reason i know.
Large capacity i read somewhere.
Very very easy to use, even for a non tech pro like me. I just slotted in my sim card and i was good to go. It looks and feels good. The camera is awesome, I'm genuinely impressed for the price i paid..
I think you guys should just check for reviews online for all the tech stuff/specs. Youtube especially. There are also comparisons with the iphone 5 i think on youtube. Sorry, i'm off to play with my toy

I am glad you are enjoying your phone. what's the total cost getting it down to naija?
apparently there is Jiayu G4 Advanced Version MTK6589T 1.5ghz Quad Core Android 4.2 4.7 inch 720P IPS Retina 2G 32GB Gorilla Glass shocked

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Arrival-Jiayu-G4-Advanced-Version-MTK6589-Quad-Core-Android-4-2-4-7-inch-720P/786290909.html
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by mrdrizzy(m): 7:49pm On Jun 27, 2013
bukahands:

Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by mrdrizzy(m): 7:51pm On Jun 27, 2013
bukahands:

yeah the oppo jst have one fone on their list ryt now the find 5 i dnt really think theres anyother one frm oppo yet,and yes the oppo is amazing ,saw d review online and it was jst perfect 459$ for the 32gb own..bt its stock ba3(anoda downside to me)there are zte and huawei products that uses d mtk chipset too.what lenovo is that...the only fones i knw that run on intel chipset i think its the xolo brand..made in india(i guess)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Flash A Number On Airtel With #0 Balance / Airtel BB Subscription Slashed / What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.