Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,922 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread - Car Talk (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread (198415 Views)

Pls Help Needed With 1999 Nissan Infiniti Qx4 Ac / Nissan/infiniti Car Thread / Nissan Infiniti 1999-2002 Qx4 Against Toyota 2000 Camry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by kingbee90: 5:28pm On Mar 31
kingreign:

There's no such thing as an INFINITI with bad electrical systems. If your INFINITI is experiencing some electrical problem, blame it on you and your electrician.

Mechanically, they're very good cars as long as you take care of them and don't abuse them.

Easy Mike... Take it easy.
I'm an Infiniti enthusiast & an Fx35 owner as well.
Mine is serving me faithfully. I was only checking on other users to know how they are faring.

1 Like

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by smartistics(m): 6:21pm On Apr 09
These cars uses flyby wiring system making it complex in terms of usage and maintenance. I will still prefer them to other brands like toyota and honda. Nissan is not for the joke.
kingreign:

There's no such thing as an INFINITI with bad electrical systems. If your INFINITI is experiencing some electrical problem, blame it on you and your electrician.

Mechanically, they're very good cars as long as you take care of them and don't abuse them.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by smartistics(m): 6:29pm On Apr 09
What happened to your car bcm, please educate me, i have never changed mine before.
Itsrm:

Nigerians are sleeping on these cars. Close to two years using the G37, only thing I've replaced is the BCM and VVT solenoid.

The damage to the BCM could easily have been prevented if I knew what I now know.

Only thing I'll add is, if you don't have a sound mechanic and your mechanic is the type that uses tire in place of control arm bushing then these cars may not be for you.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by smartistics(m): 6:34pm On Apr 09
Was the valves oil seals changed? The the cylinders rehoned? Was the rings gaps well adjusted and lastly was original rings used, like NPR?
YoungBrain:
Please house where do I get original rings and metals for a 2006 Pathfinder. It has been ringed previously but still smokes
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Itsrm(m): 10:04am On Apr 10
smartistics:
What happened to your car bcm, please educate me, i have never changed mine before.

I had reasons to remove the battery and did not know the windshield cowl was meant to be sealed after battery removal.

Water seeped in from there and damaged the BCM.

1 Like

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by jceesquare(m): 1:29pm On Apr 10
Itsrm:

I had reasons to remove the battery and did not know the windshield cowl was meant to be sealed after battery removal.

Water seeped in from there and damaged the BCM.

That's an expensive battery removal.
Worse if battery was taken out to jumpstart another car.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Itsrm(m): 6:03pm On Apr 10
jceesquare:

That's an expensive battery removal.
Worse if battery was taken out to jumpstart another car.

Very expensive battery removal. I went through hell before I got a replacement BCM. Most used BCMs in Ladipo are dead.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by jceesquare(m): 7:31pm On Apr 10
Itsrm:

Very expensive battery removal. I went through hell before I got a replacement BCM. Most used BCMs in Ladipo are dead.
I can relate.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by successfx: 2:38am On Apr 14
Hello House!
My Infiniti FX45 2006 drains power steering fluid quickly and i ca actually see the fluid on the ground in two different positions . One just under the power steering fluid cup but non sign of leakage on the cup itself and the second location is somewhere near the engine (somewhat near the engine oil section) and this one drops on the an hot metal underneath the leak (i think it's exhaust) causing a burning smell. This whole leakage and burning smell only happens immediately parked after a drive, i figured it twice while refuelling but power steering oil drains quickly. The one near the engine is darker and the other is definitely the power steering oil even dripping on the alternator since its right under it.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by kingreign(m): 8:11am On Apr 14
successfx:
Hello House!
My Infiniti FX45 2006 drains power steering fluid quickly and i ca actually see the fluid on the ground in two different positions . One just under the power steering fluid cup but non sign of leakage on the cup itself and the second location is somewhere near the engine (somewhat near the engine oil section) and this one drops on the an hot metal underneath the leak (i think it's exhaust) causing a burning smell. This whole leakage and burning smell only happens immediately parked after a drive, i figured it twice while refuelling but power steering oil drains quickly. The one near the engine is darker and the other is definitely the power steering oil even dripping on the alternator since its right under it.

Have a mechanic check and fix the cause of the leak.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nexxy007: 11:22am On Apr 18
Nexxy007:
hi, Please i have Nissan Qashqai 2007, was working fine until suddenly it doent change gear anymore while driving. I can change to park, neutral, reverse and drive but it stays on just the starting gear, if i floor the accelerator, the rpm just increases and the vehicle can gain a bit more speed but the gear doesn't change, please what could be the issue.

Update: so i an electrical guy told me the issue is the brain box, so we changed it. Unfortunately i didnt the scan codes he got before chnaging the brain box, now the vehicle can only drive normally for like 20-30mins before entering limp mode. So i did the scan myself this time around and the codes i am getting now is
P0725 - Engine Speed Sensor Circuit Malfunction
P0720 - Output Speed Sensor Circuit Malfunction
P0746 - Pressure Control Solenoid 'A' Electrical
P1701 - Transmission Control Module (TCM) Malfunction
P1723 - Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor Circuit Malfunction
P1715 - Transmission Pressure Control Solenoid Circuit Malfunction
P1574 - Engine/Transmission Mismatched
P0172 - System Too Rich (Bank 1)

Seems like alot of problem, please is there anyone that can do this or i should just change the transmission to avoid incessant problem.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by royalwax2: 5:50am On Apr 20
Nexxy007:

Update: so i an electrical guy told me the issue is the brain box, so we changed it. Unfortunately i didnt the scan codes he got before chnaging the brain box, now the vehicle can only drive normally for like 20-30mins before entering limp mode. So i did the scan myself this time around and the codes i am getting now is

Seems like alot of problem, please is there anyone that can do this or i should just change the transmission to avoid incessant problem.

Qashqai with its fragile CVT.
Which oil do you use on the gearbox?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nexxy007: 11:08am On Apr 22
royalwax2:

Qashqai with its fragile CVT.
Which oil do you use on the gearbox?

Nissan CVT oil
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by kingreign(m): 1:30pm On Apr 22
Nexxy007:

Nissan CVT oil

Nissan has many CVT fluid, which specific CVT fluid did you use?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Agasco2020(m): 1:46pm On Apr 22
kingreign:

Nissan have only NS-2 for their CVT....
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by kingreign(m): 1:50pm On Apr 22
Agasco2020:

Nissan have only NS-2 for their CVT....

Very untrue.

Nissan has NS-1 for their 1st Gen CVT,
NS-2 for their 2nd gen CVT, and NS-3 for 3rd gen CVT respectively.

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Nexxy007: 6:29pm On Apr 22
kingreign:

NS-2 actually
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by TT20: 11:21pm On Apr 24
Hi everyone, I need help/assistance on my 2008 Infiniti fx35. The dashboard guage for rpm, speedometer, fuel , temperature and ac not working. Please what could wrong? Is it a blown fuse/relay? Please help
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by kingreign(m): 6:26am On Apr 25
TT20:
Hi everyone, I need help/assistance on my 2008 Infiniti fx35. The dashboard guage for rpm, speedometer, fuel , temperature and ac not working. Please what could wrong? Is it a blown fuse/relay? Please help

When did this started?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by TT20: 6:50am On Apr 25
kingreign:

When did this started?

Yesterday evening, thank you brother
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by kingreign(m): 7:02am On Apr 25
TT20:

Yesterday evening, thank you brother

What caused it? Did your Mechanic or electrician work on the car? If yes, what part of the car?

You may have to open up your IPDM close to your battery and under the driver and passenger footwell and check for water intrusion.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by TT20: 7:15am On Apr 25
kingreign:

What caused it? Did your Mechanic or electrician work on the car? If yes, what part of the car?

You may have to open up your IPDM close to your battery and under the driver and passenger footwell and check for water intrusion.

Electrician worked on my door speakers, he connected 2 wires to the battery terminals to test the speakers independently. That's all. This was in the afternoon, everything was fine when I left his place
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by kingreign(m): 8:53am On Apr 25
TT20:

Electrician worked on my door speakers, he connected 2 wires to the battery terminals to test the speakers independently. That's all. This was in the afternoon, everything was fine when I left his place

IDPM fried or a fuse burnt most probably.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by TT20: 5:48pm On Apr 25
kingreign:

IDPM fried or a fuse burnt most probably.

Burnt fuse, fixed. thanks bro

2 Likes

Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Kelvinae: 10:57am On Apr 26
Dears,

Kindly be informed that as a sales advisor at Axa Mansard Insurance I can handle your individual and corporate insurance. Example properties insurance, travel insurance, health insurance(HMO), life insurance (Bonus life, group life) money insurance, motor insurance (comprehensive and Third party), marine insurance, goods on transit insurance, investment (Money market, new life savings), and other forms of insurance for your need.

All forms of Axa Mansard Insurance have attractive benefits.

Please call me or chat me on WhatsApp with this phone number: 08061233831 to book your needed insurance policy.

Thank you.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by ChristineC: 8:05pm On Apr 26
Itsrm:

did you get a new one?
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Agasco2020(m): 8:39pm On Apr 26
Join the WhatsApp group for the Volkswagen users..
Follow this link to join my WhatsApp group: https:///GiSUQx8y6eK9ZYd76HSqTu
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by chukel(m): 3:25pm On Apr 27
Nexxy007:

wrong brainbox installed.
Re: Official Nissan & Infiniti Thread by Itsrm(m): 3:49pm On Apr 27
ChristineC:
did you get a new one?

No, used.

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (Reply)

Top 5 Signs Of A Bad Fuel Injector / The Audi And Volkswagen Issues Resolution Thread / What Causes A Car To Start Consuming Fuel Excessively

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.