Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,571 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread - Car Talk (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread (198069 Views)

Pls Help Needed With 1999 Nissan Infiniti Qx4 Ac / Nissan/infiniti Car Thread / Nissan Infiniti 1999-2002 Qx4 Against Toyota 2000 Camry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Yeecar(m): 4:17pm On Aug 12, 2017
Please house, how much can I get the following parts 2005 Infiniti Fx 45:
Catalyst
Fuel gauge
Access compressor
Power steering pump.
Both new and tokunbo prices, including the location in Lagos.
The beast recently started displaying the ABS, AWD and SERVICE ENGINE SOON lights. Please what are the necessary steps to solve the problem. Thanks.

CC; Costee
Chukel
Kingreign
Osama10
Autopartz
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by drhappy(m): 5:58am On Aug 14, 2017
chukel:
your problem was not solved by replacing with the triple cell variant. Ur problem was solved during the process of that replacement. I'm very sure ur system was not well bled prior to replacement of the radiator. In the process of replacing, the technician did a proper bleeding.
well, I collected and kept the old radiator at home since it might come in handy one day. Though the new one set me back by about 25k, the peaceful experience now is unquantifiable.
Shalom!
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 3:38pm On Aug 27, 2017
chukel:
your problem was not solved by replacing with the triple cell variant. Ur problem was solved during the process of that replacement. I'm very sure ur system was not well bled prior to replacement of the radiator. In the process of replacing, the technician did a proper bleeding.
Are you minding him.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by chukel(m): 9:19pm On Aug 30, 2017
Please where in lagos can I get Nissan /infiniti parts dealer that stocks new parts. In fact I need O-rings or seals
CC; Costee
Kingreign
Osama10
Autopartz
Nisspart
GAZZUZZ
Mayor2013
Honmusa
Nurey
Diportivo

1 Share

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Peacefullife: 9:02pm On Sep 22, 2017
Evening forumite,

Please what is the effect of replacing a tranny for 4.0 ltr Engine (2006 Xterra) with a 3.5 electric transmission? Is it advisable? Is the 3.5 electric transmission more rugged and durable as claimed? Please educate me, experts in the house
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 11:04pm On Sep 22, 2017
Peacefullife:
Evening forumite,

Please what is the effect of replacing a tranny for 4.0 ltr Engine (2006 Xterra) with a 3.5 electric transmission? Is it advisable? Is the 3.5 electric transmission more rugged and durable as claimed? Please educate me, experts in the house
I'm unfamiliar with the terminology "electric transmission" in this context, but I presume what you're proposing is replacing the 5-speed transmission (RE5R05A) that comes with your Xterra of 4.0L engine (VQ40) with the 4-speed transmission (RE4R01A) available in the Pathfinder/QX4 with VQ35 engine. The RE4F01A is used also for the Xterra (VG33E/VG33ER) before 2005. I wouldn't agree that the RE5R05A is less "rugged and durable." That's the transmission you have in every Infiniti that's 5-speed. An important fact to note is that the transmission control module (TCM) and the park/neutral position (PNP) switch are integral parts of the valve body inside the transmission of the RE5R05A. That's not the case for the RE4R01A. Grafting the TCM and the PNP switch into your car system would certainly involve electrical issues. Maybe the Ladipo guys have found a way around it. The decision is yours.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by ghadaffi2000(m): 8:02pm On Sep 23, 2017
Please House,

My Nissan quest throws up code P0340. I decided to change the two camshaft position sensors as well as the crankshaft position sensor. After installing, I cleared the codes and went on test driving. The Car still idle roughly and throw up code P0011 and P0021. What else do you think I can do?

Thank you in anticipation of response.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Peacefullife: 5:57pm On Sep 24, 2017
Costee:

I'm unfamiliar with the terminology "electric transmission" in this context, but I presume what you're proposing is replacing the 5-speed transmission (RE5R05A) that comes with your Xterra of 4.0L engine (VQ40) with the 4-speed transmission (RE4R01A) available in the Pathfinder/QX4 with VQ35 engine. The RE4F01A is used also for the Xterra (VG33E/VG33ER) before 2005. I wouldn't agree that the RE5R05A is less "rugged and durable." That's the transmission you have in every Infiniti that's 5-speed. An important fact to note is that the transmission control module (TCM) and the park/neutral position (PNP) switch are integral parts of the valve body inside the transmission of the RE5R05A. That's not the case for the RE4R01A. Grafting the TCM and the PNP switch into your car system would certainly involve electrical issues. Maybe the Ladipo guys have found a way around it. The decision is yours.
Thanks for the insight, boss. Those terms were as used by the mechanics. They have replaced it with the RE4R01A tranny, but I think the vehicle is not as fast as it used to be again.
Aside speed, is there any other implication of the replacement?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 24, 2017
Peacefullife:

Thanks for the insight, boss. Those terms were as used by the mechanics. They have replaced it with the RE4R01A tranny, but I think the vehicle is not as fast as it used to be again.
Aside speed, is there any other implication of the replacement?
You are now on the driver's seat. Share your experience as events unfold. Happy motoring.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Inception(m): 10:02am On Sep 25, 2017
Costee:

You are now on the driver's seat. Share your experience as events unfold. Happy motoring.

Couldn't have been said any better bro grin
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Peacefullife: 9:38pm On Sep 25, 2017
Costee:

Lol. Thanks boss for the heads up. I will share my experiences with the house surely. I just joined the Nissan family less than two weeks ago.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Peacefullife: 9:52pm On Sep 25, 2017
Costee:

Lol. Thanks boss for the heads up. I will surely share my experiences with the house. I just joined the Nissan family less than two weeks ago.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 11:36pm On Sep 25, 2017
Peacefullife:

Lol. Thanks boss for the heads up. I will surely share my experiences with the house. I just joined the Nissan family less than two weeks ago.
You're welcome to the fold. What led to the idea to degrade the power of your Xterra?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by kennystones: 6:35pm On Oct 13, 2017
Lamexx:
Nice to see a thread like this. I am contemplating buying a 2006 Infinity FX 35 but the review I have been getting from people is not encouraging at all. I know a sport car with crazy acceleration and power like the Infinity is bound to consume fuel. I am not bothered about that. I just want to ask FX 35 users in the house whether there are other inherent mechanical issue with the car apart from the fuel consumption and cost that make it quite scarce on Nigerian roads.
bro please tell me something about the fx35 03 particularly.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Peacefullife: 5:33pm On Oct 14, 2017
Costee:

You're welcome to the fold. What led to the idea to degrade the power of your Xterra?
Apologies for the late response.

I bought the vehicle with a faulty tranny unknowingly. After efforts to fix the original tranny failed, I had to change it. It was at that point that I was advised by the local mechanics that the RE4R01A tranny is stronger and more rugged than the 5 speed tranny.

So basically, local mechanics advise.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 14, 2017
Peacefullife:

Apologies for the late response.

I bought the vehicle with a faulty tranny unknowingly. After efforts to fix the original tranny failed, I had to change it. It was at that point that I was advised by the local mechanics that the RE4R01A tranny is stronger and more rugged than the 5 speed tranny.

So basically, local mechanics advise.
I think it's a general problem (factory design defect) with the model years of your Xterra as well as it's sister the Pathfinder. Radiator fluid percolates into transmission and ruins the tcm inside it. But I guess a bypass is now common knowledge to address the issue. Perhaps not being aware of that your mechanics suggested instead that you should throw away the baby with the dirty water. We can only hope that the new baby is not congenitally challenged.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Peacefullife: 6:44pm On Oct 14, 2017
Costee:

I think it's a general problem (factory design defect) with the model years of your Xterra as well as it's sister the Pathfinder. Radiator fluid percolates into transmission and ruins the tcm inside it. But I guess a bypass is now common knowledge to address the issue. Perhaps not being aware of that your mechanics suggested instead that you should throw away the baby with the dirty water. We can only hope that the new baby is not congenitally challenged.
I hope so too, boss.
Is there any way of knowing if there are any issues with the tranny? I have a scanner if it can help in the diagnosis.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 9:09pm On Oct 14, 2017
Peacefullife:

I hope so too, boss.
Is there any way of knowing if there are any issues with the tranny? I have a scanner if it can help in the diagnosis.
It's an interesting experiment. You'd have to keep us posted on your experience. I guess the surgery was accompanied with a tcm. Yes, keep your scanner handy.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Peacefullife: 5:57pm On Oct 15, 2017
Costee:

It's an interesting experiment. You'd have to keep us posted on your experience. I guess the surgery was accompanied with a tcm. Yes, keep your scanner handy.
The surgery was rather direct. I don't know what tcm is, but it was just the aluminium head (locally called Agbada) that was changed. If that is the tcm, then yes. Otherwise, nothing more was changed.
Other than driving the car from Lagos to my location, I haven't really rocked the vehicle that much. But from my first experience, I expected a 4.0 ltr engine to be like jet, which by my assessment, this is not.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 15, 2017
Peacefullife:

The surgery was rather direct. I don't know what tcm is, but it was just the aluminium head (locally called Agbada) that was changed. If that is the tcm, then yes. Otherwise, nothing more was changed.
Other than driving the car from Lagos to my location, I haven't really rocked the vehicle that much. But from my first experience, I expected a 4.0 ltr engine to be like jet, which by my assessment, this is not.
TCM is Transmission Control Module. You could call it the "brain box" of the transmission. Just keep us posted. Happy motoring.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Peacefullife: 9:11am On Oct 16, 2017
Costee:

TCM is Transmission Control Module. You could call it the "brain box" of the transmission. Just keep us posted. Happy motoring.
Ok boss. I will.
Lovely week ahead.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Bmedels26(f): 9:33am On Oct 16, 2017
Check out the Upcoming Infiniti Qx80

At the New York Auto Show earlier this year, Infiniti showed off the QX80 Monograph, a full-size luxury SUV concept that the Japanese automaker said “illustrates how the design of Infiniti’s QX80 could evolve.” At the Dubai Motor Show next month, we’ll get to see how closely the production design sticks to the concept. But today, Infiniti gave us our first glimpse at the face of its new flagship SUV.

Based on what we can see here, it looks like the current QX60 was more of an inspiration than the Monograph concept.Neither the slim headlights nor the chunky grille made the cut. Instead, Infiniti chose a look that’s much more in line with production models like the QX60 and QX30. About the front-end design cues still present are in the lower half of the fascia. Of course, since we can’teven see the A-pillar, there could still be more Monograph-inspired styling in the rest of the vehicle.

But no matter how it looks, don’t expect the QX80 to be an all-new SUV.Roland Krueger, the head of Infiniti, told us at the show that it will still use the platform from the Nissan Patrol that dates back to 2011. It’ll also use the same 5.6-liter V-8 and seven-speed automatic transmission. Infiniti may add a smaller engine option, though, perhaps adding a turbocharged V-6 to the lineup

Source:http://carfreaksng.com/2017/10/13/heres-upcoming-infiniti-qx80-looks-like/

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by 100naira(m): 4:49pm On Oct 17, 2017
How durable and fuel efficient is the Nissan almera 2011/2012 model?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by ihimiray(m): 1:06pm On Oct 19, 2017
Please which engine oil can I use for my nissan pathfinder 2001 with high mileage
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by DonTim1: 5:43am On Oct 23, 2017
Please house,
Any idea where I can get the HVAC sensor attached to the condenser for my Nissan altima 2003 2.5s

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by evergold(m): 10:29pm On Oct 26, 2017
I just bought a used xterra 2003 yesterday in Abuja. The tranny quit on me at Masaka. Road side mechanic said I need to change the tranny. Please who knows how much is a tranny? Is it really a tranny problem? The car refuses to shit gears and after about a minute the tranny disengages and refuse to move.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 8:34am On Oct 31, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

There's a loss of power going to the transmission ECU or transmission ECU is faulty, it can be fixed. Contact me via my signature.
Gazzuzz come back home.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 31, 2017
Osama10:

Nigerian Used FX35 - 2006 For 1.3m? RUN FAR. lipsrsealed
Why?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 31, 2017
airlord2020:
Naija used nissan-infiniti suvs may spring up surprises you may not be able to handle considering your monthly income. The parts are available. They consume enough fuel in traffic cause engine size is relatively big. Your corololla most likely is 1.8L i4 engine while fx35 and pathfinder have 3.5 and 4.0L V6 engine respectively. Incase of gear box issues e.g on the pathfinder you need many times your monthly salary to fix that. Bros RUN as fast as your legs can take you.

Really... But you have Nissan pathfinders littering the streets of Nigeria...
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 8:40am On Oct 31, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
Following...
Come and contribute actively to this thread...
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 8:41am On Oct 31, 2017
Icon4s:

This is y i stay away from nissan products.Our mechanics!!!!

Wise decision.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nobody: 8:43am On Oct 31, 2017
femga:
Good Afternoon house, please I noticed that my 03 Nissan Pathfinder jerks in Reverse (R), I noticed it after my mechanic topped my gear oil with Oando ATF which I vehemently opposed but said it is the best. Please can you tell me the right gear oil to use and recommenced a good mechanic in PH. What could be the consequence if I continue to use the vehicle like that? Let me also add that once the vehicle is warmed up it does not jerk in reverse(R)
What was the solution?

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (86) (Reply)

Top 5 Signs Of A Bad Fuel Injector / The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread / What Causes A Car To Start Consuming Fuel Excessively

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.