Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,990 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Somalis, Ethiopians, Eritreans Are Superior - Culture (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Somalis, Ethiopians, Eritreans Are Superior (106451 Views)

Black girl says Somalis & Ethiopians Are Beautiful Because Of their Features / The Reason Why Blacks Try So Hard To Claim Somalis/ethiopians / Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Go Down)

Re: Somalis, Ethiopians, Eritreans Are Superior by axum: 8:06am On Apr 05, 2015
Omarbah:

Considering that Guinea, Senegal , Mali, Well most West Africa is Muslim and that it is mostly done through the Islamic states built by fulbe,
Considering that Ethiopia and Eritrea, the states that are close to you, Ethiopia, Kenya,and even Eritrea are mostly Christian,
I don't see why Somalis act as if among black people, there are "supreme" when it comes to Islam. We have done, by the grace of Allah, more to spread the religion that you did. The same is true for North Sudanese , for all these years, incapable of bringing Islam down south and nos those guys have even taken independence. What an idio.t El Bechir is. By the way, I lump you and Northern Sudanese in the same group. You are all Arab wannabe. Sorry but it's true.

One is off the list. Let's wait for the response for the others.
Salam.

Lol at Arab-wannabe. Somalis speak their own language and have their own culture. Just because they share more political ideology with Arabs than africans doesnt mean we are arab wannabes. Somalis care about religion and the rest is politics as Ethiopia is Christian, and we are Muslim. Somali culture cannot even be penetrated by outsiders as its hostile and xenophobic to non Somalis. Our society is run by clans and sub clans and sub sub clans. So foreigners cannot change our culture, thus why we have the oldest customer law still in practice, our own language, culture, customs despite being in a region that traded with asia, europe and middle east.

Saying Somalis are Arab wannabes is like Saying Pakistanis are arab wannabes because they are not Hindu. Certain interests align and it just so happens Somalis are Muslims, our enemy is Kenya and Ethiopia who are Christian and we have a long history with Arabs and a bad history with our neighbors in Africa. I am sure if Somalia was in Yemen we would have beef with Arabs as we are Nomads who graze and took over large swath of land. For Arabs it makes sense to support us as we destabilize Kenya and Ethiopia, and this also benefits us. So geo politics along with religion tie Somalia more closer to Arabia.

Look at Ethiopia they are Christian (government) and they have the AU HQ in Addis, they have no love for Bantus, they are simply playing the card that was handed to them. So they have to form a coalition of Africans against Somalia/Djibouti/Egypt/Eritrea.

Re: Somalis, Ethiopians, Eritreans Are Superior by mfuasi: 2:01pm On Apr 05, 2015
axum:

Lol at Arab-wannabe. Somalis speak their own language and have their own culture. Just because they share more political ideology with Arabs than africans doesnt mean we are arab wannabes. Somalis care about religion and the rest is politics as Ethiopia is Christian, and we are Muslim. Somali culture cannot even be penetrated by outsiders as its hostile and xenophobic to non Somalis. Our society is run by clans and sub clans and sub sub clans. So foreigners cannot change our culture, thus why we have the oldest customer law still in practice, our own language, culture, customs despite being in a region that traded with asia, europe and middle east.

Saying Somalis are Arab wannabes is like Saying Pakistanis are arab wannabes because they are not Hindu. Certain interests align and it just so happens Somalis are Muslims, our enemy is Kenya and Ethiopia who are Christian and we have a long history with Arabs and a bad history with our neighbors in Africa. I am sure if Somalia was in Yemen we would have beef with Arabs as we are Nomads who graze and took over large swath of land. For Arabs it makes sense to support us as we destabilize Kenya and Ethiopia, and this also benefits us. So geo politics along with religion tie Somalia more closer to Arabia .

Nobody cares.Somalia is a failed state and your people refugees globally. Go rebuild your country and stop ranting and explaining yourself to the same people you apparently hate.$tupid slowpoke.

4 Likes

Re: Somalis, Ethiopians, Eritreans Are Superior by mfuasi: 2:05pm On Apr 05, 2015
Happy Easter Holidays y'all. cheesy
Re: Somalis, Ethiopians, Eritreans Are Superior by Omarbah: 3:25pm On Apr 05, 2015
axum:

Lol at Arab-wannabe. Somalis speak their own language and have their own culture. Just because they share more political ideology with Arabs than africans doesnt mean we are arab wannabes. Somalis care about religion and the rest is politics as Ethiopia is Christian, and we are Muslim.
. Somali culture cannot even be penetrated by outsiders as its hostile and xenophobic to non Somalis. Our society is run by clans and sub and sub sub clans. So foreigners cannot change our culture, thus why we have the oldest customer law still in practice, our own language, culture, customs despite being in a region that traded with asia, europe and middle east.

This summarizes all of the problem that Somalis have with each other and with other people. I stated this to your brother ArtanK but he keeps on denying it. Do you think it is a source of pride for a society to be still divided in sub clans in the 21st century? Or for a culture to be so conservative that it shuts everything from the outside even the good things?
Lol and you are proud of the hatred between you and your neighbors instead of embracing brotherhood with them and build something for yourselves. I am glad I have met you on this forum, now I know how shallow minded you people are.

2 Likes

Re: Somalis, Ethiopians, Eritreans Are Superior by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 05, 2015
mfuasi:
Happy Easter Holidays y'all. cheesy
Happy Easter¡¡¡¡

1 Like

Re: Somalis, Ethiopians, Eritreans Are Superior by axum: 8:27pm On Apr 05, 2015
Omarbah:

This summarizes all of the problem that Somalis have with each other and with other people. I stated this to your brother ArtanK but he keeps on denying it. Do you think it is a source of pride for a society to be still divided in sub clans in the 21st century? Or for a culture to be so conservative that it shuts everything from the outside even the good things?
Lol and you are proud of the hatred between you and your neighbors instead of embracing brotherhood with them and build something for yourselves. I am glad I have met you on this forum, now I know how shallow minded you people are.

you are bantu, you dont know what it means to be proud.
Re: Somalis, Ethiopians, Eritreans Are Superior by Fulaman198(m): 9:37pm On Apr 05, 2015
axum:

you are bantu, you dont know what it means to be proud.

If he's a Bantu then I'm one as well. We are both Fulani men

1 Like

Re: Somalis, Ethiopians, Eritreans Are Superior by axum: 9:39pm On Apr 05, 2015
Fulaman198:

If he's a Bantu then I'm one as well. We are both Fulani men

My apologies if he is Fulani. I will slaughter a goat in his honor. cheesy

Re: Somalis, Ethiopians, Eritreans Are Superior by Nobody: 10:25pm On Apr 05, 2015
Fulaman198:

From the way you are talking, it seems like you were born yesterday. You are in Kenya (supposedly), you don't know anything about Fulani people.

Cheap talk!

People like you are directly banned from anthropology forums.
Re: Somalis, Ethiopians, Eritreans Are Superior by axum: 10:31pm On Apr 05, 2015
Kenyanlady, I am happy you didnt die in the recent Alshbaab attacks.

Re: Somalis, Ethiopians, Eritreans Are Superior by Fulaman198(m): 10:40pm On Apr 05, 2015
axum:

My apologies if he is Fulani. I will slaughter a goat in his honor. cheesy

He's the ArtanK version of Fulani. Whilst you and me are the overly proud Nomads. They try to play the good guys. Whilst we are the bad guys (though you are worse than me).
Re: Somalis, Ethiopians, Eritreans Are Superior by Fulaman198(m): 10:41pm On Apr 05, 2015
KenyanLady:

Cheap talk!

People like you are directly banned from anthropology forums.

People like you are banned from 'common sense' forums cheesy
Re: Somalis, Ethiopians, Eritreans Are Superior by axum: 10:45pm On Apr 05, 2015
Fulaman198:

He's the ArtanK version of Fulani. Whilst you and me are the overly proud Nomads. They try to play the good guys. Whilst we are the bad guys (though you are worse than me).

ArtanK is not Somali. The man has not a single blood of Somali blood running through his veins.
Re: Somalis, Ethiopians, Eritreans Are Superior by Fulaman198(m): 10:46pm On Apr 05, 2015
axum:

ArtanK is not Somali. The man has not a single blood of Somali blood running through his veins.

He looks Somali to me
Re: Somalis, Ethiopians, Eritreans Are Superior by axum: 10:48pm On Apr 05, 2015
Fulaman198:

He looks Somali to me

He was injured in a fight in Somalia and his blood was replaced with that of a Bantu.
Re: Somalis, Ethiopians, Eritreans Are Superior by Fulaman198(m): 10:52pm On Apr 05, 2015
axum:

He was injured in a fight in Somalia and his blood was replaced with that of a Bantu.

I hope that ArtanK doesn't get mad at me for saying this, but I'll probably get hated for this, but that was ridiculous loll.

I love my bros ArtanK, but dang Axum man lay off the jokes for a while

1 Like

Re: Somalis, Ethiopians, Eritreans Are Superior by Nobody: 10:55pm On Apr 05, 2015
@Attention seeking skinny refugee.

You are not on my level, just go talk to these attention seeking low IQ sub humans "gallivant & mfuasi" you are all the same types.

PS. I will keep ignoring you.
Re: Somalis, Ethiopians, Eritreans Are Superior by axum: 10:57pm On Apr 05, 2015
Fulaman198:

I hope that ArtanK doesn't get mad at me for saying this, but I'll probably get hated for this, but that was ridiculous loll.

I love my bros ArtanK, but dang Axum man lay off the jokes for a while

Re: Somalis, Ethiopians, Eritreans Are Superior by Nobody: 10:59pm On Apr 05, 2015
Fulaman.

Most Fulanis anthropology forums members agreed with me.
Re: Somalis, Ethiopians, Eritreans Are Superior by Fulaman198(m): 11:00pm On Apr 05, 2015
KenyanLady:
Fulaman.

Most Fulanis anthropology forums members agreed with me.

I don't think so really cheesy. You are living in denial.
Re: Somalis, Ethiopians, Eritreans Are Superior by axum: 11:00pm On Apr 05, 2015
KenyanLady:

You are not on my level, just go talk to these attention seeking low IQ sub humans "gallivant & mfuasi" you are all the same types.

Kenyanlady, I deeply apologize for the Alshabaab attacks that occurred recently. I know this has hurt tourism in Kenya, and will eventually impact you as no white men will come for you to open your legs to. My apologies, on behalf of all Somalis.
Re: Somalis, Ethiopians, Eritreans Are Superior by gallivant: 11:37pm On Apr 05, 2015
KenyanLady:

Axum, tourism plays a very small role in the Kenyan economy. We are only sad young innocent students died. Look here..https://www.nairaland.com/51356/nairobi-photos-kenya-beautiful-east/152
Re: Somalis, Ethiopians, Eritreans Are Superior by Omarbah: 11:53pm On Apr 05, 2015
ArtanK:

The Kingdom of Aksum occupied a lot of the southern parts of Yemen and Saudi Arabia but that was over 1000 years ago. The name Aden is 100% Arabic, it can be confused with the name Aden/Adan which is a very common Somali name but that's just a variation of the name Adam.
In fulfulde Aden means a person.
Re: Somalis, Ethiopians, Eritreans Are Superior by Fulaman198(m): 12:05am On Apr 06, 2015
Omarbah:

In fulfulde Aden means a person.

The Aden also describes people who are Hausa and Tuareg mixed
Re: Somalis, Ethiopians, Eritreans Are Superior by adamskutty(m): 12:53am On Apr 06, 2015
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
KenyanLady:

Silverback

You are just plain stup!d, as you can see on this pictures, We kenyans are PxcLZ.jpg[/img]

what the hell are you talking about? shocked

Silverback.
It's funny how a kenyan coalback is referring to her Nigerian owner as silver back.

U are a fvcking charcant, that's what the white man calls y'all. grin

[/quote] Charcant : extremely dark skin Negriods which feels strongly inferior to finer breeds from around the world. E.g Kenya ,Haiti, Uganda. grin [/quote]

U are strongly feeling inferior to me, it would have been nice and a gift to the world if alshaabab had slit ur throat instead of those 148 Kenyan university students. grin grin

Anyway, here's why u are pitch black, coal miner. grin

The average Kenyan is way darker, pitch black.

[img]http://www.ctvnews.ca/polopoly_fs/1.2153800.1418923948!/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_960/image.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.dw.de/image/0,,17674752_303,00.jpg[/img]

THE NILOTIC PEOPLE FROM WIKIPEDIA!

Physically, Nilotes are noted for their typically very dark skin color and slender, tall bodies. They often possess exceptionally long limbs, particularly vis-a-vis the distal segments (forearms, calves). This characteristic is thought to be a climatic adaptation to allow their bodies to shed heat more efficiently.

Sudanese Nilotes are regarded as one of the tallest peoples in the world. Roberts and Bainbridge (1963) reported average values of 182.6 cm (71.9" for height and 58.8 kg (129.6 lbs) for weight in a sample of Sudanese Shilluk.[21] Another sample of Sudanese Dinka had a stature/weight ratio of 181.9 cm/58.0 kg (71.6"/127.9 lbs), with an extremely ectomorphic somatotype of 1.6-3.5-6.2.

In terms of facial features, Hiernaux (1975) observed that the nasal profile most common amongst Nilotic populations is broad, with characteristically high index values ranging from 86.9 to 92.0. He also reported that lower nasal indices are often found amongst Nilotes who inhabit the more southerly Great Lakes region, such as the Maasai, a fact which he attributed to genetic differences.[22]

Additionally, it has been remarked that the Nilotic groups presently inhabiting the African Great Lakes region are sometimes also smaller in stature than those residing in the Sudan region. Campbell et al. (2006) recorded measurements of 172.0 cm/53.6 kg (67.7"/118.2 lbs) in a sample of agricultural Turkana in northern Kenya, and of 174.9 cm/53.0 kg (68.8"/116.8 lbs) in pastoral Turkana.[23] Hiernaux similarly listed a height of 172.7 cm (68" for Maasai in southern Kenya, with an extreme trunk/leg length ratio of 47.7.[22]

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nilotic_peoples

Re: Somalis, Ethiopians, Eritreans Are Superior by adamskutty(m): 1:03am On Apr 06, 2015
axum:
Kenyanlady, I am happy you didnt die in the recent Alshbaab attacks.

haha! U mean my Bantu slave? grin

I came to it rescue, in exchange for[b] it [/b] life I allowed it to give each and everyone of alshaabab member bl0wjob, which it did perfectly well. grin
Re: Somalis, Ethiopians, Eritreans Are Superior by adamskutty(m): 1:19am On Apr 06, 2015
KenyanLady:

Okay patriotic Fulani man.

But we all know that these people are mixed race not pure African and it has been proved by dna.

Now don't go ballistic grin

I am out here.
hahaha! Its not our fault that u people have been cursed by God to be burnt skin coal. grin

Accept my condolence burnt charcant. grin

Living around pitch black demons no easy o . grin

Aliens. grin shocked cry grin grin angry grin

Re: Somalis, Ethiopians, Eritreans Are Superior by adamskutty(m): 1:30am On Apr 06, 2015
KenyanLady:

Do you know how many ethnic groups are in Kenya? we are not all dark skinned people.

I am of mixed Nilotic and Bantu and I am not dark.

Don't insult my intelligence.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Hehehe! Didn't know u are a direct combination of the first generation of burnt skin apes. Then u must be really ugly. grin
Re: Somalis, Ethiopians, Eritreans Are Superior by ArtanK(m): 1:53am On Apr 06, 2015
Omarbah:

Considering that Guinea, Senegal , Mali, Well most West Africa is Muslim and that it is mostly done through the Islamic states built by fulbe,
Considering that Ethiopia and Eritrea, the states that are close to you, Ethiopia, Kenya,and even Eritrea are mostly Christian,
I don't see why Somalis act as if among black people, there are "supreme" when it comes to Islam. We have done, by the grace of Allah, more to spread the religion that you did. The same is true for North Sudanese , for all these years, incapable of bringing Islam down south and nos those guys have even taken independence. What an idio.t El Bechir is. By the way, I lump you and Northern Sudanese in the same group. You are all Arab wannabe. Sorry but it's true.

One is off the list. Let's wait for the response for the others.
Salam.

I don't know If I've said this before but Somalis share almost nothing with northern Sudanese people, they speak arabic, dress like them and behave like them. Most Somalis don't even speak Arabic. See even though it is taught in schools, it is not important in Somali lands. Somali culture is completely different from Arabic culture. I would understand it if you said Muslim Ethiopians/Eritreans but Sudanese are not where near similar to Somalis.

As for spreading Islam, in the medieval times. The walled city of Harar which was the capital of the Somali Adal empire was considered the 4th holiest city of Islam. Often being described as Madinat Al-Awliya by Muslim scholars.
I'm not aware of the kind of resistance the Fulanis faced in their endeavours but we faced the Portuguese at their prime (on land and on sea) and the oldest Christian kingdom on earth, Abyssinia and still defeated them in battle because they mistreated the Muslims. The Adal empire started out in Zeyla (which one of the oldest mosques in the world, Masjid al Qiblatein) and the Gulf of Tadjoura in the Red Sea and managed to conquer a territory larger than Nigeria within 2 years. Today, 40% of Ethiopians and half of Eritreans are Muslim, obviously I'm not going to claim that it is all down to Somalis but we played a huge part in spreading Islam in the horn.

Somalis expanded in territory, from being a small tribe in the mountainous regions near the Red Sea, to now settling deep inside Kenya. Around the same time as Adal, we had another Somali empire in the south called the Ajuuraan empire which traded and dealt with people from all over the world. From Christian Europeans to Indians, Malay and Chinese dynasties. There are also many scriptures pointing towards Abu Barakaat al-Barbari who was single-handedly responsible for spreading Islam in the Maldives being Somali and there are also many books stating the Ajuuraan possessed a large colony in Kinolhas (Maldives).

What I gather from your comment is a lot of resentment, mostly down to ignorance when it comes to the horn. As I said before, we are indifferent to all non-Somalis, whether you are dark or light. That's why the old age Somalis forbade the Europeans from marrying Somali women, their women giving birth on Somali soil and also called Arabs a bunch of women (Sayyid Mohammed) when it came to battle.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22)

Ethiopian Women + Nigerian Men (PICS) / Yoruba Words That Have Several Meanings / 45,000 Virgin Zulu Maidens Step Out Topless For Testing In South Africa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.