Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,817 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

Accident At Ajayi Far, Ikeja Along - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Accident At Ajayi Far, Ikeja Along (19867 Views)

An Hit And Run At Ikeja Along (Images Inside) / Trailer Accident At Upper Iweka, Onitsha, Anambra State? / Accident At Sangotedo, Ajah In Lagos This Afternoon (viewers Discretion Advised) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Accident At Ajayi Far, Ikeja Along by 3ace(m): 9:16pm On Jun 06, 2013
This is why I don't board bikes again. Apart from the high risk of exposure to injuries, your life can also be jeopardized by the recklessness of these riders caused by them trying to evade arrest. So, if you value your life, stop patronising them. This law has come to stay.
Re: Accident At Ajayi Far, Ikeja Along by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jun 06, 2013
THE HOLD UP REACHED G.R.A. Ikeja
Omo it was Hellish.
Parked the car and trekked back home
Re: Accident At Ajayi Far, Ikeja Along by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jun 06, 2013
Re: Accident At Ajayi Far, Ikeja Along by Desloaaa(f): 9:26pm On Jun 06, 2013
9ja policemen have finally left armed robbers.,their newest prey now na okadamen.uhmmm,No wonder an average policeman owns a motorcycle now.KILODE?.
Re: Accident At Ajayi Far, Ikeja Along by eleven(m): 9:27pm On Jun 06, 2013
Ilaje44: Look at everybody blaming olopa and olokada while leaving out the Major culprit in this case. The truck Driver who did not secure his haulage bears the brunt of this catastrophy. If the haulage was secured, this wouldn't have happened even if he has to brake suddenly as it happened. There is just too many cases of haulage/Containers falling off a truck in Nigeria. In countries with 1000000times more haulage, this rubbish rarely happen, because a situation like this is always anticipated in vehicular traffic. The government should enforce proper security of haulage in Nigeria. This is an unnecessary accident irrespective of Okada or the Police chasing it. And the Major Person to blame is the truck Driver and the haulage Company.

Abo oro temi re.

Your point makes a lot of sense. The simple solution to containers falling on the highway is to hold the terminal manager and safety manager of the loading site responsible for every fallen container accident and charge him/her for manslaughter. Once that is done, the problem will reduce to the barest minimum. RIP to the deceased.
Re: Accident At Ajayi Far, Ikeja Along by abdul123(m): 9:54pm On Jun 06, 2013
Heard that slot limited manager lost his life due to this accident, that's the information going around in computer village !
Re: Accident At Ajayi Far, Ikeja Along by kajoula(m): 9:58pm On Jun 06, 2013
it will be a better option if the stuff had fallen on the police patrol van lipsrsealed than effecting innocent souls cool
Re: Accident At Ajayi Far, Ikeja Along by nwa4me(f): 10:38pm On Jun 06, 2013
So painful,God help us in JNA
Re: Accident At Ajayi Far, Ikeja Along by nwa4me(f): 10:49pm On Jun 06, 2013
Pls my NLDERS i want to post a topic buh don't no hw to go about dat.pls can somebody kindly put me through.tanks n gudevening all
Re: Accident At Ajayi Far, Ikeja Along by kalufelix(m): 6:17am On Jun 07, 2013
icebeatz: THE HOLD UP REACHED G.R.A. Ikeja
Omo it was Hellish.
Parked the car and trekked back home
sumtin wey even extend reach mushin..
Me trek to ikeja 4rm oshodi
Re: Accident At Ajayi Far, Ikeja Along by topeorekoy(m): 8:07am On Jun 07, 2013
Re: Accident At Ajayi Far, Ikeja Along by obicaleb: 9:19am On Jun 07, 2013
just one of the consequences of FASHOLIZING Lagos
Re: Accident At Ajayi Far, Ikeja Along by jpphilips(m): 10:00am On Jun 10, 2013
Ilaje44: Look at everybody blaming olopa and olokada while leaving out the Major culprit in this case. The truck Driver who did not secure his haulage bears the brunt of this catastrophy. If the haulage was secured, this wouldn't have happened even if he has to brake suddenly as it happened. There is just too many cases of haulage/Containers falling off a truck in Nigeria. In countries with 1000000times more haulage, this rubbish rarely happen, because a situation like this is always anticipated in vehicular traffic. The government should enforce proper security of haulage in Nigeria. This is an unnecessary accident irrespective of Okada or the Police chasing it. And the Major Person to blame is the truck Driver and the haulage Company.

Abo oro temi re.

Exactly my thought, the silly road safety guys don't even check that stuff, the other day one of them was busy asking me the expiry day on my fire extinguisher, while at it, an unstrapped truck driver just waved them, threw out 200 naira and passed, i just returned to the car and zoomed off.
Re: Accident At Ajayi Far, Ikeja Along by y2kplus: 8:24pm On Sep 04, 2013
Police:
Our Police Officer drivers have no driving skill. They need to be trained on advanced driving techniques. Our Nigerian Police just drive..and drive....and drive... in a completely unprofessional manner. When you look at our Police vehicles, that explains it all. In other western countries, they carry out tactical driving. By this, they assess the situation and that determines whether they ask for assistance ahead. I have witnessed these officers driving against the traffic without due regard. generally this is to show power and not that they are pursuing miscreants. Training is the answer in my view. Question: If they have caught up with the okada man, what would have happened?
Road safety:
I have observed many trailers loaded with containers that are not secured to the trailer chassis. There are usually some slots through which the containers are recessed into after which it is locked from under. If this was in place, the container might not have rolled off in anyway. These are what you'd expect our traffic officers to do. But they have other anti social thoughts in their mind.
The driver of this trailer should be sanctioned for manslaughter. Our Police should start living in the 21st century.
Re: Accident At Ajayi Far, Ikeja Along by ACHAS: 1:36pm On Sep 05, 2013
nawaoooooooooooooo may God help us

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mama Ekundayo, Nigeria’s Angel Of Mercy & Compassion / My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning / Three Great People You Would Like To Meet.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.