Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,913 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread - Car Talk (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread (198953 Views)

Pls Help Needed With 1999 Nissan Infiniti Qx4 Ac / Nissan/infiniti Car Thread / Nissan Infiniti 1999-2002 Qx4 Against Toyota 2000 Camry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (87) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by drumma(m): 5:51pm On Dec 08, 2014
@Nissy..... how are you? thanks for your weekend gesture towards my brakepad purchase.... however danfo guy don show me today oooo and now I have to change my front bumper so please let me know if you have any in stock and also the side black lining.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nissparts(m): 9:28pm On Dec 08, 2014
You sure say na danfo fault abi you dey do speed racer in order to test the new brakes cheesy

I'll get back to you 2mrw.
Which of the side linings?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by tkovie2002(m): 1:34am On Dec 09, 2014
tkovie2002:

I spoke to someone over here who told me he has it in stock, but before I thought of leaving to get it, I wanted to do a thorough check again to make sure I wasn't replacing something that isn't bad. I made another mechanic close to my house go under the car and check the sensors, he saw one at the front, close to the bumper disconnected. It has a green 4-pin plug. He connected it back and ensured that the back one was in place too.
I decided to drive the car around for a few minutes if I'll notice any changes, but I only got a 0.1 MPG gain which was normal because the car was fluctuating between 8.8 MPG and 9 MPG in between use of regular and premium fuel. When I came back from the short test drive, I told him to disconnect the battery terminals, and replace them again (hoping to reset the whole system). He did that and when I checked my screen if there was any changes, the MPG was showing *.* (which was what I expected as he has just removed the battery terminals and the system has not been able to calculate the MPG since I've not driven it). The DTE (Distance To Empty) was on the same number before the terminal removal. So I told him I needed to drive the car for the whole day and check for changes which I did and I bought premium fuel. During the test drive, I noticed the MPG was increasing slowly which I expected, but to my surprise, later at night, I crossed my usual 8.8 and even my best of 9.0 MPG and recorded 10.1 MPG before I got home.
Now, here's my question. Considering my increasing MPG, could there still be a problem? Are the sensors working as they should or do I still need to replace them. I could have gone to scan them but it costs alot and I was considering to get a cheap scanner instead of always going to pay for scanning. I found someone who sells the scanning software and USB cable that will enable me to use my laptop as a scanner. I don't know if that is reliable so I would need your advise.
I believe the more I keep driving the car, the more MPG I'll get but one more thing is, the MPG starts reducing slowly too when I'm idling.
Please let me know if there's anything I have to do next.
PS: There's no catalyst in my car (it got burnt a while ago)
Thanks

tkovie2002:

UPDATE: So far so good, I have recorded 11 MPG from my car MPG calculator. I also want to manually calculate it. By the time my fuel gets exhausted, I will update the house and PLEASE!!!!! If any of you have any more advise for me, do not hesitate to let me know.
Thanks

@ nissparts PLS OOOO
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by drumma(m): 10:37am On Dec 09, 2014
@nisspart ooooo u don get me... Lol

I think i'll need the two side linings cos i wanna bake it once change the bumper

nissparts:
You sure say na danfo fault abi you dey do speed racer in order to test the new brakes cheesy

I'll get back to you 2mrw.
Which of the side linings?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nissparts(m): 11:29am On Dec 09, 2014
drumma:

@nisspart ooooo u don get me... Lol

I think i'll need the two side linings cos i wanna bake it once change the bumper

Sent you a text. You'll need to be careful o, infiniti body parts are expensive
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by drumma(m): 12:03pm On Dec 10, 2014
OK SOOOO THAT'S HOW I TOOK MY CAR TO AUTOMEDICS FOR A COMPREHENSIVE SCAN TO HELP ME DECIDE MY NEXT YEAR IN TERMS OF CAR MAINTENANCE AND AS OF NOW THEY'VE DETECTED 20 STUFFS THAT NEEDS REPLACEMENT AND THIS IS A PLACE WHERE SOMEONE WAS JUST GIVEN A 218K BILL ON A 2003 VEHICLE OOOO.... WHAT'S MY FATE

IM WAITING ANXIOUSLY..... MORE UPDATE SOON.

1 Like

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by oyebanji(m): 10:31pm On Dec 12, 2014
Dear all, i need advise on 08 altima. Iaam thinking of getting one very soon. What should i watch out for?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 7:38am On Dec 13, 2014
oyebanji:
Dear all, i need advise on 08 altima. Iaam thinking of getting one very soon. What should i watch out for?

Buy it. Its a great buy, it uses CVT so don't mess around that tranny. Some folks install extra external transmission cooler. It comes in either 2.5L i4 or 3.5V6 its Nissans reply to Honda accord and Toyota Camry.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by drumma(m): 3:57pm On Dec 16, 2014
Please seee..... my spirit feels like draining my (FX35) ATF fluid and replacing it with a fresh spirit or vodka..... but some people told me that once I change the ATF that there's a high risk of damaging my Transmission.... please house how true is this
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by tkovie2002(m): 4:53pm On Dec 17, 2014
drumma:
Please seee..... my spirit feels like draining my (FX35) ATF fluid and replacing it with a fresh spirit or vodka..... but some people told me that once I change the ATF that there's a high risk of damaging my Transmission.... please house how true is this

Why would you want to put vodka or spirits in your car? I'm sure you are just kidding grin
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 17, 2014
drumma:
Please seee..... my spirit feels like draining my (FX35) ATF fluid and replacing..... but some people told me that once I change the ATF that there's a high risk of damaging my Transmission.... please house how true is this
Just drain and refill. Nissan Matic J.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by drumma(m): 12:32am On Dec 18, 2014
my broda.... the ATF fluid is the car's vodka na abiii.... everything living or non-living get wetin dem like to take wash throat...

tkovie2002:

Why would you want to put vodka or spirits in your car? I'm sure you are just kidding grin
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by drumma(m): 12:33am On Dec 18, 2014
thanks for ever been there @costee.... i hope i will find a place to buy this Matic J...

Costee:

Just drain and refill. Nissan Matic J.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 1:19pm On Dec 18, 2014
drumma:
i hope i will find a place to buy this Matic J...
Not too difficult. Again, Nissparts to the rescue. Or Ladipo. Not more than 3.5k to the litre. You'll need 5 to 6 litres. If what you have there now is well gauged, then refill the amount drained.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nyfemy(m): 5:17pm On Dec 18, 2014
nyfemy:

sorry this has nothing to do with tyre pressure, but, since its a nissan/infinity thread i might as well go for it. it has to do with the fact that am getting excessive, needless heat into the cabin of my 04 max SL. it doesnt matter what the weather is like, as soon as the car warms up the engine heat gets transferred into my glove box, the center tunnel and also from under -neath the steering wheel area. i have disconnected the heated seats thinking its part of the problem, but, no cigar, sir! i have always made sure to adjust the heating all the way down and also switched the vent controls to vent air from outside all to no avail. any of you folks experience this discomfiting situation as i avoid using my aircon frequently due to fuel consumption worries.
any pointers in the right direction appreciated.

Hello Costee & Nissparts or any one else for that matter.
Anyone experiencing a similar issue with a stuffy cabin? Or is it just peculiar to my ride? Or is it my imagination/ all in my head? Would surely appreciate your much needed pointers. Thanks in advance.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nyfemy(m): 5:27pm On Dec 18, 2014
nyfemy:

Hello Costee & Nissparts or any one else for that matter.
Anyone experiencing a similar issue with a stuffy cabin? Or is it just peculiar to my ride? Or is it my imagination/ all in my head? Would surely appreciate your much needed pointers. Thanks in advance.

Sorry guys please ignore the above quoted post as i was able to retrieve the reply to it after i had posted ( still newish to the forum, hence, not too familiar with the search mechanism)
Thanks to Nissparts for pointing me in the direction of the (possibly) blocked cat as the culprit. Am yet to tend to it but avoid driving the car anyway until i can do as advised.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by llade(m): 9:38am On Dec 20, 2014
I want to ask if doing a radiator bypass in a 2006 nissan pathfinder will still not affect d Suv in anyway.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 9:50am On Dec 20, 2014
llade:
I want to ask if doing a radiator bypass in a 2006 nissan pathfinder will still not affect d Suv in anyway.

It will even be of benefit to the SUV. Its gonna prevent mixing of atf and coolant fluid which will ruin the transmission. That vehicle had a class action law suit for that defect and one way to prevent such damage is radiator bypass
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by drumma(m): 5:55pm On Dec 23, 2014
PLEASE OOOOOO ANYBODY HERE WITH A GOOD A/C REPAIRER THAT CAN CHECK MY FX35 A/C PLEASE...... THE THING IS NOT FUNCTIONING TO ITS REPUTABLE STATE AT ALL....

BTW.... @NISSPARTS PLEASE MATIC J ATF DEY AVAILABLE
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nissparts(m): 10:03pm On Dec 23, 2014
drumma:
PLEASE OOOOOO ANYBODY HERE WITH A GOOD A/C REPAIRER THAT CAN CHECK MY FX35 A/C PLEASE...... THE THING IS NOT FUNCTIONING TO ITS REPUTABLE STATE AT ALL....

Available
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by drumma(m): 11:38pm On Dec 23, 2014
how much per bottle boss?? plus any recommendable a/c professional for infinity from ur end

nissparts:

Available
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 12:03am On Dec 24, 2014
drumma:
how much per bottle boss??
Ads not allowed on this board. Since he's a vendor that'll be taken as sales hint grin
Call him up.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by drumma(m): 3:30pm On Dec 24, 2014
Eni to mo ni lon seeni... @costee na u dey still do me

Costee:

Ads not allowed on this board. Since he's a vendor that'll be taken as sales hint grin
Call him up.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 24, 2014
drumma:

Eni to mo ni lon seeni... @costee na u dey still do me

Believe me, I have your interest at heart cool
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by nissparts(m): 10:23pm On Dec 24, 2014
Drumma, he's right.
That's why I didnt respond to the price part
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by FullDepth1: 8:01pm On Jan 01, 2015
CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH @NISSPARTS' PHONE NUMBER

I am in urgent need of his technical assistance.

Thanks !
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by tkovie2002(m): 12:20pm On Jan 02, 2015
FullDepth1:
CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH @NISSPARTS' PHONE NUMBER

I am in urgent need of his technical assistance.

Thanks !

here it is 08022228273 (Nissparts)
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by FKBZ: 8:13am On Jan 07, 2015
Pls how much would it cost to build an AC system in a Nissan almera 1998 model and any recommended technician in pH.thanks
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by 222Martins(m): 5:22pm On Jan 12, 2015
drumma:

My brother, Fx maintenance na die o. This motor na confirm big man big problem.

2 Likes

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Osama10(m): 5:25pm On Jan 12, 2015
222Martins:

My brother, Fx maintenance na die o. This motor na confirm big man big problem.

grin grin grin

You don feel the heat before?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by 222Martins(m): 5:26pm On Jan 12, 2015
Ogas in the house, kindly help me with a little piece of advice. I ran a scan on my Infiniti Fx 35 and it returned the code P1211 (ABS/TCU control unit) and P0442 (Small leak detected). Please where do I go from here? I have spent house studying the vehicle manual but got no helpful info. I will appreciate any info. Thanks
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by 222Martins(m): 5:30pm On Jan 12, 2015
Osama10:

grin grin grin

You don feel the heat before?
I am currently feeling the heat o. Bros, please if I may ask...I was very much aware when you ordered your FX45 from Fhemmmy. How has the maintenance been since then? I would like to hear your experience please. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (87) (Reply)

Top 5 Signs Of A Bad Fuel Injector / The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread / What Causes A Car To Start Consuming Fuel Excessively

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.