Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,879 members, 7,828,128 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Jiayu G4!!!!!! - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Jiayu G4!!!!!! (17400 Views)

How To Flash Lollipop 5.1 On Jiayu S3 / Jiayu F2 4G LTE Specifications / Jiayu F2,S2,S3,G4-G4s,G5-G5s,G6 Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by DrDre1(m): 4:56am On Jun 28, 2013
@ Peachie
Congrats ma'am. Would be expecting to hear updates from u once a while as u discover more about the phone. If it took that kind of 'wahala' to get ur phone in the U.K (apologies if I'm wrong about ur location), I wonder what I'd face if I asked them to ship to Doha. Anyways, congrats once again.

@ Mr. Drizzy
The G6 waiting game is still on (and annoying if I may add) plus they seem to have increased the price to $500. If it's that high when it launches eventualy, I'd probably lose interest. Came across a crazy price for the sony on some site like that. $920 or thereabout. Anyway in the main time, I've ordered a Lumia 820. Don't want to end up with 2 andriod phones.
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by mrdrizzy(m): 7:26am On Jun 28, 2013
Dr. Dre:
@ Peachie
Congrats ma'am. Would be expecting to hear updates from u once a while as u discover more about the phone. If it took that kind of 'wahala' to get ur phone in the U.K (apologies if I'm wrong about ur location), I wonder what I'd face if I asked them to ship to Doha. Anyways, congrats once again.

@ Mr. Drizzy
The G6 waiting game is still on (and annoying if I may add) plus they seem to have increased the price to $500. If it's that high when it launches eventualy, I'd probably lose interest. Came across a crazy price for the sony on some site like that. $920 or thereabout. Anyway in the main time, I've ordered a Lumia 820. Don't want to end up with 2 andriod phones.
ordered lumia frm where?.lol g6 i think i'lld rather stick 2 g4 or umi x2
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by DrDre1(m): 5:42pm On Jun 28, 2013
mr.drizzy:
ordered lumia frm where?.lol g6 i think i'lld rather stick 2 g4 or umi x2

From ebay lol. The G6 without 4G & NFC will be too ridiculous at that kind of price. G4 advanced version be a good buy but then the S1 with the snapdragon processor is also tempting. It's torturing how I keep looking at many options lol
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by mrdrizzy(m): 8:33pm On Jun 28, 2013
Dr. Dre:

From ebay lol. The G6 without 4G & NFC will be too ridiculous at that kind of price. G4 advanced version be a good buy but then the S1 with the snapdragon processor is also tempting. It's torturing how I keep looking at many options lol
ebay? U too no dey naija.or u using other means?
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by DrDre1(m): 10:23am On Jun 29, 2013
mr.drizzy:
ebay? U too no dey naija.or u using other means?

Yes sir...check my last reply to Madam Peachie. Even then, I couldn't do it from here 'cos I got it from ebay America wink
By the way, have you checked the specs of the S1. It's got everything...from MHL to NFC to gorilla glass, FHD, etc. Only thing I think it may miss is the 4G capacity but my Lumia 820 will cover for that lol. Besides, variety is the spice of life cheesy grin cheesy

@ Peachie
Please help me beg Jiayu to end this waiting game o! embarassed
You've disappeared ever since your phone arrived. I'm guessing it's a case of '...and they lived happily ever after' grin
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by LordReed(m): 10:46am On Jun 29, 2013
Dr. Dre:

Yes sir...check my last reply to Madam Peachie. Even then, I couldn't do it from here 'cos I got it from ebay America wink
By the way, have you checked the specs of the S1. It's got everything...from MHL to NFC to gorilla glass, FHD, etc. Only thing I think it may miss is the 4G capacity but my Lumia 820 will cover for that lol. Besides, variety is the spice of life cheesy grin cheesy

@ Peachie
You've disappeared ever since your phone arrived. I'm guessing it's a case of '...and they lived happily ever after' grin

With the S1 using the same chipset as the Xperia Z don't expect it to be cheap. My guess is north of $500.
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by DrDre1(m): 1:04pm On Jun 29, 2013
@ Lord Reed
I get ur point sir but it's possible they peg the price at $500 or even lower. The reason is that big names like Song, Samsung, etc spend a lot on R & D, IMC amongst other capital intensive plans so they have a higher cost of production to recoup back plus as much profit they can grab. Smaller industry players have lesser figures to worry about hence the price margin.
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by mrdrizzy(m): 4:26pm On Jun 29, 2013
Dr. Dre:

@ Peachie
lol.ohk yeah i dnt knw why all dis dude just stock their fone to 3g nawao...hspda+ and 4g dey na..anyway yeah that s1 seems to have everything and very strong .2gb ram also seem nice bt there have been some issues bout the compatibility of d ram on mediatek,thats some guys review sha..most ppl say the 2gb ram will be good when slim lime comes.. Oh and i heard jelly bean update+ 4.3 is out..dnt knw for sure yet..oh the lumia 820 arrived already?. Also wonna get that fone too to upgrade a little frm my lumia 520 and the 4g myt come in handy..still having little issues with ordering frm ebay nd amazon
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by mrdrizzy(m): 4:28pm On Jun 29, 2013
Lord_Reed:

With the S1 using the same chipset as the Xperia Z don't expect it to be cheap. My guess is north of $500.
d same..wow thats nice still waiting for zopo to join d snapdragon family wink
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by DrDre1(m): 5:39pm On Jun 29, 2013
@ Mr. Drizzy
That's some good news. I just hope they won't have released andriod version 8.0 by the time these Jiayu people release the S1. I can live with the specs really & I'm sure the price won't be cut-throat. I hope they won't have issues with the RAM on it. I can play safe by waiting 1 to 2 months after the launch before I make my order lol. Glad to hear you've got a Windows phone. I hope you will be able to give some pointers on how I'd enjoy it. The phone already arrived at my cousin's. Couldn't ship out to me yesterday 'cos of the weekend so by next week I should get it. Looking forward to it.

I hope we haven't hijacked or derailed the thread o
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by LordReed(m): 9:56pm On Jun 29, 2013
Ok yeah just checked the price of the Oppo Find5 that uses the same chipset and it's $460 in India that's about 74k in naira not exactly cheap.
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by DrDre1(m): 10:33pm On Jun 29, 2013
Lord_Reed: Ok yeah just checked the price of the Oppo Find5 that uses the same chipset and it's $460 in India that's about 74k in naira not exactly cheap.

I get your drift sir but I'm hoping Jiayu will launch it with a slightly lower price at least. If it's that expensive or higher, I may just wait out till it drops or snoop around for a dissatisfied owner putting it up for sale lol
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by mrdrizzy(m): 11:20pm On Jun 29, 2013
Lord_Reed: Ok yeah just checked the price of the Oppo Find5 that uses the same chipset and it's $460 in India that's about 74k in naira not exactly cheap.
hmm what do u mean by the same chipset..oppo na snapdragon 600 i think...same as htc one sef..it gotta be cost
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by LordReed(m): 10:02am On Jun 30, 2013
mr.drizzy:
hmm what do u mean by the same chipset..oppo na snapdragon 600 i think...same as htc one sef..it gotta be cost

No the Find5 doesn't use the snapdragon 600, its the snapdragon S4 it uses.

Me sef don dey confuse whether to get the Samsung Galaxy S4/Note 3 or this Jiayu or the Xperia Z Ultra.
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by DrDre1(m): 10:42am On Jun 30, 2013
Lord_Reed:

No the Find5 doesn't use the snapdragon 600, its the snapdragon S4 it uses.

Me sef don dey confuse whether to get the Samsung Galaxy S4/Note 3 or this Jiayu or the Xperia Z Ultra.

Confusion galore. Thought I was the only one having this sort of issue. That Ultra is too tempting. S4 is quite annoying in terms of the finishing (the plastic back cover specifically) which makes feel so cheap. I may just sell the one I may get later next year. G6, Ultra & S1 are my options as of now though.
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by mrdrizzy(m): 11:43am On Jun 30, 2013
Dr. Dre:

Confusion galore. Thought I was the only one having this sort of issue. That Ultra is too tempting. S4 is quite annoying in terms of the finishing (the plastic back cover specifically) which makes feel so cheap. I may just sell the one I may get later next year. G6, Ultra & S1 are my options as of now though.
hmm na ina knw oh.cnt go beyond my budget oh...why i go buy s4 for 109k na investment,or ultra dat is 124k..abeg try calling something abit mild,s1,xiomi mi-2,nexus 4 or one of those lenovo snapdragon fones(nt certain yet).if i need 4g i just move over to windows (820).
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by DrDre1(m): 12:25pm On Jun 30, 2013
mr.drizzy:
hmm na ina knw oh.cnt go beyond my budget oh...why i go buy s4 for 109k na investment,or ultra dat is 124k..abeg try calling something abit mild,s1,xiomi mi-2,nexus 4 or one of those lenovo snapdragon fones(nt certain yet).if i need 4g i just move over to windows (820).

Hahahaha...you are completely right with your financial views. Couldn't agree more. I personally try to find the cheapest way of getting these devices 'cos you spend so much on something and the silly companies just launch a 'newer' version after 3 months angry . There is a very high possibility I'd end up with the S1. Hopefully they will launch it soon. I'm quite won over with the specs. The processor it carries made me change my mind on the G6 which touts just 'the biggest battery ever in a phone'. A Lumia 820 + Jiayu S1 isn't a bad combo by any standards.

Seriously, where is Peachie? This Jiayu G4 must be very nice o
Jiayu please release the S1 already angry
I want to disappear like Peachie too! cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by mrdrizzy(m): 1:16pm On Jun 30, 2013
Dr. Dre:

Hahahaha...you are completely right with your financial views. Couldn't agree more. I personally try to find the cheapest way of getting these devices 'cos you spend so much on something and the silly companies just launch a 'newer' version after 3 months angry . There is a very high possibility I'd end up with the S1. Hopefully they will launch it soon. I'm quite won over with the specs. The processor it carries made me change my mind on the G6 which touts just 'the biggest battery ever in a phone'. A Lumia 820 + Jiayu S1 isn't a bad combo by any standards.

Seriously, where is Peachie? This Jiayu G4 must be very nice o
Jiayu please release the S1 already angry
I want to disappear like Peachie too! cheesy grin
hmmm lets nt be too carried out by d ba3 their estimation may nt be ryt,they always like attracting attention and nt giving d actuall ba3..the fone myt still be like d normal smartfone ba3
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by DrDre1(m): 2:37pm On Jun 30, 2013
mr.drizzy:
hmmm lets nt be too carried out by d ba3 their estimation may nt be ryt,they always like attracting attention and nt giving d actuall ba3..the fone myt still be like d normal smartfone ba3

That's true but the Jiayu batteries seem to perform quite well as they claim. I've read quite a few reviews by users. Would be nice if Madam Peachie can also give us an update on the battery performance too. The G6 is said to have a 5000mAh battery. That plus the size and MediaTek Turbo processor were what attracted me in the first place before I took a closer look at the S1. How has your experience with the 520 been?
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by LordReed(m): 3:39pm On Jun 30, 2013
Wow G6 is nice especially at less than $300. A few sites seem to have it.
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by DrDre1(m): 4:45pm On Jun 30, 2013
Lord_Reed: Wow G6 is nice especially at less than $300. A few sites seem to have it.
You see it's a very tempting piece if the price hovers around the $300 region. Save for NFC, 4G & the processor; it may turn out to be a steal. From a video I saw, I'm quite sure of quite a good build quality.
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by s3nn2x(m): 8:50pm On Jul 04, 2013
I have waited for Peachie's review, but it seems like she has forgotten that such a thread ever existed.

Anyways, after doing a lot of research online, I have decided to get one of these phones-Zopo C2/ZP 980 or Jaiyu G4.

My first choice is actually Zopo, but it seems like the G4 is more highly rated.

Now guys, which one do you advise me to get!
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by LordReed(m): 9:28pm On Jul 04, 2013
s3nn2x: I have waited for Peachie's review, but it seems like she has forgotten that such a thread ever existed.

Anyways, after doing a lot of research online, I have decided to get one of these phones-Zopo C2/ZP 980 or Jaiyu G4.

My first choice is actually Zopo, but it seems like the G4 is more highly rated.

Hmmm I don't know about you but I love big screens so I'd go for the Zopo. Both are the same spec the screen being the only difference.
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by s3nn2x(m): 12:49am On Jul 05, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Hmmm I don't know about you but I love big screens so I'd go for the Zopo. Both are the same spec the screen being the only difference.
There are some differences, Zopo comes with FHD screen, 16GB room(my choice), PPI of 441 or so etc...but the other specs are the same.
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by LordReed(m): 6:31am On Jul 05, 2013
s3nn2x: There are some differences, Zopo comes with FHD screen, 16GB room(my choice), PPI of 441 or so etc...but the other specs are the same.

All that seems to make it a better choice. What are you waiting for?
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by mrdrizzy(m): 8:04am On Jul 05, 2013
s3nn2x: I have waited for Peachie's review, but it seems like she has forgotten that such a thread ever existed.

i dnt knw,bt actually i will always choose zopo c2 over g4 anytime.the jiayu design is amazingly cute..comes with yamaha beats..seemless glassy top..as smooth as anything..lols enough with d structure,zopo has online support alot,asin alot..theres actually a site online dedicated for complaints,review and so on..it runs 2 os,aliyun 2.0(anoda upcoming os in asia) and android 4.2.1.(not exactly d same time bt it could be added if u want).its also one of the top best selling fone in asia ryt nw.and frm review on roadtonexus dot com it comes with ota and update,says it came exactly when he on d fone sef...the only let down is ba3,bt 10hrs usage isnt as bad as it seem,the g4 has a powerful ba3(its riddiuclously huge)..bt the design is nt even close to slim(my take though),and it has a 2gb ram which seem quite nice..both are actually good its just choice...
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by s3nn2x(m): 2:14pm On Jul 05, 2013
@LordReed the thing keeping me is money. But when I get the sum I am expecting, I will immediately order for it.

@Mr. Drizzy I have always respected your opinion. I remember when I created a thread asking for advise on the phone to get for a particular price range, and you gave me a nice option.
Anyway, you are right about the online support, I know there is a zopomobileforum or something like that. I just hope that when I finally get the phone (maybe I will give her a name like fellow nairalanders) you guys will put me through on how to make the device rock
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by biz2get(m): 3:39pm On Jul 05, 2013
Lol I just went true this thread cheesy

But wait oh, have you guys seen the specs on gionee e3 n e6 :O Yuu will get blown away grin
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by mrdrizzy(m): 4:44pm On Jul 05, 2013
s3nn2x: @LordReed the thing keeping me is money. But when I get the sum I am expecting, I will immediately order for it.

@Mr. Drizzy I have always respected your opinion. I remember when I created a thread asking for advise on the phone to get for a particular price range, and you gave me a nice option.
Anyway, you are right about the online support, I know there is a zopomobileforum or something like that. I just hope that when I finally get the phone (maybe I will give her a name like fellow nairalanders) you guys will put me through on how to make the device rock
lols yes boss..a frnd of mine actually wanted to make a transaction to aliexpress for this device with gtb card last 3days..turns out he was declined..he became so furious and just went over to get the gionee elite 3..sold @ 37 overall ...nawa i dnt knw whats going on..seems dey also want to cut us offf frm online transaction too lols
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by hancock(m): 10:29pm On Jul 05, 2013
Dr. Dre:
@ Peachie

@ Mr. Drizzy
just like you I have ordered for nokia lumia 920. I cant play the waiting game anymore. hopefully towards the end of the year these phones will readily be available cool
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by DrDre1(m): 12:28am On Jul 06, 2013
hancock:
just like you I have ordered for nokia lumia 920. I cant play the waiting game anymore. hopefully towards the end of the year these phones will readily be available cool
That's great! Congrats. Good to know we are on the same boat. The waiting game is really killing I tell you. The 920 is quite a 'machine' but the weight & limited memory (especialy) made me pick the 820 instead. By the end of the year, I'm sure they would put out specs of phones in development that would keep people waiting again. Gosh! What a wicked cycle! Lol
Re: Jiayu G4!!!!!! by fiscalcliff: 1:32pm On Jul 06, 2013
biz2get: Lol I just went true this thread cheesy

But wait oh, have you guys seen the specs on gionee e3 n e6 :O Yuu will get blown away grin
The E3 waters down the specs with its 1800 mAH ba3
The E6 which is yet to ship has very respectable specs but I wudda loved to see a higher capacity ba3 than the 2000+ its said to come with
Except they have exceptional ba3 life management which Jiayu are renowned for

Yep the G4 seems more bang for your buck esp the 2G ram version
Though you could go for the Zopo C2 and flash a JB ROM over the default Aliyun OS if you are short cash wise
Personally I'd go for the G4 only that its specs is almost at par with my current phone i.e. an Optimus 4x HD (yeah its got 2gb ram and gorilla glass 2 but lacks NFC which mine has)
Also I'm looking for a phablet which G4 isn't
Zopo 950 fits that bill but with no Gorrilla glass, 4G ,NFC it doesn't sway me like say LG's G2,Sony's Ultra Z
However seeing their $700 northwards pricing for JUST A PHONE (smart or not),my wallet is super glued against such expenses for now grin
One might actually have to wait till next year's first quarter for prices of an LG( especially),plasticky Samsung undecided, Sony to drop to more reasonable levels or the likes of Zopo ,Jiayu and 'em other Chinese to up their game with the newer technology I mentioned earlier before my wallet`s super glue wears off

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Airtel BB Subscription Slashed / Ways Your Smartphone Is Violating Your Privacy / What Are The Prons And Cons Of Non-removable Smartphones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.