Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (6561 Views)

His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House / No Privacy In My Own House (2) / Is It Proper For A Woman To Build Her Own House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by slimyem: 12:45pm On Jun 07, 2013
jennykadry: Honestly I will correct his brain by slamming the door on his forehead.
cheesycheesy
Re: . by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jun 07, 2013
Firstimer: My hubby's imm younger bro lives wit him. Smtyms he sleeps in his own room or wit my hubby.
Now i n hubby married in april.
His brother wil jus open our room, enta without knockin n takes wat he pleases.
I find dis disrespectful. Even doh he's much much older dan i am. But i xpect dat he givs me or our marriage dat respect.
If i and my hubby ar in d room he bangs at d door if lockd or entas freely if not.
I even had 2 move most of those tins he coms in 2 tak outside d room. But he'l always find smtin.(he washes my hubby clothes. So he picks dem wen he likes, iron n returns dem)
If i wash my undies n dry in our bathrm, he sees dem n am embarrased. I cant dres half naked in my own room. Av complained 2 my hubby. He sed he'l handle it in a way dat no nerves wil b frayed since d guy is jus so used 2 comin 2 d room.
Am tryin my best 2 kip my anger within.
Pls advice me on wat 2 do.

Nne ,it is time to toughen up
Let me tell you a little secret about this marriage sumtin as per veteran of that institution cheesy
My mother says to marry is 100% love but to stay in marriage and be happy is 100% commonsense
You need the commonsense now
Do all you can to have your husband on your side
Once he is on your side,everything else is simple.

This is just barely 2 months after marriage,you shouldn't be dealing with this.your brother in law shouldn't even be there with you at this early stage of marriage.
It is not healthy.you need time to build your home and he should not be there with you.Simple.
But since his brother doesn't mind,you shouldn't make a fuss about it but he must abide by your rules.
And this is the time to set those rules wisely.

People have asked you to talk to him but I will advise you to give your husband one more chance to handle it brother to brother
Tell your husband to call his brother to order immediately
You don't want him coming to your bedroom unless it is a dying emergency as in heart attack or poisonous snake bite
Period!

Your sanctuary aka bedroom is off limits to him
Anything he needs to tell you or your hubby,he can wait till you are out of the room
Pick a good timing for this discussion with your hubby,preferably after a mind blowing Se.x lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

If you don't have space where the laundry can be kept for him without it looking out of place,note his laundry days and bring out the basket to the hallways on the days so he can get them there and your husband should tell him to put the clean folded laundry back in that basket.

A man barging into your bedroom because you are his brother's wife is a sign of disrespect for you because he sees you as the guest in the home
But I advice you to let your husband do the talking and don't be around the vicinity while this discussion is going on.

The second thing you should do is this
I don't know how familiar you are with this brother,do you sit and talk and crack jokes etc,you may have to curtail that over familiarity
Don't be rude to him but keep a little distance.It works.

If you have done all I advised,and your husband still refuses to say anything to his brother or the eediot continues in his ways ,go to plan B
That plan is this
Buy a sexy nightgown or two if you don't have one
And stay in your bedroom wearing it at those times you are with hubby and he is likely to barge in
As soon as the door flings open,let out a blood curling scream and look for something to cover your unclothedness with while you burst into crocodile tears
Trust me,your husband will throw his brother out of the house for good
You are a woman
We are all blessed with hollywood and nollywood skills
Use it here
wink cheesy

8 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jun 07, 2013
slimyem: cheesycheesy

People that just got married in April and need all the privacy they can get.even after years of marriage I still need privacy in the bedroom how much more when we were newly weds? Even the BIL should not be living with them not in these early stage. Privacy extends to the bedroom, sitting room, kitchen sink, on the floor etc. this is the honeymoon stage for goodness sakes, this BIL is trying to poor sand inside someone's garri.

Let me not catch one of her inlaws on nairaland complaining that she(OP) cannot conceive. angry angry how will she conceive, when she is living in a cathedral (with the pope going and out as he wants )instead of a home.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jun 07, 2013
chaircover: LOL baby grin. My husbands clothes need to be supervised by me. Washing machine, washerman, handwash anything. The poster herself mentioned that the clothes washing could be one of the reasons why BIL thinks that he owns the world. Remove the oxygen and the fire dies out. If its too much work for her to do personally they should invest in a washing machine or employ a washerman. In short She should be in control of her husbands outfits.

We are all in support that couples should have their privacy so eventually when this man goes, who will wash his clothes. . . .still down to the wife at the end of the day.

Maybe Im du la ley but I take great pride in my husbands appearance, picking out his clothes, sewing Naija outfits for him and so on and when ironing became a chore I got someone to iron our clothes. Its all still under my domain and supervision. Most of his native wears I wash by hand. If he is there, he joins me in the bathroom if not I do it myself. Sometimes he washes them himself too. So even though I live in England I still hand wash because its not everything that you can put in the washing machine.

If I were a man,I would marry you no matter the bride price
Or snatch you sef
When we were newly married and in the early years,my husband took his,mine and children's clothes to the laudromat every blessed Saturday.
Na me born the pikins
Na me dey breasfeed them every 20 minutes
Na me dey cook and clean
Na me dey do 90% of the babysitting
If I had to wash all the clothes too,I for carry my load run away
He happily did laundry, and vacuuming for a good while and I never stopped him for one day grin grin
If he had breas.t.tmilk,I would have gladly asked him to do my own share

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jun 07, 2013
jennykadry: Honestly I will correct his brain by slamming the door on his forehead.

Lmao, I'm all for this technique. That guy's brain cells definitely need reshuffling. grin grin What stupidity!
Re: . by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jun 07, 2013
*jotting down points from Babyosisi and jennykadry* cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 07, 2013
nikkykay:
Thank you.
Wot does she feel like when d BIL is doing d washing? Madam
When the BIL enters d room uninvited? He feels like a king
Do u know maybe the BIL has complained to his wife about ds washing of clothes and husby is still trying to discuss ds with the wife? Maybe that's y ur husband is not taking d issue serious.
Poster, please get a washer if u cant afford a washing machine now to do d washing for you.
I dont know if u r working or not and i dnt care about ur tribe as well
But from where i come from, it is a sign of disrespect for your BIL dat is older dat you even if its just a day older, to be running errands in his brother's house when dre is a legal wife. U even confirmed dat he is older dan u! so what happens to RESPECT? Am sure they tot u @ home to also respect ur elders d same way they tot u to respect pple's privacy.
If d guy is ur house help, dats a diff case but ur BIL is a No-No thing to do.
You are a new bride to dont create unnecessary enmity for urself at this early stage of ur marriage. Dnt let him report you to the family and u shld know some will back him if not majority.
That guy is not happy with you so you have to be careful d way you approach him.
He is ready to burst if u dnt handle d situation with caution.
You assume dat he is not living in dat house. Begin to do wot he's doing.
Treat him with respect and he will respect you!
Take care and wish you d best
I think you are doing somethings he is not comfortable with and he is looking for a way to hurt you.

Absolute rubbish!

1 Like

Re: . by Pataki: 1:44pm On Jun 07, 2013
I truly have my doubts as to whether this is a brother-in-law, or better still an authentic houseboy.

I am gobsmacked by what I have read from the OP. If truly the brother-in-law is older than the wife, I suspect he must be having serious mental challenges. This is an issue the wife should address with her husband.
Re: . by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jun 07, 2013
Firstimer:
It realy pisses me off y he shudnt undastand dat his bro is married now. I mean i dnt enta his room in his absence or witout knockin. In my house, we wer tot 2 respect ppls privacy.
For instance, Wen i n my hubby ar tryin 2b intimate at nite or early in d morning, he bangs on d door(smtyms askin unecesary questions) n it jus puts me off d mood.
Rly dnt no ow long am goin 2 endure dis

Chineke mee
I didn't see this part
You are a nice woman o

And what did your husband do
Even a crying day old infant can make a risen manhood fall talk less of an angry bang on the door like armed robbers
I am shocked your husband is allowing this to continue
This BIL knows exactly what his aim is,you know,we all know,why is your husband allowing his brother do this?

Still follow the plan A I advised and if this continues you may have to throw in a little area girl if this scenario continues
When he knocks here ,you call out his name from the bed like so

E he brother Hyacinth
Do you want to come and join us on the bed
Oya come in let me shift for you

Your hubby will try to pacify you in low tones you must refuse to be pacified

You continue with voice rising higher

No darling leave me alone,enough is enough
Let me go and open door for him let him come
Then you get up with wrapper across your chest and go and open that door and scream out

Bro Hyacinth where are you?
Every morning and night you won't allow us some privacy,come into this bed now and let us settle it today

Just go totally off ,I mean off and unleash all the anger that day

After that day,I promise you,he will never come near your bedroom
Infact he may pack out that week

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jun 07, 2013
That boy or man or whatever he is called is doing this delibrately. I mean who goes to knock early in the morning or late at night when the newly weds shopuld be doing what is expected of them.
Sounds like a jealous girlfriend trying to do everything to prevent a new couple from enjoying themselves.

I am sick to my stomach. Madam you have to take action yourself, trust me your husband may not see any big deal with this. (typical of men)

Deal with him and he must continue washing your hubby's clothes including yours sef, *hiss*
Re: . by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jun 07, 2013
cheesy cheesy
babyosisi:

Chineke mee
I didn't see this part
You are a nice woman o

And what did your husband do
Even a crying baby can make a risen manhood fall talk less of an angry bang on the door
I am shocked your husband is allowing this to continue
This BIL knows exactly what his aim is,you know,we all know,why is your husband allowing his brother do this?

Still follow the plan A I advised and if this continues you may have to throw in a little area girl if this scenario continues
When he knocks here ,you call out his name from the bed like so

E he brother Hyacinth
Do you want to come and join us on the bed
Oya come in let me shift for you

Your hubby will try to pacify you in low tones you must refuse to be pacified

You continue with voice rising higher

No darling leave me alone,enough is enough
Let me go and open door for him let him come
Then you get up with wrapper across your chest and go and open that door and scream out

Bro Hyacinth where are you?
Every morning and night you won't allow us some privacy,come into this bed now and let us settle it today

Just go totally off ,I mean off and unleash all the totaled anger that day

After that day,I promise you,he will never come near your bedroom
Infact he may pack out that week

Rolling at the thought of this, I have def seen this in nollywood movies and it works wonders

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jun 07, 2013
Osisi, my husband is reading your comment with me grin grin grin the poor man was wondering what was making me laugh out so loud grin grin
Re: . by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jun 07, 2013
jennykadry: Osisi, my husband is reading your comment with me grin grin grin the poor man was wondering what was making me laugh out so loud grin grin

Lol
Kpatakpata the BIL will say his brother married a mad woman
Is there any married woman that hasn't been called mad by the inlaws
Re: . by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jun 07, 2013
tchidi: *jotting down points from Babyosisi and jennykadry* cool cool cool

I haven't contributed much. Ohsisi takes the lead in this. I still stand by my earlier comment,........ The sharp edge of the door will hit his forehead, maybe then the dead nuts in his head will come back to life.
Re: . by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jun 07, 2013
Seriously though what kind of boy does this? Walk on and out of people's room like say you forgot ya sp3rm bank there. This woman is too quiet.... That water he used to wash my husbands clothes will be the same water I will bath him with. Anu ofia

OP please tell me his interruption is not the reason why you are still a Virgin and hubby finding it difficult to penetrate? Tell me he is not the reason cos I will fling this tablet from here to nigeria and will not let go until it smashes his head
Re: . by slimyem: 2:23pm On Jun 07, 2013
aysometin: That boy or man or whatever he is called is doing this delibrately. I mean who goes to knock early in the morning or late at night when the newly weds shopuld be doing what is expected of them.
Sounds like a jealous girlfriend trying to do everything to prevent a new couple from enjoying themselves.

I am sick to my stomach. Madam you have to take action yourself, trust me your husband may not see any big deal with this. (typical of men)

Deal with him and he must continue washing your hubby's clothes including yours sef, *hiss*
somebody is seriously pissed o.
Choi! cool
Re: . by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jun 07, 2013
Oh I remember the first few months of my marriage......."sighs and blushes" ........... If only these kids know the way(position) they were conceived, I will be dis-mothered. cool oh the privacy ........

4 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jun 07, 2013
jennykadry: Oh I remember the first few months of my marriage......."sighs and blushes" ........... If only these kids know the way(position) they were conceived, I will be dis-mothered. cool oh the privacy ........

I love Nigeria
I miss Nigeria
The only thing I enjoy to the max by living in Obodo oyibo is the privacy
First years of marriage
Every room in the house was a chopping center ,all styles including the kitchen
No be now pikin don full everywhere and you have to be careful before you are caught grin grin
I can't believe a newly wedded couple has been constrained to only chopping and romancing in the bedroom like senior citizens and this Buffon in their home wants to knock down the door while they are doing it.
Years into the marriage,you need to remember those wild times on the living room couch
These ones can't even kiss in their living room bikonu
What nonsense

She needs to find a way to get him out of the house entirely
Re: . by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 07, 2013
babyosisi:

Absolute rubbish!
Whatever smiley smiley
I have noticed women here!
Whenever the issues are against us, we are always quick to judge.
I wonder if we think of what could be happening to the other party be4 we write posts or make any contributions.
Be 4 we pass judgement, lets always try to look @ it from the other angle.
We have seen poster as a saint due to the way she presented her case.
I am not in support of wot the BIL is doing but lets always tell ourselves the truth.
We should try to imagine d reason why d husband is not even seeing anything wrong in wot his brother is doing.

3 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jun 07, 2013
nikkykay:
Whatever smiley smiley
I have noticed women here!
Whenever the issues are against us, we are always quick to judge.
I wonder if we think of what could be happening to the other party be4 we write posts or make any contributions.
Be 4 we pass judgement, lets always try to look @ it from the other angle.
We have seen poster as a saint due to the way she presented her case.
I am not in support of wot the BIL is doing but lets always tell ourselves the truth.
We should try to imagine d reason why d husband is not even seeing anything wrong in wot his brother is doing.

What business does a guest in a home have with the couple's bedroom let alone at odd times
That is the core subject here

Are you responding to this situation or answering to another thread entirely
Do you go to people's home and bang on their bedroom doors or walk in at will

This man has absolutely no business in their bedroom
If this is what happens in your home and u are ok with it fine for you
This wife here doesn't like it and wants it to seize and 99% of the responders agree
Who are you to tell her how to behave and what she should tolerate in her own home
She came here with a specific problem,if you don't have any answers to her dilemma,why don't you move on to another thread rather than making up scenarios and proffer solutions to them.
Scenarios totally unconnected to the situation.
Nonsense
Re: . by MockingBird(m): 4:21pm On Jun 07, 2013
greatgod2012: Am i the only one who thinks differently on this, and i believe this type of indulgence is why mediocrity will continue to wax stronger and stronger in this part of the world. Haba!, a full grown-up man behaving childishly, even, some children know when to respect one's privacy and marriage. The guy is simply st.up.id, how on earth can a full grown up man just enter a couple's room without knocking or banging the door on a couple when the door is locked, even, if hes both their parents and hes the one feeding them, courtesy demands that he gives them their deserved respect. And why do i feel that, hes intentionally doing it to frustrate either or both of the couple wickedly.
Well, as for me, i wont condone it, i wont even tell hubby about it and im certain that it will only happen one time, yes, i mean it just once, there wont be a repetition of such st.upi. dity if im the one involved. "ijo ti a ba ribi ni ibi nwole"
"Nkan ti eeyan o ba ni gba ni olowo, talaka la tii nkoo".
@op, its never too late, face your fear once and conquer it forever. How? Call him"brother so...so), "i want to see you, i dont like the way you just enter our room without knocking, you have to realise that im a married woman and your brother is a married man, we are both legally married and we have the right to anything that may be happening indoor, without apology to anyone, and distubance from anyone, you inclusive, so, give us our deserved respect in order to have your own respect intact. Action and reaction and always equal and opposite. A word is enough"
when your hubby comes from work, tell him what you told his brother and how you told him(if possible, record you converation with you BIL and play it to your hubby when he comes back)
Approach him with all humility and do not raise your voice at him except he reacts otherwise. If hes an honourable and respectful man, he will apologise and refrain from such action. If hes not, then he need to learn it the embarrassing way, by asking him to go out the next time he tries that.
Meanwhile, you have your roles to play, if you still want him to be washing yur hubby's clothes, get a laundry basket and put it in the passage/verander, therein, you pack your hubby's clothes and therein he picks them up, and when hes thru with ironing. Tell him, to leave them in the sitting room, that you will pack them inside from there, or betterstill, get another person to do the laundry and pay for it.
Wishing you goodluck and blissful marriage.

'Gbam' On point. Even when I stay alone and everybody has their room u can't try this. Privacy must be maintained. I go tell you straight to ur face. Not to talk of when I don marry.
Re: . by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jun 07, 2013
Nikkykay , not again!! We will never be on the same page never!!! angry angry

Okay lets say the woman is even a bad kpatapata woman without redemption....STILL it doesn't excuse the knucklehead BIL to barge into her personal space .... enough excuses for bad behaviour,

I've said my own, he completely realized what he's doing but ignored the fact that he's hurting somebody else's feeling and playing possum hence doesn't care.

Call him and spell it out to him face to face, if he persist then go to plan B cool
Re: . by greatgod2012(f): 4:50pm On Jun 07, 2013
Lol, funny thread, thank God and welcome babyosisi and jennykadry for speaking out sense about this stu..pid boy.

Privacy......hhhhm lol, i remember the early months of our marriage.......oh! Too baddest, jenny, have you done dindong on the staircase, bathtub, dinning table, kitchen, etc, imagine, make somebody come dey spoil all that for me, lailai, e no go happen, this op seems to be very quiet, well, individual differences, but seriously, that boy(BIL) NEEDS MENTAL EXAMINATION, SERIOUSLY.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 07, 2013
The next time he comes to your room, politely ask him to knock before entering. He should wait for you to bring soiled clothes to him. Tell him that room is your space. If e no gree hear word then scream at him the next time he enters without permission.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 07, 2013
jidegirl12: Nikkykay , not again!! We will never be on the same page never!!! angry angry

Okay lets say the woman is even a bad kpatapata woman without redemption....STILL it doesn't excuse the knucklehead BIL to barge into her personal space .... enough excuses for bad behaviour,

I've said my own, he completely realized what he's doing but ignored the fact that he's hurting somebody else's feeling and playing possum hence doesn't care.

Call him and spell it out to him face to face, if he persist then go to plan B cool

Dnt get me wrong please
I wont tolerate ds act in my own home as well.
As for me, i wuld have put d BIL in his place long time ago even be4 we got married if husby refused to do it.
Do u think ds guy doesnt know dey need privacy. He knows.
He is just looking for trouble.
I told her in my first post that she shld show respect first
U dont just attack pple like dat
She doesnt know y dat guy is doing dat
Look aint a kinda lady dat rushes to judge
There is a way u give pple gap after u have talk to them about their negative act
Lets always look at the weakness or wot d person is doing wrong as well be4 we give advise.

babyosisi:

What business does a guest in a home have with the couple's bedroom let alone at odd times
That is the core subject here

Are you responding to this situation or answering to another thread entirely
Do you go to people's home and bang on their bedroom doors or walk in at will

This man has absolutely no business in their bedroom
If this is what happens in your home and u are ok with it fine for you
This wife here doesn't like it and wants it to seize and 99% of the responders agree
Who are you to tell her how to behave and what she should tolerate in her own home
She came here with a specific problem,if you don't have any answers to her dilemma,why don't you move on to another thread rather than making up scenarios and preferring solutions to them.
Scenarios totally unconnected to the situation.
Nonsense

Madam calm down and dnt take ds issue personal
U dont have to mention my own home here. And i dont go into pple's house to bang on dir doors
I treat pple with respect d same way i will love to be treated
So u think 99% of the responders are always right a times.
Aint telling her wot to do in her own house or how to behave
I only advised her to check her actions as well.
Re: . by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 07, 2013
Re: . by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jun 07, 2013
chaircover:
What is the brother doing now that he wasn't doing before April? and what did you try to do about it before April?

You have told your hubby to do something about his brother. my question is why is this rude behavior only affecting you but your husband seems comfortable with it all? where were the boundaries to start with? Your husband is the senior brother and why hadnt he called his brother to check much earlier than this?

I agree that your brother in laws attitude is a nuisance and annoying but somehow he has gotten used to this behaviour, it is not going to suddenly stop and it will take time and wisdom. Not everything has to be done by force Always try the peaceful and well thouht out option first if you can. Start by telling him that if he keeps on barging into your room, he will stumble upon you nakeed one day and that wont be nice at all

As for the clothes washing, he should stop washing your husbands clothes. your husbands car i can understand, but clothes are personal and it is one of those personal special touches that a wife does for her husband. Your husbands immaculate appearance should be down to you and it should make you feel good that you are the reason why he is looking co cool.

in short apply wisdom to tackle this so you dont end up in a long war that you may or may not end up winning depending om your husbands real stand in all this. Boundaries were not in place from the start and where there are no laws there are no crimes so the ball is back in your husbands court.
Why dont we look at this post?

1 Like

Re: . by SmashingM(f): 5:18pm On Jun 07, 2013
Instead of you to have problems with your husband or your husband people, i'll advise you to as free as you want to be with your husband (in your bedroom)without locking the door. By the time he sees you on bed (naked or not)with your husband (in an intimate position), he'll get the message and will start knocking the door before barging into your bedroom. I think your husband will act quickly too if his brother sees your unclothedness. Goodluck
Re: . by tasandra: 5:51pm On Jun 07, 2013
What a brainless thin,that guy is angryor e wan see hw una dey take do am Op,tell ur hubby hw pissed u ar abt his brodas,attitude..
Re: . by tasandra: 5:52pm On Jun 07, 2013
tasandra: What a brainless thin,that guy is angryor e wan see hw una dey take do am Op,tell ur hubby hw pissed u ar abt his brodas,attitude..
Re: . by Akinagirl(f): 10:01pm On Jun 07, 2013
How old is this brother of his that he does not have his own accommodation and family?? I mean this marriage is way too new to have this type of problem. He needs to leave I'm sorry. Imagine, a grown up man does not have enough common sense to leave a MARRIED couple to their privacy!

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 6:03am On Jun 08, 2013
@ and osisi

Are you's kidding me?? That was the dope back then. No kids then.... Haba it was chop and quench then....no one should be denied that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

. . . / What Does It Mean When Your Enemy Comes To Apologize In Your Dream? / Can You Entertain A Guest With Its Food?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.