Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,207 members, 7,953,766 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:56 AM

Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread - Car Talk (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread (207647 Views)

Pls Help Needed With 1999 Nissan Infiniti Qx4 Ac / Nissan/infiniti Car Thread / Nissan Infiniti 1999-2002 Qx4 Against Toyota 2000 Camry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (87) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by drumma(m): 7:15pm On Nov 11, 2014
@ aieromon.... God bless you for this piece, I really appreciate it checked the website and I noticed noticed it has to do with the manual transmission as sated below:

P1815 INFINITI

P1815 INFINITI - Manual Mode Switch

Possible causes
-Harness or connectors(These switches circuit is open or shorted.)
-Mode select switch (Built into A/T control device)
-Position select switch (Built into A/T control device) Help with this
Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1815 INFINITI Description
Manual mode switch is installed in A/T device. It sends manual mode switch, shift up and shift down switch
signals to TCM.
TCM sends the switch signals to combination meter. by CAN communication line. Then manual mode switch
position is indicated on the A/T indicator.

Read more: http://nissanhelp.com/diy/obd_codes/p1815_infiniti.html#ixzz3ImZAAEBA

However they didn't write the possible solutions to clear the error...

aieromon:

http://nissanhelp.com/diy/obd_codes/p1815_infiniti.html

http://engine-codes.com/u1000_infiniti.html

You need to see a competent autoelectrician to check the connectors and ground wiring. The a/c fan should be checked as well.

I wonder why your baby is misbehaving.....

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 11, 2014
drumma:
P1815 INFINITI - Manual Mode Switch

Possible causes
-Harness or connectors(These switches circuit is open or shorted.)
-Mode select switch (Built into A/T control device)
-Position select switch (Built into A/T control device) Help with this
Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1815 INFINITI Description
Manual mode switch is installed in A/T device. It sends manual mode switch, shift up and shift down switch
signals to TCM.
TCM sends the switch signals to combination meter. by CAN communication line. Then manual mode switch
position is indicated on the A/T indicator.

However they didn't write the possible solutions to clear the error...

The causes are the solution. What's the year of your FX?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by drumma(m): 9:35pm On Nov 11, 2014
2005 FX35

Costee:

The causes are the solution. What's the year of your FX?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 11:07pm On Nov 11, 2014
drumma:
2005 FX35

The A/T control device is the collective term for the components under the shift lever. Therein is to be found the manual mode select/position switch with a white connector which the code is referring to.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by drumma(m): 8:50am On Nov 12, 2014
Soooo @ costee, what is the solution to fix this? this english terms wan pieces my brain...

Costee:

The A/T control device is the collective term for the components under the shift lever. Therein is to be found the manual mode select/position switch with a white connector which the code is referring to.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 9:20am On Nov 12, 2014
drumma:
Soooo @ costee, what is the solution to fix this? this english terms wan pieces my brain...

Your technician should be able to find his way in removing the A/T control device and locating the switch. Or better still, contact Nissparts; this should be easy for him.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nissparts(m): 9:35am On Nov 12, 2014
drumma,

What symptoms do you have?
Those codes might be previous codes
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 12, 2014
@All is it possible to get the Infinity FX35 Stainless Mesh Grille IN Nigeria?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by drumma(m): 8:05pm On Nov 12, 2014
@nissparts... thanks for your contribution... Im not sure if i have any symptoms yet... since I'm still kinda new to infiniti but I want to below that the car drives okay unless that Im skeptical as to why I have to rev up to like 2000 & above before the car moves that seems to eat up my fuel... maybe I need to bring it to your shop for proper check up .... also my cd player doesn't work, it keeps saying disk error... can it be fixed[quote

nissparts:
drumma,

What symptoms do you have?
Those codes might be previous codes

author=Costee post=27940625]
Your technician should be able to find his way in removing the A/T control device and locating the switch. Or better still, contact Nissparts; this should be easy for him. [/quote]

@costee thanks so much for your help ..... airmen I sight you too.... God bless ya'll
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by drumma(m): 2:07pm On Nov 14, 2014
Helloooooo
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by paul234(m): 7:55pm On Nov 15, 2014
I drive a 2002 nissan almera, I got it 8 months ago.
The car hasn't been in real time usage until 2month
back...Howeva jst last week I started to hear sum kind
of noise frm the engine wich was confirmed to be the
engine chain and has affected the chain guard and
adjuster,so therefore I opt for repair wich cost me
close to 18k....After work done,the engine now works
perfectly but my car started exhausting smoke.

PLS, WHAT CAN I DO?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by FullDepth1: 8:54am On Nov 17, 2014
paul234:
I drive a 2002 nissan almera, I got it 8 months ago.
The car hasn't been in real time usage until 2month
back...Howeva jst last week I started to hear sum kind
of noise frm the engine wich was confirmed to be the
engine chain and has affected the chain guard and
adjuster,so therefore I opt for repair wich cost me
close to 18k....After work done,the engine now works
perfectly but my car started exhausting smoke.

PLS, WHAT CAN I DO?

What kind of Smoke? Black Smoke or White Smoke?

You have to be specific..
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by paul234(m): 4:24pm On Nov 17, 2014
FullDepth1:

What kind of Smoke? Black Smoke or White Smoke?

You have to be specific..

Thanks for the response,white smoke sir.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by tkovie2002(m): 11:56pm On Nov 17, 2014
Hi,

I took my car (2004 Nissan Murano SE AWD) to a diagnostic center and when it was checked, the following codes came out:

C1103 - FR RH SENSOR - 1

C1107 - FR RH SENSOR - 2

C1143 - ST ANG SEN CIRCUIT

P1111 - INT/V TIM V/CIR-B1

P0550 - PW ST P SEN/CIRC

P1031 - A/F SEN1 HTR(B1)

Please I would like detailed explanations on these codes and possible solutions.

ALSO, My car consumes fuel alot. When I checked online, the average MPG for a 2004 Nissan Murano SE AWD is 18/23 mpg (City / Highway). But my trip computer shows that my car runs on 8.8MPG Which is almost twice the consumption of a 2014 Bentley GTC (15/24 mpg). I thought it was misreading so each time I go to the petrol station, I clear my trip computer and calculate how many miles I drive until my tank goes empty and that is exactly what I get. So please I want you all to proffer the best solutions to my problems as I don't want to spend excess money taking the car to a NISSAN dealership. I have access to a good diagnostic center/Mechanic here but I want to first understand my problem and explore all possible solutions.

This morning, I was doing my regular oil, water and coolant check and when I turned on the car to idle for some minutes, I noticed the odometer needle rising up to 30MPH while the car was running idle and the gear was in Park (P). I'm really confused right now and don't know what next to do.

I hope someone has a solution to my "truckload" of problems LOL.

THanks
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nissparts(m): 6:47am On Nov 18, 2014
You can easily google the codes instead of expecting help for the "truckload" of issues but i'll chip in this. The front abs sensors are either disconnected or bad. Thats why you have the first 2 codes and thats why your speedometer moves while idle.
For the last code, the oxygen sensor on top at the back needs to be checked/replaced.

Note also that you can easily get 8mpg on a 3.5 engine that has no issues if your daily commute is riddled with stop and go traffic. Also,most importantly, the 18/23mpg specification you read is based on usage of PREMIUM fuel which is not available in Nigeria. The Murano and other vehicles requiring premium can never perform optimally fuel economy wise, in this environment
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by lungwun(m): 10:59am On Nov 18, 2014
Hey Nissparts,

You quite obviously are the Siena of this section. I'm looking at getting an FX35 (2006) or G35 (2007) for the wife. She has only had Hondas, I have only had BMW's.

On a scale of 0 - absolutely hopeless, how good are our mechanics when dealing with the 'BMW from Japan'?

Plus, If you were to get one of the afore mentioned rides, which would you go for?

when doing a pre-purchase inspection, what should i be looking out for? Squeaks, rattles, oil leakages, etc?

P.S please no one tell Shagati i have been looking at Infiniti wink

1 Like

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nissparts(m): 1:26pm On Nov 18, 2014
lungwun:
Hey Nissparts,

You quite obviously are the Siena of this section. I'm looking at getting an FX35 (2006) or G35 (2007) for the wife. She has only had Hondas, I have only had BMW's.

On a scale of 0 - absolutely hopeless, how good are our mechanics when dealing with the 'BMW from Japan'?

Plus, If you were to get one of the afore mentioned rides, which would you go for?

when doing a pre-purchase inspection, what should i be looking out for? Squeaks, rattles, oil leakages, etc?

If it's for the Missus, she'll prefer the FX but all things being equal, the G35 will be a better choice maintenance cost wise.
For checks, concentrate on condition of the engine, everything else is moin moin if issues arise.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by tkovie2002(m): 1:31pm On Nov 18, 2014
nissparts:
You can easily google the codes instead of expecting help for the "truckload" of issues but i'll chip in this. The front abs sensors are either disconnected or bad. Thats why you have the first 2 codes and thats why your speedometer moves while idle.
For the last code, the oxygen sensor on top at the back needs to be checked/replaced.

Note also that you can easily get 8mpg on a 3.5 engine that has no issues if your daily commute is riddled with stop and go traffic. Also,most importantly, the 18/23mpg specification you read is based on usage of PREMIUM fuel which is not available in Nigeria. The Murano and other vehicles requiring premium can never perform optimally fuel economy wise, in this environment

Thanks for the help. I reside in Ghana and we do have two grades of fuel over here SUPER(Normal Fuel) & VPOWER (Performance Fuel) which is more expensive. I guess the performance fuel is same as premium fuel and that is what I buy now but I don't see any difference. It was the same mileage I got with super that I got with the performance fuel.

As for traffic, my daily commute doesn't have any serious traffic. The worst traffic I find here is not as bad as the ones in Port Harcourt let alone Almighty Lagos traffic. So I don't think that should have any serious effect. I'm not expecting the actual 18/23mpg at least due to the age of the car, but not 8.8 Thats totally ridiculous.

Any more suggestions are very much welcome.

Thanks
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nissparts(m): 1:51pm On Nov 18, 2014
Change the oxygen sensor and observe differences in the mpg
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Shagati(m): 2:05pm On Nov 18, 2014
lungwun:
Hey Nissparts,

nissparts:

If it's for the Missus, she'll prefer the FX but all things being equal, the G35 will be a better choice maintenance cost wise.
For checks, concentrate on condition of the engine, everything else is moin moin if issues arise.

@ lungwum......BUSTED! grin

Nissparts,
Please tell me 2nd Gen FX issues are also akara? embarassed
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by drumma(m): 2:10pm On Nov 18, 2014
Nissparts... na so you hopelessly leave me for dark sha..... I wee kash you no worry....

nissparts:
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nissparts(m): 2:26pm On Nov 18, 2014
Shagati:

@ lungwum......BUSTED! grin

Nissparts,
Please tell me 2nd Gen FX issues are also akara? embarassed

Bros, not quite.
Body parts are expensive and though not prevalent, electrical issues can occur and can be both difficult and expensive to resolve
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by tkovie2002(m): 2:43pm On Nov 18, 2014
nissparts:
Thanks for the advise. Please how do I know the sensor to buy? Is there a part number or can I just get anyone that fits?

Also I understand there are more than one oxygen sensors in the car, which do I change?

Thanks
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nissparts(m): 3:39pm On Nov 18, 2014
tkovie2002:

Thanks for the advise. Please how do I know the sensor to buy? Is there a part number or can I just get anyone that fits?

Also I understand there are more than one oxygen sensors in the car, which do I change?

Thanks

I already answered your question about location of the sensor earlier.
22693-7Y020
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by KA24DETT(m): 10:22am On Nov 26, 2014
nissparts:

The VQ engine are bulletproof .
Don't bother with it
Check the CV shaft and suspension.
Suspension is big in Nigeria Cus of bad road, linkages, shock absorbers , brakes .
Those are important and how the tenant shifts.
Nissan power train are very good.
Owned them for the past 10years.

1 Like

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by KA24DETT(m): 10:24am On Nov 26, 2014
nissparts:

Anything can cause bad MPG..
Underinflated tires , clogged airfilter , no thermostat (most nigerians ), traffic with AC on .
So many reasons and moreover bad 02 sensor will most likely throw a code
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by KA24DETT(m): 10:27am On Nov 26, 2014
tkovie2002:

Thanks for the help. I reside in Ghana and we do have two grades of fuel over here SUPER(Normal Fuel) & VPOWER (Performance Fuel) which is more expensive. I guess the performance fuel is same as premium fuel and that is what I buy now but I don't see any difference. It was the same mileage I got with super that I got with the performance fuel.

As for traffic, my daily commute doesn't have any serious traffic. The worst traffic I find here is not as bad as the ones in Port Harcourt let alone Almighty Lagos traffic. So I don't think that should have any serious effect. I'm not expecting the actual 18/23mpg at least due to the age of the car, but not 8.8 Thats totally ridiculous.

Any more suggestions are very much welcome.

Thanks
1. Check air in tire
2 . Run scan to check for any code .
3. Is your thermostat removed ?
4. When did you change your spark plugs ?
5. when did you change air filter ?
6. You always have AC on ?
7. How many mins is your commute one way ?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nissparts(m): 11:31am On Nov 26, 2014
KA24DETT:

Anything can cause bad MPG..
Underinflated tires , clogged airfilter , no thermostat (most nigerians ), traffic with AC on .
So many reasons and moreover bad 02 sensor will most likely throw a code

How about actually reading a complaint before typing a response.

He has an o2 sensor code
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nissparts(m): 11:33am On Nov 26, 2014
KA24DETT:

The VQ engine are bulletproof .
Don't bother with it
Check the CV shaft and suspension.
Suspension is big in Nigeria Cus of bad road, linkages, shock absorbers , brakes .
Those are important and how the tenant shifts.
Nissan power train are very good.
Owned them for the past 10years.

Bullet-proof you say?
So, if the previous owner used it for 2 years without changing the oil, he should not bother since the engine is "bullet-proof", he should only bother to check suspension, right?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by abbijunaid: 4:31pm On Nov 26, 2014
Hello Everyone
Question, I have an Infinity QX56 2009 in the USA, I am moving to to Nigeria with it ,. A) I am worried about security as I am being told Car Theft is extremely common and I am not sure if My Infinity is highly desirable to thieves B) Are there companies that can insure my car against Theft in Nigeria C) Are USA Model cars allowed on Nigerian roads.

Please forgive my JJC questions, I have been away for a while and not too sure how this things are. I wouldn't mind selling my car here in the USA before coming and buy something else there.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nissparts(m): 5:42pm On Nov 26, 2014
abbijunaid:
Hello Everyone
Question, I have an Infinity QX56 2009 in the USA, I am moving to to Nigeria with it ,. A) I am worried about security as I am being told Car Theft is extremely common and I am not sure if My Infinity is highly desirable to thieves B) Are there companies that can insure my car against Theft in Nigeria C) Are USA Model cars allowed on Nigerian roads.
Please forgive my JJC questions, I have been away for a while and not too sure how this things are. I wouldn't mind selling my car here in the USA before coming and buy something else there.

A. No it is not
B. Yes there are
C. Yes they are

1 Like

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by KA24DETT(m): 3:50am On Nov 27, 2014
nissparts:

Bullet-proof you say?
So, if the previous owner used it for 2 years without changing the oil, he should not bother since the engine is "bullet-proof", he should only bother to check suspension, right?

Ahhh, If there is something I know about Nigerians, they love their oil changes... Using wrong grade of oil? Likely but no oil change , I doubt that .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (87) (Reply)

The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread / What Causes A Car To Start Consuming Fuel Excessively / Help.my Honda Crv Drive "d" Indicator Light Blinks (Now solved)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.