Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,499 members, 7,958,513 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 04:10 PM

More Facts Emmerge On Randy CBN Governor's Sexcapades - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / More Facts Emmerge On Randy CBN Governor's Sexcapades (3140 Views)

Oil Scarcity / Strike Action: More Facts Emerge As The Dust Settles / PMB / Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

More Facts Emmerge On Randy CBN Governor's Sexcapades by dougivilla(m): 9:00pm On Jun 07, 2013
Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, Nigeria's Central
Bank Governor, appears unable to shake
off a report that he funneled public funds
to Maryam Yaro, a married mistress whom
he gave a job at the bank he oversees. Premium Times was first to report the scandal in
which Mr. Sanusi was accused of abusing his
office in order to advance an amorous
relationship with a woman. Several sources told SaharaReporters that
Premium Times has been under intense
pressure from associates of the CBN Governor
since the expose was published. In the wake of
the report, the CBN also issued a widely
circulated rebuttal claiming that Ms. Yaro was never a staff of the bank, that she was
employed at Nigeria Incentive-based Risk
Sharing Systems For Agricultural Lending
(NIRSAL), and that the governor had no hand in
her recruitment. But records obtained by SaharaReporters
suggest that the bank's claims are an attempt to
muddle up the facts. NIRSAL, to which Ms. Yaro
is attached, is a special purpose vehicle (SPV)
set up by the Federal Government through a
partnership between the CBN and the Federal Ministry of Agriculture. Besides, the project is
domiciled in the Development Finance
Department of the CBN. It is the CBN's human resource department that
hires staff for NIRSAL, and it is Mr. Sanusi who
approves all recruitments into the agency,
insiders say. Records available to us indeed showed that,
contrary to the CBN's claims, Mr. Sanusi
directly and personally approved Ms. Yaro's
recruitment. Investigations by SaharaReporters revealed
that, after approving Ms. Yaro's hiring and
sending her file back to the bank's human
resource department, Mr. Sanusi sent a
message to his mistress on June 25, 2012
saying, "I'm in South Africa. I approved your recruitment last week." Ten minutes later, Ms. Yaro responded: "You
have made my day. Thank you so much. Let
me know when you are back." When the human resource department delayed
in sending her appointment letter, Ms. Yaro
contacted Mr. Sanusi to complain. "I have not heard anything from CBN since you
approved my recruitment," she wrote in a July
9, 2012 message. "Is there anything I need to
do?" A source told SaharaReporters that, following
her complaint, Mr. Sanusi contacted the CBN
human resource department urging them to
expedite action on her case. Eight days later, on July 17, 2012, Ms. Yaro
informed Mr. Sanusi that the human resource
department had finally acted on his instruction. "Allah nguro, I have been issued my letter of
offer," she said in a message. "Thank you so
much. When can I come and see you?" When she submitted her acceptance letter to
human resource, Ms. Yaro promptly informed
Mr Sanusi and thanked him again for helping
her to get the job. After Ms. Yaro assumed duties at the CBN
headquarters in Abuja, the human resource
department produced a business card for her.
In it she was described as follows: "Dr. Maryam
W. Yaro, Nirsal Project Implementation Office
(NPIO), Development Finance Department, Central Bank of Nigeria." Even the documents released by the CBN are
clear as to whether Ms. Yaro could be regarded
as a staff of the CBN, and whether the governor
played a role in her recruitment. For instance, official memos detailing the
processes leading to her recruitment are
marked "internal," originating from NIRSAL to
other units of the bank. Her appointment letter,
written on CBN letterhead, was signed by
Chizoba Mojekwu, director, human resources department of the bank. The CBN's so-called rebuttal did not say why its
human resource director would sign an
appointment letter for a staff or consultant of
another agency independent of the bank. In its rebuttal, the bank provided evidence of
communications leading to Ms. Yaro's
employment in 2012, but provided none relating
to any public announcement of the vacancy
she filled. The law requires that such a post
must be publicly announced to enable interested candidates to apply. The details show that the bank treated Ms.
Yaro's employment expressly, with memos
between NIRSAL office and CBN's top
management indicating how Mr. Sanusi
endorsed her recruitment. In one document seen by SaharaReporters, a
helpless staff of the bank raised concern about
Ms. Yaro's recruitment. In a memo requesting
Mr. Sanusi's approval of the recruitment, the
concerned staff minuted: "Please approve as
prayed above. We should take into account diversity in future recruitment." In approving the recruitment, Mr. Sanusi
dismissed the staff's concern, and wrote:
"Approved. I think gender is a good basis for
diversity here and candidate is qualified." Ms. Yaro's recruitment process took a matter of
weeks, and she received her letter of offer in
July 17, 2012 and promptly communicated
same to the CBN boss while also informing him
of her planned date of assumption of duties. Some sources within the CBN suggested to
SaharaReporters that some of the documents
circulated by the CBN were forged and
backdated as a face-saving measure. However,
SaharaReporters was unable to independently
confirm the allegation. SaharaReporters learned that the details of the
affair between Mr. Sanusi and Ms. Yaro have
stirred anger and outrage within the bank and
beyond. Critics have focused on the fact that
Mr. Sanusi, a public officer, traveled on jets
funded by taxpayers to keep appointments with Ms. Yaro at expensive hotels. Until this scandal
broke, Mr. Sanusi was highly respected even if
some of his policies, like doling cash to victims
of terrorist attacks in Kano, were controversial. Mr. Sanusi led revolutionary reforms in the
banks when he came on board in 2009 and has
remained critical and outspoken on several
government policies despite serving in the
administration. He has also repeatedly
advocated adherence to the rule of law. On the other hand, Mr. Sanusi has had his
defenders. Many of these defenders have
brushed aside glaring evidence of misconduct
by Nigeria's chief banker, instead accusing
news reporters who worked on the story of
witch-hunting Mr. Sanusi and attempting to defame him. Senior officials of Premium Times said they
expected the backlash, even as they stated that
they stood firmly by their story. "We knew the
story was going to shock a lot of people," said
Idris Akinbajo acting managing editor at the
publication. "We were under no illusion that it would take a lot of time for many to swallow the
bitter truth of the revelations made in the story."
He added, "We have discharged our
responsibility of providing information we
believe citizens need in order to hold officials
accountable. Mr. Akinbajo continued, "Our job is done, as we
will only continue to provide additional
information as necessary. It is left for Nigerians
to either demand accountability or live without it
- and so continue to celebrate the indiscretions
of their leaders." The executive added: "We stand firmly by our
story and look forward to the moment the CBN
Governor will boldly look Nigerians in the face
and say any of the things we reported did not
happen." naij.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: More Facts Emmerge On Randy CBN Governor's Sexcapades by Dreal1247: 9:12pm On Jun 07, 2013
Time for vengeance. He that lives in a glass house should not throw stones.
Re: More Facts Emmerge On Randy CBN Governor's Sexcapades by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jun 07, 2013
see wetin Bleep dey cause
Re: More Facts Emmerge On Randy CBN Governor's Sexcapades by peleson: 9:31pm On Jun 07, 2013
I tell u, this is how they recruit, even kayode diring his time as aviation minister under OBJ flooded aviation with yorubas now mallam is flooding cbn
Re: More Facts Emmerge On Randy CBN Governor's Sexcapades by kelvincoll(m): 9:42pm On Jun 07, 2013
"Beside every succesful man is a woman.... Beside every falling man is...?

There sure is an iota of truh in this allegation but it didn't start during SLS and everything goes in this country. Make una allow the Mallam finish em tenure go jare.
Re: More Facts Emmerge On Randy CBN Governor's Sexcapades by chax100(f): 10:25pm On Jun 07, 2013
Bottom power!
Re: More Facts Emmerge On Randy CBN Governor's Sexcapades by dougivilla(m): 11:37pm On Jun 07, 2013
I just hope all these have nothing to do with 2015? Abi the pre and post consolidation or recapitalisation enemies of SLS finally got him where they want him??

Maybe they wanted to tell the world that what he says in the open is different from what he does in secret, cos these 'facts' reveal 'infractions' (a la Sanusi) that are damn too detailed for comfort. Do we really have any politician or public servant we can look up to in this country?

Nigeria is in dire need of true role models. We thought Farouk was going to be one; he failed us all. Attention was then shifted to SLS, but now we know they're all the same afterall!!!
Re: More Facts Emmerge On Randy CBN Governor's Sexcapades by Nobody: 5:44am On Jun 08, 2013
I pity the gullible masses that swallow whatever comes from these crop of self-appointed messiahs who pontificate over issues as if they are super human & have a solution to all our problems.
If we know what goes on behind the scene...only if we know...we would stone the ones that make the most noise about integrity cos they are the most guilty. At least, others have the conscience not to pretend or make others look bad.

4 Likes

Re: More Facts Emmerge On Randy CBN Governor's Sexcapades by Nobody: 7:32am On Jun 08, 2013
Abeg where is JARUS to clear the air.

1 Like

Re: More Facts Emmerge On Randy CBN Governor's Sexcapades by ITbomb(m): 8:55am On Jun 08, 2013
In civilized countries , that dude ought to have resign long ago honorably
Re: More Facts Emmerge On Randy CBN Governor's Sexcapades by gramci: 9:10am On Jun 08, 2013
Kamanda: Abeg where is JARUS to clear the air.

cheesy cheesy patiently waiting for him
Re: More Facts Emmerge On Randy CBN Governor's Sexcapades by hillsate: 9:40am On Jun 08, 2013
Dreal1247: Time for vengeance. He that lives in a glass house should not throw stones.

Except your glass house is bullet proof.

1 Like

Re: More Facts Emmerge On Randy CBN Governor's Sexcapades by Nobody: 10:55am On Jun 08, 2013
I always knew Sanusi was a fraud and it was only a matter of time before he gets found out. This guy invented a crisis that did not exist and claimed to solve it. Thats how he became a hero for some people. I never believed any of it. No where else in the world do you have Central bank or Reserve Bank heads dolling out cash as charity willy nilly to whoever he pleases.

Sanusi must respond to this accusations and resign immediately. Nigeria and our Banking industry will be a better place without him in office. Risk Manager my foot!

3 Likes

Re: More Facts Emmerge On Randy CBN Governor's Sexcapades by Olaone1: 11:18am On Jun 08, 2013
Kamanda: Abeg where is JARUS to clear the air.
grin grin
And the media and the journalists.

To be fair, he's not in support of Mr Sanusi right now undecided
Re: More Facts Emmerge On Randy CBN Governor's Sexcapades by Jarus(m): 6:40pm On Jun 08, 2013
Ola one:
grin grin
And the media and the journalists.

To be fair, he's not in support of Mr Sanusi right now undecided

SLS fall for my hand big time and I told him to his face(phone).

I don't know Premium Times for lying or for fabricating stories. Even if everyone has a price, PT's price is literally prohibitive. I even rate PT ahead of SR in terms of accuracy (SR rushes to press without concluding their investigations sometimes, hence some inconsistencies e.g chaning Patience Jonathan's nature of ailment up to 6 times).

Plus the guys behind PT have a history of high level investigative journalism. MM and IA won African imvestigative journalism award.

Directly contacted one of them and he confirmed their story was real. Also did some personal checks within CBN and FBN and even a top newspaper editor. Unfortunately, the stories I heard are not amusing.

I expressed my disappointment to him, when I can't chest it. The guy fall my hand.

Still a brilliant dude, but this is a low.

6 Likes

Re: More Facts Emmerge On Randy CBN Governor's Sexcapades by anonimi: 6:51pm On Jun 08, 2013
utumunta: I pity the gullible masses that swallow whatever comes from these crop of self-appointed messiahs who pontificate over issues as if they are super human & have a solution to all our problems.
If we know what goes on behind the scene...only if we know...we would stone the ones that make the most noise about integrity cos they are the most guilty. At least, others have the conscience not to pretend or make others look bad.

Thanks for putting the generally dire situation we Nigerians find ourselves.
Your post reflects my stand against the impostors who pretend to be progressives while stealing just as well if not more from the people compared to the docile, dumb guys they consistently paint black and demonise as they chop up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: More Facts Emmerge On Randy CBN Governor's Sexcapades by superior1: 6:53pm On Jun 08, 2013
Jarus:

I don't know Premium Times for lying or for fabricating stories. Even if everyone has a price, PT's price is literally prohibitive. I even rate PT ahead of SR in terms of accuracy (SR rushes to press without concluding their investigations sometimes, hence some inconsistencies e.g chaning Patience Jonathan's nature of ailment up to 6 times).

Plus the guys behind PT have a history of high level investigative journalism. MM and IA won African imvestigative journalism award.

Directly contacted one of them and he confirmed their story was real. Also did some personal checks within CBN and FBN and even a top newspaper editor. Unfortunately, the stories I heard are not amusing.

I expressed my disappointment to him, when I can't chest it. The guy fall my hand.

Jarus, so you aren't defending your friend on this, the guy must have dropped your hand big time then??.
What i find disturbing is the level of hypocrisy, asking Govt to caught expenses whereas flying allover the place on chartered flights to keep appointment with his mistress.
Re: More Facts Emmerge On Randy CBN Governor's Sexcapades by Garrithe1st: 6:59pm On Jun 08, 2013
superior1:
Jarus, so you aren't defending your friend on this??

Sannusi's action is indefensible!!

Only a paid hack would defend SLS especially with the clear evidence available...

Very sad!!

2 Likes

Re: More Facts Emmerge On Randy CBN Governor's Sexcapades by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jun 08, 2013
chei!

like so may other great men, SLS has allowed his dciik to be his undoing sad sad sad
Re: More Facts Emmerge On Randy CBN Governor's Sexcapades by superior1: 7:13pm On Jun 08, 2013
Garri the 1st:

Only a paid hack would defend SLS especially with the clear evidence available...

Very sad!!

You can say that again
Re: More Facts Emmerge On Randy CBN Governor's Sexcapades by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jun 08, 2013
Jarus:

If Nigerians behave the way you behaved now, we would have a better future. The fact it has happened to SLS doesn't mean other political officers holders are free from one scandal or the other. To be frank, Nigeria matter don tire me. undecided

2 Likes

Re: More Facts Emmerge On Randy CBN Governor's Sexcapades by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jun 08, 2013
In a civilized society, Sanusi would have resigned before now, but this is Nigeria were anything goes. cry
Re: More Facts Emmerge On Randy CBN Governor's Sexcapades by anonimi: 7:26pm On Jun 08, 2013
superior1:

Jarus, so you aren't defending your friend on this, the guy must have dropped your hand big time then??.
What i find disturbing is the level of hypocrisy, asking Govt to caught expenses whereas flying allover the place on chartered flights to keep appointment with his mistress.

Of course HYPOCRISY probably is our greatest defining characteristic as Nigerians. Are we not deeply religious and champions of our ethnic and family groups

Hence SLS is being very much a typical Nigerian when he asks OTHER government agents and officials to CUT their expenses as long as he enjoys his own priviledges. How many Nigerian leaders have you not heard PUBLICLY criticising corruption and sometimes ACTING and PRETENDING as if butter cannot melt in his mouth? Just take a look at his assets and routine daily expenditure COMPARED to his legitimate salary and you will see the HYPOCRISY crystal clear.

Let us not forget the pastors and imams who are civil servants and private sector employees who live BEYOND their legitimate income and even go ahead to give tesimonies of God's goodness to them.
Re: More Facts Emmerge On Randy CBN Governor's Sexcapades by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jun 08, 2013
There is not a lot in this story we have not heard before

But Sanusi came to office claiming to be head and shoulders above everyone else on morality and integrity and then goes on to use his office to influence the employment of his gf and did not even bother advertising the job for others to apply, then use our collective funds to fund his romance and rendezvoux! I always knew this guy was a fraud, thinking about it how many Reserve Bank chairmen donate money to people willy nilly the way this guy does.

I am waiting for how long it will take for this fraud of a man to tender his resignation! This guy is as morally bankrupt as the rest of us. If he will destroy the lives and careers of others in the name of morality and integrity then he should be grown up enough to face the consequences of his immorality.

He must resign immediately!

2 Likes

Re: More Facts Emmerge On Randy CBN Governor's Sexcapades by Itoroetti(m): 8:01pm On Jun 08, 2013
Well,sanusi may have some back up to this.let's watch out for part 3.
Re: More Facts Emmerge On Randy CBN Governor's Sexcapades by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jun 08, 2013
I can see Akingbola and Mrs Ibru dancing Azonto.
Re: More Facts Emmerge On Randy CBN Governor's Sexcapades by superior1: 8:47pm On Jun 08, 2013
mikeansy: There is not a lot in this story we have not heard before

But Sanusi came to office claiming to be head and shoulders above everyone else on morality and integrity and then goes on to use his office to influence the employment of his gf and did not even bother advertising the job for others to apply, then use our collective funds to fund his romance and rendezvoux! I always knew this guy was a fraud, thinking about it how many Reserve Bank chairmen donate money to people willy nilly the way this guy does.

I am waiting for how long it will take for this fraud of a man to tender his resignation! This guy is as morally bankrupt as the rest of us. If he will destroy the lives and careers of others in the name of morality and integrity then he should be grown up enough to face the consequences of his immorality.

He must resign immediately!

And he was even asking that Akingbola and co be hanged for stealing from depositors whereas he man sef na barawo using tax payers money to live like the Emir of Nigeria. I think EFCC should check up on this guy and make him explain why we need to be paying him to sleep with his ashewos
Re: More Facts Emmerge On Randy CBN Governor's Sexcapades by gramci: 11:01pm On Jun 08, 2013
Jarus:

He didn't foool me with his sanctimonious posture.
Re: More Facts Emmerge On Randy CBN Governor's Sexcapades by Jarus(m): 7:06am On Jun 09, 2013
Garri the 1st:

Very sad!!

This is beyond defence.

Of course, I'm not on his payroll, all the defence I did in the past were out of personal convictions, never because of any gratification. So it is easy for me to 'port'.

Still respects him as a brilliant guy, but I may not be able to vouch for his morality again.

2 Likes

Re: More Facts Emmerge On Randy CBN Governor's Sexcapades by Nobody: 8:23am On Jun 09, 2013
If Sanusi does not immediately resign for breaking the code of conduct of his office

I expect the NASS assembly to summon him, there are enough grounds to sack him for the following reasons:

Offering a public service role to his gf without advertising the job and following due process
unduly influencing the decision making process in the recruitment of his gf
using public resources for his personal romance and rendezvoux with his gf
Re: More Facts Emmerge On Randy CBN Governor's Sexcapades by ITbomb(m): 8:40am On Jun 09, 2013
Jarus:

If it is possible to clone you and attach to every politician in Nigeria , we would have a much better country.
Like I said before , in civilized country this dude should have resigned long ago pending the conclusion of investigations not putting disgraceful defence.
Re: More Facts Emmerge On Randy CBN Governor's Sexcapades by plendil: 10:23am On Jun 09, 2013
oyb: chei!

like so may other great men, SLS has allowed his dciik to be his undoing sad sad sad

And the list just keeps on growing!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Before You Call Oshiomole Names, Consider This / Obasanjo Ought To Be In Jail - APGA / Seun Osewa, Posterity Will Judge You!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.