Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,205 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! (34822 Views)

Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by francis247(m): 4:17pm On Jun 08, 2013
Really hope They'll deliver. Wish them Best of luck.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by BrutusOj(m): 5:06pm On Jun 08, 2013
seunny4lif: Why u spoil my mood now cry cry cry cry
u wud be suprised when Dos big names r disgraced by d small names in SE
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by ghananotnaija(m): 5:16pm On Jun 08, 2013
Cusubaba: Fuckoff u low minded Ghanaian or u can as well kiss ur mother a.s.s. Hahahaha.... How can u compare ant with elephant. FIFA Confederations Cup is for Champions like Nigeria, Spain, not for minnors like Ghana Black Juju Stars who have not won anything for past 32 years. Village bastard.

You think Nigeria is a major team? You must be joking! Mentioning Nigeria in the same sentence as Spain and Brazil is ridiculous! Ghana could at least be competitive with those teams, but Nigeria? The Little Eaglets will be crushed like insects. The world will think that Nigeria is the best Africa has to offer, but in fact there are better teams like Ghana.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by damosky12(m): 5:20pm On Jun 08, 2013
born2fuckpussy: Spain:Nigeria is underdog when two team are extra from the spanish team, even their reserve team are far better than Nigeria, we can win but the chances is low and they winning us won't make any different but a paper will be fill if Nigeria wins.

Uruguay-Gasto ramirez, Cavani and Suarez are the greatest treat and they should watch out their mid fielders deliveing passes to them because the Cavani and Suarez score almost every week in their respectful football

As for Tahiti: Nigeria are the king if we are careful
what makes the Spanish team superior? I observed, peeps are too skeptical, even if that spain team was ours, you will still say our chances are slim. Football could be very unpredictable at times. Take the Catalunya game 4 instanse, you guys said this same thing. They played our local boys just 1:1 at their backyard. NEVER JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER. Chilex, Spain team go hear am.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by damosky12(m): 6:24pm On Jun 08, 2013
edi287: Uruguay has won the world cup 2 times. There's nothing wrong with being patriotic, but lets stop lying to ourselves....spain and most especially uruguay will trounce this team if they turn up. Look how our defence struggled against Mexico's attack; what will happen when they face Uruguay?

there is no diceaving one's self in this? I can bet Uruguay wont win.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by damosky12(m): 6:31pm On Jun 08, 2013
olaolaking:

In your own analysis why do you think we deserve it. Is it because we played best of football ? In the final, we did not play better than our opponent. We have to be happy we won. But buy my own standard, we are still below average. Take it
It is obvious you either watched the match in black and white T.V and mistook us for our opponents or you watched the match from the back of your T.V. We pocessed them big time, created more chances than them. They had just about two shots on target.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by damosky12(m): 6:42pm On Jun 08, 2013
kutchs:
Talking about the final itself since you want an argument, tell me how many chances at goal BF created other than the clipped shot by Wilfred Sanou from a Nakoulma‘s cut back and the two speculative shots by Bance in the first half. Nigeria (even the whole world will attest) played better than Burkina Fasso. From the Ideye‘s miss from Diahkite‘s error in the 15th mins to that of the 85th mins from a Musa cross from the left flank Nigeria dominated. You would need to watch the final again to make sense of what am telling you.

We may struggle to beat Spain and Uruguay cos they may be better but saying that Nigeria has relied on luck since 1996 is a bit too silly and over the bar.
Thank you o my broda. Luck ko, Jonathan ni. Rubbish post he made.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by damosky12(m): 6:48pm On Jun 08, 2013
Emmadani: so kenya no b team ?Or kenya no b human beigns or kenya players bin dey paralysed? Or kenya bin play wit only two menAsin how 9ja take struggle?Is it dat kenya are mino or what?The way sum pple they think sef.Nawa ooo
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahaha. THIS IS FUNNY. Thats was a good reply to sbd that said S.E didnt do so well against Kenya after beating then 0:1 in ther backyard in frnt of their Oga at the top (President). Choi, some guys hardly reason..
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by damosky12(m): 7:02pm On Jun 08, 2013
ghananotnaija:

You think Nigeria is a major team? You must be joking! Mentioning Nigeria in the same sentence as Spain and Brazil is ridiculous! Ghana could at least be competitive with those teams, but Nigeria? The Little Eaglets will be crushed like insects. The world will think that Nigeria is the best Africa has to offer, but in fact there are better teams like Ghana.
pls escuse me oh. Does Ghana still play football?

3 Likes

Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Tattooboy: 7:47pm On Jun 08, 2013
Danhumprey: Just becos Victor Moses and Emmanuel Emenike are not on the list doesn't mean we can't do well. Let's trust our players. By the way,Moses and Emenike were unsound heroes until they were given a chance by Keshi to show their worth. Let's also trust these players. I see the going place. GOD help us.
Moses unsound? Mba jo.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by crosspaul1(m): 7:58pm On Jun 08, 2013
Go Eagles, wishing you guys the best. Make Nigerians proud
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Artlove(m): 9:58pm On Jun 08, 2013
SIRCONFIDENCE:

No, Mikel didn't play. He voluntarily withdrew due to injury after his inclusion in final 23players. He was replaced by Ideye
not Ideye, mikel was replaced by lukman
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Antell95(m): 12:48am On Jun 09, 2013
Artlove: how u tak know? u be native doctor? undecided undecided undecided
after these games..i'll tell u who i am
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by mamagee3(f): 3:23pm On Jun 09, 2013
When does this tournament begin?
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by omograndma(m): 3:53pm On Jun 09, 2013
abeg i still dey find the killer squad.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jun 09, 2013
mama-gee:
When does this tournament begin?

This Saturday, with Brazil v Japan @ 8pm
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Afam4eva(m): 4:32pm On Jun 09, 2013
CFCfan:

This Saturday, with Brazil v Japan @ 8pm
Is the confederations cup before or after Namibia?
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 09, 2013
Afam4eva:
Is the confederations cup before or after Namibia?

It's before the Namibia game. The Namibiagame is on Wednesday.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jun 09, 2013
nigeria need to use speed as well as set pieces!! that's what bayern did and won 7-0. We know once he hit balls over the top, spain will try and keep it on the ground so they can do what they do best.
I see a 1-0 win our team. After all, Spain usually gets off to a slow start in competitions

World Cup 2010- Switzerland 1-0 Spain
Confed cup 2009- USA 2-0 Spain
Confed cup 2009 Spain 3-2 South Africa (after extra time)...This is the same South Africa that we use as training material (no offence grin wink )
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jun 09, 2013
edi287: Uruguay has won the world cup 2 times. There's nothing wrong with being patriotic, but lets stop lying to ourselves....spain and most especially uruguay will trounce this team if they turn up. Look how our defence struggled against Mexico's attack; what will happen when they face Uruguay?

as a former footballer as a teen, (although i am no expert) trust me your mind when playing a friendly is different from a competitive game. In a competetive game, its do or die..in a friendly you won't tackle hard because you don't wanna get injured/injure a player for no reason. We are known for our muscular build and speed so TRUST ME, NIGERIA WILL TACKLE SPAIN/URUGUAY HARD.especially cos we watch spanish/ uruguayan players day in-day out in premier league/ la liga unlike the mexicans who are not as popular except a few (chicharito, gio dos santos etc). Remeber that Ghana would have won Uruguay in the World Cup if not for Suarez's handball and Gyan's penalty miss in the 120th minute to win the game.

UP NAIJA!!
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by obibanks: 10:04pm On Jun 09, 2013
Naija jst needs to thrash haiti very well(atleast 4-0) and try draw the nxt 2
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by lanreigah(m): 11:25pm On Jun 09, 2013
bisikeys: This squad lacks dept. I see a lot of people the coach is trying to sell. Who is Muhammad Gambo and what has he done to be in the team? Who is Solomon Kwambe?? In midfield, i only see two players of class, Ogenyi Onazi and Mikel Obi.. Before you start mentioning Mba, in all of Nigeria's games that he has played , what is his overall performance. He's always anonymous for most of the game. His role is so undefined. You dont see him tackle, you dont see him pass, he just shows that occasional flash of brilliance. Check out our games in the Nations cup, Before and after the goals, what was his impact? What role was he playing? Defensive midfield, or attacking midfield? I believe this is not the best team Nigeria can offer at this stage. this is just the team of a coach trying to prove a point(that am in charge).
you just spoke my mind about Mba
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Nobody: 7:58am On Jun 10, 2013
CFCfan:

It's before the Namibia game. The Namibiagame is on Wednesday.
english ooo.It is "after" the namibia game.Not before.Namibia game is on the 12th of june,confederations cup starts 15th of june,nigeria wil play it 1st confed cup match on 17th of june...!Correction.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Nobody: 8:10am On Jun 10, 2013
Emmadani: english ooo.It is "after" the namibia game.Not before.

Oops. Thanks for the correction cool
The Confed cup comes up after d Namibia game.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Nobody: 8:13am On Jun 10, 2013
CFCfan:

Oops. Thanks for the correction cool
The Confed cup comes up after d Namibia game.
ya welcome.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Magonline: 3:01pm On Jun 16, 2013
Dear Friends, Super Eagles do not seem to have what it takes to excel against teams like Uruguay, Brazil, Italy & ect. @ the confederation cup. This'll however serve as a preparation arena for Keshi's team. He'll discover areas that are weak and need to be thoroughly solidified before the Mundiale. Let's expect little or even nothing.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Nobody: 2:16am On Jun 23, 2013

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Manchester United Could Face Points Deduction Under Premier League Rules / Sanchez Becomes The Footballer With The Second-fastest Red Card At The World Cup / Paul Pogba Deletes 'disrespectful' Tweet After Jose Mourinho Sacking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.