Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! (34823 Views)

Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by JaaizTech: 10:34am On Jun 08, 2013
This is the best team we have at the moment. All we need to do is support them. It wouldi be great to beat spain but the odds are against us. our midfield is great, but our attack is not so good. I would be satisfied with out best performance.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by fydence: 10:38am On Jun 08, 2013
daz_york:

WHY? Spain get 15 players fr pitch ni? I just tire for the way Africans are always conquering themselves mentally. Del Bosque himself at the technical analysis of theAFCON singled out our S/E as the most technically gifted team in the competition and a contender for the Confederations cup. We don't have a bad record against Spain. Come to think of it, when has Naija ever truly been disgraced by any of these Oyinbo nations? Even at the World Cup in 2010, with Aguero, Messi, Tevez, Higuain and Lavezzi to our Martins and Yakubu, Argentina just managed to squeeze past us 1-0 with an avoidable set piece goal. So where do you guys get this sense of inferiority from? If we were Zimbabwe or Mozambique, I'd understand but for fk sake Nigeria has a better international record at tournaments than England and the Uruguay that people are swallowing Panadol for. You lot need to go see a psychologist to remove this deep seated fear of oyinbo superiority. Oyinbo is not superior in any way!
See, even Barca which is basically Spain's midfield went out and bought Yaya Toure, Seydou Keita, Alex Song etc. When was the last time any of these guys won against Nigeria in international footy? Yet they're good enough for this "best team in the world" and still my people will be swallowing Panadol where there is no headache. I just tire o
my brother i tiiire oooo.... Why Cant Some People Develop Faith And Pride in Themselves,their Country and Team for once... Is it the Slave trade hangover or just an Incurably Low Sense of Selfworth...

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by RedLight1: 10:50am On Jun 08, 2013
zuchyblink: is not the matter of inviting europe based players,playing in europe does not make u a better player ahead of others is just an opportunity.keshi invited players that are ready to die for the country,that are ready to prove and compete with world class players that was the secret of our nations cup success.
gbammmm... he invited players that are ready to make name for themselves
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Dannyxy(m): 10:53am On Jun 08, 2013
damosky12:
English could be a problem to Naija's sometimes (no offence). Wetin be Uruguay and Spain if them no be opposition too?
hahaha guy no mind am..mayb na mistake
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by fydence: 10:53am On Jun 08, 2013
Cusubaba: Fuckoff u low minded Ghanaian or u can as well kiss ur mother a.s.s. Hahahaha.... How can u compare ant with elephant. FIFA Confederations Cup is for Champions like Nigeria, Spain, not for minnors like Ghana Black Juju Stars who have not won anything for past 32 years. Village bastard.
IKPOKOM!.. IKPAKAM!!....You nail am well...FATALITY!!!

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Antell95(m): 11:06am On Jun 08, 2013
Patapata Naija no dey carry last.. 1st match= Naija.2 Tahiti.1
2nd Match= Naija.1 Uruguay.0 3rd Match= Naija.1 Spain.1(pk)

And Note me very well, i'm nt God..b4 sm Oyinbo a.ss.lickerz wil ask if i'm God. Tahiti(OCEANIANS) will defeat Spain by 1.0 and d goal will be scored between 70-78minutes.. CONFEDERATION CUP SEMIFINALIST= Brazil vs unknown/ Nigeria vs unknown.. Thats all.. Watch out 4 U.J.A.H

3 Likes

Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Josh316(m): 11:13am On Jun 08, 2013
CFCfan: Fun facts:

*There are a total of 8 home-based players in the squad, and 4 uncapped players.

*Mikel Obi will be making his debut in a senior FIFA international tournament (Confed cup/World Cup)

*Nigeria is on a 17 game unbeaten run in competitive matches. The last loss in a competitive game was to Guinea in October 2010, in a 2012 AFCON qualifying match.

LIES!! MIKEL Played at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Artlove(m): 11:35am On Jun 08, 2013
Antell95: Patapata Naija no dey carry last.. 1st match= Naija.2 Tahiti.1
2nd Match= Naija.1 Uruguay.0 3rd Match= Naija.1 Spain.1(pk)

And Note me very well, i'm nt God..b4 sm Oyinbo a.ss.lickerz wil ask if i'm God. Tahiti(OCEANIANS) will defeat Spain by 1.0 and d goal will be scored between 70-78minutes.. CONFEDERATION CUP SEMIFINALIST= Brazil vs unknown/ Nigeria vs unknown.. Thats all.. Watch out 4 U.J.A.H
how u tak know? u be native doctor? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by kjhova(m): 11:36am On Jun 08, 2013
I missed out on watching the likes of Odegbami & Chukwu live in SE colours. However I did get to watch the GREEN Eagles live. Yes, Green (as they were known back then) when I 1st watched Tarila Okorowanta, Rufai & Folorunso Okenla in 1988 NC qualifiers (it wasn't Afcon then).

Then Yekini, Keshi, Agu, Amokachi, Okocha, West, Kanu, Aghahowa, Yobo, Martins, Uche & today the likes of Musa, Mikel & Mba.

**holds his SE & Enyimba authentic jerseys to his heart**
**drips tears down his cheeks**

Even if we loose 10 - nil to Spain...SUPER EAGLES TILL I DIE!!!!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Nobody: 11:40am On Jun 08, 2013
Soso990240: oga,i agree wit u somhow.i tip ujah and oduamadi 2 make name 4 us and themselves.bt i dnt agree we go 2 brazil as novice,we should be goin as african champions.
and if i may ask,who are the novice
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Artlove(m): 11:42am On Jun 08, 2013
Josh316:

where u 4 see mikel played at 2010 worldcup? pls buy eye drop put it into ur eyes before u watch match. i nor want hear say yakubu does play at CONFEDERATION CUP Oh. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by kutchs: 11:46am On Jun 08, 2013
olaolaking:

In your own analysis why do you think we deserve it. Is it because we played best of football ? In the final, we did not play better than our opponent. We have to be happy we won. But buy my own standard, we are still below average. Take it
Talking about the final itself since you want an argument, tell me how many chances at goal BF created other than the clipped shot by Wilfred Sanou from a Nakoulma‘s cut back and the two speculative shots by Bance in the first half. Nigeria (even the whole world will attest) played better than Burkina Fasso. From the Ideye‘s miss from Diahkite‘s error in the 15th mins to that of the 85th mins from a Musa cross from the left flank Nigeria dominated. You would need to watch the final again to make sense of what am telling you.

We may struggle to beat Spain and Uruguay cos they may be better but saying that Nigeria has relied on luck since 1996 is a bit too silly and over the bar.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Emmy157: 11:53am On Jun 08, 2013
Buh i wonder why keshi failed to include Rashidi Yekini in d list grin
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Nobody: 11:53am On Jun 08, 2013
olaolaking:

Yet they struggled to beat Kenya 1-0
so kenya no b team?Or kenya no b human beignsor kenya players bin dey paralysed?Or kenya bin play wit only two menAsin how 9ja take struggle?Is it dat kenya are mino or what?The way sum pple they think sef.Nawa ooo

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by kjhova(m): 11:58am On Jun 08, 2013
More to the topic:
Spain are clear favourites for the Confed Cup. Italy & Brazil come 2nd. The rest queue up behind with Uruguay leading the pack arguably.
However, did anyone recall the FIFA WC 2002? The word UPSET still exists in the game and we are just on the verge of something in that order.

Vs Tahiti - Dark horses. They got here on merit and also packed kits in their baggage & not summer holiday kits. Won't be an easy game as most folks think but the SE should edge it.

Vs Spain - A code wrapped in an enigma. This is the game the SE need to not get beat. If our guys need experience, this is what it's all about. Spain is the favourites but then again, you never know.

Vs Uruguay - Balanced. If the SE get the results in the previous games, then the momentum should ride this one. If not, then we should at least appreciate the learning curve from the tourney & move on.

Realistic: 4 points
Great: 5 points
Superb: 6 points
Amazing: 7 points
WOW!!!!!: 9 points
Tripple Wow!!!!!!!!!: Confed Champions!!

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Dannyxy(m): 11:59am On Jun 08, 2013
I believe success is the sum of small efforts,repeated day in and day,we should learn to believe in our own,our team(s.e)is a work in progress,nd d mre dey play,d mre dey get better...i believe dey will do well in brazil,nd note:sucess is nt to be measured by the position that one has reached in life bt by d obstacles which he has overcome
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by samdolad(m): 12:00pm On Jun 08, 2013
Chanchit:

Are you guys for real..? Where is the killer in this squard.? Xcept a miracle happens, like the way it happened in SA, I'm afraid Tahiti might even prove a tough nut to crack.
True talk o grin
Chanchit:

Are you guys for real..? Where is the killer in this squard.? Xcept a miracle happens, like the way it happened in SA, I'm afraid Tahiti might even prove a tough nut to crack.
True talk o
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by olaolaking: 12:36pm On Jun 08, 2013
Soso990240: struggled hw? Who got d posession?who got d shots on and off target?who got more accurate passes? Guy,we ar ahead of kenya,even witout our point man emenike.

You are correct friend. But one more question you would have ask is "who is kenya? 1-15 in Africa best team Kenya can not near in any way
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jun 08, 2013
kj_hova: I missed out on watching the likes of Odegbami & Chukwu live in SE colours. However I did get to watch the GREEN Eagles live. Yes, Green (as they were known back then) when I 1st watched Tarila Okorowanta, Rufai & Folorunso Okenla in 1988 NC qualifiers (it wasn't Afcon then).

Then Yekini, Keshi, Agu, Amokachi, Okocha, West, Kanu, Aghahowa, Yobo, Martins, Uche & today the likes of Musa, Mikel & Mba.

**holds his SE & Enyimba authentic jerseys to his heart**
**drips tears down his cheeks**

Even if we loose 10 - nil to Spain...SUPER EAGLES TILL I DIE!!!!!!!

Someone give this man a medal. You are my long lost twin brother. Except the Enyimba bit. I'm a Julius Berger boy through and through.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by GOLIDIVA: 1:10pm On Jun 08, 2013
cman77: The nigerian squad is nt ok o!dis is confed cup wher d likes of spain,brazil will feature nd nt nations cup.don't forget dat d standard of african futball is still low compared european futball.4 me ideye shud nt b on dat list.he is below average.we nid above average players.he hasn't impressed 4rm d nations cup till nw.he wastes chances a lot.we don't nid such.d defence is d best we have nw but yobo shud have bin der cos of xprience.don't forget at d nations cup nigeria nomally concede late goals but wen keshi started bringin yobo in towards d end of each game we stoppd concedin late goals.d defence can't hold on to pressure 4 long.
Dogo turenchi with no meaningful contribution. Abeg shift joor! Even if they loose all their matches(which I know they won't) with this crop of players, how e tak concern u?! Pessimists on the loose everywhere. D list has been released to FIFA and there is nothing anyone of u can do now change it. What the team needs now is our support nothing more nothing less!
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by JOYCEOUS(f): 1:19pm On Jun 08, 2013
brownlord:

Them fence ur eye?

When them dey warn una for excess garr iiiiii, una go dey give una self hope say wen una don put 10 naira cowbell and 5 naira sugar say na balance diet una dey eat
Hmmn!! Oga Browny.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by HonIlesanmi(m): 1:34pm On Jun 08, 2013
Are these the best players our coach has to offer? Another miracle waiting to happen. Did i hear someone say, Nigeria will win the trophy? That's faith, with God all things are possible.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by bonna4u(m): 1:38pm On Jun 08, 2013
Chanchit:

what miracle are you talking about? We won the afcon because we deserved the triumph. Back to the topic, I agree with you on Tahiti might proof a tough nut to crack.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by SIRCONFIDENCE(m): 2:05pm On Jun 08, 2013
Josh316:

No, Mikel didn't play. He voluntarily withdrew due to injury after his inclusion in final 23players. He was replaced by Ideye
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by clow(m): 2:20pm On Jun 08, 2013
Dammiesugar: Hw abt dis kid ezekiel imoh or somtin lyk dat?4 cryin out loud,whr is ekigho ehiosun sef,stephen sunday,sone aluko,lukman haruna,apam,mannaseh ishiaku,adeleye,rabiu afolabi?r dey dead?
Babe I swear down you sabi!!!for that name u mentioned"Ekigho okosun" really you sabi.Same question I have been asking myself where is that dude.he would have been a better replacemeent for Emenike,the dude Is fast and strong.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by bonna4u(m): 2:30pm On Jun 08, 2013
The Nigerian team is filled with new faces. This could be to our advantage as we come with some elements of surprise. Greece did it in euro 2004 and naija can do it in brazil.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by otokx(m): 2:41pm On Jun 08, 2013
Keshi is on point, lets go there.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by seunny4lif(m): 2:42pm On Jun 08, 2013
born2fuckpussy:
Spain squad: Casillas (Real Madrid), Reina (Liverpool),
Valdes (Barcelona); Alba (Barcelona), Albiol (Real Madrid),
Arbeloa (Real Madrid), Azpilicueta (Chelsea), Monreal
(Arsenal), Pique (Barcelona), Ramos (Real Madrid); Busquets
(Barcelona), Cazorla (Arsenal), Fabregas (Barcelona), Iniesta
(Barcelona), Martinez (Bayern Munich), Mata (Chelsea), Navas
(Sevilla), Pedro (Barcelona), Silva (Manchester City) Xavi
(Barcelona); Torres (Chelsea), Soldado (Valencia), Villa
(Barcelona).
Why u spoil my mood now cry cry cry cry
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jun 08, 2013
seunny4lif: Why u spoil my mood now cry cry cry cry
Lol.. Let not ur heart be troubled, I know say Super eagles go make us proud
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by seunny4lif(m): 2:53pm On Jun 08, 2013
CFCfan:
Lol.. Let not ur heart be troubled, I know say Super eagles go make us proud
Hmmm,but no be peak milk be dis ooooo.....We neva can tell bt SPAIN,ok ooooooooo
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by Soso990240(m): 3:20pm On Jun 08, 2013
olaolaking:

You are correct friend. But one more question you would have ask is "who is kenya? 1-15 in Africa best team Kenya can not near in any way
u wount learn ur lessons till an unknwn country beats u 2:0.
Re: Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! by olaolaking: 3:25pm On Jun 08, 2013
Soso990240: u wount learn ur lessons till an unknwn country beats u 2:0.

It had happened to almost all the big teams in the world. You can win all the time and winning is just the last thing to use to judge in football. If I play badly but win, it will be wrong to think I have arrived

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Manchester United Could Face Points Deduction Under Premier League Rules / Sanchez Becomes The Footballer With The Second-fastest Red Card At The World Cup / Paul Pogba Deletes 'disrespectful' Tweet After Jose Mourinho Sacking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.