Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,414 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

8 Friends You Need To Say Goodbye To! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 8 Friends You Need To Say Goodbye To! (26323 Views)

Kenyan Girl Has This To Say About Nigerian Guys / Hi Girl Friends! You Berra Work On This Few Things Now Before Your Boo Dump You. / How To Say Goodbye To The Person You Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Friends You Need To Say Goodbye To! by Stegomiah: 12:20pm On Jun 06, 2013
8 Friends You Need To Say Goodbye To!

They say you should hang on to your friends for life. But some, you need to ditch pronto.

1. The contender
He worked hard to get better grades than you in school, tried to win all the girls' attention, compared notes on who took the better holiday, and is now comparing your kid with his. Why are you still friends? Healthy competition between friends keeps both parties motivated. But if the camaraderie is about outdoing each other, your friend is your biggest competitor. So, tell him, ciao.

2. The MIA friend
She missed wishing you on your birthday, failed to turn up when you lost your grand mum. She is almost always busy when you call, and replies to text messages after a week, When you do make plans, she cancels last minute. Let this friend go. Face it; she does not respect your place in her life.

3. The commitment phobe
You've become his 'run to' person, yet he won't pop the question. Like it or not, this person is just not that into you. Pursuing a relationship with someone who is taking it nowhere can result in damaged self-esteem. Better save your time and energy for someone who wants to be with you.

4. The smarty pants
Nothing is good enough for her. No matter how hard you try, she nitpicks - about your clothes, hair, car, dog's breed. True friends don't do that. Remember, when you allow someone to make you feel like rubbish about yourself, you lend more power to their burgeoning ego. Ask yourself, what does this do to yours? It leaves you insecure.

5. The sulk pot
It is all about their misery. And if you don't give them a patient ear, they take off on a guilt trip. Take a break from this blundering person. Human beings feed of each other's energies. If you're constantly in their company, chances are, you too will turn into one.

6. The social-networkers
Social networking is great for networking. Keep it at that. If you're spending more time with your virtual buddies than real friends, you've got a problem on hand. You need to get off Facebook and start meeting friends face-to-face. Your handful of true friends will be there for you. The 1000-odd Facebook buddies may unfollow you anytime.

7. The office spouse
Either you or he is hitched. Yet, that doesn't stop you from indulging in some harmless flirtatious banter. But you need to set boundaries if you wish to preserve your sanity. It's best to nip it in the bud, before things go out of hand. Steer clear from this temptation if you don't want to end up losing your job and friend.

8. The gossip girl
No point pretending to be someone who doesn't care about what's happening at the workplace. It's okay to take a break and indulge in some tittle-tattle with the gossip monger. But is this little birdie tweeting at your desk way too often? You don't want your boss overhearing a back-biting session, do you? It might generate unnecessary suspicion and ill will. Why go there?

7 Likes

Re: 8 Friends You Need To Say Goodbye To! by MrCork: 12:25pm On Jun 06, 2013
angry

2 Likes

Re: 8 Friends You Need To Say Goodbye To! by Stegomiah: 1:22pm On Jun 06, 2013
-Mr Cork-:
angry

Guilty conscience!
Re: 8 Friends You Need To Say Goodbye To! by zumarock8(m): 4:00pm On Jun 06, 2013
why am i even bookin this space,.
MODs pls hide this comment grin
is play i am.oo

3 Likes

Re: 8 Friends You Need To Say Goodbye To! by bobthebuilder99(m): 4:01pm On Jun 06, 2013
What should I do?

I only have 7 friends. cry

1 Like

Re: 8 Friends You Need To Say Goodbye To! by curiouslad(m): 4:01pm On Jun 06, 2013
Have no friends at all!
~Best policy

3 Likes

Re: 8 Friends You Need To Say Goodbye To! by israel007: 4:04pm On Jun 06, 2013
Lmao
Re: 8 Friends You Need To Say Goodbye To! by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 06, 2013
[quote author=Stegomiah]

Guilty conscience![/quote

grin grin grin
Re: 8 Friends You Need To Say Goodbye To! by dulphines: 4:06pm On Jun 06, 2013
Okay!

1 Like

Re: 8 Friends You Need To Say Goodbye To! by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 06, 2013
Ok
Re: 8 Friends You Need To Say Goodbye To! by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 06, 2013
i will try not to comment here for any reason wat so ever
Re: 8 Friends You Need To Say Goodbye To! by fpeter(f): 4:09pm On Jun 06, 2013
LOL@ #8 grin
Re: 8 Friends You Need To Say Goodbye To! by fitzmayowa: 4:09pm On Jun 06, 2013
Hmmmmm

1 Like

Re: 8 Friends You Need To Say Goodbye To! by braxjay(m): 4:10pm On Jun 06, 2013
i dig the number 6 (social network-er)

1 Like

Re: 8 Friends You Need To Say Goodbye To! by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jun 06, 2013
All i see is bullshit. Nobody is perfect you know.
Re: 8 Friends You Need To Say Goodbye To! by oyinglory(f): 4:13pm On Jun 06, 2013
Okies
Re: 8 Friends You Need To Say Goodbye To! by Afrocatalyst: 4:14pm On Jun 06, 2013
---
Re: 8 Friends You Need To Say Goodbye To! by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jun 06, 2013
Friendship is not by FORCE but by CHOICE..
Choose Friends wisely, And let d gud ones choose you..
I gat few friends n am OK wit dem..
nice one @op
Re: 8 Friends You Need To Say Goodbye To! by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 06, 2013
cool.
Re: 8 Friends You Need To Say Goodbye To! by Kk4(m): 4:16pm On Jun 06, 2013
If everybody says bye to these categories of friends, Biko how many friends go remain? Sometimes you just have to overlook your friends BS because real friends are hard to come by this days..
Re: 8 Friends You Need To Say Goodbye To! by Rick9(m): 4:18pm On Jun 06, 2013
Wise Men dont keep too many friends...

3 Likes

Re: 8 Friends You Need To Say Goodbye To! by shevon: 4:18pm On Jun 06, 2013
My office girlfriend later became my backbone and we ended up married.
Abeg, the office GF thing depends on the people involved and what you want out of it.

1 Like

Re: 8 Friends You Need To Say Goodbye To! by Fizboy(m): 4:21pm On Jun 06, 2013
nice 1 op ...number 1 2 3 5 nd 4 are all displayed by a frd of mine nd am about to tell him bye bye*winks*
Re: 8 Friends You Need To Say Goodbye To! by GentleNaaz(m): 4:21pm On Jun 06, 2013
9. D kilewiii; ds frnd is always happy 2 does better dan u in evrytn. He/she is nt hpy wn u suceed above hm/her. Quit ds kinda frndshp
Re: 8 Friends You Need To Say Goodbye To! by Desdola(m): 4:22pm On Jun 06, 2013
Sorry to say but this piece isn't logical at all. people make friends for different reasons n not just 4 the seriousness of it.
Re: 8 Friends You Need To Say Goodbye To! by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 06, 2013
bobthebuilder99: What should I do?

I only have 7 friends. cry

grin get serious grin
Re: 8 Friends You Need To Say Goodbye To! by ejifranks(m): 4:26pm On Jun 06, 2013
No 6 No 6 No 6 Numberrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr 6
Re: 8 Friends You Need To Say Goodbye To! by misgold: 4:28pm On Jun 06, 2013
less friends less problem

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Witches Are Everywhere! / South African Lady Broke Up With Her Man For Always Buying Her What She Needs. / How Do You Know He Or She Is The Right Person For You To Marry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.