Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread (198931 Views)

Pls Help Needed With 1999 Nissan Infiniti Qx4 Ac / Nissan/infiniti Car Thread / Nissan Infiniti 1999-2002 Qx4 Against Toyota 2000 Camry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (87) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 9:39am On Jun 17, 2013
Costee:
Uhm, sometimes I wonder whether this Infiniti was more upscale than the Primera. The fact was, the G20 was for The US while the Primera was for Europe. At any rate, a full-option Primera matched a G20 grit for grit grin What was more, the P11-144 Primera (1999-2001) even had the CVT on some.
this type of wicked rip-off came as a result of Americans silly perception of "cheap luxury and exclusivity" AKA american pride and greed.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Saintp(m): 5:32pm On Jun 17, 2013
I want to buy Altima 2003/2004 model. I heard its problem is mostly electronics and gears making it hard to fix. has anybody used this car? wot do u think?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jun 17, 2013
Saintp:

I want to buy Altima 2003/2004 model. I heard its problem is mostly electronics and gears making it hard to fix. has anybody used this car? wot do u think?

it has nice handling and stability a good performance with V-6 but engine noise with four cylinder.

Goodluck
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by cunlay007(m): 7:44pm On Jun 17, 2013
Am expecting a nissan pathfinder from toronto,what should I do to service this suv & pls I need that iron bar for protection for the front part how much will it cost....help asap
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Saintp(m): 11:48am On Jun 18, 2013
carr101:

it has nice handling and stability a good performance with V-6 but engine noise with four cylinder.

Goodluck

How do you mean when you say engine noise? please clarify. Tanx
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jun 18, 2013
Saintp:

How do you mean when you say engine noise? please clarify. Tanx

are u purchasing one with a V6 engine or a four cylinder inline? The four cylinder has problems of engine noise. I'll suggest you purchase the 2004 altima V6 engine, then u have no problem smiley
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by ax2bx4: 12:33pm On Jun 18, 2013
carr101:

are u purchasing one with a V6 engine or a four cylinder inline? The four cylinder has problems of engine noise. I'll suggest you purchase the 2004 altima V6 engine, then u have no problem smiley

I beg to disagree, NOT every I4 in the market.
I drive one, and it's f***king quiet.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jun 18, 2013
ax2bx4:

I beg to disagree, NOT every I4 in the market.
I drive one, and it's f***king quiet.

definitely its not all of them BUT engine noise is a common problem with them, that's what I'm talking about
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by BILLIONs1: 12:09am On Jun 19, 2013
Guys Urgent!

I need a reliable Infiniti FX mechanic to check-out an Infiniti FX 35, Im about to purchse. Its urgent please.
Kindly reach me on 08024646472.

Thanks
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by figment232(m): 3:54pm On Jun 20, 2013
pls i cant find the engine number of the nissan pathfinder jeep 1999 series i just bought.i only see the vin number.Can anybody help in this regard
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jun 20, 2013
figment232: pls i cant find the engine number of the nissan pathfinder jeep 1999 series i just bought.i only see the vin number.Can anybody help in this regard
check the firewall in engine bay at the right hand side (on the left hand side if you stand in front of vehicle). There is a small aluminium plate with some numbers. BTW, newer cars have their VIN number as their engine number. Through this VIN number, every detail of the car from its specific model, trim level, colour, engine type/model, plant of manufacturing/assembly, country of usage etc is indicated.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by flexya: 10:24pm On Jun 20, 2013
why r fx45s cheaper than fx35s (in registered/toks form) generally speaking.

Is the issue of low octane in our petrol more damagin to the 45s than the 35s or is there any reason why one shouldnt pick a 45 above a 35 (other than the slightly higher fuel consumption)?

thks
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jun 20, 2013
lomomike: check the firewall in engine bay at the right hand side (on the left hand side if you stand in front of vehicle). There is a small aluminium plate with some numbers. BTW, newer cars have their VIN number as their engine number. Through this VIN number, every detail of the car from its specific model, trim level, colour, engine type/model, plant of manufacturing/assembly, country of usage etc is indicated.
It seems that you are confusing the Engine Serial Number with the VIN. Yes, the VIN may be found embossed by the firewall (and indeed in some other places in addition), but the engine number is to be found on the engine block. Could you give us an example of a "newer" car in which the VIN doubles as the Engine Serial Number?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nissparts(m): 8:56am On Jun 21, 2013
@Costee- Nissan Altima 2007
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 9:37am On Jun 21, 2013
Costee:
It seems that you are confusing the Engine Serial Number with the VIN. Yes, the VIN may be found embossed by the firewall (and indeed in some other places in addition), but the engine number is to be found on the engine block. Could you give us an example of a "newer" car in which the VIN doubles as the Engine Serial Number?
toyota highlander 2003, toyota camry 2003-2006 with 2AZ-FE engines have their VIN engraved on a small rectangular sheet of metal which is rivetted on their engine block and this doubles as the̶̲̥̅̊ engine's serial number. Thanks
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by flexya: 11:02am On Jun 21, 2013
flexya: why r fx45s cheaper than fx35s (in registered/toks form) generally speaking.

Is the issue of low octane in our petrol more damagin to the 45s than the 35s or is there any reason why one shouldnt pick a 45 above a 35 (other than the slightly higher fuel consumption)?

thks

answers anybody?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 11:06am On Jun 21, 2013
okpara ugo:

Timing belt is rubber, it cuts and you park inside the bush.
2003–2004 Infiniti G35 (260 to 280 hp) all
models
2005–2007 Infiniti G35 (280 to 306 hp)
automatic transmission models
2007 Infiniti G35 (282 to 298 hp) Coupe
only
2005–2007 Infiniti G35 (298 hp) manual
transmission models uses the VQ35DE engine and IT IS NOT a timing belted engine, it uses Timing chain which is more durable than timing belt which is prone to sudden cuts and shorter operational life span and timing chain engines lower noise frequency than timing belt engines.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by xerotop(m): 12:49pm On Jun 21, 2013
flexya: why r fx45s cheaper than fx35s (in registered/toks form) generally speaking.

thks

I personally do not think there is any reason for picking a 35 over 45.
Low octane rating if it will have any effect on the car will definetly have to do with both engines.
I think its just the mentality of wanting to drive a powerful and big car, and not wanting to buy fuel.
I read frm a forum that d diff in mpg is not up to or more than 2 mpg.
And come to think of it, u can not compare wot u will get ind 45 to dat of 35.
More options, more power and lots more.

Peolple tend to run away wen they hear and see that its a v8.
Even ur family and friends will discourage you.
But i bet u people who drive v8 engine car will not want to drive anything less.

2 Likes

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by biggiyke(m): 2:16pm On Jun 21, 2013
FUEL RECOMMENDATION
VQ35DE engine (fx35)
INFINITI recommends the use of unleaded premium gasoline. If unleaded premium gasoline is not available, you may use unleaded regular gasoline, but you may notice a decrease in performance.

VK45DE engine (fx45)
Use unleaded premium gasoline only. If unleaded premium gasoline is not available, unleaded regular gasoline can be used
but only under the following precautions:
1) Have the fuel tank filled only partially with unleaded regular gasoline, and
fill up with unleaded premium gasoline as soon as possible.
2) Avoid full throttle driving and abrupt acceleration. However, for maximum vehicle performance, the use of unleaded premium gasoline is recommended.

(copied from my fx35 user manual. guess there's more risk to engine damage when using non-premium fuel in fx45 than fx35)

xerotop:

I personally do not think there is any reason for picking a 35 over 45.
Low octane rating if it will have any effect on the car will definetly have to do with both engines.
I think its just the mentality of wanting to drive a powerful and big car, and not wanting to buy fuel.
I read frm a forum that d diff in mpg is not up to or more than 2 mpg.
And come to think of it, u can not compare wot u will get ind 45 to dat of 35.
More options, more power and lots more.

Peolple tend to run away wen they hear and see that its a v8.
Even ur family and friends will discourage you.
But i bet u people who drive v8 engine car will not want to drive anything less.

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jun 21, 2013
lomomike: toyota highlander 2003, toyota camry 2003-2006 with 2AZ-FE engines have their VIN engraved on a small rectangular sheet of metal which is rivetted on their engine block and this doubles as the̶̲̥̅̊ engine's serial number. Thanks
Quite revealing. I'm curious though why toyota should elect to do such selective identification.--i.e., why only "toyota highlander 2003, toyota camry 2003-2006 with 2AZ-FE engines"? What about their even more recent models and brands?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 21, 2013
nissparts: @Costee- Nissan Altima 2007
Puzzling? The 2007 Altima owner's manual actually makes a distinction in the location of the engine serial number (Sec. 9 page 10)and the VIN (sec. 9 page 10). Well I can't tell whether these are the same figures.Please confirm.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nissparts(m): 6:53pm On Jun 21, 2013
I believe they are the same.
Will confirm
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 21, 2013
Costee:
Quite revealing. I'm curious though why toyota should elect to do such selective identification.--i.e., why only "toyota highlander 2003, toyota camry 2003-2006 with 2AZ-FE engines"? What about their even more recent models and brands?
well, I can't say whether they adopt this style f®я other models in their lineup because I haven't personally seen, but I speak of those models which I've observed. BTW, let's not derail this thread with VIN and engine number or toyota (one marque with a reputation f®я manufacturing bland vehicles)
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 21, 2013
lomomike: well, I can't say whether they adopt this style f®я other models in their lineup because I haven't personally seen, but I speak of those models which I've observed. BTW, let's not derail this thread with VIN and engine number
We should still be on course if we discussed Nisssan/Infiniti VINs. That's because there's a possibility that some may have mistakenly registered same figures for their engine number and VIN.
Btw, I have through another medium since directed figment232 who made the original enquiry to the correct location of his engine number---on the engine block.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 21, 2013
Costee:
We should still be on course if we discussed Nisssan/Infiniti VINs. That's because there's a possibility that some may have mistakenly registered same figures for their engine number and VIN.
Btw, I have through another medium since directed figment232 who made the original enquiry to the correct location of his engine number---on the engine block.
that's nice of you sir. But i still mourn the "demise" of the QX4 suv (I call it demise but Nissan/infiniti claimed it was transformed into the FX56 which I see no single trace of semblance with QX4 although they (Nissan/infiniti) claim it had similar foglamp/turn signal housing with QX4.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 21, 2013
lomomike: that's nice of you sir. But i still mourn the "demise" of the QX4 suv (I call it demise but Nissan/infiniti claimed it was transformed into the FX56 which I see no single trace of semblance with QX4 although they (Nissan/infiniti) claim it had similar foglamp/turn signal housing with QX4.
There is a high variation turnover in the auto industry generally. Even models of the same brand bear little resemblance. For example the 5th gen Maxima (2000-2003) is hardly identical with its 6th gen successor (2004-2008).
I guess by FX56 you mean QX56. There is no FX56, there is FX50 instead.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jun 21, 2013
Costee:
There is a high variation turnover in the auto industry generally. Even models of the same brand bear little resemblance. For example the 5th gen Maxima (2000-2003) is hardly identical with its 6th gen successor (2004-2008).
I guess by FX56 you mean QX56. There is no FX56, there is FX50 instead.
don't mind ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥, I'm using a handheld to type and submit hence the̶̲̥̅̊ mistakes and lack of will power to edit. I mean QX56 the alpha platform infiniti which nissan claim to be a successor to QX4. That truck bears no semblance to its predecesor.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by 735i(m): 9:06pm On Jun 23, 2013
Hello house,

I presently use a P11 primera and in all honesty it's been fun since i got it late last year. However, since the rains started, i have had cause to drive through flood and since then there's this wheezing sound each time i turn the steering. sad
Anyone with suggestions on what could be the cause? And possibly; the solution.
The language on the screen is in french and german.....dunno how to convert it to english (the car was brought in from Germany)

Answers....anyone?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by stannydon(m): 10:11pm On Jun 23, 2013
Guys please I need help, am try to get Nissan Xterra 2007, I`m` still trying to figure out if is a good car or should i try something else and how much should be the cost for a direct tokumbo from America?. Thanks
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jun 23, 2013
735 i:
Hello house,

I presently use a P11 primera and in all honesty it's been fun since i got it late last year. However, since the rains started, i have had cause to drive through flood and since then there's this wheezing sound each time i turn the steering. sad
The language on the screen is in french and german.....dunno how to convert it to english (the car was brought in from Germany)

Answers....anyone?
What do you mean by "the language on the screen"? Are you referring to the info display screen? Should that be the case, then your car is P12, and not P11. I want to believe too that if it is P12 it will have a feature in the menu for conversion into English language. Since you attribute the issues you're having to the wheels/steering, it just could be that the problem is mechanical. [Check the steering rack for example.] If electrical the MIL (check engine light) should be on. (You should be able to identify that icon). Better still, have the car scanned nonetheless.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 6:14am On Jun 24, 2013
735 i:
Hello house,

Answers....anyone?
sorry about your recent experience with your primera, I don't know much about primera But let's get things straight here. Since you forded water with it at the turn of a steering, there is a wheezing noise. Does the steering feel hard, can you zero in on where the noise comes from (whether its from the power steering pump, the belt, or from the wheel area, or the steering rack and pinion (that's if your car uses rack and pinion))?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (87) (Reply)

Top 5 Signs Of A Bad Fuel Injector / The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread / What Causes A Car To Start Consuming Fuel Excessively

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.