Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,452 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread - Car Talk (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread (198749 Views)

Pls Help Needed With 1999 Nissan Infiniti Qx4 Ac / Nissan/infiniti Car Thread / Nissan Infiniti 1999-2002 Qx4 Against Toyota 2000 Camry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Alonu(m): 3:28pm On Jun 17, 2017
Costee:

I didn't mention your brakes, I said brake light. They're certainly not the same. If your O/D light comes on while driving, then the switch or the entire gear lever assembly is going bad.
I wouldn't know if the brake lights come on while I drive. What do you suggest I do pls?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jun 17, 2017
Alonu:
I wouldn't know if the brake lights come on while I drive. What do you suggest I do pls?
Not necessarily while you drive. Depress the brake pedal and ask someone to check for you even while the car is stationary.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Alonu(m): 1:56am On Jun 18, 2017
Costee:

Not necessarily while you drive. Depress the brake pedal and ask someone to check for you even while the car is stationary.
I did and it's working
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 18, 2017
Alonu:
I did and it's working
Good enough. Your car is 2.5 or 3.5 engine? I'm asking because they have different transmission models.
You may PM me to make communication faster.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by jodeci(m): 8:29pm On Jun 19, 2017
i drive a 2005 Nissan pathfinder,My gear is stuck on park P,even though the lever shift moves to D and R,the indicator on the dashboard is stuck on P and the gear does not engage in either D or R.

please what is the likely problem. Thanks. No code is thrown.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by kingreign(m): 6:14am On Jun 20, 2017
jodeci:
i drive a 2005 Nissan pathfinder,My gear is stuck on park P,even though the lever shift moves to D and R,the indicator on the dashboard is stuck on P and the gear does not engage in either D or R.

PRND switch.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by jodeci(m): 10:41am On Jun 20, 2017
[quote author=kingreign post=57677821]
PRND switch.[/quote

Thanks bro.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jun 20, 2017
[quote author=jodeci post=57685276][/quote]
Doesn't seem cheerful news to me. It seems the parking pawl in the transmission is damaged. If it was the PNP switch it probably would have thrown the code P0705. But then it's not funny either because the PNP switch in the RE5R05A transmission in your Pathy is located in and an integral part of the valve body. Either way the transmission might have to be changed. The only other troubleshooting option I can think off is to check the control cable for proper adjustment.
BTW, does the vehicle move when pushed?
What's the genesis of this issue?

1 Like

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by jodeci(m): 4:56pm On Jun 20, 2017
Costee:

Doesn't seem cheerful news to me. It seems the parking pawl in the transmission is damaged. If it was the PNP switch it probably would have thrown the code P0705. But then it's not funny either because the PNP switch in the RE5R05A transmission in your Pathy is located in and an integral part of the valve body. Either way the transmission might have to be changed. The only other troubleshooting option I can think off is to check the control cable for proper adjustment.
BTW, does the vehicle move when pushed?
What's the genesis of this issue?
Thanks Costee,I gave out the vehicle to couples wedding and according to them the car was driving to wedding venue and parked and was never driven by anyone until the wedding was over. The couple's were to be driven back home when they discovered that the gear was not engaging in either drive or reverse. The lever shifts but the indication on the dashboard does not change from P. I am currently not in town so have not done my own assessment,I asked them to leave the car at the wedding venue until I return. The vehicle has never at any time given me any issue on the transmission.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jun 20, 2017
jodeci:

Thanks Costee,I gave out the vehicle to couples wedding and according to them the car was driving to wedding venue and parked and was never driven by anyone until the wedding was over. The couple's were to be driven back home when they discovered that the gear was not engaging in either drive or reverse. The lever shifts but the indication on the dashboard does not change from P. I am currently not in town so have not done my own assessment,I asked them to leave the car at the wedding venue until I return. The vehicle has never at any time given me any issue on the transmission.
Ok. Harmless enough. We await your safe return.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by ghadaffi2000(m): 9:09am On Jun 21, 2017
Good morning,

I just got a Nissan quest 2005 SE tokunbo. It was quite okay when test driven. However, my mechanic said we need to drain and refill the engine oil and gear oil, which we did. He changed the gear oil with oando dextron 3

Now the problem, the car will not pick up immediately at drive but after some 30 seconds except I shift to L. The reverse is instant pick up for now. I ran a scan and it gave

P0705: transmission range sensor malfuction (PRNDL input)
P0765: shift solenoid D malfuction.

What can i do now? What's the effect of this codes and how can it be rectify?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by jodeci(m): 9:16am On Jun 21, 2017
ghadaffi2000:
Good morning,

I just got a Nissan quest 2005 SE tokunbo. It was quite okay when test driven. However, my mechanic said we need to drain and refill the engine oil and gear oil, which we did. He changed the gear oil with oando dextron 3

Now the problem, the car will not pick up immediately at drive but after some 30 seconds except I shift to L. The reverse is instant pick up for now. I ran a scan and it gave

Why on Earth will you not go with Nissan recommended transmission oil,your transmission is on its way to damage if you do not revert to Nissan recommended Nissan Matic ATF

2 Likes

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by ghadaffi2000(m): 11:03am On Jun 21, 2017
jodeci:

Why on Earth will you not go with Nissan recommended transmission oil,your transmission is on its way to damage if you do not revert to Nissan recommended Nissan Matic ATF

Thanks Jodeci,

I understand and the plan is to drain the oil as soon as possible, precisely this Saturday. What do I need to do further. The codes? How worse off am i? That's the worry.

Thanks
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jun 21, 2017
ghadaffi2000:
Good morning,

Your model year has two transmission types: 4-speed (RE4F04B); and 5-speed (RE5F22A). Although you didn't state which is yours, but because of the presence of P0765 (shift solenoid valve D) it must be the 5-speed. Now using Dexron III instead of Nissan Matic K for this transmission is bad enough (and it's inevitably going to cause problems), the two codes can also be caused by electrical issues. The first is P0705 (Park/Neutral Position Switch) which might have been caused by a harness disconnection. Did your mechanic work around the top of the transmission just below the battery where the switch is located? Of cause it's also possible for the switch to go bad. It's also possible that the PNP switch is the cause of the the P0765. The valve is in the valve body and it's independent enough to cause it's own problems, more so you've used a wrong fluid. I'd suggest you look into the PNP switch first and if it checks right then the P0765 valve--though sometimes that ultimately translates to changing the valve body.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jun 21, 2017
PNP Switch

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jun 21, 2017
ghadaffi2000:

I understand and the plan is to drain the oil as soon as possible, precisely this Saturday.
Don't drive until that's done.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by ghadaffi2000(m): 11:32pm On Jun 21, 2017
Costee:

Your model year has two transmission types: 4-speed (RE4F04B); and 5-speed (RE5F22A). Although you didn't state which is yours, but because of the presence of P0765 (shift solenoid valve D) it must be the 5-speed. Now using Dexron III instead of Nissan Matic K for this transmission is bad enough (and it's inevitably going to cause problems), the two codes can also be caused by electrical issues. The first is P0705 (Park/Neutral Position Switch) which might have been caused by a harness disconnection. Did your mechanic work around the top of the transmission just below the battery where the switch is located? Of cause it's also possible for the switch to go bad. It's also possible that the PNP switch is the cause of the the P0765. The valve is in the valve body and it's independent enough to cause it's own problems, more so you've used a wrong fluid. I'd suggest you look into the PNP switch first and if it checks right then the P0765 valve--though sometimes that ultimately translates to changing the valve body.

Great guy, thanks for this head up. I planned to drive the car down to Ladipo in the weekend to get the PNP and drain the oil or is it safer to finish it all in my compound. One other thing I noticed is that the car won't start because one fuse keep going bad repeatedly. Could this be a fallout of the initial problem?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 9:47am On Jun 22, 2017
ghadaffi2000:

Great guy, thanks for this head up. I planned to drive the car down to Ladipo in the weekend to get the PNP and drain the oil or is it safer to finish it all in my compound. One other thing I noticed is that the car won't start because one fuse keep going bad repeatedly. Could this be a fallout of the initial problem?
Let me take the second sentence first. Yes, if there's breach between the ignition switch and the PNP, the ignition fuse may be affected thus disabling the PNP. The fuse is in the Junction Box inside the vehicle. Where's the fuse you are referring to located? On the PNP switch, I'd say you shouldn't rush for a new one yet. Check the electrical connections first. The transmission oil must be changed forthwith. That can be done at your place. It's easy but if you can't then call in your mechanic. Just drain the oil from the transmission pan under the vehicle. Usually the rule is fill in the quantity that is drained out. Not sure whether that has not been distorted by your earlier refill. At all events, however, you won't need to fill in more than 3.5 litres or slightly less. The oil is somewhat pricey; between 5 and 6k (not so sure now). The advisable procedure is to do the drain/refill twice, with some drive cycles interval between each.
Summary: (i) drain/refill (once) (ii) check the PNP connections. Let's see what happens after that.

1 Like

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by ghadaffi2000(m): 9:12pm On Jun 22, 2017
Costee:

Let me take the second sentence first. Yes, if there's breach between the ignition switch and the PNP, the ignition fuse may be affected thus disabling the PNP. The fuse is in the Junction Box inside the vehicle. Where's the fuse you are referring to located? On the PNP switch, I'd say you shouldn't rush for a new one yet. Check the electrical connections first. The transmission oil must be changed forthwith. That can be done at your place. It's easy but if you can't then call in your mechanic. Just drain the oil from the transmission pan under the vehicle. Usually the rule is fill in the quantity that is drained out. Not sure whether that has not been distorted by your earlier refill. At all events, however, you won't need to fill in more than 3.5 litres or slightly less. The oil is somewhat pricey; between 5 and 6k (not so sure now). The advisable procedure is to do the drain/refill twice, with some drive cycles interval between each.
Summary: (i) drain/refill (once) (ii) check the PNP connections. Let's see what happens after that.

Costee, thank you. You are the man. I will do as said and fill you back.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by chukel(m): 3:43am On Jun 24, 2017
jodeci:

very small problem. The cable between your neutral switch and gear lever has disconnected from either the lever end or the neutral switch end.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by ghadaffi2000(m): 10:44am On Jun 24, 2017
ghadaffi2000:

Costee, thank you. You are the man. I will do as said and fill you back.

Costee, please who can you refer me to for the Nissan matic k atf or is there an alternative spec?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by chukel(m): 12:12pm On Jun 24, 2017
Please where can I get infiniti Qx4 headlamp and fog lights at reasonable rates
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 24, 2017
ghadaffi2000:

Costee, please who can you refer me to for the Nissan matic k atf or is there an alternative spec?
Chukwuka
Or Nissparts .
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Readonee35L(m): 9:55pm On Jun 24, 2017
Alonu:
Good morning house. Please I drive a 2013 Altima. Firstly Theres an issues with the shift lock button, I have to use a sharp objects to press it before I can move my gear from park. The shift lock button itself is broken at the top so u have to press it inside the hole. I don't know if there's a remedy or I should continue with this method since it seems like a security measure to me. Secondly I noticed the transmission is not smooth at all, don't know what to do about that, like when you are driving and listening to the engine change its gears it's quite irregular. Finally I noticed sometimes the gear doesn't not change to a higher gear while speeding and the O/D now shows on the dashboard until I press d Of/D button on the gear then it normalises. I am in Asaba.
Your car is fine.
It's a CVT transmission with 1gear speed.
The transmission doesn't change while moving.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by truthwon: 12:42pm On Jun 29, 2017
Good day Nairalander,

Some1 on nairaland directed me to this thread.

Just got this Nissan maxima 04. nigerian used. However I noticed some stuff recently on it.

- It wasnt accelerating as before. I will have to rev up to 3 0r 4 before it moves us to around 60/80 Kmph
- The oil indicator on the dashboard will sometimes come on and sometimes it will go off
- The service engine soon will sometimes be flashing
- The car kind of idle rough .
- I scanned it and got the following codes

- Codes- P1148-CLOSED LOOP CONTROL BANK 1
P1168-CLOSED LOOP CONTROL BANK 2
P0303-CYL 3 MISFIRE
P0037, P0057- Heated oxygen sensor 2 heater control circuit low (Bank 1 & 2)
P0445-EVAP GROSS LEAK
P0011,P0021-Intake valve timing control performance (Bank 1&2)
P1031, P1051-Air fuel ratio (A/F) sensor1 heater control circuit low

some of the codes are repeated.

Please help is needed urgently.

I learnt that not all mechanic can handle the car and it requires someone who can understand it and very experienced on it.

Please anyone that can help to solve all these issues.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by jodeci(m): 4:49am On Jul 05, 2017
chukel:
very small problem. The cable between your neutral switch and gear lever has disconnected from either the lever end or the neutral switch end.

This was the issue.Thanks a million.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 05, 2017
jodeci:

This was the issue.Thanks a million.
Good to hear it was limited to just the control cable adjustment.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Saintp(m): 3:47pm On Jul 05, 2017
Costee:

Good to hear it was limited to just the control cable adjustment.

Hi Costee, when I switch of my car and remove the key, sometimes the ignition remain on and dashboard lights remain. Only the radio stops when it happens.
It has happened 4 times in the last 5 days and what I did was to put back the key, start the car and switch it off again and this time, it will go off normally.
Please I'm confused, what could be the problem? The car is 2005 sentra
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 05, 2017
Saintp:

Hi Costee, when I switch of my car and remove the key, sometimes the ignition remain on and dashboard lights remain. Only the radio stops when it happens.
It has happened 4 times in the last 5 days and what I did was to put back the key, start the car and switch it off again and this time, it will go off normally.
Please I'm confused, what could be the problem? The car is 2005 sentra
Since the dashboard lights stay on it could be electrical. Is the SES light on when the engine is on?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Saintp(m): 8:59pm On Jul 05, 2017
Costee:

Since the dashboard lights stay on it could be electrical. Is the SES light on when the engine is on?

Yes, I have a check engine light but it is not throwing up any new code apart from P0181and P0183 that has been there since a year I changed my fuel pump.
It doesn't display this madness all the time but it happens at least once a day.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jul 05, 2017
Saintp:

Yes, I have a check engine light but it is not throwing up any new code apart from P0181and P0183 that has been there since a year I changed my fuel pump.
It doesn't display this madness all the time but it happens at least once a day.
Once a day is all the time if you asked me. I'd suggest you check the relays. A dying and melting relay could cause all manner of erratic issues. You could also check the state of your battery and terminals/cables.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Saintp(m): 7:27am On Jul 06, 2017
Costee:

Once a day is all the time if you asked me. I'd suggest you check the relays. A dying and melting relay could cause all manner of erratic issues. You could also check the state of your battery and terminals/cables.

OK. I'll do that. Thank you very much

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (86) (Reply)

Top 5 Signs Of A Bad Fuel Injector / The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread / What Causes A Car To Start Consuming Fuel Excessively

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.