Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,250 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread (199164 Views)

Pls Help Needed With 1999 Nissan Infiniti Qx4 Ac / Nissan/infiniti Car Thread / Nissan Infiniti 1999-2002 Qx4 Against Toyota 2000 Camry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (87) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by KA24DETT(m): 7:31pm On Jun 11, 2013
xerotop: am seriously considering PORTING from my childhood fantasies(BMW) to an infinity FX45.
probably a 2006 model. am being frustrated by my mechanic.
av been carrying out so much research abt the FX. av discovered so much abt them.
and i think am going to PORT very soon.
you hardly find the FX in garages lying fallow.
for the fuel aspect of the FX, i think God will take care of dat

infinity gurus in the house, kindly shed more light on the FX especially the 45 as am so interested in that beast of a crossover

It's a very good car with amazing engine . Don't let your mechanic deter you away from it. Burns a lot of fuel but you got 8 mouths to feed (V8).
Don't let your mechanic play apprentice with it .

4 Likes

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jun 12, 2013
yungboss:
do you have idea how much the 2006 G35 5AT will cost or the 2006 FX45?
I also heard they have transmission issues too.
I know of no such notoriety.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by yungboss(m): 2:23pm On Jun 12, 2013
Costee:
I know of no such notoriety.
but what about dash-bubbles on the FX? I heard it's common.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jun 12, 2013
yungboss:
I can't confirm that. But nothing of such on my M45.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by yungboss(m): 2:42pm On Jun 12, 2013
Costee:
I can't confirm that. But nothing of such on my M45.
okay sir. Sorry for the many questions, i'm interested in the infiniti, the G35 and the FX45...hence my many questions.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jun 12, 2013
yungboss:
okay sir. Sorry for the many questions, i'm interested in the infiniti, the G35 and the FX45...hence my many questions.
That's the idea of the forum. Always a pleasure to be of help.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by xerotop(m): 4:18pm On Jun 12, 2013
yungboss:
I mentioned the 330i...the 335i is a 3.0 twin turbo 300bhp and 300lb-ft of torque...which is much quicker than the VQ35...do you have idea how much the 2006 G35 5AT will cost or the 2006 FX45?
I also heard they have transmission issues too.
yungboss:

The FX is not know with transmission failures. At least from a fews friends dat owns them for some years now. Also from reviews av read. As long as regular maintenance is done and with recomemded ATF. I read dat recomended atf is nissan matic S.
as 4 bubble dash, read its common in the first generation FX. One of d reasons i decided to go 4 the '06 model which is d introduction of the 2nd generation FX.

My concern now is how to get premium unleaded with recomended octane rating.
I learnt i can alway use octane booster.
I guess problem solved
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nissparts(m): 4:42pm On Jun 12, 2013
Octane booster does not work.
The bubble dash affects all the FX models especially the ones with black trim.
It is majorly caused by using dashboard "shining" products and heat.
Avoid using the shining products and you should be fine.

1 Like

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by KA24DETT(m): 4:47pm On Jun 12, 2013
nissparts: Octane booster does not work.

When the car interior temp heats up , the bubble dash appears. If you are careful where you park your car and buy a windscreen sun reflector., you can reduce it .
It's a pain but eventually it gets you .

What's the octane rating for the fuel in Nigeria? You can't add octane booster when you don't know your starting point.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by xerotop(m): 6:32pm On Jun 12, 2013
nissparts: Octane booster does not work.

@ nissparts, thx 4 d response. I saw ur posts on a nissan thread. I cld conclude u have a garage for nissan and infinity repairs & mtnce. its good to av u around just in case. Lols.

Back to the discussion, if octane booster will not work, whats d way out of fuel not meeting the standard. As u know d FX45 needs a minimum of 93% octane rating.
Kindly suggest wot to do.
KA24DETT:

When the car interior temp heats up , the bubble dash appears. If you are careful where you park your car and buy a windscreen sun reflector., you can reduce it .
It's a pain but eventually it gets you .

What's the octane rating for the fuel in Nigeria? You can't add octane booster when you don't know your starting point.

Octane rating in nigeria is btw 89 and 90.
Definetely needs boosting if i want to enjoy my '45. I think

Also for correction purpose;

Atf needed for fx45 is nissan matic J and not nissan matic s as i ealier stated above. It was a typo.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nissparts(m): 6:48pm On Jun 12, 2013
You do realize that we do not have standards in fuel importation into the country.
Hence the lowest grade is imported and then further adulterated. Thus your assumption on the fuel octane we run here may be wishful thinking.
Open the fuel tank of any vehicle which has run for at least 6 months in Nigeria and you will be amazed at how dirty everything is including the fuel filter and the fuel itself. Numerous vehicles have been damaged just by buying fuel.
Anyway, as far as I know, nothing you can do to meet the required premium standard. One of the huge limitations to driving some nissans/infinitis in Nigeria. Just run a potent fuel treatment once a month to clean your plugs and you should get by

1 Like

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by KA24DETT(m): 1:18am On Jun 13, 2013
xerotop:

@ nissparts, thx 4 d response. I saw ur posts on a nissan thread. I cld conclude u have a garage for nissan and infinity repairs & mtnce. its good to av u around just in case. Lols.

Back to the discussion, if octane booster will not work, whats d way out of fuel not meeting the standard. As u know d FX45 needs a minimum of 93% octane rating.
Kindly suggest wot to do.

Octane rating in nigeria is btw 89 and 90.
Definetely needs boosting if i want to enjoy my '45. I think

Also for correction purpose;

Atf needed for fx45 is nissan matic J and not nissan matic s as i ealier stated above. It was a typo.

These cars have knock sensors which can retard the timing if the octane sensor is low to prevent engine knock.. U wont notice the difference. The question is how low octane can you go.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 10:24am On Jun 13, 2013
xerotop:

You're actually on course. Matic S is permissible for the FX. A Nissan TSB actually states:"Use Matic J if Matic S is not available."
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by linktel: 10:17pm On Jun 14, 2013
Thank God for this thread,i have a nissan altima 2001 model,and i mst say i got it from a friend,but i havent enjoyed the car for a full month,its either at a rewire or a mechanics place..the issues just keeps appearing once u fix one...av abandoned it at a mechanic's place when i was told that the injector needs to be serviced....am fed up..pls anyone with a competent mechanic/rewire for nissan dat can fix all the electrical issues and injector issues...pls drop ur contact here..
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Ikenna351(m): 10:36pm On Jun 14, 2013
linktel: Thank God for this thread,i have a nissan altima 2001 model,and i mst say i got it from a friend,but i havent enjoyed the car for a full month,its either at a rewire or a mechanics place..the issues just keeps appearing once u fix one...av abandoned it at a mechanic's place when i was told that the injector needs to be serviced....am fed up..pls anyone with a competent mechanic/rewire for nissan dat can fix all the electrical issues and injector issues...pls drop ur contact here..

It has been obvious to me that some of us dont deserve to own our current cars, with some comments we make here at times.

No offence, but i dont see any seriousness on your part, from the above post, that you truly want to fix that car. Even though you have edited and removed a statement you made in the post, where you stated that "Nissans are useless cars, unreliable cars or something like that". Thats what made me wondering if truly you want that car fixed or not.

A simple question i have for you? Did you even bother to scan that car all those while the car was giving you nightmares? If you did, how did you tackle the error codes pulled out? What exactly do you think that car is? Datsun 180B?

You gave your car to a clown, he messed up the ride, and you are blaming the poor car for it? Like i said, not everyone deserves the current car he/she owns.

If you need help, state your car issues and seek for suggestions on how to resolve the issues, so that those who understand Nissan better will offer their suggestions to you, on how to get your car running in good shape again.

I know nothing about Nissan, so i would advice you wait for others to help out.

Ikenna.

2 Likes

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jun 14, 2013
Ikenna351:

Did you even bother to scan that car all those while the car was giving you nightmares? If you did, how did you tackle the error codes pulled out? What exactly do you think that car is? Datsun 180B?...
Yes, that's the point. Complex as more modern cars might be they are better than their predecessors in that they also offer easier avenues for resolving problems. So linktel, scan the car. (Whoops! but that's hoping the DLC has not been ignorantly severed from the ECU grin)
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by linktel: 8:27am On Jun 15, 2013
Ikenna351:

It has been obvious to me that some of us dont deserve to own our current cars, with some comments we make here at times.

No offence, but i dont see any seriousness on your part, from the above post, that you truly want to fix that car. Even though you have edited and removed a statement you made in the post, where you stated that "Nissans are useless cars, unreliable cars or something like that". Thats what made me wondering if truly you want that car fixed or not.

A simple question i have for you? Did you even bother to scan that car all those while the car was giving you nightmares? If you did, how did you tackle the error codes pulled out? What exactly do you think that car is? Datsun 180B?

You gave your car to a clown, he messed up the ride, and you are blaming the poor car for it? Like i said, not everyone deserves the current car he/she owns.

If you need help, state your car issues and seek for suggestions on how to resolve the issues, so that those who understand Nissan better will offer their suggestions to you, on how to get your car running in good shape again.

I know nothing about Nissan, so i would advice you wait for others to help out.

Ikenna.
Yea I get u perfectly,it was just out of frustration,pls do u know anywere I can scan the car in lagos?? Cos am even scared to drive it...
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by linktel: 8:31am On Jun 15, 2013
Costee:
Yes, that's the point. Complex as more modern cars might be they are better than their predecessors in that they also offer easier avenues for resolving problems. So linktel, scan the car. (Whoops! but that's hoping the DLC has not been ignorantly severed from the ECU grin)
Hmmm...thanx boss,so how do I know the DLC hasn't been severed frm d ECU?
Thnx
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 9:14am On Jun 15, 2013
linktel: Hmmm...thanx boss,so how do I know the DLC hasn't been severed frm d ECU?
Thnx
By attempting a scan. Seek out Nissparts on these boards(u you may use the search function). He'd help with more information and the scan.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by jodeci(m): 12:18pm On Jun 15, 2013
linktel: Thank God for this thread,i have a nissan altima 2001 model,and i mst say i got it from a friend,but i havent enjoyed the car for a full month,its either at a rewire or a mechanics place..the issues just keeps appearing once u fix one...av abandoned it at a mechanic's place when i was told that the injector needs to be serviced....am fed up..pls anyone with a competent mechanic/rewire for nissan dat can fix all the electrical issues and injector issues...pls drop ur contact here..

Suffice to say your ignorance is what has kept the car in its present state.How can you take a modern nissan car to rewire or mechanic without even scanning? and you are here complaining,did u bother asking your friend why he sold the car? or did he sold it to you from the scrap yard.

You have simply abused the car and you are getting what you garbaged in,Look for Nissparts as quick as possible before u further mess the car up.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by lakun2013: 12:39pm On Jun 15, 2013
I use Infinity QX4 2001 model. It came with one key. Before I could make a duplicate, the key was misplaced. Yet to find the key. The key is chipped/coded. Can someone please wizen me up on how to solve this problem. Regards
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nissparts(m): 12:55pm On Jun 15, 2013
Send me your chassis number(vin) or post it here.
You'll need a new key and programming
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by lakun2013: 6:02pm On Jun 15, 2013
The VIN is JNRDR07X91W100624
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nissparts(m): 7:22pm On Jun 16, 2013
Give me a call on 08022228273
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by ziccoit: 7:29pm On Jun 16, 2013
Can somebody briefly review 2002 Infiniti G20? in term of durability, reliability, useability, technical know how among our mechanics and parts availability.I want to try something different from what is common around. Please I'm waiting
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jun 16, 2013
ziccoit: Can somebody briefly review 2002 Infiniti G20? in term of durability, reliability, useability, technical know how among our mechanics and parts availability.I want to try something different from what is common around. Please I'm waiting
The G20 is a twin of the Primera.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jun 16, 2013
ziccoit: Can somebody briefly review 2002 Infiniti G20? in term of durability, reliability, useability, technical know how among our mechanics and parts availability.I want to try something different from what is common around. Please I'm waiting
basically a dressed up nissan primera with a more upscale touch.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jun 16, 2013
lomomike: basically a dressed up nissan primera with a more upscale touch.
Uhm, sometimes I wonder whether this Infiniti was more upscale than the Primera. The fact was, the G20 was for The US while the Primera was for Europe. At any rate, a full-option Primera matched a G20 grit for grit grin What was more, the P11-144 Primera (1999-2001) even had the CVT on some.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (87) (Reply)

Top 5 Signs Of A Bad Fuel Injector / The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread / What Causes A Car To Start Consuming Fuel Excessively

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.